Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows that WS members think the world of him. KCL kept he, and Juan reminded of just how much respect we all have for them during the guilt phase trial. Members sent gifts, candy (M&M's with cool sayings), etc. I am just learning of this tragic news, and words escape me for the moment. My thoughts are certainly of them tonight, and in the coming days. RIP Antonio.... taken far too soon.

About 2 or 3 hours ago I started a new thread devoted to condolences for Det Flores & family on the passing of their son. It has to be approved by a mod before it will show up. I also sent a PM asking that it be approved. Either the thread never got approved or my request has yet to be seen. Very sad about that, as I think it would be great to have 1 place for everyone to post their thoughts for the Flores family during this very difficult time and something that they could be shown should they want to see all the folks on WS who share in their grief.

Amazing how bored she was while someone she says she loved was describing a near death experience. And she couldn't be more bored. As soon as he mentions the other woman in the story she goes "I'm over this," throws his arm off her and then sits up and does that annoying chicken wing, eye rub thing she does in an attempt to demonstrate her annoyance and try and bring some attention back to her.

Yep. That video makes clear she could care less about interacting with any of his friends. Which makes it all the more twisted that she demanded recognition from his friends that he belonged to her.

Yep. That video makes clear she could care less about interacting with any of his friends. Which makes it all the more twisted that she demanded recognition from his friends that he belonged to her.

When I first saw that video I assumed (probably incorrectly) that she was sleepy. Bored is as good an explanation as anything.

What made me first think of sleepy is I remember how I used to nap laying with my head in my boyfriend's lap like that in the evenings even when his roommate & roommates girlfriend were there too, hanging out. There were a couple months I was on some meds for sinus issues that my ENT doc gave me and they pretty much had me in zombie slumber land and I could not stay awake. But it's Jodi so it makes sense she was just not interested in TA's friends.

In my opinion, the two pale in comparison. In one, we are talking about the death of a child due to an accident that has nothing to do with CMJA telling her attorneys that Travis was a pedophile. As much as you, myself and other reasonable people know that it is a lie, her attorneys can, and did present evidence (lies) to try to present their case. And whether we like it or not... it's allowed. I find it barfingly sad that it was done. So to answer your question, yes even lower.

Such a very sad and tragic story, my teenagers live to zip line, and I've always worried about head injuries. My thoughts are with the Flores family, I can't imagine the pain they are feeling.

About 2 or 3 hours ago I started a new thread devoted to condolences for Det Flores & family on the passing of their son. It has to be approved by a mod before it will show up. I also sent a PM asking that it be approved. Either the thread never got approved or my request has yet to be seen. Very sad about that, as I think it would be great to have 1 place for everyone to post their thoughts for the Flores family during this very difficult time and something that they could be shown should they want to see all the folks on WS who share in their grief.

Hopefully tomorrow we will find out which funeral home they are using and we can comment in the online condolence guest book.

Azl can jm in closing arguements play a montage clip of Travis in life ( including this nde clip) to bring the focus back to the victim and remind them of the real reason They are there

When I first saw that video I assumed (probably incorrectly) that she was sleepy. Bored is as good an explanation as anything.

What made me first think of sleepy is I remember how I used to nap laying with my head in my boyfriend's lap like that in the evenings even when his roommate & roommates girlfriend were there too, hanging out. There were a couple months I was on some meds for sinus issues that my ENT doc gave me and they pretty much had me in zombie slumber land and I could not stay awake. But it's Jodi so it makes sense she was just not interested in TA's friends.

Being able to rest your head in a lover's lap is a great perk in a real and loving relationship. :). But IIRC, her body language throughout suggested restlessness, not ease or content. And as MeeBee said, she clearly was plenty alert and annoyed when she removed his arm and looked around at his friends who were actually completely tuned in to him and his story.

Being able to rest your head in a lover's lap is a great perk in a real and loving relationship. :). But IIRC, her body language throughout suggested restlessness, not ease or content. And as MeeBee said, she clearly was plenty alert and annoyed when she removed his arm and looked around at his friends who were actually completely tuned in to him and his story.

Good points! She also looked like she was claiming ownership of him.

Hopefully tomorrow we will find out which funeral home they are using and we can comment in the online condolence guest book.

While I can understand the sending of condolences here, I don't see the need to flood the actual guest book with condolences hundreds of notes from people they family does not know. I understand his father is a public figure but he's a child. His family and friends deserve a little privacy. JMHO

While I can understand the sending of condolences here, I don't see the need to flood the actual guest book with condolences hundreds of notes from people they family does not know. I understand his father is a public figure but he's a child. His family and friends deserve a little privacy. JMHO

Possibly someone with WS administration could do it for all of us. However, I do believe it is up to individual posters to do
as they see fit. I like Madeleine's suggestion posted above.

If JA doesn't take the stand, would Juan still call witnesses?

Good points! She also looked like she was claiming ownership of him.

Yes. She still acts like she owns him. It was possessiveness and an attempt to get him to leave his friends and tend to her. She wanted him to say , "well, Jodi is tired so I better help her to the room"

Possibly someone with WS administration could do it for all of us. However, I do believe it is up to individual posters to do
as they see fit. I like Madeleine's suggestion posted above.

I agree, it would be nice to have a separate thread, so all the posts are in one place and the people who come here to just read daily court updates aren't having to skim over all the posts regarding this tragedy.

Yes, I realize everyone is free to do as they see fit, which is why I ended my post with JMHO. I know for myself, I won't be posting any details about the funeral, obituary etc here as I don't feel it's appropriate. Again, JMHO.

Posted in sidebar....For an indefinite time, Flores will not be appearing in court.

Thank goodness he had completed testimony before this tragedy. There is no justifiable excuse whatsoever for the JA drama to intrude upon his grieving. He has more than paid his dues to see her brought to justice.

Linus a person from cbs5 or abc5 i can't remember the initials confirmed it was true and would air it tomorrow on tv when they are back in studio from the weekend

Hopefully mods will open a separate thread where those inclined to express condolences may, and those who don't choose to can avoid.

Until then, IMO it is perfectly understandable and acceptable to express our sympathy and sadness here. Here is here. Posting here is in no way whatsoever a violation of his family's privacy.

Scroll on by if you don't want to read condolences. We've been discussing JA and her trials everyday nonstop for years. Taking one evening off to also mourn this good man's loss seems the right thing to do.

I just want to say that I really am genuinely saddened at his loss. I've been walking around in a funk all day. His son looked just like him and he was young and posted silly pics on Instagram. I think a lot of us feel like we've come to know these people even if we don't know them personally. This one hurts. And I also don't know how anything posted here has invaded their privacy. As I said before the sister in law herself has been reaching out to the public with details and intimate photos. No one has pried that I've seen. This is reportable and relevant to this trial news. We probably won't be seeing Flores around for a while.

Adding....JM went a long way to demolishing the pedo lie, if he didn't altogether. (Still waiting to hear what the knees thing was all about).

This may have been speculated about already, but here's my guess. In the version Geffner is talking about, CMJA said that he was on his knees next to the bed masturbating to a paper photo of a little boy wearing underwear. In a previous version wherein TA is lying or sitting on the bed, she said that the paper wafted to the ground in that chaotic way that paper tends to waft. If he was on his knees and the paper was in his hand, it would not have far to go to get to the floor, so it could not have wafted very far in a chaotic, paper wafting way. It would be more likely to have landed on an edge and then simply tipped over flat. Did he have the paper in his hand in this Geffner version?

I want to believe it's not true. I'm so sad. I don't trust social media news, I'm sorry. I'm going to hold out hope until I see otherwise, but saying prayers anyway. No disrespect intended, in any way.

I would really like some more insight into how somehow is diagnosed with having PTSD. I really would. Because from the test that I've seen (and maybe there are other out there), it doesn't seem to hard to manipulate the answers to get the diagnosis that you want! It's basically (dumbing it down here really): have you had trouble sleeping? are you having trouble remembering things? do you stay away from things/people that remind you of whatever is causing your PTSD? If you answered YES to 2 out of 3 of these question then congratulations: YOU have PTSD!So yeah, I'd love some more info if someone has it. Is it just the filling of some tests?

Why not check out some sites that could give you more information?
Please note that civilian and veterans have different checklists, etc. So a bus driver who has been attacked by gang members would fill out a different form for a self-assessment than would a soldier returning from Iraq. In any case, everyone who has a score higher than a certain level on a self-assessment form should consult a professional for a diagnosis and treatment options.

http://www.ptsdassociation.com/ptsd-self-assessment.php
http://www.mirecc.va.gov/docs/visn6/3_PTSD_CheckList_and_Scoring.pdf
http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/assessment/adult-sr/ptsd-checklist.asp
http://sph.umd.edu/sites/default/files/files/PTSDchecklist.pdf
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...-stress-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20022540
http://www.anxietybc.com/resources/ptsd.php

I'm not sure whether a murderer can claim to be suffering from PTSD because she traumatized herself by the violence and excessive brutality of her actions, but it might be interesting to investigate the possibility.

FWIW, I think that you raise a valid point: it would be relatively easy to fake having a mental disorder of this kind since the diagnosis seems to depend on the self-reporting of symptoms and matching responses to a checklist. Dealing with a proven liar would seem to make a diagnosis of PTSD unreliable. However, IMO, there is a very real tragedy that many victims of violence and military veterans go untreated when they do suffer from PTSD simply because they don't want to be seen as being malingerers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches