Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware of this and it's great to know. I was wondering why there was no fellow workers or employers called for deposition or to testify. There were good reasons for both sides to do this. This is a double edged sword for the defense, because they really only had JS and DS to testify about Adam on a personal level, to give the jury an idea of who he is and why he isn't someone who would commit murder. No friends were called, no co workers, etc......but on the other hand greer would have asked each of them if they have any knowledge that adam knew these knots. the defense couldn't allow this testimony for obvious reasons, but it also has not helped their case in showing the jury the type of person adam is. Webb's closing yesterday basically asks the jury to think about who adam is, the problem is, the only testimony they have heard is JS and DS, who lived long distance and did not have any dealings in adams day to day life. It also makes you wonder, and I think the jury my wonder this, why didn't the defense call his girlfriend Mary? She was obviously available and in court, why wouldn't they call her to talk about adam and the person he is?

BBM: Right, not even the longtime girlfriend. Seems she could have vouched for his character and maybe knots too. :facepalm:

Not even the longtime girlfriend. Seems she could have vouched for his character. :facepalm:

The defense set it up so that AS could give her a shout-out from the stand, and then Webb tried to give her another howdy-doo yesterday, which Greer objected to, and the judge sustained his objection.

If I'm a juror, I'm thinking this is some very weird stuff. :confused:

There was one partial fingerprint found on the cap of the paint tube but it was described as ‘smudged beyond identification’ by the police investigator.

( from my notes at trial and best of my recollection)

Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for this clarification.

I'll say it again, LE DID interview her.

What is up, Screecher :wave: Big day!

LE did interview her. From Dr. Melinek’s report:

Snip-

According to the police department interview with XZ,
Rebecca Zahau sister, Maxfield was "smart like a 7 or 8 year old" and did not ride his Razor scooter near the edge of the stairs or down the stairs. She said he could not ride fast because the floor was carpeted.

RZ’s fingerprint was still on the cap. I find it unbelievable that the scene was wiped down so thoroughly that only RZ’s dna and fingerprints were left behind.

😑 I find it unbelievable that non-shedders have been discussed ad nauseum here and in court and yet this debate still goes on. It’s scientifically possible for his DNA to be absent. Far from unbelievable.

The defense set it up so that AS could give her a shout-out from the stand, and then Webb tried to give her another howdy-doo yesterday, which Greer objected to, and the judge sustained his objection.

If I'm a juror, I'm thinking this is some very weird stuff. :confused:

Very weird. Adam doing that in the first place is odd enough, but the attorney doing it, too? Sounds like an overplayed hand to give appearances of Adam's having a relationship. I forgot who made the excellent point that she was never called to testify to Adam's character or anything...but TWO shoutouts in the court room???

​Justice for Rebecca!
:thewave:
:jumping:Here we go:jumping:

Atty Webb picking up from where he left off yesterday.

Now talking about the door message. No witness testified to what the message may mean. Reading Tsuida’s testimony. Suggesting the 911 call for Max and her religion.

He is talking about interpreting the painting on the door using Tsuida's statement that they concluded that "Rebecca likely painted the message on the door." So many people have gone on for years about what this message means. IMO the only one who can tell us exactly what that message meant is AS.

He is trying to give a slam-dunk gravitas to suicide because that's what the death certificate says.

Webb telling court why Dr. Lucas was not called.

Webb now talking about Dr. Phil and the exhumation. Big doctor Phil show about it. Expenses paid by Dr. Phil show.

Talking about the missing 2 front pages from Dr. Wecht's autopsy and impugning Dr. Wecht's testimony, saying Dr. Wecht didn't know about RZ's DNA on the knots, that he didn't look at any evidence of the case that "you the jury" have seen here in this trial.
I am sure Greer is noting the refuting he will need to add to his close.

Didn’t need him because another expert ME would back up his report and Dr Wecht said it was a good report, too - not verbatim

Webb just testified the fingerprint on the top of the tube was Rebecca’s. I revisited my notes and they refer to

‘Mr Greer/fingerprint tube/Top/smudgedRZ/beyond ID?’

I will await rebuttal for the correction and post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring