Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not check out some sites that could give you more information?
Please note that civilian and veterans have different checklists, etc. So a bus driver who has been attacked by gang members would fill out a different form for a self-assessment than would a soldier returning from Iraq. In any case, everyone who has a score higher than a certain level on a self-assessment form should consult a professional for a diagnosis and treatment options.

http://www.ptsdassociation.com/ptsd-self-assessment.php
http://www.mirecc.va.gov/docs/visn6/3_PTSD_CheckList_and_Scoring.pdf
http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/assessment/adult-sr/ptsd-checklist.asp
http://sph.umd.edu/sites/default/files/files/PTSDchecklist.pdf
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...-stress-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20022540
http://www.anxietybc.com/resources/ptsd.php

I'm not sure whether a murderer can claim to be suffering from PTSD because she traumatized herself by the violence and excessive brutality of her actions, but it might be interesting to investigate the possibility.

FWIW, I think that you raise a valid point: it would be relatively easy to fake having a mental disorder of this kind since the diagnosis seems to depend on the self-reporting of symptoms and matching responses to a checklist. Dealing with a proven liar would seem to make a diagnosis of PTSD unreliable. However, IMO, there is a very real tragedy that many victims of violence and military veterans go untreated when they do suffer from PTSD simply because they don't want to be seen as being malingerers.

Excellent post. I wish Juan Martinez would quote the section I bolded of it- verbatim.

I'm not "battling to be right", and I didn't get involved in the blogger's war this weekend. I've just been through an emotionally draining health scare in my own immediate family this weekend and as much as I want to give my sympathies to the Flores family, I want to know this is true before I get emotionally invested in another families...

(((LinasK)))

Although this is my first post in this forum, I have been watching the trial intently. I just want to thank everyone who posts here regularly, it is full of good information and theories. I love reading your posts :)

I have been compelled to post now because a couple of things are really frustrating me - I apologize if these have already been raised.

1) Jodi Arias saying Travis was violent towards her, doesn't make sense! She wouldn't lend him $250 allegedly and Travis body slammed her. On the day he was murdered, Travis allegedly body slammed her again after she supposedly dropped his new camera. IF Travis went into such a rage over these little things, why was he not violent/aggressive when she smashed his car! In fact, he was far from being in an uncontrollable rage, he was very understanding from what I have read.

2)McWitness' allegation that he had seen graphic child *advertiser censored* on the Bishops computer, which belonged to Travis. Now I find this completely unbelievable - Travis was devoted to his religion, he wanted to be a good Mormon. He knew he had given into temptation a few times but he had always discussed this with his Bishop. IF he was into child *advertiser censored* (which I don't believe for a minute) would he really leave a folder of graphic *advertiser censored* on a Bishops computer, with his name on the folder!! Everyone knows that making, looking at or distrubuting child *advertiser censored* is against the law and the consequences for someone found with child *advertiser censored* are far reaching. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to leave something so disturbing on a Bishops computer of all places and his name conveniently on it!! Bull! McWitness admitted he didn't much like Travis back then, so why not tell someone about the pictures you found!! If you dislike someone and you find something like that you would happily tell someone!! But no, he waited ten years to tell someone and that was on an affidavit to strengthen JA's mitigation claims. I am pretty certain that the *advertiser censored*, if it did exist, belonged to McWitness but I am more inclined to think the whole thing was made up.

I read the full letter JA sent to the Alexander family on the Court Chatter website and I was really shocked. She allegedly wants to 'help' the family come to terms with their loss but 90% of the letter concentrates on her! and having a dig at Deanna! It was disgusting! I hope she does get the DP, being locked up 23 hours a day and not being allowed any physical contact will drive her mad.

Her hands were doing this, (whoever is singing love the voice, Lily Allen?)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnSnqGDu8I

ETA: Add this display to yesterdays admissionion of the letter and you will get it, as the jury will

That was GREAT! People kept saying she was giving the finger and making throat-slashing motions, but I just wasn't sure until I saw her do that throat-slashing gesture aimed at the TA's family. It was obvious to me, covert as she thought she was being. Seeing her give the finger over and over and over in this video, though, makes it crystal clear that she was doing it throughout her trial.

For those against the death penalty you'll get your wish too. She'll have a least several years in a cell, by herself. thinking about the day she will meet her maker! I heard it's hot down there.

She'll be 35 this year, I think. In another 10-15 years, she'll probably start to go through menopause. I delight at the thought of her in that hot Arizona prison suffering from one hotflash after another, and she won't even have so much as a simple electric fan to drape herself over. I speak from experience re hotflashes. I hope she repeatedly gets the kind that hit so hard and so hot that she might actually throw up.

Being able to rest your head in a lover's lap is a great perk in a real and loving relationship. :). But IIRC, her body language throughout suggested restlessness, not ease or content. And as MeeBee said, she clearly was plenty alert and annoyed when she removed his arm and looked around at his friends who were actually completely tuned in to him and his story.

As this video and HM tells us, it wasn't just TA's friends she was acting this way in front of, but also about 20 more people standing around listening to this account of the incident. HM goes on to tell us that JA always acted like this, was always trying to isolate TA(own him). Then HM goes on to relate the incident at the Hughes' where JA showed up uninvited/unannounced, proceeded to start a 15 minute argument with SH about SH hating her and then after being told to leave went and sat defiantly in the kitchen for another ten minutes or so before finally leaving.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/05/new-exclusive-jodi-and-travis-video

Thanks SO MUCH for pulling this info together. This is really important 1to get to the jury. Maybe if he can't introduce some of it now he can through DeMarte when she tears it apart.

I think part of the problem is that JSS for some reason had sealed the testimony and probably any evidence relating to Dr Karps back in Feb of last year because the DT were afraid of something coming out in the penalty phase.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?269062-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-1-22-thru-1-26-Break&p=11426513#post11426513

My condolences to the Flores family. They are in my prayers.

I can't believe how the killer dressed for court on Friday. I think it was highly inappropriate. Only proves to me how disconnected from reality she is & shows her total disregard for rules and boundaries.

I think her letter to Travis' family dated on his birthday no less sealed her fate. I imagine the jurors thought of nothing else this weekend. That letter disgusts me.

I am pleased that the trial has picked up its pace. JSS needs to get this done. Juan still needs to present his rebuttal, so we have quite a way to go.

Hope Juan finishes with Geffner today and we move on.

And JMHO, I do not find Zoey's posts difficult to read, quite the contrary. Please don't change the format, Zoey. I don't want to have to go to a different thread to get your references. To me, they flow perfectly.

Why not check out some sites that could give you more information?
Please note that civilian and veterans have different checklists, etc. So a bus driver who has been attacked by gang members would fill out a different form for a self-assessment than would a soldier returning from Iraq. In any case, everyone who has a score higher than a certain level on a self-assessment form should consult a professional for a diagnosis and treatment options.

http://www.ptsdassociation.com/ptsd-self-assessment.php
http://www.mirecc.va.gov/docs/visn6/3_PTSD_CheckList_and_Scoring.pdf
http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/assessment/adult-sr/ptsd-checklist.asp
http://sph.umd.edu/sites/default/files/files/PTSDchecklist.pdf
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...-stress-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20022540
http://www.anxietybc.com/resources/ptsd.php

I'm not sure whether a murderer can claim to be suffering from PTSD because she traumatized herself by the violence and excessive brutality of her actions, but it might be interesting to investigate the possibility.

FWIW, I think that you raise a valid point: it would be relatively easy to fake having a mental disorder of this kind since the diagnosis seems to depend on the self-reporting of symptoms and matching responses to a checklist. Dealing with a proven liar would seem to make a diagnosis of PTSD unreliable. However, IMO, there is a very real tragedy that many victims of violence and military veterans go untreated when they do suffer from PTSD simply because they don't want to be seen as being malingerers.

Yes, that's exactly my issue with it!
Thank you, I will check those websites out.

Maybe JSS doesn't care if JA digs her own grave at this point? Besides, the DT should have covered JA up as a matter of professional courtesy and decorum. They might not have anticipated that she would show up dressed like this (I believe they supply her outfits, maybe from Goodwill?), and she surprised them both. But they had an obligation to do something about it.

This article tells about inmate clothing:
http://camillekimball.blogspot.ca/2013/04/why-isnt-jodi-arias-cuffed-in-court-im.html

While this pic tells us about JA's clothing:

JAclothessm.jpg

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/26/2015 8:00 AM

01/22/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY THIRTY-ONE

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/21/15 Exhibits 391-395, 397, 399-406, 408-
410, 420, 431-440, 463, 481, 506, 507, 559-561, 563, 568, 572, 600, 623, 624, 633, 645, 646,
648-652, 655, 680, 687-704, 706-709, 731-733, 736, 738, 740, 741, 758, 761-786, 786.001, 787-
801, 242, 242.001, 242.002 and 233 were temporarily released to Defense and returned this date.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/21/15 Exhibit 823 is temporarily released to
Defense and returned today.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/21/15 Exhibit 825 is temporarily released to
the State and a clean copy is returned today....

Dr. Robert Geffner, having previously been sworn, testifies further.
State’s Exhibit 830 is marked for identification.
State’s Exhibit 831 is marked for identification...

State’s Exhibit 832 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 832 and it is admitted in evidence.
State’s Exhibit 833 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 833 and it is admitted in evidence...

State’s Exhibit 834 is marked for identification.
The State offers State’s Exhibit 834 and it is admitted in evidence...

Exhibit 540 is temporarily redacted by the State to cover portions of the exhibit during
the upcoming portions of the witness testimony...

IT IS ORDERED that the FTR and cameras are to be turned off for the next portion of
trial to avoid copyright violations
4:19 p.m. The Jury leaves the courtroom and Court remains in session.
IT IS ORDERED that the FTR and cameras may now be turned back on.
4:28 p.m. The Jury is now present...

