Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He keeps bringing up Max dying and how sad it is. Going for sympathy?

Speaking to it as an excuse for Adam being there. He doesn't seem to be talking about it being suicide at all. All he is doing is trying to say that Adam didn't do "it".

He's like a stand up comedian without the jokes, oh by the way...I just remembered this little story, oh by the way...

Weird how much time he is using on the clothes...seems to be sandbagging. Well he doesn’t have much else.

I think the clothing is important. It is an example of how the plaintiff's theories are based off of lack of evidence as evidence of wrong doing. Specifically with the clothing the complaint falsely alleged several times that AS got rid of the clothing:

"Defendant ADAM SHACKNAI lastly set out to stage a suicide, and hide his involvement, first by removing and later disposing of the various articles of clothing REBECCA was last seen wearing publicly on June 12, 2011, in an effort to conceal DNA evidence and evidence of having stripped REBECCA of her clothing, laying out clothing matching Zahau's size including a white undershirt, black long3 sleeve t-shirt and blue jeans in an effort to divert attention away from her last known clothing in the inevitable investigation into REBECCA's death."

"Based on the facts that DECEDENT was found naked and that the clothing she was wearing on that date was not found at the scene of the murder, Plaintiffs allege that once inside the residence, Defendant ADAM SHACKNAI stripped off her clothing."

"Defendant ADAM SHACKNAI was careful to remove any evidence of his involvement, including the disposal of the tape used to initially bind her lower legs, and REBECCA's clothes that she was last seen publicly in on July 12, 2011."

Problem is, this did not happen. The clothes were there. This is why the conversion COA was tossed. It was completely baseless.

And sorry that some of my posts seem a bit jumbled. I'm trying to listen and type at the same time :)
Thanks for transcribing! I can only type about 10 words a minute on my phone.
[emoji222][emoji222]

Webb knows that the parents were told Max would never walk or talk again, but Dina disagrees. I know who I believe.

Afternoon break til 3:15pm

Speaking to it as an excuse for Adam being there. He doesn't seem to be talking about it being suicide at all. All he is doing is trying to say that Adam didn't do "it".

Bingo.

Whoever's picking up the tab for this defense team must be a little hot under the collar right about now. Not a stellar performance.

Whoever's picking up the tab for this defense team must be a little hot under the collar right about now. Not a stellar performance.

Agree. And Greer will have the last say...

He just talked about Jonah's message left. It was the last received by Rebecca (comments are saying that is because she was murdered before she could return the call!). How Jonah had talked to Dr. Peterson and received "blunt" news. That is what he reiterated was left for Rebecca in the message.

He was just going to talk about Rebecca's death when the judge cut him off. They are breaking for the day. At least I think the judge asked how much longer and the Webb said he probably wouldn't get through it all so the judge told him to find a good stopping point.

IMO, there has been very little discussion about suicide. Unless tomorrow he really tries to force the suicide narrative, I think they are hanging their hats on not enough hard evidence pointing to Adam. At this point they almost seem to make LE look bad because they aren't pushing suicide. It might murder, but it wan't Adam. That seems the crux of the defense closing thus far.

Interesting that we aren't hearing from the suicide proponents during the closings...

They've done this since Rebecca was first murdered. To them it justifies blaming her for being murdered. She had it coming because Max died while she was babysitting him. It's always been a diversion tactic for them, a way of making people feel guilty for thinking Rebecca was murdered.

For those of you trying to view on iPads and iPhones, I would try to download the PROTON flash viewer from the App Store. It’s $4.99 and can be utilized to view flash.

He just talked about Jonah's message left. It was the last received by Rebecca (comments are saying that is because she was murdered before she could return the call!). How Jonah had talked to Dr. Peterson and received "blunt" news. That is what he reiterated was left for Rebecca in the message.

He was just going to talk about Rebecca's death when the judge cut him off. They are breaking for the day. At least I think the judge asked how much longer and the Webb said he probably wouldn't get through it all so the judge told him to find a good stopping point.

IMO, there has been very little discussion about suicide. Unless tomorrow he really tries to force the suicide narrative, I think they are hanging their hats on not enough hard evidence pointing to Adam. At this point they almost seem to make LE look bad because they aren't pushing suicide. It might murder, but it wan't Adam. That seems the crux of the defense closing thus far.

Interesting that we aren't hearing from the suicide proponents during the closings...

The message Jonah allegedly left. There's never been any proof that he left the message he claims. It's about as valid as the claim that Adam took Ambien the night before and slept through the whole thing.

For those of you trying to view on iPads and iPhones, I would try to download the PROTON flash viewer from the App Store. It’s $4.99 and can be utilized to view flash.

Viewing on windows laptop and working fine. iPad and iPhone were a no go. But the I have a message now saying playback will soon be available of Webb, and that’s how I watched Greer playback on the iPad.

I heard 3:15, unless it changed after that.

Did they actually say that Adam stole Rebecca's clothes? The defense just said Mary accused Adam of stealing the "missing" clothes. He's really focusing on the fact they said Adam stole the clothes. The defense lawyer is touting how he was the one that brought to the attention the clothes on a heap on the floor of the closet. He is really going on about the photo with the clothes in a pile on the floor.

Why are the clothes being "found" such a big deal?

There were a lot of motions filed from the defense before the trial suggesting that RZ was actually buried in the clothes she was wearing. I understand this was to overcome the part of the complaint when it stated AS had undressed RZ.

My understanding then was that this aspect was modified in the plaintiffs updated complaint, and they removed the suggestion she was undressed by AS, as they then believed she was naked already, due to showering, when confronted.

Personally, I am at a loss as to why this aspect would be thought to be relevant to the jury, as I understand the clothes that were not returned to the family, that were suggested as her last worn garments, (that now appear in the photograph presented at court apparently) were never returned to the family either.

Because they were never returned, they assumed AS had taken them, which is understandable IMO...

Just my opinion....

So, we're not back. The previous segment was playing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER