Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or ...

View attachment 101121

The only difference here is that he turns sooner, which is actually closer to his estimate of 100 yards before he turned onto the approach.

Edit: well, actually, you proposed that also. I think this is it.

Coming in from HWY33 is wrong.

1) It's not the "sewage pond road" circa 1989, or now. The other road was.
2) The distance to the "approach" would be > 500ft. and not "about 100 yards" as stated.
3) requires WAY more offroad driving (risking getting stuck) to get to the same spot that makes any sense with -- the later drag 100 yards north of THAT spot.

Most (competent) hunters shoot to site in before gun deer season. There's also a shooting range only about 1mile to the north - just west of 33. The ringing of shots there was not a big deal. At night.....farmers shoot coyotes,foxes, racoons too. I would bet that a large bomb could have been exploded in the gravel pit without drawing too much if any attention.

I agree. A couple of gun shots in that area wouldn't arise any suspicion. The closest homstead WAS the property Jacob's remains were found on. And based on the the Voss's, the didn't live there in 1989. Voss is WAY too young to have lived there in 1989.

THe Voss farm is public knowledge, right?

https://youtu.be/-T1vUCA_AvE

I agree. A couple of gun shots in that area wouldn't arise any suspicion. The closest homstead WAS the property Jacob's remains were found on. And based on the the Voss's, the didn't live there in 1989. Voss is WAY too young to have lived there in 1989.

THe Voss farm is public knowledge, right?

Yes, he did an interview with a local news channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most (competent) hunters shoot to site in before gun deer season. There's also a shooting range only about 1mile to the north - just west of 33. The ringing of shots there was not a big deal. At night.....farmers shoot coyotes,foxes, racoons too. I would bet that a large bomb could have been exploded in the gravel pit without drawing too much if any attention.

My only point is gun shots in late OCT. isn't unusual to hear in the Paynesville area.

Coming in from HWY33 is wrong.

1) It's not the "sewage road" circa 1989, or now. The other road was.
2) The distance to the "approach" would be > 500ft. and not "about 100 yards" as stated.
3) requires WAY more offroad driving (risking getting stuck) to get to the same spot that makes any sense with -- the later drag 100 yards north of THAT spot.

Common sense places CR 33 as "SEWAGE ROAD"

It's the road that ran up RIGHT NEXT to the sewage ponds further up the road.

Heinrich stated in court "100 yards".

Common sense places CR 33 as "SEWAGE ROAD"

It's the road that ran up RIGHT NEXT to the sewage ponds further up the road.

Heinrich stated in court "100 yards".

There IS a THICKER grove of trees and "other stuff" (based in the 1991 ariel) that could or could not be a "gravel pit".

The Paynesville Wastewater Treatment Facility (sewer ponds) is listed at an address on County Rd 33.

Both 33 and the little unpaved road could be the "sewage pond road", IMO. They both lead back to those sewage treatment ponds on the other side of what is now the bypass. The "approach" could come from either road, leading to the general area of the spots that FBI Surveillance Van suggests.

attachment.php

4/1991

Using my navigation maps yesterday I came to the same conclusion as you have ..... and I think the assault-first burial is where you have them marked.

What I found puzzling was the location of the gravel pits given in the court documents ... I came up with the same location where you show it , but (to me) it is too far away .... could also be a typo ... or maybe to DH he considers the pit "near" the assault spot.

Anyway , just wanted to say my map came out just like yours , thanks.

edit to add .... maybe DH memory is a bit foggy after 27 years .... he even had difficulty pointing out the second burial location and they had to do a lot of digging in the general area.

Using my navigation maps yesterday I came to the same conclusion as you have ..... and I think the assault-first burial is where you have them marked.

What I found puzzling was the location of the gravel pits given in the court documents ... I came up with the same location where you show it , but (to me) it is too far away .... could also be a typo ... or maybe to DH he considers the pit "near" the assault spot.

Anyway , just wanted to say my map came out just like yours , thanks.

edit to add .... maybe DH memory is a bit foggy after 27 years .... he even had difficulty pointing out the second burial location and they had to do a lot of digging in the general area.

Agreed, I think it has all come together now. In 1989 that house wasn't there. So when he "reburied" the remains he walked through the woods and crossed the highway. There was considerable distance from any residence when he fired the gun and there was lots of concealment in the foliage. I think the gravel pit was an area just beyond the approach road that wasn't listed on maps. You can see it in the1991 aerials. His reference to 33 as sewage pond road also makes sense as that is the main road that services the sewage ponds. The "approach" road is short, hence the word "approach" and it is almost exactly 100 yards "up" from old 23.

I do wonder if he checked on the first burial site because of the construction activity around that house in 1990? Anyway, starting with DH's testimony and putting it all together now:

MR. SCHLEICHER: All right. After you were finished, you indicated that Mr. Wetterling said something?
THE DEFENDANT: He said, I'm cold. So I said, Okay. You can get dressed, and I got dressed. On the way I said –

[apparently pauses here and changes direction in story – he was going to say to what spot he moved after leaving the grove where the assault had just occurred]

Are you taking me home? I said I can't take you all the way home. There is a lot -- you live a town or so away.

[peculiar, because we will see, when he paused just before this he was likely going to say he was going to his car. Why go to his car if this was premeditated? Where would he take Jacob? Maybe some place where he could drop him off? Possibly. It may be that he really was “spooked”, not so much by the police car, but by the realization of what his impulsiveness had gotten him into: he had created too much attention on himself to drive back to St. Joe or anywhere else for that matter. He would have to kill the boy]

MR. SCHLEICHER: What was his reaction to that?
THE DEFENDANT: He started to cry. I said, Don't
cry.
MR. SCHLEICHER: Now, before this point, sir, had
you noticed any law enforcement in the area?
THE DEFENDANT: Yes. On the way back to the car,

[Here he fills in the blank left by his earlier pause and redirection in his recollection. They were moving from the grove to the car when the police car went by. From this, it apparently went down old 23 toward St. Joe with lights on and siren off. Somewhere between this position and the car Jacob is told he will not be taken home. From this, I do not see that the gravel pit has anything to do with the narrative. I would plot the murder location just beyond the approach road along the tree line of the grove as the most likely location.]

there was a patrol car that came down the road with no siren with its lights, and it headed east on Paynesville. I panicked. I pulled the revolver out of my pocket. It was never loaded until that point. I, I loaded it with two rounds. I told Jacob to turn around, I had to go to the bathroom. He didn't know what I was doing.
MR. SCHLEICHER: You told him that you had to go
to the bathroom?
THE DEFENDANT: I had to go to the bathroom. I asked him to turn around.
MR. SCHLEICHER: Did he do so?
THE DEFENDANT: Yes, he did.
MR. SCHLEICHER: And then what happened?
THE DEFENDANT: I, I, I raised the revolver to his head. I turned my head. It clicked once because it didn't line up, the first chamber. I pulled, pulled the trigger again. It went off. I looked back. He was still standing. He hadn't fallen. I raised the revolver again and shot him again, and that's when he fell to the ground.

best_Fit_Layout_2016_009_Final_Reduced.png

For what it's worth, an interview Jared and his attorney (also the Wetterling's attorney) gave to WCCO tv this past May after Jared sued Heinrich in civil court.

https://youtu.be/MQc7fKLKND8
I am so overwhelmed by how brave Jared was in standing up and fighting back. He wanted answers and he did a very difficult task in bringing back those memories and helping possibly solve so many open cases. For a victim to push for this they have to relive those painfully raw memories and emotions over and over. It takes guts and a beautiful soul to do that. Reading an earlier story of when he went to visit the site where Jacob was found to find closure, it probably hurt terribly to see that place. Survivors do have guilt. And it is profound.

In that moment , I pictured little Jacob walking through the pasture and grabbing Jared's hand and thanking him for seeking justice. He helped bring Jacob home. For a moment I'm sure in some way an 11 yr old boy and a 12 yr old boy shared a moment lost in time before their innocence was taken. In a pasture, Jared probably did find some closure. Bravo Jared. You and all of the survivors are brave warriors and you give everyone hope. Thank you Jared.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I didn't know LE had Patty Wetterling approached Mr Rassier while wearing a wire in 2009 to talk about Jacob. I am so glad the cloud of suspicion over him is definitively cleared.

http://www.startribune.com/unsealed-court-documents-detail-search-for-jacob-wetterling/392899791/
You know, after reading this, Rassier was a victim of the monster too. His life has been on hold since Jacob went missing. Patty was very brave and still is. Stunning how graceful the family is. I can understand why Rassier didn't date and stayed with his parents. If he dated anyone they would be pestered and aggravated. I'd stay where I felt the safest too, with my parents. So sad. The monster ruined so many lives.

That's what I was thinking. There is a gun range near our own farm plus we hunt. So guns going off never shock us either. I can totally understand this. Not to mention if there were trees or anything between the scene and homes, it would muffle the noise.

You know, after reading this, Rassier was a victim of the monster too. His life has been on hold since Jacob went missing. Patty was very brave and still is. Stunning how graceful the family is. I can understand why Rassier didn't date and stayed with his parents. If he dated anyone they would be pestered and aggravated. I'd stay where I felt the safest too, with my parents. So sad. The monster ruined so many lives.

No one knew who DR was until 2010. He was named a POI then

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990