IT IS ORDERED that the FTR and cameras are to be turned off for the next portion of
trial to avoid copyright violations.
4:44 p.m. Court stands at recess until 1/26/15 at 9:15 a.m. in this division...

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6665399.pdf

Yes, that's exactly my issue with it!
Thank you, I will check those websites out.

Psychology in 2015 is actually still very much a pseudo science and often emotional symptoms mask physical disease. Treat the physical illness and the emotional symptoms disappear. This is especially true with children.

My heart feels very heavy today. It's sometimes easy to forget that we have a life outside of this trial and that we come to this forum with human anxieties, sorrows and tribulations. Things get heated here at times but that is only natural. This forum is truly wonderful--our little niche in this crazy trial. I know that we'll be silently thinking of and praying for Detective Flores and his family. As for the trial, I think that we are approaching the end. Today is going to be a very interesting day. I hope that we can all stick together and get through the day. I'm going to have a relaxing bath and then make some pasta to eat later during the day. I'll be back later. I'm sending vibes of hope, healing and peace to everyone here...

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Although this is my first post in this forum, I have been watching the trial intently. I just want to thank everyone who posts here regularly, it is full of good information and theories. I love reading your posts :)

I have been compelled to post now because a couple of things are really frustrating me - I apologize if these have already been raised.

1) Jodi Arias saying Travis was violent towards her, doesn't make sense! She wouldn't lend him $250 allegedly and Travis body slammed her. On the day he was murdered, Travis allegedly body slammed her again after she supposedly dropped his new camera. IF Travis went into such a rage over these little things, why was he not violent/aggressive when she smashed his car! In fact, he was far from being in an uncontrollable rage, he was very understanding from what I have read.

2)McWitness' allegation that he had seen graphic child *advertiser censored* on the Bishops computer, which belonged to Travis. Now I find this completely unbelievable - Travis was devoted to his religion, he wanted to be a good Mormon. He knew he had given into temptation a few times but he had always discussed this with his Bishop. IF he was into child *advertiser censored* (which I don't believe for a minute) would he really leave a folder of graphic *advertiser censored* on a Bishops computer, with his name on the folder!! Everyone knows that making, looking at or distrubuting child *advertiser censored* is against the law and the consequences for someone found with child *advertiser censored* are far reaching. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to leave something so disturbing on a Bishops computer of all places and his name conveniently on it!! Bull! McWitness admitted he didn't much like Travis back then, so why not tell someone about the pictures you found!! If you dislike someone and you find something like that you would happily tell someone!! But no, he waited ten years to tell someone and that was on an affidavit to strengthen JA's mitigation claims. I am pretty certain that the *advertiser censored*, if it did exist, belonged to McWitness but I am more inclined to think the whole thing was made up.

I read the full letter JA sent to the Alexander family on the Court Chatter website and I was really shocked. She allegedly wants to 'help' the family come to terms with their loss but 90% of the letter concentrates on her! and having a dig at Deanna! It was disgusting! I hope she does get the DP, being locked up 23 hours a day and not being allowed any physical contact will drive her mad.

Welcome friend. We are sure glad to have you posting. I agree, the harsh life on lock down, in isolation , on death row is the punishment she deserves. I am not concerned about what day she actually put down. She will die in prison one way or another. That is certain. Again, welcome!!!:happydance:

And JMHO, I do not find Zoey's posts difficult to read, quite the contrary. Please don't change the format, Zoey. I don't want to have to go to a different thread to get your references. To me, they flow perfectly.

I took the original suggestion to mean ZoeyW should add her excellent, link-laden posts to another thread too, not just this one, so as many folks as possible can benefit from them. I hope that's what the suggestion meant, because I'm enjoying them immensely.

My heart feels very heavy today. It's sometimes easy to forget that we have a life outside of this trial and that we come to this forum with human anxieties, sorrows and tribulations. Things get heated here at times but that is only natural. This forum is truly wonderful--our little niche in this crazy trial. I know that we'll be silently thinking of and praying for Detective Flores and his family. As for the trial, I think that we are approaching the end. Today is going to be a very interesting day. I hope that we can all stick together and get through the day. I'm going to have a relaxing bath and then make some pasta to eat later during the day. I'll be back later. I'm sending vibes of hope, healing and peace to everyone here...

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

((((((Rose))))))

I think we're approaching the end too. Mercifully.

Thank you Margaret. Absolutely heartbreaking. I woke up this morning at 4:30 am, with the Flores' family heavy on my mind and heart. After following his interrogation and this trial, I think we've all come to "know" and care for him. I cannot imagine :frown:

Is this in Thailand?? Was he doing Missionary work there?

Age of the boy & being a boy scout is right, I just don't know if it's right. We'll have to wait for more information to confirm

We have a friend who lost his 16 yo son on a scout trip - a freak canoeing accident that was no one's fault. To me, that would be so much easier to bear than malfeasance on someone's part, as the Thailand incident sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95