Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think perhaps they broke for the day because Webb said he likely wouldn't be done today. It was hard to tell.
I just re-watched the end and she definitely said we'll take our afternoon break, be back at 3:15.

I think Webb saw our comments and pulled out the plug :D

I just re-watched the end and she definitely said we'll take our afternoon break, be back at 3:15.

If I were Webb, I'd be putting the old cell phone on do not disturb this evening. :D

He probably needs more time to write the rest of his argument. I was not at all impressed by anything he stated up to this point today. I wish I could have seen the jury’s faces for both attorney’s closing statements.

Webb VERY loud, aggressive, fast talking.

Judge asked him (I think) to slow down. His presentation is in line with the staging, 7 years of "all over the place" commentary and hostility we are used to.

:

thinking:

haha.

If they are back, I can't get to it. You guys are all saved from having to read my rambling.

Was Jonah in court? Did Adam have any support from his brother, Dina or Nina today?

The court usually finishes at 4 pm, so perhaps the judge let the jury go as they need to come back tomorrow.

I think that if Mr Greer has not yet closed this will be very good as he can review the defense arguments and revisit his own, and cover the points he may wish to address and reiterate.

The court website is down for maintenance so I could not purchase the full jury instructions over the last few days, but Inwill try again this evening. I will also contact my friend to see her feelings on how it went in the courtroom and post.

Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Webb VERY loud, aggressive, fast talking.

Judge asked him (I think) to slow down. His presentation is in line with the staging, 7 years of "all over the place" commentary and hostility we are used to.

Judge asked both sides to slow down. It is not uncommon for judge to tell someone to slow down, it's so the court reporter can make an accurate transcript.

The court usually finishes at 4 pm, so perhaps the judge let the jury go as they need to come back tomorrow.

I think that if Mr Greer has not yet closed this will be very good as he can review the defense arguments and revisit his own, and cover the points he may wish to address and reiterate.

The court website is down for maintenance so I could not purchase the full jury instructions over the last few days, but Inwill try again this evening. I will also contact my friend to see her feelings on how it went in the courtroom and post.

Just my opinion....

Thank you, Lezah.

Was Jonah in court? Did Adam have any support from his brother, Dina or Nina today?
I can't be sure but I think one of the lawyers glanced back as if to acknowledge Jonah as they said his name.

Did Greer cover the knot expert, or Adam's 911 call etc?

what else...the voicemail and the police not retrieving it before it was too late

AS admission to masturbating

Did Greer cover the knot expert, or Adam's 911 call etc?

what else...the voicemail and the police not retrieving it before it was too late

AS admission to masturbating

Not that I heard.
IANAL but I think Greer expected the defense's case to be what it was, no evidence of AS at the scene, no fingerprints, DNA, etc.
So he can finish up acknowledging that and then pointing out all the circumstantial evidence, the discrepancies in AS's statements, etc.
Tomorrow will be very interesting.

EDIT: He did cover the knot expert.

Oh my gosh...I have Fantastic feedback.....

There were a lot of motions filed from the defense before the trial suggesting that RZ was actually buried in the clothes she was wearing. I understand this was to overcome the part of the complaint when it stated AS had undressed RZ.

My understanding then was that this aspect was modified in the plaintiffs updated complaint, and they removed the suggestion she was undressed by AS, as they then believed she was naked already, due to showering, when confronted.

Personally, I am at a loss as to why this aspect would be thought to be relevant to the jury, as I understand the clothes that were not returned to the family, that were suggested as her last worn garments, (that now appear in the photograph presented at court apparently) were never returned to the family either.

Because they were never returned, they assumed AS had taken them, which is understandable IMO...

Just my opinion....

Furthermore, Rebecca had an open casket funeral and Jonah shacknai attended this funeral, if she was wearing that dress, wouldn’t Jonah know this?

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/jonah-shacknai-attends-girlfriend-rebecca-zahau-funeral/

Mr Greer introduced the mannequin after lunch. .. a lot more to follow shortly....getting all the details...

He keeps bringing up Max dying and how sad it is. Going for sympathy?

Speaking to it as an excuse for Adam being there. He doesn't seem to be talking about it being suicide at all. All he is doing is trying to say that Adam didn't do "it".
I think that could be a recognition of his difficulty. Because he's lost them if the jury thinks it was murder and he keeps on about suicide. He's treading a fine line here and it can't be easy to know which angles to play up.

Trouble is if he goes down the murder route he's got to explain that pesky message on the door.

I think he'll lose the jury whatever he does. So he'll just continue padding it out to use up his time and try to make them feel sympathy for AS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL