Relationships with family after being released

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The hatred non-supporters have against Damien boggles my mind.
And then I have to remind myself you guys believe this guy brutally murdered three innocent children.
I would hate him too if I thought that.But then I would hate Jessie and Jason as well.
I think the hate displayed directed at Damien goes deeper and at the very core is the reason he was convicted without evidence in the first place.
People can not stand what they don't perceive as the norm.These celebrities Damien is close to now are close to him because they understand.They once were on the outside as well.Among people that did not understand them.So why is it so strange to you that Damien surrounds himself with people now that do understand him?
Jessie got convicted because of a coerced confession ,Jason got convicted simply because he was friends with Damien.
And sadly it seems to me a lot of people would convict Damien and people like Damien again if this happened again simply because he did not fit their norm.
So sad.

The hatred non-supporters have against Damien boggles my mind.
And then I have to remind myself you guys believe this guy brutally murdered three innocent children.
I would hate him too if I thought that.But then I would hate Jessie and Jason as well.
I think the hate displayed directed at Damien goes deeper and at the very core is the reason he was convicted without evidence in the first place.
People can not stand what they don't perceive as the norm.These celebrities Damien is close to now are close to him because they understand.They once were on the outside as well.Among people that did not understand them.So why is it so strange to you that Damien surrounds himself with people now that do understand him?
Jessie got convicted because of a coerced confession ,Jason got convicted simply because he was friends with Damien.
And sadly it seems to me a lot of people would convict Damien and people like Damien again if this happened again simply because he did not fit their norm.
So sad.[/QUOTE

Well, supporters of the victims and their families cannot understand why some would support convicted murderers.

I've heard of groupies and fans of movies, but you need to realize that all three are convicted child murderers and all three did in fact plea guilty just recently.

...while maintaining their innocence.

Exactly, now where's the proof they claim exists. Everyone is still waiting...

All they seem to want is more donations and go on interviews with people who don't ask any hard questions.

Where's Jessie Misskelly's interview at???

Echols still calls him retarded, maybe he is embarrassed to interview after all the name calling Echols has done on national TV.

The point is that there is no proof that they are guilty. In this country, a suspect is supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. These three never had that presumption. They were presumed guilty from June 3, 1993 forward by many small-minded or narrow-minded people, including the 24 jurors in the trials. Many of these same people still think that way.

The appeals process exists for cases where the jury got it wrong. The Alford Plea exists so that someone with intelligence (like Judge Laser and the defense teams) can correct the injustice and/or corruption that often exists in small towns all around this country and probably the world. Thank goodness that these innocent men are now free. I wonder how people who have supported this miscarriage of justice that robbed three young men of eighteen plus years of their lives feel now. I'm glad that I don't have that on my soul.

Damien's relationship with his family is his own business, and Jessie will talk when he's ready. He has an IQ of 72 and is not yet ready to face the intense pressure of an interview in the public eye. And, as to Damien calling him "retarded," technically, Jessie's IQ puts him is the "borderline mentally retarded" range. Damien has also said that he doesn't blame Jessie at all, but somehow that statement is not always repeated. It should be.

I wonder if any of their family members are planning to write a book? I had heard something about Echols sister writing a book. I think Byers is writing one. Maybe Hobbs will write one. I guess everyone is going to write one. Maybe even Lorri will write one too giving her view of what it's like to live with Echols, but that probably won't happen until they are divorced.

IIRC, Hobbs has already tried (unsuccessfully) to peddle a book. I hadn't heard about Michelle writing one, however. I'll have to watch for it. I've read that Damien is writing a second book, and I look forward to that, too. I have not heard anything about Lorri writing a book, but that's OK, too. And, IMO, I don't see Damien and Lorri ever divorcing. They seem very happy.

IIRC, Hobbs has already tried (unsuccessfully) to peddle a book. I hadn't heard about Michelle writing one, however. I'll have to watch for it. I've read that Damien is writing a second book, and I look forward to that, too. I have not heard anything about Lorri writing a book, but that's OK, too. And, IMO, I don't see Damien and Lorri ever divorcing. They seem very happy.
Time will tell.

