Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm waiting patiently to do some more sleuthing when all this evidence comes out. Can't believe they are going to release it.
I would have volunteered to do the work also and they wouldn't even had to pay me.
I am still surprised that they are going to release this. Is this generally what they do? Never heard of it before.
This will only just open up a lot of questions and speculations that they probably don't want to be bothered with after they think that the case is closed and hopefully forgotten. Maybe this will just open up the case again.

Let me get this right.
Daniel Heinrich told Jared to roll around in the snow right?
Daniel told Jared that if he would shoot him when he didn't have a gun?
Daniel had a car with no luggage rack?
Daniel liked to go to the Red Carpet in St. Could?
Daniel did not have a reason to plead guilty to both crimes? Jared's and Jacob's?
Daniel did not stalk Jacob before he kidnapped him?
Daniel was not a Bahai?

Let me get this right.
Daniel Heinrich told Jared to roll around in the snow right?
Daniel told Jared that if he would shoot him when he didn't have a gun?
Daniel had a car with no luggage rack?
Daniel liked to go to the Red Carpet in St. Could?
Daniel did not have a reason to plead guilty to both crimes? Jared's and Jacob's?
Daniel did not stalk Jacob before he kidnapped him?
Daniel was not a Bahai?
Yeh...so what....is your point?

"We're losing out on getting other stuff done," Becthold said of result of the hours spent on the Wetterling case file.

So they don't really want to release this information?
He should have said that it was a lot of work but nothing is too much for Jacob.
If they are worried about the money I could donate $100 and I'm sure there are a lot of others who would donate.
I still cannot believe that they are releasing all this information on Jacob's case. Is this what they do in every case? I don't know.
Do they have another reason for doing. it?
Some things could lead to other things to paraphrase another investigation.

"We're losing out on getting other stuff done," Becthold said of result of the hours spent on the Wetterling case file.

So they don't really want to release this information?
He should have said that it was a lot of work but nothing is too much for Jacob.
If they are worried about the money I could donate $100 and I'm sure there are a lot of others who would donate.
I still cannot believe that they are releasing all this information on Jacob's case. Is this what they do in every case? I don't know.
Do they have another reason for doing. it?
Some things could lead to other things to paraphrase another investigation.

Are you going with the idea of child sex ring? It will be interesting to see the tips. There will plenty against the Wetterlings and DR I would bet.

I wonder if DR will donate any money to missing children organizations if he wins his suit

120,000 pages!!
How am I going to get anything else done if I have to read on this?
My head is alrady spinning after reading both books. The first one was the best I think. The second one did have additional information it left a lot of information that was in the first. Read both is what I would suggest.Thank-you Dudley.

120,000 pages!!
How am I going to get anything else done if I have to read on this?
My head is alrady spinning after reading both books. The first one was the best I think. The second one did have additional information it left a lot of information that was in the first. Read both is what I would suggest.Thank-you Dudley.

Thank you! Answers in the Sand was my favorite. The publisher cut a lot out of the third edition

I forgot there was 3.
the 2nd edition was great but need the third edition for the additional information.
I learned a lot by reading both.\
You did a great job.
Thanks for writing them.

Thank you! Answers in the Sand was my favorite. The publisher cut a lot out of the third edition

That's the one I have a proof copy of. Is there info in the first edition that was left out of the second?

That's the one I have a proof copy of. Is there info in the first edition that was left out of the second?

No, the second edition includes all the material from the first.

I confronted them. I told them to get into the ditch with
their bicycles.
They cooperated. They did. I asked their names,
their ages.
MR. SCHLEICHER: Do you recall what their answers
were?
THE DEFENDANT: Not right offhand, I don't, no.
MR. SCHLEICHER: Do you know now that the three
children involved were Jacob Wetterling, Trevor Wetterling,
Aaron Larson?
THE DEFENDANT: That's correct.

From transcript of Daniel Heirnrich's confession. A typo?

I confronted them. I told them to get into the ditch with
their bicycles.
They cooperated. They did. I asked their names,
their ages.
MR. SCHLEICHER: Do you recall what their answers
were?
THE DEFENDANT: Not right offhand, I don't, no.
MR. SCHLEICHER: Do you know now that the three
children involved were Jacob Wetterling, Trevor Wetterling,
Aaron Larson?
THE DEFENDANT: That's correct.

From transcript of Daniel Heirnrich's confession. A typo?

Sorry, it escapes me....which typo are you referring?

I took the typo as Heinrich asking their names. I believe he only asked their ages.

Thank you.. Interesting catch on oswald111069's part. Myself have wondered about Heinrich's "memory".....mostly wondered about what he may have omitted-at least publicly-perhaps we'll never know.

Lets see now.
Jared said that Daniel said something in his confession that didn't happen.
Daniel himself could not remember that he told Jared to roll around in the snow.
Now his confession says that he asked their names and ages.
But everybody keeps saying that he only asked their ages.
To me asking their names changes how someone would look at this case.
Does it for anyone else?

Did Aaron and Trevor ever say that he just asked their names and ages?
I missed it.
Did Daniel just get it wrong and misspoke?
The prosecutor(Mr. Schleicher) did ask him if he knew the names and he said he did not.
There must be one detail that Aaron and Trevor know that Daniel also knows. Will the transcripts of Aaron and Trevor as to what happened be released?
Can we forgive Daniel for having a poor memory and chalk it up to old age. He is 53 now. Tht ain't too old. But he did drink a lot.
Daniel was born in 1963 so when he kindnapped Jacob that would have been 26 when this happened.
So is the picture given by Jared the first time a picture of Daniel when he was in the National Guard at aboout 25?
That picute does not look like the second picture that Jared came up with in 1990.
Jared picked out two guys who looked like his abductor. One was Daniel and the other one was not named.
Jared assigned Daniel a “4 “in similarity and the other guy he gave a “7”.
Will be get to know who the other guy Jared gave a "7"?

No we won't. DNA trumps eyewitness identification and the DNA from Jared's rape kit matches Heinrich. We've already seen one innocent person put through the ringer with false accusations in this case, the last thing we need is another.

No we won't. DNA trumps eyewitness identification and the DNA from Jared's rape kit matches Heinrich. We've already seen one innocent person put through the ringer with false accusations in this case, the last thing we need is another.

I agree!....despite my statement of Heinrich's poor memory. DJH did the crime....despite inconsistencies of not only Heinrich himself but also of other witnesses. My suspicion is that Heinrich's recollection may be spottingly inconsistent or lacking in detail to some extent......but unfortunately bitingly, tragically true.

Lets see now.
Jared said that Daniel said something in his confession that didn't happen.
Daniel himself could not remember that he told Jared to roll around in the snow.
Now his confession says that he asked their names and ages.
But everybody keeps saying that he only asked their ages.
To me asking their names changes how someone would look at this case.
Does it for anyone else?

Did Aaron and Trevor ever say that he just asked their names and ages?
I missed it.
Did Daniel just get it wrong and misspoke?
The prosecutor(Mr. Schleicher) did ask him if he knew the names and he said he did not.
There must be one detail that Aaron and Trevor know that Daniel also knows. Will the transcripts of Aaron and Trevor as to what happened be released?
Can we forgive Daniel for having a poor memory and chalk it up to old age. He is 53 now. Tht ain't too old. But he did drink a lot.
Daniel was born in 1963 so when he kindnapped Jacob that would have been 26 when this happened.
So is the picture given by Jared the first time a picture of Daniel when he was in the National Guard at aboout 25?
That picute does not look like the second picture that Jared came up with in 1990.
Jared picked out two guys who looked like his abductor. One was Daniel and the other one was not named.
Jared assigned Daniel a “4 “in similarity and the other guy he gave a “7”.
Will be get to know who the other guy Jared gave a "7"?
Sorry to say....but....you're overthinking. Or maybe you're just processing? IDK. In any event....there isn't another guy. This is it. Dipstick Jerk Hitler is the culprit.

It doesn't change who did it, but it does make you wonder (if you haven't already) how truthful DH was being in his confession when it comes to the details of that night. Now, that doesn't mean that he didn't ask their names. Afterall, we didn't know for years and years that the abductor had groped Aaron, so the eyewitness accounts from the boys that we've heard all these years could have omitted other details (for any number of reasons). But in the absence of other evidence, and when taking into consideration the inconsitency that Jared has since highlighted, it's defnitely a possibilty that DH was either not remembering things correctly and/or just not being completely honest about everything.

The intersting thing is that he definitely could have motivations for wanting to not be honest about certain details, but these are things that only he and Jacob could know, so we'd never know if he were lying or not. For him to possibly contradict Trevor and Aaron points more to him just not remembering things correctly ... of course assuming it IS in fact a contradiction of what happened.

It doesn't change who did it, but it does make you wonder (if you haven't already) how truthful DH was being in his confession when it comes to the details of that night. Now, that doesn't mean that he didn't ask their names. Afterall, we didn't know for years and years that the abductor had groped Aaron, so the eyewitness accounts from the boys that we've heard all these years could have omitted other details (for any number of reasons). But in the absence of other evidence, and when taking into consideration the inconsitency that Jared has since highlighted, it's defnitely a possibilty that DH was either not remembering things correctly and/or just not being completely honest about everything.

The intersting thing is that he definitely could have motivations for wanting to not be honest about certain details, but these are things that only he and Jacob could know, so we'd never know if he were lying or not. For him to possibly contradict Trevor and Aaron points more to him just not remembering things correctly ... of course assuming it IS in fact a contradiction of what happened.
Well said. I agree. The saddest part for me is only he and Jacob know the truth......and that thought angers me. DJH still holds "something".....we will never know. Which is why I despise him so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back