Related Issues and Food for Thought

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the flying training DM had his parents right there, driving him to the airfield, coaching him on, no doubt forcing him to stick to a schedule and attend every day.

This is definitely not something DM took on on his own at the age of 14 as WM pointed out, he couldn't even drive himself to the airfield.

DM achieved at 14 because his parents forced him to...it was not free will or personal inspiration. A kid who was self-motivated and self-driven would NOT say, "I don't know if I want to be a professional pilot one day, but I know I'll have the ability to do that if I choose to"...that is something someone on the fence would say, not someone burning with desire to become a pilot.

I think once the parents lost physical control of him (i.e., being able to drive him to the airport and force him to do something meaningful) and DM was free to chose how to spend his days, he didn't even want to go to school.

I think, he was too much driven (Carl M certainly was such type of grandfather, I could imagine - himself full of ideas and goals without understanding that there may be persons around who had other/less visions of life). Enthusiastic people would never understand why others are not thrilled.
I think, Wayne M already was less ambitious than his father and didn't expect too much (but something reasonable for DM's life). All IMO.
If DM hadn't got contact to wrong people, who knows whether he one day had found something to work into, to earn good money and to live successful and satisfied. He has done several courses after all. There was no shortage of ideas.

I think, he was too much driven (Carl M certainly was such type of grandfather, I could imagine - himself full of ideas and goals without understanding that there may be persons around who had other/less visions of life). Enthusiastic people would never understand why others are not thrilled.
I think, Wayne M already was less ambitious than his father and didn't expect too much (but something reasonable for DM's life). All IMO.
If DM hadn't got contact to wrong people, who knows whether he one day had found something to work into, to earn good money and to live successful and satisfied. He has done several courses after all.

MS also came from a professional family and there was high achievement in the family so I wonder about him as well.

Perhaps they both felt the bar for achievement in their families was set so high, they no longer cared. Did not want to compete.

Well with the flying training DM had his parents right there, driving him to the airfield, coaching him on, no doubt forcing him to stick to a schedule and attend every day.

This is definitely not something DM took on on his own at the age of 14 as WM pointed out, he couldn't even drive himself to the airfield.

DM achieved at 14 because his parents forced him to...it was not free will or personal inspiration. A kid who was self-motivated and self-driven would NOT say, "I don't know if I want to be a professional pilot one day, but I know I'll have the ability to do that if I choose to"...that is something someone on the fence would say, not someone burning with desire to become a pilot.

I think once the parents lost physical control of him (i.e., being able to drive him to the airport and force him to do something meaningful) and DM was free to chose how to spend his days, he didn't even want to go to school.

That's funny, I didn't know that you could force someone to get their pilot's licence against their will. What is the cut off age for the parents to stop getting all the credit for their child's achievements?

I think there were a lot of hopes and expectations centered on Dellen by the
--- fathers --- mothers --- grandfathers --- and grandmothers --- of the Millard Aviation family.

After all he was "the only one in line" to keep it going .... if the forefathers did not want it to survive they would have sold everything and invested the money in something else , or put it in a family trust.

I do not think Dellen was forced or pushed or coerced into anything , it was more like "high expectations" from family ... even his engagement had the aroma of being more of a family idea than his own . The farm in the country was to be for building a home for his future bride

Maybe when he realized he could build his own circle of friends , and structure his own life the way he wanted , or be popular because of something he did on his own it gave him a sense of empowerment that got carried away in the end.

He could be the best party guy , have the best toys and electronics , be the best gangsta' within his own family of friends and receive the praise and appreciation that he did not get at home ... the farm and forest could be a playground for target practice , paintball , 4-wheeling and bonfires instead of a home for the long departed fiance .

MS also came from a professional family and there was high achievement in the family so I wonder about him as well.

Perhaps they both felt the bar for achievement in their families was set so high, they no longer cared. Did not want to compete.

You nailed it

To me, this all still supports the idea that DM is patiently waiting for trial like his lawyers told him to, even if it goes against his desire to tell the world his story and clear his name publicly, according to the one and only interview with him by that fresh young reporter, Molly Hayes. She's still the only media source to have spoken to him, from what I recall.
<rsbm>

Interestingly enough, if DM did in fact have an alibi, one of the very few responsibilities the defence has in relation to disclosure is to disclose that alibi:

from the Canadian Bar Association:
http://www.cba.org/cba/activities/includes/faq-9.aspx

There are three exceptions to the general absence of a disclosure requirement for the defence:
1.An alibi should be disclosed in sufficient time to allow it to be properly investigated.
2.A psychiatric defence should be disclosed in time to allow a Crown psychiatrist to examine the accused.
3.Any expert opinion evidence on which defence intends to rely should be disclosed 30 days before trial.
<bbm>

IF DM had an alibi and it was disclosed, LE should have had time to investigate, and if it was a credible alibi, he should have been exonerated by now.

WRT no additional interviews, I strongly suspect his lawyer told him to keep quiet.

You nailed it

Perhaps there are those whose underlying fear of failure causes them not to follow the successful, but their status allows them to comfortably function moreso as leaders of the lost.

To me, a fear of failure just doesn't fit into the personality type of someone whose tattoo would say 'ambition'. People who get ambition tattoos aren't usually the kind of person who doesn't want to compete to get ahead in life. Just my personal opinion.

So what happened to his ambition? He never even finished any program or schooling in anything.
DM's "ambition" ended after age 14 IMO. Then he just kept trying to get away with stuff.

People who have ambition do not need a sign pasted on them .... I think he had it on his wrist so he could pretend he had it , or glance at it like a wristwatch and hope he could catch some .

Perhaps there are those whose underlying fear of failure causes them not to follow the successful, but their status allows them to comfortably function moreso as leaders of the lost.

Your psychology makes sense .... Even his other tattoo ...

"I am heaven sent
And don't you dare forget it"

is a message to his followers

So I guess the tattoo is fitting, DM wanted status. Not to be confused with desire for work or activity, energy. Must be what DM's philosophical thought process was when he got the tattoo.

He had power over people, he expected to be honoured, he wanted fame, which now he has acquired through the three murders he committed. The wealth...it's not his no more. DM strived to attain these things all right. Not is a good way. MOO.

Hmm afterthought, I get a sense strived for power over people. Maybe this was the reason for the failed relationship with his ex? He couldn't control her, therefore got rid of her? OR she wouldn't put up with a control freak and ditched him? Was WM a pushover and the reason why DM remained living with WM? Friends living in the basement... DM had power over MS? Money buys friendships and then if that friend is weak minded, it's easy to gain power to control over that friend. MOO.

An earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment:

"I am heaven sent

Wonder what the other wrist tattoo says? Motivation, Captivation, Inspiration, Perfection? MOO.

Interestingly enough, if DM did in fact have an alibi, one of the very few responsibilities the defense has in relation to disclosure is to disclose that alibi:

IF DM had an alibi and it was disclosed, LE should have had time to investigate, and if it was a credible alibi, he should have been exonerated by now.

WRT no additional interviews, I strongly suspect his lawyer told him to keep quiet.

During his jailhouse interview he said ... "I DIDN'T DO IT" when asked if he killed TB ... and it could very well be true (if MS did the actual killing) .... so maybe in his (deluded thinking) he was disassociating himself from the murder and felt "somewhat safe" without needing to give an alibi

The next interview question asked whether he was in the truck with Bosma on the night of May 6 and of course he declined to answer that one

That type of disassociation is not new , even after the Holocaust many of the defendants in the Nuremberg Trials would claim they never actually killed anyone , they were just following orders , and other people did it

Those defendants truly believed they were innocent by disassociation

The courts did not agree

Wonder what the other wrist tattoo says? Motivation, Captivation, Inspiration, Perfection? MOO.

..... never thought of that ... I presumed he had ambition on each wrist .... hmmm

That's funny, I didn't know that you could force someone to get their pilot's licence against their will. What is the cut off age for the parents to stop getting all the credit for their child's achievements?

When kids stop calling themselves kids...some kids are 27 and still identifying as kids....

"I am heaven sent

Which is it, does he want followers or is he a follower?

During his jailhouse interview he said ... "I DIDN'T DO IT" when asked if he killed TB ... and it could very well be true (if MS did the actual killing) .... so maybe in his (deluded thinking) he was disassociating himself from the murder and felt "somewhat safe" without needing to give an alibi

The next interview question asked whether he was in the truck with Bosma on the night of May 6 and of course he declined to answer that one

That type of disassociation is not new , even after the Holocaust many of the defendants in the Nuremberg Trials would claim they never actually killed anyone , they were just following orders , and other people did it

The courts did not agree

By the way, the other tattoo was song lyrics, a typical choice of tattoo if you have a band you really like, from what I am told. I doubt we can tell if he is guilty or innocent by the choice of tattoos he decided on months or years before. Tattoos are not prescient, from what I know, at best they can give us a guess about someone's possible mindset at the time. He could have tattooed 'Lazy 4 Life' or 'F the police' or a peace sign or gang symbols. Maybe he is really religious and he meant the lyrics literally, like he believes that we should all remember that we are gifts from god. Without having someone tell us why they picked the tattoos that they did, it is impossible to know, and impossible to use to determine guilt, in my opinion.

I honestly think DM is a spoiled little boy that just went overboard. He wanted what he wanted and did it with an ego that thought he would never be caught. Totally JMO But I do wonder about any medical records and if they will be called as evidence. In line with discussion here ...lack of ambition (ie: schooling issues) Was he ever diagnosed ADD ADHD...etc...and any indications of Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar etc. Certainly not any kind of excuse for what he is accused of doing..Just wondering out loud at possible defense logistics.

Yet, still I bet that if you were dressing for a murder, you would spend the minute it would take to put a band-aid over it and attempt to hide it, if that were the case, hypothetically.

That's a hard statement to answer as I have never set out to murder someone, but the point I was making is that my tatoo is like a part of me and don't even think of it as "unusual or outstanding" Actually don't even think of it at all!! and when I dress, I do not make a conscious effort to conceal it. I do not for a minute think that DM may have looked at his ambition tatoo and said to himself " I had better hide this". I can guarantee you that never crossed his mind. He had bigger things to think about.

JMO

The courts did not agree

Logical and great example Arnie. The more appropriate question the interviewer should have asked DM was "Did you kill your father?". For those who don't believe DM is capable of lying, that would have be the clincher. Somehow I doubt he would've answered that ;) Oh, wait, no, he would have said, "I didn't do it". DM is denying he murdered any of his three victims. You could very well be right Arnie regarding disassociation. IMO IF MS, DM paid MS to do his dirty work while DM lured LB and TB into his trap. MS may have been down on his luck financial wise, a hefty chunk of change and one of grandpa's old boats may have been pretty enticing. MOO.

If DM would not give up the truth to LE or his lawyer, he's certainly not going to give it up to some reporter.

Which is it, does he want followers or is he a follower?

By the way, the other tattoo was song lyrics, a typical choice of tattoo if you have a band you really like, from what I am told. I doubt we can tell if he is guilty or innocent by the choice of tattoos he decided on months or years before. Tattoos are not prescient, from what I know, at best they can give us a guess about someone's possible mindset at the time. He could have tattooed 'Lazy 4 Life' or 'F the police' or a peace sign or gang symbols. Maybe he is really religious and he meant the lyrics literally, like he believes that we should all remember that we are gifts from god. Without having someone tell us why they picked the tattoos that they did, it is impossible to know, and impossible to use to determine guilt, in my opinion.

(In my thinking) I am Heaven Sent is something he would smilingly point out to his friends and benefactors , you know , the ones he treats to trips and vacations and boating and gamesrooms and parties , and raves .... and stuff like that

As a matter of fact he as much as says that himself ......

“I aspired to that image in some ways because people wanted that of me,” he says pulling up his orange sleeves, revealing large tattoos across both arms that read “I am heaven sent” and “Don’t you dare forget.”
“I threw some parties. I tried to make that a reality for my friends.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member