Related Issues and Food for Thought

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say that DM was the one who used said phone? TIA

Can someone please point out where in the press it states that the cellphone was being used by DM? I only see that 'one of the accused' is alleged but no-one named. TIA

Or maybe he has been the victim of assaults by other jail birds? That sounds more logical. He wouldn't be the first to deny assault in jail to protect his own skin should other inmates get their hands on the daily news in print. Considering the black eye he sported in his first court appearance, I suggest that was due to his take down or another prison was aware of TB's case and didn't like the accusations MS was charged in TB's murder.
While he assumes many of the other inmates recognize his name and his high-profile case, he says he has not been targeted in any way. He says he gets outside, but not often — especially now that he’s in segregation again.[/I]

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...y_they_want_to_tell_their_story_but_cant.html

snipped for space

I guess you answered your own question - "he says he has not been targeted in any way".

I would think if you got a black eye during a "take down", then you didn't go peacefully. Generally speaking, injuries during arrests are more often received resisting arrest. JMO

BBM - "keeps getting put back"... Do you have a number on what you're claiming? BTW it's not solitary it's considered segregation. There are two types of segregation: disciplinary segregation and administrative segregation HTH. MS has the choice whether he wants to be in GP or segregation. Does DM? ALL MOO.

No numbers. It wasn't me claiming it. It was MS himself who said it in his interview. See link posted previously.

Yes, I know the correct name in Canada is segregation. I was the one who posted the links earlier with the different types of segregation. But it's still solitary, as in separated from the other inmates. The institution also has the choice to put someone in administrative segregation if they feel there is a threat to the prisoner or to other inmates. Based on his interview, it doesn't sound like he is too fond of segregation and wouldn't have requested it for himself. JMO

Nothing in his history to show he has violent tendencies. Not even the gore video a friend asked him to participate in. That would be like saying Dexter is an actual murderer based on his shows.

So what you're saying is that acting in a gore video doesn't show violent tendencies, but watching Dexter does? Okay..... JMO

Repeat offender of what?

A repeat offender of criminal offenses. Regardless of how minor you feel they are, drugs and impaired driving are criminal offenses. HTH

Perhaps his case of mischief under $5000 has already been dealt with and we were not privy to that information. Perhaps MS was found not guilty.

Yes, I'm sure it was since the court date was June 3, 2013. I'm doubtful that a mischief charge would warrant too many court delays. I wouldn't be too hopeful that he was found not guilty since he was caught with paint on his hands. Also, wasn't it his "name" that was painted on the overpass?

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2904155-adults-arrested-for-overpass-graffiti/

I couldn't help but notice that he chose to run instead of just surrendering in that instance too.

All JMO.

Where does it say that DM was the one who used said phone? TIA

Can someone please point out where in the press it states that the cellphone was being used by DM? I only see that 'one of the accused' is alleged but no-one named. TIA

I have tried on numerous occasions to find some confirmation that it has been determined who bought and/or used the cellphone. Although the press has sometimes insinuated that it was DM, all I have been able to find from LE is that it was "one of the accused".

That same afternoon, Mr. Millard also had arrangements to meet a Toronto man to test drive another Dodge Ram diesel truck advertised on Kijiji and Auto Trader, Staff Sgt. Kavanagh confirmed, but that man missed the meeting because he took a nap and overslept.

“Fate is a wonderful thing, isn’t it?” he said, adding that police found that Toronto man through calls on a disposable cellphone traced to Mr. Millard.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ird-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

The article is quoting Det Kavanaugh throughout. Seems pretty clear to me that the burner phone is linked to Dellen Millard according to police.

MOO

Noticed it mentioned above about the video MS was in and that got me thinking... the term 'thrill kill'(or something along those lines) was mentioned in one article and another article mentioned a very large computer seizure in relation to this case. Did anyone go trolling on the deep web sleuthing MS or DM and if so, was any trace found? Could the murder have been recorded/shared online.

Did LE uncover something so horrendous with this case that a veteran homicide detective just couldn't take what humans are capable of doing to one another anymore? The proverbial straw that broke the camels back?

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Funny and interesting how some think others are naive and don't get it. Unfortunately and extremely sad that peoples' lives have drastically changed forever and not for the best because of absolute evilness. May some never have to walk in the same shoes as Tim's mother, father, widow, daughter, sisters and friends, LB's mother, father, brother and friends who loved and cared about her and those who cared about WM.

It must be a living hell to be the loved ones of the accused. Whether he be your son, your friend, your relative, who has been accused of such horrific things. Reality is, they still have that person they can visit. The loved ones of the deceased don't and they have to live without ever seeing them, holding them, sharing a future with them ever again. On top of that, they have reoccurring nightmares of the brutality and suffering their loved ones went through before their innocent lives where snuffed out by pure evilness. These victims have the visions before and after death of what was physically done to their loved ones by monsters trying to cover up the evidence of their murder, to evade detection and LE. I know what it is like to be a victim. Did it every occur to some that perhaps their plan was to go on and take more innocent lives?

My apologizes if any one reading here has fallen victim to their child's murderous ways. May you find peace, be able to pick up the shattered pieces of your life and move forward in the best way possible.

To anyone who is a victim of losing someone dear to them by heartless murderers, may you find peace. May the wonderful and cherished memories of your loved one erase your nightmares and sorrow. May you have faith and trust in people again knowing not all people have bad and evil intentions. That your loss strengthens your bond with family and friends. Stay strong and positive and know justice will prevail.

ALL JMHO.

Noticed it mentioned above about the video MS was in and that got me thinking... the term 'thrill kill'(or something along those lines) was mentioned in one article and another article mentioned a very large computer seizure in relation to this case. Did anyone go trolling on the deep web sleuthing MS or DM and if so, was any trace found? Could the murder have been recorded/shared online.

Did LE uncover something so horrendous with this case that a veteran homicide detective just couldn't take what humans are capable of doing to one another anymore? The proverbial straw that broke the camels back?

WOW , hadn't thought of that , but now that you mention it , WOW !!!

They are called Snuff Films , back in 1980 I had family in LE who were assigned the task of finding the cross-border traffickers of those films into Canada , he said it made the most hardened officers ill to watch them , and he said the shocking part was finding "high society people" were the ones buying them .

Yesterday evening I watched a talk show, theme "Murder out of greed".

There were murders done for a salary of EUR 1000, in one case EUR 500 for the middleman and EUR 500 for the murderer, done partly by low criminals (ruthless and stupid).
I thought of DM/MS, if they perhaps had done "a job" for someone other, to get the truck or for some other reasons, only for the benefit of their client and for their own salary.
Maybe filming was the topping to this "event".

Unconfirmed: the trials in the deaths of Laura babcock and wayne millard may be this September and October. From Ann brocklehurst's twitter. She is looking for confirmation. Can't link from my phone.

Unconfirmed: the trials in the deaths of Laura babcock and wayne millard may be this September and October. From Ann brocklehurst's twitter. She is looking for confirmation. Can't link from my phone.

Very interesting and thank you Matou.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 2h2 hours ago
Weird. Target trial dates for Wayne Millard and Laura Babcock murders are apparently September and October 2015. Awaiting confirmation

.@crazydutchie Yes, on one level, it seems it has to be wrong. But on another level it sort of makes sense

.@crazydutchie I have never believed there will be more than one trial

.... interesting ..... actually it would make sense because those murder-trials would be "simpler to do" ... they are independent investigations and would not require any linking of evidence from the recent Bosma murder .

Those two cases may even be harder to prove , thus the accused will have the benefit of not having those trials influenced by any evidence in the Bosma case .... clever !!!

Could very well be a wise move by prosecutors , it would help prevent future appeals of injustice

They are called Snuff Films , back in 1980 I had family in LE who were assigned the task of finding the cross-border traffickers of those films into Canada , he said it made the most hardened officers ill to watch them , and he said the shocking part was finding "high society people" were the ones buying them .

I remember a time when snuff films were thought to be just urban legends. I don't think they ever were just urban legends- and I think they are a lot more prevalent than most of us can imagine. For LE to mention computers in regards to this case- it's more than just chop shop inventory and Facebook friends' lists IMO. There has to be video or something related.

DM dabbled in photography years ago. Maybe he decided to try producing videos.

That's been my strong suspicion all along wrt LB .. IMO would explain the absence of a body but constitute proof that the individual is more than likely deceased. (IIRC, Twitchell was charged with Johnny Altinger's murder based on video but JA's partial remains weren't located until later.)

I think if they had some sort of video evidence, they would have gotten the direct indictment for those cases as well. We never heard back about it, but I imagine that if it had been granted we would have.

That also makes it odd that a case with a direct indictment would still take longer to come to trial than a case without it. Preliminary hearings or pretrial motions are more likely for this fall than a trial, I would think.

I think the two earlier murders should be tried first since they will likely involve the gun and incinerator as pieces of evidence. JMO

I think if they had some sort of video evidence, they would have gotten the direct indictment for those cases as well. We never heard back about it, but I imagine that if it had been granted we would have.

That also makes it odd that a case with a direct indictment would still take longer to come to trial than a case without it. Preliminary hearings or pretrial motions are more likely for this fall than a trial, I would think.

Apparently, this is for LB's preliminary hearing. If that's the case, as we thought from the silence, the request for a direct indictment was not granted.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 10h10 hours ago
Clarification: dates reserved in September for Laura Babcock Prelim. Hearing, will likely be lost due to conflict with Bosma court dates

I didn't read anything about it in the news today, I wonder where she got that September date from, and why the media hasn't picked up on it, if it's true.

The trial was originally scheduled to start on September 28, 2015. Then when they had the closed door session back in February, that trial date was "vacated" and a new date set for January 11, 2016. The reason given was partly to allow for a longer time for the pretrial motions, which were scheduled for April 30th, May 1st and September 28th.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/02/25/bosma-trial-delayed-to-early-2016.html

But when they didn't finish the pretrials on May 1st, "in the two days provided", another hearing date was set for May 26th.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-case-back-in-court-at-end-of-may-1.3057742

Does that mean the pretrials are now finished and the September 28th date is now open? Could the closed door hearing have been about delaying the trial to allow the others to proceed first? Is that why the Judge told the lawyers to "go and talk" on the break?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?272812-Tim-Bosma-Dellen-Millard-amp-Mark-Smich-chgd-w-Murder-Christina-Noudga-Accessory-3&p=11515919#post11515919

http://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-po...about-project-pharaoh-investigation-1.2407828

At a news conference Thursday, members of Toronto police’s gun and gang task force said 50 search warrants were executed inside and outside the GTA early Thursday morning as part of the investigation, which targeted members of a mid-level gang called the ‘Monstarz.’
According to police, the gang is linked to drug and firearms trafficking in addition to violent crimes in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29