Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be the first in line to give my condolences when there is word beyond Facebook and Twitter that confirms his death. Excuse me for being skeptical. I just don't believe that anything put on Facebook is gospel.

Jen is a reliable source, from what I've seen. She is very careful about jumping on anything and putting it out there before she's sure about it. The only reports coming out are from people close enough to reliable sources for me to believe it. There is also another person who has been in contact with Flores' in-laws and also confirms this and will be letting people know where to send condolences

I understand skepticism. It's the Internet. But I think it's best to keep these things to ourselves for the time because this appears to be true and attaching these kinds of dramas and questions to the death of a child seems insensitive and wrong to me. You're quite free to feel how you feel. But I don't see the need to publicize that while you your own research in the mean time. If you find anything that suggests his is untrue then we will be open to that. So far I have not seen anything that has suggested this is anything but genuine. I think the focus should be on offering condolences and prayers not investigative skepticism. I just don't think this is the time.. If you don't feel comfortable offering condolences yet you are under no obligation to do so.

It is not the social media who would be wrong, if one person made the statement others would pick it up. No one is blaming social media or anyone, we just want to make sure it is true and no one has actually seen an actual confirmation. It is coming across as 'what we heard'. Already it went from an accident to zip line now to repelling. no one is trying to start a fight or disagreement, we just want factual confirmation. Anyone can report on an incident. With that I am not saying anymore as I refuse to be drawn into a heated discussion.

Mods you can remove this if you want. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Thanks

Ignore the rappelling. It was a zip line accident.

The best jury questions posed to Dr. DeMarte during the 1st trial:

"Hypothetically if a person suffered PTSD because of a bear attack while hiking would you throw out their PDS test if they lied and said it was a tiger?

DeMarte: Yes, those would be different events. A lot of times what you see with PTSD is that there’s different triggering events that remind them of the trauma so I would expect that a bear and a tiger would look different, smell different, act different and the subsequent symptoms would be associated with those variables, with those differences among them so I would say that they are different and that I would.

5. Would the person be answering the questions [on the PDS] the same regardless of whether they called the animal a bear or tiger?

DeMarte: They would be answering it very different"

It is not the social media who would be wrong, if one person made the statement others would pick it up. No one is blaming social media or anyone, we just want to make sure it is true and no one has actually seen an actual confirmation. It is coming across as 'what we heard'. Already it went from an accident to zip line now to repelling. no one is trying to start a fight or disagreement, we just want factual confirmation. Anyone can report on an incident. With that I am not saying anymore as I refuse to be drawn into a heated discussion.

Mods you can remove this if you want. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Thanks

Wanting confirmation vs. saying this a mayor Defense Team and JA plot are two different things.
What heated discussion?

I'm not "battling to be right", and I didn't get involved in the blogger's war this weekend. I've just been through an emotionally draining health scare in my own immediate family this weekend and as much as I want to give my sympathies to the Flores family, I want to know this is true before I get emotionally invested in another families...

I hope things are getting better for you and your family. A health scare is so frightening and overwhelming.

"Hypothetically if a person suffered PTSD because of a bear attack while hiking would you throw out their PDS test if they lied and said it was a tiger?

DeMarte: Yes, those would be different events. A lot of times what you see with PTSD is that there’s different triggering events that remind them of the trauma so I would expect that a bear and a tiger would look different, smell different, act different and the subsequent symptoms would be associated with those variables, with those differences among them so I would say that they are different and that I would.

5. Would the person be answering the questions [on the PDS] the same regardless of whether they called the animal a bear or tiger?

I would really like some more insight into how somehow is diagnosed with having PTSD. I really would. Because from the test that I've seen (and maybe there are other out there), it doesn't seem to hard to manipulate the answers to get the diagnosis that you want!

It's basically (dumbing it down here really): have you had trouble sleeping? are you having trouble remembering things? do you stay away from things/people that remind you of whatever is causing your PTSD? If you answered YES to 2 out of 3 of these question then congratulations: YOU have PTSD!

So yeah, I'd love some more info if someone has it. Is it just the filling of some tests?

I would really like some more insight into how somehow is diagnosed with having PTSD. I really would. Because from the test that I've seen (and maybe there are other out there), it doesn't seem to hard to manipulate the answers to get the diagnosis that you want!

It's basically (dumbing it down here really): have you had trouble sleeping? are you having trouble remembering things? do you stay away from things/people that remind you of whatever is causing your PTSD? If you answered YES to 2 out of 3 of these question then congratulations: YOU have PTSD!

So yeah, I'd love some more info if someone has it. Is it just the filling of some tests?

Its a self report from what i understand. Its mostly just checking on facts, actions and putting together a puzzle almost. But for the most part therapy is entirely trust based. They are there to help you not to judge you and tear apart your story. They are healers not detectives.

This a bit off topic but I thought it fit in with the discussions on JA"s incredibly manipulative and lying behavior. This is an interesting article on the characteristics of the "pathological liar".

A diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, as well as Antisocial Personality Disorder (sociopathy) can include pathological lying.

JA has the following personality traits of a pathological liar:
-narcissism
-obsessive, controlling and compulsive behavior
-jealous behavior
-manipulative behavior
-anger

This excerpt in reference to a sneaky liar's manipulative behavior has JA's name all over it.

"They know everything to say and do, they know what you want and don’t want, and again, they study you. In fact, many pathological liars (and sociopaths who lie) use sexual or emotional arousal to distract you from the truth. Watch someone who seems to be directing their attention to you in such a way as to stimulate your arousal in some way. That arousal could be psychological (peaking your interest), emotional (causing you to feel connected to them), or sexual."

http://blogs.psychcentral.com/caregivers/2014/09/6-subtle-characteristics-of-the-pathological-liar/

I always wished Demarte had said, "Well, it would be different if it was you who stabbed the bear or tiger to
death.".........

I wanted Demarte to answer, "It would certainly be different if YOU stabbed the bear or tiger to death."

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 20m20 minutes ago
Tomorrow is a #jodiarias marathon day! Court begins at 9:15am and could go as long as 8pm! See you there!

Lower than accusing Travis of being a pedophile?

In my opinion, the two pale in comparison. In one, we are talking about the death of a child due to an accident that has nothing to do with CMJA telling her attorneys that Travis was a pedophile. As much as you, myself and other reasonable people know that it is a lie, her attorneys can, and did present evidence (lies) to try to present their case. And whether we like it or not... it's allowed. I find it barfingly sad that it was done. So to answer your question, yes even lower.

Just for the timeline in general - does anyone know the date that the video with TA telling his gun story to his friends with her in his lap? When did that happen? I googled, but didn't come up with it.... TIA

March of 07 . I think that is Dan Freeman a few seats down. and of course Jodi who could go take nap in her room, but nope, she's sleepy she just fall asleep out in the open in a public place .

March of 07 . I think that is Dan Freeman a few seats down. and of course Jodi who could go take nap in her room, but nope, she's sleepy she just fall asleep out in the open in a public place .

Its so obvious she was doing this to mark her territory (face in Travis' lap) AND as a way to get attention. GAG!

She wasn't sleepy. She was just bored because the conversation wasn't about her, indifferent to Travis' friends, and intent upon demonstrating ownership of Travis.

From center left to right on the sofa I believe it's TA, especially cruel lying torture murderess, Dan Freeman, and Chris Hughes.

She wasn't sleepy. She was just bored because the conversation wasn't about her, indifferent to Travis' friends, and intent upon demonstrating ownership of Travis.

Amazing how bored she was while someone she says she loved was describing a near death experience. And she couldn't be more bored. As soon as he mentions the other woman in the story she goes "I'm over this," throws his arm off her and then sits up and does that annoying chicken wing, eye rub thing she does in an attempt to demonstrate her annoyance and try and bring some attention back to her.

Yep!
You gottta think like Jodi. She was with Travis and his friends, but they were so far beneath her she wouldn't even interact. She yawned and pretended to be sleepy, but 100% made it KNOWN to that crowd where she stood with Travis.

She was marking her territory with that uncouth move. No wonder they "stayed in" almost for the duration of their "relationship". I wouldn't take her out in public and do not fault Travis for not doing so.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 20m20 minutes ago
Tomorrow is a #jodiarias marathon day! Court begins at 9:15am and could go as long as 8pm! See you there!

This has got to be tough on Juan as well. I am sure her knew the 15 yr old pretty well. And Flores and juan are close friends. It is heartbreaking to see a friend lose a precious child so suddenly. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette