Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MeeBee, I feel that she hid them to avoid being caught with weapons by the police. I've seen no reason to justify her hiding the weapons. You state they are legal, so no need to hide unless trying to conceal future intentions. Seems like she told Detective Flores about the gun because she knew it would be traced. Similar tactic to her telling him about using Travis' computer passwords, after she knew she would be linked to accessing his computer information. She was offering nothing, posturing. Did she have a passport? The ability to cross countries in a rental car? The annoying thing is, will we ever know?

JA would have needed a passport to go to Costa Rica, I believe. She may have still had a valid one as they are good for 10 years. jmo

Now that the defense teams motions have been shot down and the all the reasons given why, do we think they will act any different when the trial resumes on Tuesday or will they continue on the same path of numerous objections, asking for sidebars and accusations?
The biggest question will JA take the stand?

I think Tuesday morning Nurmi will file a new motion and or appeal. I seriously doubt Jodi will take the stand again as it will harm any future appeals she may have regarding her ability to testify clearly in front of the media, as crazy as that sounds! JMO

Wow ! I've always noticed that you are a verified insider for Mark. I didn't know he was your cousin. I'm so sorry for you and the rest of the family.

Thank you.

Sure, she knew her time was running out, Tex Mex. if she was just going on the run, why the need for an identical choice in weapons? Same point to MeeBee. I didn't say the weapons were matching, just identical in type. Knives and guns. Why hide the gun? If for protection, it would be far safer in her reach. None of us can prove our points, they are mere speculation. It just seems obvious to me that most criminals wouldn't deem it smart to be caught with the exact same type of weapons they had previously used in a muder. Even one as stupid as Arias. Hiding the weapons doesn't point to defence. Neither does it show a need for instant protection. It suggests another attempt to cover her back, in case stopped by police.

Yeah. But she hid the gun so well that the police didn't find it. To me hiding it suggests she wanted to conceal it and sneak it into another country. The gun was registered and legal to carry if unloaded in California. To get it into Canada she would have to declare it and fill out forms and pay a fee and iirc it's still subject to the discretion of border officers.
You can bring a gun into Mexico but only for hunting. Many forms and basically its brought in through a Licensed Mexican hunting guide only.
If stopped in the USA it didn't really matter what weapons she had or if she had none. They had her DNA at a murder scene and that's plenty of reason to arrest/detain her until she could explain why her blood was mixed with a dead man who'd she'd been stalking.

While I am ambivalent at times about the death penalty, IMO CMJA's crime indeed qualifies for the DP only because of the detailed premeditation that went into it. She consciously planned taking the life of another, and especially someone she had professed to love, if she is even capable of that emotion, which I don't think she truly can feel love. In her mind, she deserved Travis' love and noone else did, due to her narcissism. She didn't really love Travis. She just couldn't deal with the fact that he didn't love her. From the phony staged robbery of the gun, to having him sit down in the shower, vulnerable, naked, water in his eyes and then blinding him with the flash from the camera, and that's when she stabbed him in the chest/heart. I am not sure he "posed" for her. He looked surprised in one of the pictures before the last full face shot. I think she had the gun on him then, made him sit, and the assault began. She deserves the DP. But I won't really be unhappy with either sentence, as long as she never has an opportunity to get out.
IMO she always looked slutty in her pictures. In the pic with the Freeman's, all in the picture have on t-shirts, the killer has a plunging V - neck shirt. Everyone in Travis' circle of friends dressed rather conservatively. CMJA dressed to expose her phony *advertiser censored*. When I read her testimony about when she met Travis, she acted like a *advertiser censored*. Giving oral sex to a guy 10 days after you met while you are still living with a guy you own a home with? I am no prude, but a girl has got to play a little hard to get unless you both know the relationship is for sex and sex alone, and in that case you're not doing it to impress the guy to get him to marry you. And eventually Travis saw she wasn't marriage material because I am sure he knew she had been around. Poor Travis. He had no idea what he was dealing with. Not that he was an angel, but he was a pretty typical guy in his late twenties having fun and then looking to settle down. He never lied to her, he treated her respectfully, he never led her on that they would eventually marry. And she didn't love him. You don't slaughter someone you love. She couldn't handle his rejection because, you know, she is just so "Christ like". Gag me.

Not saying she wanted protection right away or a gun that was easily accessible. Again, she was trying to hide it so she could get it to Mexico (or Canada). I don't think it had to do with being caught with the same type of weapons. Most peolple CA own knives and guns are not illegal. And after she was arrested one of the first things she told Flores was she just bought a gun.

It just doesn't make sense. She knows they're on to her so she starts planing more murders? If all she cared about that point was getting to her next kill then why hide them? So the police wouldn't find them? Well if the police have her then they're gonna find the knives and she told them about the gun. Don't see it. She was on the run.

I think so too. Her mom told Flores that LE had called Jodi at her job the day prior and it scared her Plus why wait 6 weeks after killing Travis to kill the Hughes, MiMi, Lisa etc? Was she going to drive another 1,000 miles back to do this when everyone was already looking at her? If she was inclined to do that seems she would have done ASAP after her killing Travis.
It does make sense that she knew her arrest was coming and like Scott Peterson she loaded up a car and headed for the border. Not saying it was a good plan but she was desperate and scared of being arrested

Does anyone remember what CMJA was discussing when she made a reference to "the stamps had lost the stickiness, and she didn't have $3.00 to buy more" I can't recall what it was about.... maybe sending Travis something???? Also, had she tried to download something and f'd it up?

When I read her "secret" transcripts ~ JA admits her intention with visiting Ryan Burns after killing Travis was to act normal, and make it seem she’d never been to AZ. :thinking: Hmmm I thought she tried to convince the jury and everyone who would listen that she had no intention of going to TA's, but he "quilted" her into coming. She just totally outed herself that Ryan Burns was indeed her alibi for premeditated murder.

Jodi admitted she had a hard time keeping track of her lies. Now that I can believe!

While I am ambivalent at times about the death penalty, IMO CMJA's crime indeed qualifies for the DP only because of the detailed premeditation that went into it. She consciously planned taking the life of another, and especially someone she had professed to love, if she is even capable of that emotion, which I don't think she truly can feel love. In her mind, she deserved Travis' love and noone else did, due to her narcissism. She didn't really love Travis. She just couldn't deal with the fact that he didn't love her. From the phony staged robbery of the gun, to having him sit down in the shower, vulnerable, naked, water in his eyes and then blinding him with the flash from the camera, and that's when she stabbed him in the chest/heart. I am not sure he "posed" for her. He looked surprised in one of the pictures before the last full face shot. I think she had the gun on him then, made him sit, and the assault began. She deserves the DP. But I won't really be unhappy with either sentence, as long as she never has an opportunity to get out.
IMO she always looked slutty in her pictures. In the pic with the Freeman's, all in the picture have on t-shirts, the killer has a plunging V - neck shirt. Everyone in Travis' circle of friends dressed rather conservatively. CMJA dressed to expose her phony *advertiser censored*. When I read her testimony about when she met Travis, she acted like a *advertiser censored*. Giving oral sex to a guy 10 days after you met while you are still living with a guy you own a home with? I am no prude, but a girl has got to play a little hard to get unless you both know the relationship is for sex and sex alone, and in that case you're not doing it to impress the guy to get him to marry you. And eventually Travis saw she wasn't marriage material because I am sure he knew she had been around. Poor Travis. He had no idea what he was dealing with. Not that he was an angel, but he was a pretty typical guy in his late twenties having fun and then looking to settle down. He never lied to her, he treated her respectfully, he never led her on that they would eventually marry. And she didn't love him. You don't slaughter someone you love. She couldn't handle his rejection because, you know, she is just so "Christ like". Gag me.

I agree with about everything you just stated....However, DP in Canada (tho under US determinations may fit) is a NO GO...Having said that...I think that Psych. Dr. DeMaris NAILED it with her assessments...when you compare the likes of Samuels and that hippy type Laviolette..Hands down accuracy with no biases given the proper guidelines (IF) utilized came thru with her testimony!! ...

It became obvious to the juror's Jodi's experts were prejudiced in HER favour thus threw all the rules out of the room when it came to assessing..questions/answers and how THEY interpreted....Actually Samuels and Violette made me cringe and knew right away their agenda..Jury knew it too!!

Bottomline..Jodi will live the remainder of her life manipulating folks to suit her agenda's..She's a fake..Faux person who loves to dupe and get SOMETHING from another...May she be curtailed in those efforts..tho not so sure Guards and some may very well get manipulated to do her bidding....LOL Watch for her latest artwork coming soon
:facepalm:

I think Tuesday morning Nurmi will file a new motion and or appeal. I seriously doubt Jodi will take the stand again as it will harm any future appeals she may have regarding her ability to testify clearly in front of the media, as crazy as that sounds! JMO

He can file whatever he wants Tuesday, but I heave a sneaking suspicion that JSS is ready to move. She's already had to go back on her word to the jury twice, she's wasted a bunch of time writing up her responses to all the motions so far, she knows the defense is stalling, and she knows they have nothing left. There's nothing more to dick around about. Finish the )&*#%*)&Q# trial and get a sentence already.

Well the gun was a .9 caliber, not the .25 used to kill Travis and I believe it was determined the knives found in her books were not compatible with the one used to kill Travis. She obviously got rid of those and is telling no one any time soon where she ditched them.

I just can't see her needing or caring at that point about needing to settle scores. I don't think that was her thing. Besides she knew she was being blamed for the murder already and to kill the Hughes' would he stupid. When she packed up her rental she told her family she was leaving because she was about to be blamed for something (iirc she had already been indicted by then although I'm not sure if she knew that). Sure sounds like she was fleeing. IMO she knew they would be coming for her and thought she had time to make a run for it. But they were watching her...so she didn't get too far.

It makes me wonder if her family (aunty) assisted her in making a run for it.

Well, he is certainly running out of motions he can file. What's next? Jodi didn't get the proper make-up or grey hair dye in jail?

Though perhaps not for cases where DP is a possibility. I don't know either way.

True. No DP in Canada. Just look at the Rafay family murders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v_Burns

"The case revolved around two Canadian citizens, Glen Sebastian Burns and Atif Ahmad Rafay, who were accused of murdering Rafay's family by the police department in Bellevue, Washington, of the United States.[2] After returning to Canada, Burns and Rafay confessed to undercover Royal Canadian Mounted Police. After the investigation was complete, Burns and Rafay claimed their confessions were fabricated, but plans were nevertheless made to extradite them"

Does anyone remember what CMJA was discussing when she made a reference to "the stamps had lost the stickiness, and she didn't have $3.00 to buy more" I can't recall what it was about.... maybe sending Travis something???? Also, had she tried to download something and f'd it up?

I think that was Travis making fun of her ridiculous excuses for not doing something for him.,

Though perhaps not for cases where DP is a possibility. I don't know either way.

Mexico U.S. Fugitives Caught in Mexico Escape Death Penalty
Jan 18, 2008 - But because of a 1978 treaty with America, Mexico, which has no death penalty, will not extradite anyone facing possible execution.

This is exactly what I'm talking about (hey MeeBee)!

Let's look at some facts. Arias has been in jail for over 6.5 years. Who has she killed since going to jail? She's in a "deviant class of her own?" Not even close. She's considered by experts very run of the mill, not even close to the halfway point on Dr. Michael Stone's scale of evil, which has previously been discussed on the Arias threads. He's an expert forensic psychiatrist, considered among the best in the field. The man knows what he's talking about because that's all he studies. Dahmer was at the top of the scale (scoring 22 out of 22). Arias (at a level 9) was actually rated one notch below Susan Smith.

I believe had that gun not jammed or whatever really happened and had TA been killed with one or two gunshots, there probably wouldn't be nearly the hysteria and hyperbole about this killer.

Arias has been elevated (mostly by other women) into something far more than what she actually is. Something about female killers and particularly this female killer has inspired a level of paranoia, despite the actual facts.

With all due respect, "let's look at some facts" is followed by facts which you personally value. Others may not value those facts at all, may value them in part, or place a far greater value on altogether different facts. Whatever the case, ultimately everyone's opinion is informed by a different basket of facts and as such, can't be judged according to what one's chosen to put in one's own basket, and certainly not without examining everything that's in theirs.

Mexico U.S. Fugitives Caught in Mexico Escape Death Penalty
Jan 18, 2008 - But because of a 1978 treaty with America, Mexico, which has no death penalty, will not extradite anyone facing possible execution.

Right you are. Plus she is Hispanic in appearance and has a Hispanic last name, making it easier to blend into Mexican society. However well she speaks Spanish, though, her American accent would give her away as a foreigner. Anyway, it looks like she was about to get that trip to Mexico that she wanted so badly. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin