Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With all due respect I was not questioning the Wetterling's decision. I don't see how you came to that conclusion from my post. I referred to DH in rather base terms, and was drawing the distinction that the Wetterling's, Patty Wetterling in particular, takes the high road...I am not that graceful.

Fair enough. I don't know my reply was to you or not. If it was, I'm sorry if I seemed rude.

Nice to meet you. :)

Police look for tire types when they have tire prints, but similar to shoe print evidence, it is impossible to state that a tire print belongs to a specific tire. In 1990, per the search warrant, police knew that the shoe print and the tire track were similar to, or consistent with, the shoes and tires belonging to Heinrich. That alone is not sufficient to file charges, or to conclude that Heinrich alone owned that type of tire and shoe.

Well I completely disagree. It has already been stated previously that if a shoe or a tire is missing a piece of tread or worn in a certain area, that shoe or tire can be declared a perfect match

My point earlier and I'll say it again, what are the ODDS that a man who the police have been looking at, as a person who has an interest in young boys, would ALSO have the SAME shoes and TIRES, (two completely independent pieces of evidence) that are 'consistent with' two separate tracks that were left at the fresh crime scene where a young boy was abducted.

Not talking even a bank robbery here, but a young boy was abducted. I don't think I'm the only person thinking that maybe someone dropped the ball on that one.

But they weren't similar or consistent with his shoes and tires. They were exact---because it was HIM. As far as pattern of wear on the shoes, it would have been the same. For example, if they found there was wear on the outside of the left heel, a year later there may be more wear to the outside of the left heel but the pattern wouldn't change to wear on the inside of the right heel. The pattern would be the same---just more pronounced.

I've heard experts on Forensic Files discussing that shoe prints with wear patterns and nicks, etc can be as identifiable as finger prints.

The shoe, the tire, the show, the tire??

We know it was Heinrich!

We know his shoe, and his car.

What else?

Is this something new?

A COLD CASE solved in real time

and all us "detectives" ...

im new, im sorry....a bloger helped finish this case so...

You're looking at as a layman. A prosecutor needs to look at it as making a murder care.

BIG DIFFERENCE!!

I know you can't, but ASK THE WETTERLINGS!

They'll tell you why!

Sorry to point this out to you but you don't know anything about Rocco. You don't know if he's a 'layman' or not. You don't know if I'm a 'layman' or not. I believe they had enough with the tire tracks and the shoe prints to get a search warrant given his previous interactions with the law. They use less than that when they are looking for pot at someone's house.

In The Dark Podcast 2: Two boys had seen and both stated they could ID the perp (in separate interviews) that had watched and tried to grab one of them. Both victim reports to LE showed that the car and perp ID were the same. One of the boys resembled and lived in the same neighborhood as Jacob and the incident with him happened prior to Jacob's kidnapping. The car they described fit the description of the one that DH had abducted Jacob in.

BBM

The two children who were told to run to the trees did not see a vehicle, so no one knew what car was used to abduct Jacob.

It's impossible that anyone described a car that fit the description of the car used to abduct Jacob.

Fair enough. I don't know my reply was to you or not. If it was, I'm sorry if I seemed rude.

Nice to meet you. :)

There had just been so much negative talk about people questioning the Wetterling's decision to sign off on the plea, I did not want anyone to think that was my intent. You were not rude...I'm from NJ, lol, I'm an expert on rude!!! Nice to meet you too!

(I love the internet)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/probable_cause

There's something on probable cause.

If the shoe prints and the tire tracks weren't enough to get a search warrant for probable cause then I submit the following thought;

Law enforcement obtained AND EXECUTED a search warrant (more than one actually IIRC) on none other than an innocent man living at the end of the road, the site where Jacob was kidnapped. Based on this alone I will suggest that LE could have and should have obtained a search warrant on the basis of probable cause as it pertains to one DH.

(They had enough on him to think it was him and go question him at the time, that alone is? Probable cause).

BBM

The two children who were told to run to the trees did not see a vehicle, so no one knew what car was used to abduct Jacob.

It's impossible that anyone described a car that fit the description of the car used to abduct Jacob.

Don't think ROH was talking about the boys who were told to run.

BBM

The two boys mentioned in the MPR second podcast were neighbors of JW and had been stalked/harassed prior to JW's abduction. They both saw the man and the vehicle. It was reported to the police. Years later one of the boys managed to get a copy of both reports and he saw the details described were identical on each report. He spent years thinking that LE had not followed up because their descriptions of the person and the car hadn't matched. DH and his vehicle would have been a match.

Sorry to point this out to you but you don't know anything about Rocco. You don't know if he's a 'layman' or not. You don't know if I'm a 'layman' or not. I believe they had enough with the tire tracks and the shoe prints to get a search warrant given his previous interactions with the law. They use less than that when they are looking for pot at someone's house.

I need to stop you at "Rocco"? Who and what or that is Rocco?

Awwww.......our Minnesota Twins will be wearing patches reading "11 Jacob" at tomorrow's game.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/09/08/minnesota-twins-jacob-wetterling-patch/

This is so awesome. I've been teary eyed for a while, and I hate to say that I've become a little hardened and don't cry much anymore. I surprised myself when I literally started bawling when I was telling my husband about Jacob a few hours ago. Now I still can't seem to stop crying. I can't stop thinking about sweet Jacob and what he went through. And how anyone could do anything like that to him.
His words, "what did I do wrong" will stay with me forever. :tears: This Heinrich, he's not human, he's a Beast, and prison is much too good for him.

What are the odds, Otto? That someone else might have the same tire track AND the same shoe print as DH?

ETA: and was a POI

It doesn't really matter. Regarding evidence that is used to convict someone of criminal activity, having the same make/size of shoe and same make/size of tire as that of a crime scene is not enough. That evidence is a good beginning, but without additional evidence that a crime was committed, police cannot bring charges.

Person of interest is also irrelevant. Heinrich was not the only person of interest in the disappearance of Jacob.

The two boys mentioned in the MPR second podcast were neighbors of JW and had been stalked/harassed prior to JW's abduction. They both saw the man and the vehicle. It was reported to the police. Years later one of the boys managed to get a copy of both reports and he saw the details described were identical on each report. He spent years thinking that LE had not followed up because their descriptions of the person and the car hadn't matched. DH and his vehicle would have been a match.

I've listened to the same podcast!

The interviews of (or lack there of) the neighbors at the time is shocking. I'm not defending anyone.

Im not in a position to ***** about anything. Others have that privilege if they want. I'm not one of them.

It doesn't really matter. Regarding evidence that is used to convict someone of criminal activity, having the same make/size of shoe and same make/size of tire as that of a crime scene is not enough. That evidence is a good beginning, but without additional evidence that a crime was committed, police cannot bring charges.

Person of interest is also irrelevant. Heinrich was not the only person of interest in the disappearance of Jacob.

Present you evidence on a specific case.

This is where thing get weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back