As others have posted, their whole relationship for the first 10 years or so was built upon him being on death row, and her working hard (with many others) to free the 3. It's so completely different now! And you might think, but different in all good ways! But we all know that now they will be facing real life in the real world together, and whatever happens in the future.

I wish them both well! :heart::heart: It's an amazing story.

Time will tell.

As others have posted, their whole relationship for the first 10 years or so was built upon him being on death row, and her working hard (with many others) to free the 3. It's so completely different now! And you might think, but different in all good ways! But we all know that now they will be facing real life in the real world together, and whatever happens in the future.

I wish them both well! :heart::heart: It's an amazing story.

Yes, it is truly amazing. I hope that their time in New Zealand with Sir Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will give them a little "alone time" because I don't think that they could get much of that here in the States. I know that, according to reports, it's a working vacation in that they are working on the evidence needed to get the governor of Arkansas to pardon them. I hope that they get a little down time, too.

Yes, it is truly amazing. I hope that their time in New Zealand with Sir Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will give them a little "alone time" because I don't think that they could get much of that here in the States. I know that, according to reports, it's a working vacation in that they are working on the evidence needed to get the governor of Arkansas to pardon them. I hope that they get a little down time, too.
I read an article (link upthread, I think) that seemed to contradict that Damien got a small part in SPJ's new movie. It said that he would need a working visa and that he hadn't gotten one, or might not be able to get one.

I think it would be beyond awesome for Damien to get a part in a movie...even to do some writing for it...he's a phenomenal writer. Perhaps he will get into screenwriting someday. His future now has SO much potential...it is much like he walked out of Hell into Heaven. IMO, a good analogy. :)

I read an article (link upthread, I think) that seemed to contradict that Damien got a small part in SPJ's new movie. It said that he would need a working visa and that he hadn't gotten one, or might not be able to get one.

I think it would be beyond awesome for Damien to get a part in a movie...even to do some writing for it...he's a phenomenal writer. Perhaps he will get into screenwriting someday. His future now has SO much potential...it is much like he walked out of Hell into Heaven. IMO, a good analogy. :)

All the nons can breathe easier because they can now go to see The Hobbit. Damien will not appear in it. The article that I saw said that he and Sir Peter Jackson are working on getting Damien's pardon.

Hmmm, yeah. I'm involved with the WM3 community and can tell you that certain statements previously posted in this thread regarding Damien's relationships are way off base and not in tune with reality...they're just wild speculation.

Hmmm, yeah. I'm involved with the WM3 community and can tell you that certain statements previously posted in this thread regarding Damien's relationships are way off base and not in tune with reality...they're just wild speculation.

The problem with all this "information" is that it is becoming hurtful to certain people. Please respect the privacy of these people. Simply put, some of these "relationships" that people want to know about are none of our business. "Personal relationships" should remain personal - and private.

The problem with all this "information" is that it is becoming hurtful to certain people. Please respect the privacy of these people. Simply put, some of these "relationships" that people want to know about are none of our business. "Personal relationships" should remain personal - and private.

No one respects the privacy of the victim's families.

I hate to burst the bubble about the pardon, but the current governor has NO intentions of pardoning Echols, Baldwin, or Misskelley. He's on the record saying that. It's not going to happen, not until the real killer or killers are found.

I hate to burst the bubble about the pardon, but the current governor has NO intentions of pardoning Echols, Baldwin, or Misskelley. He's on the record saying that. It's not going to happen, not until the real killer or killers are found.

I am confident that, when all the information the defense team has is prepared and presented to Scott Ellington, the case will be reopened. That will begin by vacating the verdicts of Damien, Jason and Jessie. Then, the case will be reopened and (hopefully) properly investigated and the real killer convicted and incarcerated.

I am confident that, when all the information the defense team has is prepared and presented to Scott Ellington, the case will be reopened. That will begin by vacating the verdicts of Damien, Jason and Jessie. Then, the case will be reopened and (hopefully) properly investigated and the real killer convicted and incarcerated.

Right, but Governor Beebe is on the record saying that he WILL NOT pardon the WMFree, until someone else is convicted.

Right, but Governor Beebe is on the record saying that he WILL NOT pardon the WMFree, until someone else is convicted.

Beebe won't need to pardon them when someone else is convicted because the verdicts against the WMFree will have to be vacated before another trial can occur.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back