Rebecca's cell phone records

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were lots of data transfers after she was dead...

LE is reported to have said they didn't turn on her cell phone for a month.

But -- how can we believe anything LE has to say in this case? In the USA, this case should not be considered "closed." It seems like we're reading about proceedings in another country. IMO.

Thank you deanna, for all the hard work organizing the phone records. :rocker:

You're welcome and I should add that if anyone finds errors, please post them here for anyone keeping records of same. It was a bit tough on the eyes. :seeya:

But -- how can we believe anything LE has to say in this case? In the USA, this case should not be considered "closed." It seems like we're reading about proceedings in another country. IMO.

Why hasn't the family's lawyer filed an official request for a new investigation?

They haven't even got a copy of the file from LE yet. This is going to take time.

Here is the link to the Today Show with Anne, her sister and brother inlaw.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43646358#44729224"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

Very good show! The titile of it should be "See America, money DOES talk".

If JS is so innocent, after hearing the concerns stated above, he should use some of his spare change, and pass it over to Rebeccas family, but, he won't. He is totally satisfied with what investigators came up with!! He doesn't want to know the truth! WHY?? His loving fiance is dead. Her family believe she has been murdered and DID raise some ligitimate concerns, why oh why, is JS not interested? Shouldn't he want to know if some crazed mad man KILLED the love of his life? Surley he has the money to find that out, IF he was interested.

I did a google search and there are people on cell phone support forums complaining about "data transfer" charges by AT&T. RZ's phone wasn't even on, I don't know why it would be transferring any data.

Looked up CA property laws concerning getting your property back from LE. A Sacramento link came up.

http://www.sacpd.org/faq/property/#q8

When can I claim my property that was booked as evidence?

For all evidence held in which a person has been arrested/cited, we must receive a District Attorney confirmation that the case is closed on all defendants. In some cases, the District Attorney may not release items immediately, pending further investigation or appeals. We also must receive a detective release on all assigned cases. Upon closure of the cases and receipt of necessary releases, an owner must pick up his/her property within 15 days. If your mailing address changes, notify the Property Section so that you can be notified when your property is available.

Evidence

Evidence includes items of property which have some connection to a crime (such as tools used to commit a burglary or items recovered from a previous burglary). Because items booked as evidence may be used during the course of a criminal trial, they are handled differently from other items in regard to handling, packaging, etc.

Items held as evidence are usually retained until the prosecution of the criminal case has been concluded on all parties involved in the case. Approval may be required from both the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office and the police detective assigned to the case before property can be released.

Property Section personnel DO NOT have information on case dispositions. If you have questions about a criminal case or need to know the current status, please contact the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office at (916) 874-6218 and ask to speak with the Deputy District Attorney in charge of the case (you will need to provide the case number). Online inquiries can be made at the Sacramento County District Attorney. If you don't know the case number, contact the Records Section at (916) 808-0620.

Since there was not a 'crime' according to SDSO, the property should be released. Interesting I would say. Not sure if things are the same in San Diego, but I have a feeling things are not that different.:loser:

Deanna, thank you for all your hard work!! The more I see of Rebecca's phone records, the more I think they can tell us a lot more than LE is giving the phone credit for.

Looked up CA property laws concerning getting your property back from LE. A Sacramento link came up.

http://www.sacpd.org/faq/property/#q8

When can I claim my property that was booked as evidence?

For all evidence held in which a person has been arrested/cited, we must receive a District Attorney confirmation that the case is closed on all defendants. In some cases, the District Attorney may not release items immediately, pending further investigation or appeals. We also must receive a detective release on all assigned cases. Upon closure of the cases and receipt of necessary releases, an owner must pick up his/her property within 15 days. If your mailing address changes, notify the Property Section so that you can be notified when your property is available.

Evidence

Evidence includes items of property which have some connection to a crime (such as tools used to commit a burglary or items recovered from a previous burglary). Because items booked as evidence may be used during the course of a criminal trial, they are handled differently from other items in regard to handling, packaging, etc.

Items held as evidence are usually retained until the prosecution of the criminal case has been concluded on all parties involved in the case. Approval may be required from both the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office and the police detective assigned to the case before property can be released.

Property Section personnel DO NOT have information on case dispositions. If you have questions about a criminal case or need to know the current status, please contact the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office at (916) 874-6218 and ask to speak with the Deputy District Attorney in charge of the case (you will need to provide the case number). Online inquiries can be made at the Sacramento County District Attorney. If you don't know the case number, contact the Records Section at (916) 808-0620.

