Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have removed the mask at some point. And Jacob at some point had the opportunity to run. I just think it's one possible scenario, Idk. JMO

This was my conclusion right after we were introduced to DH. I felt that it was quick, that it was very local and that Jacob died from gunshot wounds. I think J.E.W. flipped the script on DH and it got out of control, but that is my conjecture for now.

He could have removed the mask at some point. And Jacob at some point had the opportunity to run. I just think it's one possible scenario, Idk. JMO

I think the suspect wanted a live child. Morgan Harrington was driven many miles from where she was abducted, and it seemed that she was killed at that location. She was near the fence of a rural property in Albemarle County, Virginia.

Is it possible that Jacob was killed at the location where his body was found? It's probably easier if the suspect forces the victim to walk to the final location of the body.

Could DH possibly have helped out on the farm? What was his occupation back then?

He was mostly a drifter from one job to the next. But having done some part-time work on a farm seems reasonable, but I haven't heard that.

I don't post very often, mostly lurk. But having spent my first 32 years as a Minnesotan and being only a few years older than Jacob, also growing up in small town Minnesota this case is close to my heart and I though I could clear some things up. For all those wondering about the farming connection (lots of different farms involved in the cases), this is not unexpected. This area is farm country. Your only two options are town or farm. The only remote areas in this area are "on a farm". The fact that the abductions and burial happened on a farm probably has more to do with the fact that it would be much more likely to be seen in town than some strange obsessions or connection with farms. No joke, pretty much all the land not in town is someone's farm. And as to why the owner wouldn't notice? Farms stretch over miles and nighttime is black, no visibility. It would be very easy to go unnoticed. I'm very glad this case has a resolution but so very sad it ended like this. This case has haunted Minnesota for decades. My mother-in-law still has her Jacob's Hope pin displayed in her house. We all feel like we know Patty Wetterling, she has been such an advocate for Minnesotas children. At least now they can bring him home.

This was my conclusion right after we were introduced to DH. I felt that it was quick, that it was very local and that Jacob died from gunshot wounds. I think J.E.W. flipped the script on DH and it got out of control, but that is my conjecture for now.

I don't think an 11 year old boy was able to escape the clutches of a man with a plan. I don't think he had a chance, especially if a gun was involved. A child from a good family in that situation - wouldn't a child cooperate until the end?

I'm not expert on this, but I believe it takes a full 4 seasons for a freshly turned fill to 'disappear'. So, yea, you'd think the owner would have noticed something.

Perhaps no one here digs, but I do. Unless,the soil is sand, it is difficult to dig. Roots and stones. Rocks of who know what size. On farms you see piles of rocks that farmers have dug out. It takes time.

Disturbed earth also has weeds. The seeds come up so I would think that the disturbed soil would have different vegetation.

A good back hoe operator can feel with the bucket if soil has been disturbed.

I used to have a few acres of wooded land. I have not walked lots of the land so it is no surprise a farmer does not walk on their many acres. But how did he do his nightmare business with no one noticing?

I imagine most farms have dogs so if he dug at night, i think a dog would go wild. And who can see in the dark especially that night which was said to be totally dark.

The farm near where his remains were located is currently a family run business (selling organic beef and whatnot.) So I'm sure the owners don't want this new information to harm their livelihood. Completely understandable to me. I am sure they are very shaken up by the discovery.

I just wonder who was living on this farm 27 years ago.

So how was he able to spend the incredible time of digging where there are roots with no one noticing? And how did he get back there?

If he just buried them in a field they'd likely be discovered in a matter of days the next time the farmer was out in his fields, so that part is easy to explain.

That particular spot doesn't make sense being so close to the farmstead. Even though farmers don't have any reason to go walk around their woods, it was late October so the trees had lost their leaves, and most farms have a dog that would bark. Unless he knew something about that particular farm.

And as far as the grave site not being noticed, these farms are huge! Farmers don't walk the land, they plow the farmable area. The windbreak goes untouched, they would have no reason to notice that area.

Exactly. It looks like a huge wooded area to me.

I don't think an 11 year old boy was able to escape the clutches of a man with a plan. I don't think he had a chance, especially if a gun was involved. A child from a good family in that situation - wouldn't a child cooperate until the end?
For the first 15 minutes, yes, he would be terrified. But I can imagine after 30 minutes or so that a flight response might happen. If DH was not expecting this, and with his lack of impulse control and the bad decision to bring a gun, I can easily see him just shooting out of panic. He can't let him get away. And yes, he might be able to overpower him, but I'm not sure he could catch him.

If he just buried them in a field they'd likely be discovered in a matter of days the next time the farmer was out in his fields, so that part is easy to explain.

That particular spot doesn't make sense being so close to the farmstead. Even though farmers don't have any reason to go walk around their woods, it was late October so the trees had lost their leaves, and most farms have a dog that would bark. Unless he knew something about that particular farm.

That's what I'm wondering: did he know the people who lived at the farm in 1989 and did he know that they would be away around the time that Jacob was buried?

Was Heinrich's mother away at the time? How long was Jacob kept before he was buried in a farmer's field?

For the first 15 minutes, yes, he would be terrified. But I can imagine after 30 minutes or so that a flight response might happen. If DH was not expecting this, and with his lack of impulse control and the bad decision to bring a gun, I can easily see him just shooting out of panic. He can't let him get away. And yes, he might be able to overpower him, but I'm not sure he could catch him.

I'm sure that the suspect was well aware of how a young boy would react to being attacked. The suspect had done the same thing 9-10 months earlier. He would have been more practiced at ensuring that his victim could not escape when he abducted Jacob.

How did he get his little blue coupe back there?

Image of the same site from 1991:

attachment.php

Update: notice there are fewer trees

Definitely answers the question if there were buildings nearby. Definitely less trees too. Thank you for the photo!

Heard the news early Saturday morning while at the family cabin in the Richmond area. So many emotions and reflection of life that has transpired since the day Jacob was taken. I can only imagine that time has stood still, yet has not for the Wetterling family. May they find peace.

As far as going unnoticed... This area is sparsely populated, sometimes miles between houses. You can park out on a road for hours and not see a single car. As teens we went out to the country (aka farmland) to do all of our shenanigans and we weren't even trying to be quiet or fly under the radar. It's not hard. If someone did notice they certainly wouldn't think someone was burying a body, just kids being kids. No one would pay attention.

That's what I'm wondering: did he know the people who lived at the farm in 1989 and did he know that they would be away around the time that Jacob was buried?

Was Heinrich's mother away at the time? How long was Jacob kept before he was buried in a farmer's field?

More details will be coming out soon. One clue will be whether Jacob was buried with his belongings. First reports hinted they were not, which would be bad news. They seem to suggest that his clothes were buried in a different spot. DH moved out of his mother's house a few weeks after the abduction. If he was buried with all his belongings, it hints (to me) that it was very quick. Blood on the clothes can indicate that he was clothed at the time of death in those clothes, and that he suffered a serious injury. So, lots of detail could come out shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow