Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you see the historic pic of that "gravel pit" in 1991? I looked like it's mostly under water.

It looks like it floods a lot.

Yea, I had trouble telling what was trees and water. The images I have are poor quality.

Yea, I had trouble telling what was trees and water. The images I have are poor quality.

I only think so because of how the obviously under water places look.

I thing even the trees were under water in 1991 when that ariel pic was taken. It was April 1991. Spring is a wet month here (in MN).

Plus, look at that road on Google Earth. It's VERY low lying.

As investigators dug, Jerry and Patty Wetterling watched for a short time from afar.
Conditions weren’t ideal. Cows tried to chase off investigators. And the flood-prone creek that ran through the pasture made sifting through the soil more difficult.
“It took hours — hours — to find the spot first and then hours to continually excavate,” Bechtold said.
Though Heinrich said he had buried the boy in a shallow grave about 2 feet deep, and had placed Jacob’s jacket on top of the remains, the evidence authorities found was scattered across at least 10 square feet, Bechtold said, a sign of erosion and moving soil from frost heaves and flooding.

http://www.startribune.com/finding-jacob-the-final-push/393005001/

I think so, but the only other "anomaly" remaining is how to explain what Ottojr said ... and how he fired a gun so close to a house. It does seem that 33 must be the sewage pond road as it runs directly to them. But what looks right about the position you provided is how close it is to the farm. Shew, not sure.

Honestly, looking back on how things were back in 1989, a couple of gun shots would be an issue.

I don't hunt but, I have friends that do, and isn't fall deer hunting season?

In addition to the joint agreement signed by the Wetterlings and everyone else on 8/30/16…

“Proffer Agreement” pursuant to plea agreement –to DH from US DOJ – signed by DH and his attorneys 9/1/16
http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/1wett070916.doc.pdf

Final Plea Agreement 9/6/16 - signed by DH, his attorneys, US attorneys
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3099001-Danny-Heinrich-Plea-Agreement.html

There should be a 4th agreement somewhere.

Unless I missed something, these agreements appear to only apply to federal prosecutions. Is there something that says the State cannot prosecute him?

I think so, but the only other "anomaly" remaining is how to explain what Ottojr said ... and how he fired a gun so close to a house. It does seem that 33 must be the sewage pond road as it runs directly to them. But what looks right about the position you provided is how close it is to the farm. Shew, not sure.

That is not a house. It's a garage. The other buildings (maybe even that garage) were not there in 10/22/1989. Granite Creations (nearest building to the East) was also not there.

Both 33 and the little unpaved road could be the "sewage pond road", IMO. They both lead back to those sewage treatment ponds on the other side of what is now the bypass. The "approach" could come from either road, leading to the general area of the spots that FBI Surveillance Van suggests.

attachment.php

4/1991

Attachments

• app.jpg
    app.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 198
Or ...

best_Fit_Layout_2016_007_Reduced.jpg

The only difference here is that he turns sooner, which is actually closer to his estimate of 100 yards before he turned onto the approach.

Edit: well, actually, you proposed that also. I think this is it.

Unless I missed something, these agreements appear to only apply to federal prosecutions. Is there something that says the State cannot prosecute him?
Yes. The Stearns County Prosecutor signed off on the agreement and represented the State of Minnesota. The state was a party to the deal and is bound by it.

House or garage? Looks like a garage to me.

best_Fit_Layout_2016_008_Reduced.jpg

Not even sure it was there in 1989. It was there in 1991 though.

As investigators dug, Jerry and Patty Wetterling watched for a short time from afar.
Conditions weren’t ideal. Cows tried to chase off investigators. And the flood-prone creek that ran through the pasture made sifting through the soil more difficult.
“It took hours — hours — to find the spot first and then hours to continually excavate,” Bechtold said.
Though Heinrich said he had buried the boy in a shallow grave about 2 feet deep, and had placed Jacob’s jacket on top of the remains, the evidence authorities found was scattered across at least 10 square feet, Bechtold said, a sign of erosion and moving soil from frost heaves and flooding.

http://www.startribune.com/finding-jacob-the-final-push/393005001/

Like I said. And there was 25 years of that.

Weird looking place for sure.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• j3.jpg
    j3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 175
  • j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 176
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 173
Honestly, looking back on how things were back in 1989, a couple of gun shots would be an issue.

I don't hunt but, I have friends that do, and isn't fall deer hunting season?

Most (competent) hunters shoot to site in before gun deer season. There's also a shooting range only about 1mile to the north - just west of 33. The ringing of shots there was not a big deal. At night.....farmers shoot coyotes,foxes, racoons too. I would bet that a large bomb could have been exploded in the gravel pit without drawing too much if any attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990
Back