Report: Cruise, Holmes Expecting Baby

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SimonSays said:
Absolutely! Quite humorous for a man of all people to tell a woman that she should remain silent while giving birth. Let him try to squeeze something the size of a watermelon from something the size of a lemon and see how quiet he remains!!!!! :slap:
Men can't stand the pain of passing a kidney stone the size of a grain of sand. Let him try to shoot out a boulder. :crazy:

Now, now. Aren't we just all super impressed that Catherine Bell, Leah Remini and Kelly Preston all did the silent birth process. In fact, according to ET, the whole room is supposed to be quiet so as not to upset the child during his painful entry into the world and will have no sounds that will remind him/her of the tramatic moment in the years to come.
After hearing that on ET, I realized that there must be some kind of dust between the ears of these nut jobs. Not thetan dust though, just regular dust. The kind of dust that settles in unused spaces.....LOLOLOL!

Someone call the cartoon network! There's a looney toon on the loose!

I had dinner with a friend a few days ago, we spoke about the Kate/Krazy Cruise saga.

Apparently according to the "Scientology" method of childbirth, it has to be a completly SILENT birth or else the child is seen as "doomed" in this life.

This was according to an interview with Looney Toons Travolta......

Asked how this was done: He replied, well you practice for it.

Yeah, sure silent birth, why don't all of the Moms on this website "comment" on how silent they were when they give birth to their child, especially their first child.....

I know I was anything, but silent..........

CyberLaw said:
I had dinner with a friend a few days ago, we spoke about the Kate/Krazy Cruise saga.

Apparently according to the "Scientology" method of childbirth, it has to be a completly SILENT birth or else the child is seen as "doomed" in this life.

Yeah, sure silent birth, why don't all of the Moms on this website "comment" on how silent they were when they give birth to their child, especially their first child.....

I was told my toes wrapped around the bars on the bed like a monkeys! I'm sure those around me wished they'd purchased earplugs. lol

Lili said:
Men can't stand the pain of passing a kidney stone the size of a grain of sand. Let him try to shoot out a boulder. :crazy:
I know that is the truth!!! I get so annoyed by the kidney stone stuff at this house!!!

Now, now. Aren't we just all super impressed that Catherine Bell, Leah Remini and Kelly Preston all did the silent birth process.

They were probably all knocked out. :doh: :doh: :doh:

All I can say is good gawd. Silence during labor? Freaking impossible. Although I did have all four of my kids without pain meds I know I was anything but silent. My last baby was the hardest one to deliver, and I almost broke my husband's hand before I could push. He didn't think I was that strong.

I was very fortunate, my longest labor was only 7 1/2 hours, and that was the last baby.

I think I would have to tell Mr. Cruise he needs a reality check. And yes, I hope he get PPD!

BrendaStar said:
They were probably all knocked out. :doh: :doh: :doh:
No drugs at all allowed either.

The only way my first child's birth could have been silent was if I broke the sound barrier or was so high pitched only animals could hear me.

My second child was 9 years later and giving birth had changed so much. They had guessed I would be in labor about 12 hours, half as long as my first, to 24 hours, the length of my first.
I was "promised" an epidural by my OB. Well, I got to the hospital and was at 8cm. No meds, no epidural. I actually did really well, with a lot of groaning though. Not silent at all. At one point, the OB covering for mine (he was gone for 2 days at a conference), told me, "I wish I could do something for you to ease the pain. There isn't anything though". I looked at her and said through clenched teeth, "You know? They shoot horses in less pain than me!"

Yes, cross my heart, I said that. I made everyone laugh, which was good because she (Doc) broke my water after that and then nothing was funny.
Meconium, so they had to call NICU in for the birth. I should have sold tickets, it was so crowded in there! The topper was, as my DS was being born, his head was too big. WAY too big. DH was watching the doc and saw her reach for something. He watch the episiotomy with no numbing. He started sweating and as soon as DS was born, they rushed DS to the NICU team. The doc and nurse looked at DH and luckily were able to get him into a chair before he went "lights out".
The next 10 minutes was spent taking care of him until I finally had to say something!
I know it sounds far fetched, but it's true. DH is very sweet (when he wants to be) and very good looking, but man, he did NOT need two nurses and a doc taking care of him while my legs were still reaching to the heavens!

And, JMHO, it's a load of BS that you are naturally "numb" down there and won't feel an episiotomy if they can't numb. It hurt like blazes! LOL!
Of course, my little pumpkin-headed DS was worth it. :)

Well, I am sure that was TMI for many, but I hope I did give a chuckle a to a few and a bit of insight to giving birth (for those who haven't got their own war stories).

Just to clarify...you had an episiotomy WITHOUT any kind of pain relief
whatsoever???

I am terrified of giving birth, and if it were me, I probably would
have needed resucitating equipment!

Tristan said:
Just to clarify...you had an episiotomy WITHOUT any kind of pain relief
whatsoever???

I am terrified of giving birth, and if it were me, I probably would
have needed resucitating equipment!
Well, I was pretty terrified too as my first child's birth was a nightmare, including 23 1/2 hours of labor.

But, everything is SO much nicer now. They aren't so rigid, they let you get up and in most cases, you can get an epidural which is almost painfree all the way.
I was just too late getting to the hospital because I figured it would be many hours so I took a shower, did my hair and put on my makeup. LOL!

They didn't have time to give me anything for the episiotomy as his little pumpkin head was already there and tearing me on the way.
He ended up with the most rounded head I'd ever seen in a baby.

Don't be afraid of giving birth. It's nine months of pure joy, followed by a few hours of being uncomfortable, followed by years of laughter, love, tears, hugs and sticky kisses.

My only advice I ever give, if asked (or not) about kids is:
Don't hurry them to walk or talk. In a few years you'll yearn for them to sit still and be quiet.

Don't hurry potty training. It's not a contest between mothers, though many try to make it so. There has never been a case of a healthy kid not potty trained before high school.

Read to them, sing to them and rock them often. They won't care if you aren't in tune and they'll remember the stories and the books. Also, make up stories from the activities you do with your child. They will love it and you'll find yourself absorbed in the making it up as you go along.

Send them to military boarding school at the age of 11. (Okay, only kidding on this one! I think. Am I?)

So does this mean that Tom and John T. and the rest of them are all "doomed" themselves, since I'm sure their mother's were all drugged to the gills when they were born??

Pook said:
So does this mean that Tom and John T. and the rest of them are all "doomed" themselves, since I'm sure their mother's were all drugged to the gills when they were born??

Ohhh, but they have been saved by Scientology! LOL

Scientologists also say that everyone should be silent around the baby for the first week. At least they don't have to learn any lullabies ;)

CyberLaw said:

It seems that the way we have been giving birth, all this time, throughout the history of mankind, has been wrong. We have all been born "doomed". Thank goodness there is a man like LR Hubbard to set the world straight on this subject, so we can forever more save our offspring from such "doom"...:confused:

my_mommas_daughter said:
I know that is the truth!!! I get so annoyed by the kidney stone stuff at this house!!!
While I understand the reason for your post, Let me throw my humble opinion in here in response...Those little kidney stones can hurt just as bad as the appleseed sized ones I pass from time to time!! Believe me when I say Stones are no picnic! Some people liken labor pain to stone pain..both ARE intense at times..the bad thing about stones, tho, is that you do not have a sweet little bundle of love to take home and enjoy! Just a gray-black speck in a testube!! Just doesn't seem fair somehow! :mad: Kathleen

http://cbs2chicago.com/entertainmentbriefs#story2

Church of Scientology bodyguards took exception to one videographer who got a little too close to Tom Cruise yesterday afternoon when they made a citizen's arrest outside their Celebrity Center in Los Angeles.

The security guards - dressed all in black - swarmed on paparazzi who followed Cruise to their Sunset Boulevard headquarters during a break from filming MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE.

One guard snapped away at the snappers for identification purposes while another four kept the photographers at bay.

tired.old.hag said:
Scientologists also say that everyone should be silent around the baby for the first week. At least they don't have to learn any lullabies ;)
:crazy:
Also, they say to bring no company around the baby for 7 days as well.

*whew* thankfully my brother and his wife didn't go *that* far.
Although we were not allowed to visit at the hospital, we did get to go see my Nephew when he was 5 days old. We also were allowed to speak around him and my brother and his wife spoke around their son also.

Laura~

CyberLaw said:

I'm sure this rule was thought up by a man. The nuns at St. Mary's probably have my 17 hours of labor on audio tape somewhere. I probably set a new world's record in swearing. :rolleyes:

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm sure this rule was thought up by a man. The nuns at St. Mary's probably have my 17 hours of labor on audio tape somewhere. I probably set a new world's record in swearing. :rolleyes:

ROFLMAO

My hubby said I reminded him of Linda Blair in the Exorcist...you know- the sitting up and cussing, followed by the spinning head.

I did, of course, apologize between contractions to everyone present!

I almost strangled my hubby, grabbed his T-shirt, brought his face to about an inch from mine and screamed: You did this me, I am going to make you pay........and trust me you will pay.

He "wrestled" my hand away from his throat and stepped back and gave me this look like he was scared........he stepped back and stayed back......until it was over.........

I did think about giving one more push in the face of the doctor who kept saying so many times: One more push, just one more, it is almost over......

I did need an op after the birth and the baby was in NICU for six weeks, but all is well.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro