Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Come on folks .... EVEN IF it could be proved that DH's car was on Rassier's driveway ... so what .... it just means he and his car were there. He could simply say he pulled in for a bathroom break , turned around and drove away

Same thing if you or I pulled onto that driveway , stopped to stretch our legs , turned around and drove away .... Should we be charged with murder ?? ... Of course not.

Besides that there was no known murder until last Tuesday. Until last Tuesday kidnapping could not even be proved. A defense could speculate that the stranger on the road sent the third boy running to the woods like he did with the first two boys .

Nobody can even say Jacob was placed in a car ... none of the boys reported seeing a car .... heck , at one point even the police felt there was no car so they went after Mr Rassier because he owned the driveway.

Maybe It's a good thing police did not charge DH with kidnapping and murder based only on the tire and shoe prints ...... a jury would have found him not guilty and he truly would have gotten away with murder. He could never be re-charged again after a jury acquittal.

As it is , he only got away with murder for 27 years.

If he was convicted, he would have receieved 17 years and served 2/3 of that probably. There was no Moose Lake then was there? He would be out as he was but for less than the 27 years though

imagepng

This is a really good thought. Moreover, at the crime lab, does anybody know if this determination was verified by a second or third set of eyes? In other words, can two crime lab techs disagree on the same set of images? If so, is there a tie-breaker? My best guess is that this work is highly subjective and dependent on the examiner. Maybe Joe is an "undercaller", and Jane is an "over caller."

My apologies, but this last reply was directed at the recent post where it was posited that local LE did not understand the import of the terminology in the crime lab's shoe print assessment, i.e. "Consistent with."

Yes, that seems to be the basis of the actual charge. I wonder if this picture was _purchased_ online from someone, and all the others were not. It speaks to FBI involvement and interstate commerce.

It may have been purchased online. I would think that they also had information about the seller/provider of the material that if needed they could disclose how the material was disseminated. With the other pictures (other than the morphed pictures), they may still be pursuing these people and wanted to keep any connection private. The world of prosecution of internet child *advertiser censored* is intricate and takes lots of time to find the people providing material.

It may also be related to terms that the legal team for the monster stipulated---what images he would plead to, how many counts etc. From the press conference I got the sense that getting this confession was a delicate balance of power with a fair amount of the LEO recognizing that giving the monster a sense of power was going to get this result. Unlike serial killers/rapists who want credit for their deeds, this monster held this secret for years and only called himself a "dirty, old man" when the knock came to his door. He is definitely one for the investigators to study.

http://www.fox9.com/news/203580494-story

"Details on the Dig that Found Jacob Wetterling"

(in the article)

The animals bones found with the jacket smacks of him messing with burial place. Maybe he separated the two so that if the jacket was found (without his help) no bones from Jacob would be there. It is probably not worth discussing or expending brain cells on ...but, why bury the jacket near the top of the burial site if erosion will continue to expose it? Unless he got thrills from going back to the place and seeing the evidence of what he did. I am trying to wrap my head around his thinking and decision making.

The animals bones found with the jacket smacks of him messing with burial place. Maybe he separated the two so that if the jacket was found (without his help) no bones from Jacob would be there. It is probably not worth discussing or expending brain cells on ...but, why bury the jacket near the top of the burial site if erosion will continue to expose it? Unless he got thrills from going back to the place and seeing the evidence of what he did. I am trying to wrap my head around his thinking and decision making.

I think the animal dug up the coat, dragged it a little ways away, and died in it because it was cold and sick.

"In that general vicinity, a fairly quick and detailed scan of the area revealed one piece of what appeared to be Jacob's red jacket barely poking through the surface.
Bones were found under the fabric. Those bones ended up being non-human." http://www.fox9.com/news/203580494-story

It was a fabric piece, not the whole jacket but I don't think an animal would be under the surface if it had died with fabric on it. Clearly the soil was eroding and the site was not sinking because of air or decomposition. I keep thinking that he went back to this site on occasion and looked at his work.

Is it possible that Jacob thought that the monster was an undercover cop with a gun and that's why he asked "what did I do wrong"? I am thinking that a child, having
watched movies and tv, thinking that someone with a gun and handcuffs might be an undercover cop? Who knows what a person would be thinking as I
believed up to that point everything must have seemed like it was in fast motion. Possibly.

That is, before Jacob realized he was with a monster. Just a thought.