Since there was not a 'crime' according to SDSO, the property should be released. Interesting I would say. Not sure if things are the same in San Diego, but I have a feeling things are not that different.:loser:

Deanna, thank you for all your hard work!! The more I see of Rebecca's phone records, the more I think they can tell us a lot more than LE is giving the phone credit for.

The cell phone in the search warrant was receipted as being taken from 1043 Ocean Blvd Coronado which was owned by JS, I would think that's where it would have to be returned.

The cell phone in the search warrant was receipted as being taken from 1043 Ocean Blvd Coronado which was owned by JS, I would think that's where it would have to be returned.

The bill was in Rebecca's name and listed two additional phones for her younger brother and sister also. I think that very well proves ownership.

I am also not aware that Jonah made claim to the phone. I would find that quite unusual, considering that it was Rebecca's phone.:seeya:

What happened to the ring?
Was she wearing it when they found her?
Was it left bedside?

A ring was not listed in autopsy, but the 3 bands she were on her wrists were. So likely she was not wearing a ring.

A ring was not listed in autopsy, but the 3 bands she were on her wrists were. So likely she was not wearing a ring.

..also--the power balance band is a little different (bulkier) than the 'regular' silicone bands on the left wrist.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...TItOWM1Mi00NGE4LWEyZDgtMjc3OWUxZTYzYmY5&hl=en

---autopsy report----

.."on the left wrist are a black "Bionic" band and a yellow "Livestrong" band.
A "Power Balance" band is on the right wrist."

"Whether we’re athletes or just regular people working out to stay healthy and in shape, we all need some sort of encouragement now and then. Should we ever fail to find it within us, it’s good to know we could always rely on the Power Balance silicone wristbands that claim to tap into our bodies’ natural energy and balance it according to our needs – for just $29.95."

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage...creased-Energy-Flexibility-and-Balance-2.jpg/
---"power balance" wristband image---

..i would think that the power balance wristband in particular would "get in the way" of someone tying up their (own) wrists with the rope...

..on the other hand----wearing the 3 wristbands ( that denote something she believed in ) would be perfectly normal for her to keep on-----while going to bed for the night.

Just a thought on the data transfers. RZ might've subscribed to a service that sent some type of updates to her phone or "push" messages. That would explain the info coming in after her death and at exactly the same time on different days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the DATA TRANSFERS..... what ARE those? Sending pictures, Video messages show up on the bill in their own seperate area. The last one she sent was on the 11th.

There is a Data Transfer at 10:49PM on July 12 just eight minutes after NS text. Who did she send a photo too? What was it a photo of? There is also a data transfer at 10:49Pm on the 13th... and many more after... while in the hands of LE?

The Data Transfers are interesting. At 10:42PM on the 7,8,9 & 11th there are data transfers exactly the same time. All with different file sizes.

AND on the 12th Jonah sends a text at 8:43PM and then there is an outgoing data transfer from RZ's phone at 8:49PM... a picture response to his text?

My bill does not show data transer in KB just the amount of pictures sent as I am charged per pic.

I thought this was web surfing... but maybe not. web surfing would be shown as data in I presume. Anyone have these kinds of phones or is billed from the same company?

Surfing on the net and keeping websites like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr etc. in sync with the phone are the same as "data transfers". At least it is on my bill.

BBM - Yes, it is frightening and a fore warning of what is to come. Our justice system seems to be crumbling before our very eyes and with the outrage over this particular case, instead of re-opening this case as the public is demanding, the powers that be sit back and thumb their noses at those of us that want Justice.

So if you come to visit me in my home, I am entitled to all your belongings?

Just a thought on the data transfers. RZ might've subscribed to a service that sent some type of updates to her phone or "push" messages. That would explain the info coming in after her death and at exactly the same time on different days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bessie. The bill said it was "out" the facebook theory is quite likely.. good thinking.

These I found interesting. They are ALL phone calls from RZ's billing records that occurred on 7/12, including family members and others.

July 12
Howard - 8:31AM 3M (Incoming)
Adam - 9:42AM 2M (Incoming)
Howard - 9:55AM 1M
Detective - 10:23AM 2M
???? - 12:05PM 1M Vmail CL
Gideon- 12:14PM 4M (Incoming)
Snowem- 1:25PM 5M (Incoming)
Snowem- 1:30PM 4M (Incoming)
Snowem- 1:41PM 1M (Incoming)
???? - 2:35PM 1M Vmail CL
Blocked- 3:53PM 3M ??