Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Kevin" is known only to law enforcement. We don't even know if he existed. LE said that "Kevin" and a "girl" drove down DR's driveway just before the abduction. The implication was that it was "Kevin" that had left tire tracks in DR's driveway, thus explaining the fresh tracks there. Ergo, no car was used in the abduction because no tracks were found. This, of course, was preposterous considering the fact that the tracks found in the driveway were a gross mismatch for the car "Kevin" and "friend" were in, or any car owned by DR. The fresh tracks left there were clearly a "foreign" car track that had to be explained. It matched the tracks of DH's car.

Correction: I said just before, it might have been just after the abduction that "Kevin" supposedly drove down DR's driveway.

I have spoken with Kevin, he is blown away that his car "explained" the tire tracks, as am I.

I have spoken with Kevin, he is blown away that his car "explained" the tire tracks, as am I.

And that is why I was always skeptical of claims made by LE without evidence (that Kevin existed). It is hard to understand how they could have made this mistake. Now that I know he existed, I wonder what LE was up to in suggesting the narrow tracks of a Ford EXP were "explained" by a Grand Prix?

And that is why I was always skeptical of claims made by LE without evidence (that Kevin existed). It is hard to understand how they could have made this mistake. Now that I know he existed, I wonder what LE was up to in suggesting the narrow tracks of a Ford EXP were "explained" by a Grand Prix?

The Grand Prix was the last car. That would be obvious. When the EXP came down the road would be pretty impossible to tell, I feel. Could it be identified as the tire tracks right before the Grand Prix?

"Kevin" is known only to law enforcement. We don't even know if he existed. LE said that "Kevin" and a "girl" drove down DR's driveway just before the abduction. The implication was that it was "Kevin" that had left tire tracks in DR's driveway, thus explaining the fresh tracks there. Ergo, no car was used in the abduction because no tracks were found. This, of course, was preposterous considering the fact that the tracks found in the driveway were a gross mismatch for the car "Kevin" and "friend" were in, or any car owned by DR. The fresh tracks left there were clearly a "foreign" car track that had to be explained. It matched the tracks of DH's car.

Correction: I said just before, it might have been just after the abduction that "Kevin" supposedly drove down DR's driveway.

Supposedly he and his friend heard something on the police scanner about a possible abduction and went to check it out. It would have been before police arrived to DR's driveway area it seems.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/09/10/wetterling-wrongly-suspected-man-justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, and to IBsleuthin's point, I was looking at it from the perspective of the perp. The perp, it would seem, would not be comfortable discharging a firearm near houses regardless of how 'normal' it might be to hear those sounds. I would think a perp would want at least some distance between himself and a witness so that it would be difficult for a witness to say where it came from. Given what we've found now, I think there was enough distance from the murder scene and the nearest residence (the farmhouse across the street) that no one at that farm could really say where the shot came from, even if they made a connection to the abduction. Given that it was a handgun, anything much more than 100 yards makes it really hard to figure out where it came from.

Not being familiar with the assault/murder sight...can anyone comment on just how desolate or remote this area was in 1989? How close the nearest home may have been? From the maps it looks as though the assault/murder sight could be seen from the roadway...is this accurate? Would it be likely or feasible that a motorist would travel down this roadway at that time period of night (approximating that the assault took place somewhere around 10 PM).

I had it in my mind as the chamber he was shooting first was empty, which is why nothing happened when he pulled the trigger the first time. There would be 2 loaded and 4 empty chambers, and he probably didn't line it up right before closing it, maybe due to lack of revolver experience or because he was so scared. That's more likely than an actual misfire or malfunction with that revolver. Of course even a malfunction can often fix itself with another trigger pull with this gun.

I had it in my mind as the chamber he was shooting first was empty, which is why nothing happened when he pulled the trigger the first time. There would be 2 loaded and 4 empty chambers, and he probably didn't line it up right before closing it, maybe due to lack of revolver experience or because he was so scared. That's more likely than an actual misfire or malfunction with that revolver. Of course even a malfunction can often fix itself with another trigger pull with this gun.

He was in the Guard. Don't they get a lot of weapons training?

I wouldn't think they'd use revolvers, but I could be wrong.

The Grand Prix was the last car. That would be obvious. When the EXP came down the road would be pretty impossible to tell, I feel. Could it be identified as the tire tracks right before the Grand Prix?

My own take on this when we analyzed all this before was that the Grand Prix had driven down the packed portion of the drive, as most people would. What left DH's tracks there for us to see at all was that he pulled over to the right side of the drive where some softer soil was. Same for the footprints. If you look closely at the images of the road you can see that both the tire prints and footprints were not on the packed portion tires normally would run over if running down the center of the drive.

My suspicion now is that the reason why LE reasoned this was confirmation bias caused by a desire to implicate DR. No car points strongly to DR, despite the insanity of doing this in your own driveway.

Good explanation, but I still don't believe he "looked away" when he fired. I think he missed with the second shot and I'm still not sure why.

I think the hardest thing to understand is the Why?
Even after having all the answers we will ever gather probably, that question will always remain. That is the thorn in everyone's side. How to prevent this from happening to another child. If we could even get the monster's version of Why it still wouldn't be enough.
This sums it up for me and always has. [video=youtube;iZx1W6cHw-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZx1W6cHw-g[/video]

I think the hardest thing to understand is the Why?
Even after having all the answers we will ever gather probably, that question will always remain. That is the thorn in everyone's side. How to prevent this from happening to another child. If we could even get the monster's version of Why it still wouldn't be enough.
This sums it up for me and always has. [video=youtube;iZx1W6cHw-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZx1W6cHw-g[/video]

Someone here said something earlier both shockingly simple and brilliant. Maybe he didn't have the gas money to take Jacob anywhere. That, combined with all the heat on him, might have made him feel it was too risky to leave that field in his car with Jacob in it.

Someone here said something earlier both shockingly simple and brilliant. Maybe he didn't have the gas money to take Jacob anywhere. That, combined with all the heat on him, might have made him feel it was too risky to leave that field in his car with Jacob in it.

wow. YES. That would make sense! Especially after a cop had already passed. He probably wanted out of this situation quick until things cooled off and he could return. We are after all, left to take the monster's word for what happened. He may have not returned for a few days. We will never know, Hell I even wonder if the first site ever existed. We will only know HIS truth. As long as Jacob was found is all that mattered to his parents anyway and I don't blame them. No matter how it happened or where it happened ... it happened. Heartbreaking. Maybe it is a good thing that they never find out. They've lived a parents worst nightmare since the day he went missing with grace and dignity. They are amazingly strong. Jacob's legacy will live on and continue to touch lives and help others. He did more in his short life than most of us will do in a lifetime as well as his parents. They are to be applauded for their continued search for their son and they never lost faith and hope. Jacob is home and safe. The monster is behind bars where he belongs. Let's work together to keep him there now!

Did they find the skull yet? Sorry for asking the question but I think it has to be asked.
Just clothing will not do it for me.
They said something about an orthodonist.......teeth were found then? one? two?
gun wound in skull would help to check to see if this guy is telling the truth.
It seems like one shot missed and another one misfired. So he shot three times but only one bullet killed Jacob.
Can anybody help?

I didn't want to ask about the scull either but one has to wonder why it wasn't mentioned. It would definitely help verify his story about shooting him in the head but if they don't have it, we can't even believe that.

I didn't want to ask about the scull either but one has to wonder why it wasn't mentioned. It would definitely help verify his story about shooting him in the head but if they don't have it, we can't even believe that.

Sounded like it if they got an ID by odontologist.

Sounded like it if they got an ID by odontologist.

They said they found teeth. Why not say they found the scull and an odontologist made positive identification from the teeth.

They said they found teeth. Why not say they found the scull and an odontologist made positive identification from the teeth.

Is it possible to ID by teeth only?

This is of great concern to me as teeth do not usually separate from the skull, When you see pics of skulls found from hundreds of years ago, the teeth are there

Is it possible to ID by teeth only?

I would think so. His dentist had x-rays of his teeth so it would be a matter of examining the teeth they found and comparing them to the x-ray.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back