Is it possible that Jacob thought that the monster was an undercover cop with a gun and that's why he asked "what did I do wrong"? I am thinking that a child, having
watched movies and tv, thinking that someone with a gun and handcuffs might be an undercover cop? Who knows what a person would be thinking as I
believed up to that point everything must have seemed like it was in fast motion. Possibly.

That same question crossed my mind....

In the MPR podcast, the teen neighbor had said the boys had called and asked her to rent a rated R movie by calling in to the video store. She had declined and they rented another movie. I wonder if they thought the stop by the monster was connected which is why they offered the video and Jacob asked the question after he was abducted and heard the scanner.

Poor innocent child.

I am wondering if the monster brought an animal carcass with him to the first site to specifically bury it on top of the original site or to move it and bury the animal bones with the jacket separate from Jacob's remains. I do not think he waited a year to visit the first site. I think this sicko visited the site often and new it was becoming eroded and needed to be moved. If he was a hunter it would have been easy to use some bones from a kill or even roadkill or as it is known many serial killers abuse and kill animals. I do think it was purposeful that the jacket was found with animal bones. He probably got a sick pleasure out of messing with LE in that regard. Honestly we will probably never know how many times he moved the remains or the full truth of the whole crime. At least Jacob was found and is buried properly and the family has him back. That seemed the most important thing for the family and that's what counts. Bless them for they were very courageous and my prayers continue for them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I'm sure even an 11 year old wouldn't expect an undercover cop to be wearing a black mask over his face. More likely Jacob couldn't fathom why anyone would be doing something like this unless he had done something to anger him. He was searching for a way to appease the abductor--exerting what little control he had over the situation.

As an aside, I wonder if Heinrich had a web presence at all. He had a computer and got images off the web, but did he participate in any forums, underground or otherwise? It may be impossible to find out but I suspect that abductors and pedophiles anonymously brag about their exploits on some dark corner of the internet.

Maybe, but I'm sure even an 11 year old wouldn't expect an undercover cop to be wearing a black mask over his face. More likely Jacob couldn't fathom why anyone would be doing something like this unless he had done something to anger him. He was searching for a way to appease the abductor--exerting what little control he had over the situation.

As an aside, I wonder if Heinrich had a web presence at all. He had a computer and got images off the web, but did he participate in any forums, underground or otherwise? It may be impossible to find out but I suspect that abductors and pedophiles anonymously brag about their exploits on some dark corner of the internet.

I recall looking at the url information listed in the indictment after the search of DH's home and seeing over and over again that *advertiser censored* was obtained through MSN communities. It stuck out to me because back around 2000-2002 I used to go to MSN's communities and had one of my own and the dates of most the print outs was from 2000-2001 if I recall correctly. I remember feeling chilled that he was in those communities at the same time I was, although, obviously we were looking at different things.

ETA: MSN long ago closed it down.

Disturbing questions alert.

1. We have not heard about his underwear. We know he kept Jared's as well as the pants. Where is his trophy room?

2. Maybe it is simply reporting. They talk about his teeth. Were they separate from the skull? If so, that brings up a ehole new nightmare. Teeth do not leave the skull

"Another warrant, obtained to search the Paynesville farm where Jacob's remains were found, indicates that an unnamed "source of information," who had access to Heinrich since he was taken into federal custody last year on child *advertiser censored* charges, told investigators that Heinrich had confessed to killing Jacob. That information was the catalyst for plea negotiations that led to the recovery of Jacob's remains. That "source of information" was not identified in the search warrants."

From SC times article ... so DH told someone since being in jail he did it.

I think you have to read about this case and Kevin in . 2004

Thank you for this, I'm going to look it up when I have a chance. I didn't follow this case for many years and I did keep seeing this name, 'Kevin' come up but didn't take the time to go read about it.

Time for Transparency

Forget about prematurish podcasts that leave you in the dark. Forget about amateurish regurgitated writings from faded old newspapers.

Will the public now demand full access, pursuant to the Minnesota Data Practices Act, to law enforcement investigative records pertaining to the 26+ year investigation of the Jacob Erwin Wetterling abduction?

Will the news media in Minnesota demand to inspect those files?

Will bloggers and armchair helper wannabes now investigate the Jacob Wetterling investigators?

Will law enforcement provide transparency to Minnesota taxpayers, or will law enforcement try to hide behind the law?

What will YOU do?

Questions about the MN Government Data Practices Act can be addressed to:

MN Dept. of Administration
Information Policy Analysis Division (IPAD)
Phone (651) 296-6733 or (800) 657-3721
Email info.ipad@state.mn.us

Prov. 11:14

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member