Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy thanks for the link. What I thought was odd when reading it, is in the first part, JA is referred to as Ms. Arias then Jodi and then Ms. Arias, then Jodi and then Ms. Arias again. TA is referred to as Travis and then Mr. Alexander.

I believe FJA did write most of this.....I would think a legal document such as this would have the names the same through out, unless quoting a conversation or an other script, and that part would be quoted.

The flipping back and forth between Jodi, Ms. Arias and then Travis and Travis Alexander, leads me to believe that FJA wrote a lot of this document. She does not know the legal way to write and probably told her lawyers she wanted it exactly as she wrote it hence the flipping of names. She was and is controlling the defense team. No client should have a hold over any team such as this. She will use anything to get her way.

I am very glad that this was refused and it went to trial. FJA thinks she is clever but is not. Mr. Juan Martinez see through her very well. I hope and pray that the State and the Alexander Family get what they asked for, death. It is not an easy thing for normal caring people to ask for someone's life however in this case they have every right to ask for it. FJA does not care what life she takes. She took Travis Alexander's life, possibly her family pets lives, and we don't know if there were any other lives in the past that were taken or who else may have lost there life if she was not arrested.

FJAA is evil. JMOO

Another thing that struck me as very strange was her comment about backing out of the drive without looking and that it was the wrong way to drive. For Pete's sake! If the family for one second is believing any of this sick fantasy, their beloved brother is dying upstairs while another is fleeing for her life from demented ninjas. Why would they give a flying doughnut about how carefully she backed the car?

She has no earthly concept of how rational people think.

Further more, why would they give a flying doughnut that, in her blind confusion (later to become known as 'the fog'), she noticed two young girls - their ages and hair colouring - "running west on Queensborough Avenue, on the north side". That must have reassured the family to no end!

Demented, artful, and cruel.

I don't believe she will take the stand again. Her secret tête-à-tête with the jury is over. She refuses to even consider continuing until the Supreme Court ruling. JSS has stated she will not delay trial, so Arias will get to gloat over the delay while everyone decides what to do about her previous testimony, and the possibility that Juan will be unable to cross her. She hates him to the core, but will not want to face him again, since he exposed her once and for all yesterday, and hasn't finished yet.

IMO she is convinced she will never be put to death, even if this jury comes down with it. She has the joint petition going on; she has years of appeals; she has the slight chance that Arizona will one day discontinue death penalties; and most of all she has 'magical thinking'.

Has anyone seen Jodi's phone records?

I'm wondering "if" (or "when") Jodi phoned Paul Stern -- the guy she borrowed money from in CA (before she went to Matt and Darryl's place). He said Jodi told him she needed $ to go see Travis and he loaned money to her.

Did she arrange this in advance (phoned him from Yreka and then drove down there to get it), or did she just go to the Ventana Inn where he would frequent and she would stop in to use her computer (probably check Travis' emails) and he came in and she asked him on the spot?

I'd also love to know how much he loaned her, WHEN and how she paid him back. He stated that he did loan her money and did pay him back. Did she send him a check? Visit him?

Just a couple things I'd like to know.

I still don't think all of the jurors will vote for the death penalty. I'm afraid that at least one person will feel sorry for Jodi.

I think its possible, as it was with the first jury, that a few jurors at least will believe that Travis didn't treat her well and that mommy hit her with a spoon. Maybe those jurors will feel sorry for her.

But. I'm convinced that a greater number of jurors will go back to that deliberation room believing that she lied about the pedophilia and lied about the physical abuse. And I believe that the jurors who think that will be far more motivated to hand her the DP than the few who might feel a twinge of sympathy for her and want LWOP.

My guess is that her inability to express remorse will do her in even with those who might otherwise be inclined to show her mercy.

The BPD "mental illness" mitigator is the only one that could conceivably spare her the DP, IMO, but I am confident that DeMarte and Hayes will demolish any hope the DT has of convincing the jury that she didn't know precisely what she was doing when she slaughtered him.

I continue to believe she'll get the DP.

I still don't think all of the jurors will vote for the death penalty. I'm afraid that at least one person will feel sorry for Jodi.

I think so too. I think that's why JM needs to keep bringing up things that make her look evil - not mentally ill, but evil.

Juan Martinez has a comprehensive rebuttal planned. He has some of Travis' friends, certainly Dr. DeMarte, Dr. Hayes on his witness list, and he can expand that witness list right up until the last day if as and when he deems it necessary. There are millions of dollars invested, and years, he is going to pull out all the stops and leave it all on the floor. Travis Alexander's name he already cleared, now he is going to get Jodi Arias PUNISHED for the murder. At last!

Dr. Jill Hayes shut the front door on Jodi Arias and her lies
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=3viRJVuxzKOmOs5Xg4Dsuw&bvm=bv.84349003,d.aWw

I hope so. Since this is mitigation, I thought the prosecution is very limited.

I thought so...until I read her entire letter, word for word. If that letter goes back with the jurors to the deliberation room, and if they do deliberate, she will get the DP. Unless there is another psychopath on the jury.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Let's hope we're wrong.

Wolfpack and Luvrusco, there is always the chance that FJA will not get death. As I wrote in another reply, it is hard for normal caring loving people to take a life, even a criminals. That is what what she wants from the jury, to feel sorry for her, but she showed no mercy to Tracis. There are times when normal people have to make a stand against evil people like her. I hope this jury can do that. If they cannot see to send her to the death chamber, then Life without Parole is what she should get. We know the states change the laws and those on death row may never be put to death, if the law changes in AZ all those on death row would not be put to death....that is always that chance.

No matter what happens, death or life without parole, FJA will have a hard time in prison. She uses people and inmates figure that out soon,my hey already know about her. Those like her will try to out do her actions against her. There are many inmates who die in prison for one reason or another, put to death, killed, suicide or natural death. She will die in prison. I hope she never hurts another live being again. She has threatened to do that already, I know.

I pray for all those involved with this evil, that soon they will find some peace in days ahead. Yet we know she will try to continue to cause pain, she is that evil.

Thought I'd add this to keep it all together - what she told Det. Flores:

DF: Yeah.
JA: and even when things were bad between us, he was always…he would give his last…He would give his last dollar…his last whatever. He um…He was selling me his BMW, and I was actually supposed to e-mail

DF: Yeah, you mentioned that. You kind of burned it out or something.
JA: Yeah. Well, you said you found my check…in his house?

1:06:52
DF: A check…Oh yeah…the check that you gave him for a payment.
JA: Yeah. I made…Um…I guess like I…it’s just so dumb, like it seems so unimportant but I guess I need to know if that check (giggles) is going to be deposited any time soon?

1:07:07
DF: No. No. After his death it can’t be deposited. So…
JA: Really…?

DF: Yeah.
1:07:12
JA: Okay. Well, then I’ll just consider that…whatever and I’ll still owe him the full balance until they figure out what they‘re going to do. Honestly, I trashed his car and he took it so well. Um…we were trying to figure out between my lawyers and his lawyers and Prepaid Legal and the insurance and U-Haul who was going to be held liable and, you know, it didn’t matter who was held liable, the fact was, that was a debt that I promised to pay and it’s just money and it isn’t worth, you know anything so um…I mean as far as him getting any (?) tensions over so um…He would never…He never had any doubt that I would pay him back but he was trying to do what was difficult because he was trying to um…work with the insurance um…to hold U-Haul accountable over how it had all gone down. He said the engine just blew up

1:07:57
DF: Now the vehicle was still in his name, correct?
JA: Yeah. He still has the… He was going to hold the title until I paid it, the balance in full.

DF: Okay. Did you guys have a written contract or anything?
JA: I had yeah … what I did is I typed out an e-mail to him and I sent it and um…I just wrote back, “Just reply, I agree if you agree with this,” and he wrote back um…something about you didn’t say anything about you’re on your own insurance and so I said, Okay and amended that, I think, and then wrote back to him, and so that was our agreement. Our agreement was I pay him what I can each month until the balance is paid off, and I…I take care of general maintenance like oil changes and tires and things like that.

1:08:30
DF: I don’t know what’s going on with that, with his car or anything or if it’s still at the shop, but his family
JA: I think it’s sitting there collecting dust um…
DF: Yeah, his family is dealing with that because it’s still considered one of his assets and it goes in…

1:08:42
JA: Oh…
DF: you know, so…

1:08:45
JA: Yeah, and I was told, and I probably shouldn’t have done this, but I didn’t know who to get a hold of or who was doing what and I should have asked Dan first but I e-mailed his sister, Tanisha, on MySpace, and I was like, just sent her my condolences and the next paragraph I was like you know, it’s really hard but I owe Travis this amount of money and I know that at one point I’ll need to settle this debt…you know that kind of thing, but if you need to be in contact with me, this is my phone number and she didn’t get back to me and um…you know…

1:09:14
DF: Well, you know when a death occurs like this everything has got to go to probate anyway…
JA: Yeah, and I realize now but there’s a Mike Chapman the executor of his will and so I did get in touch with him yesterday and he said um…just give me all the information you have on that matter and then we’ll go from there and decide what’s going to happen.

I wonder if the PD researched the so called email contract. Why if everything else she said about *advertiser censored* came up in emails and texts why this BMW contract never surfaced. Also, if she made payments to Travis Alexander, why there never was a bank statement showing her check payments to Travis Alexander or cancelled checks showing his signature. That is because this was all a lie, Travis Alexander never sold his BMW to her. There was not contract except in her lying mind.

FJA sure asks questions or makes comments to try and get info out of the PD! How clever she thinks she is and how dumb she thinks the PD are. They were on to her right away thanks to Travis's friends and to the bloody prints, camera etc. she left behind that she thought she destroyed. This was planned for a while, not just a spur of the moment murder.

About the testing and Geffner. I reread BK notes. Maybe I missed this in the tweets, but just in case it wasn't clear to others either:

Geffner appearently had JA fill out the PSTD test twice. On the same day. The first time she listed as traumatic the killing of Travis in self defense, including being body slammed, etc.

After completing the first version Dr. G asked her to do it again, taking into account the "present time." On the second try she listed the "death of Travis," domestic violence, and being incarcerated.

I thought so...until I read her entire letter, word for word. If that letter goes back with the jurors to the deliberation room, and if they do deliberate, she will get the DP. Unless there is another psychopath on the jury.

I agree. Let's hope there isn't.

I believe, when he wasn't allowed to ask whatever he wanted to ask about Geff's test do-over, JM purposely used the old test to segway into the letter which he wanted to leave the jury with over the weekend. Genius!

Juan is the MASTER. And even if it does happen that Geff pulls out a surprise new test, in which the killer answered 'correctly'----who cares? Is the jury really going to show her any sympathy if she says her PTSD came from slaughtering TA? :no:
'

About the testing and Geffner. I reread BK notes. Maybe I missed this in the tweets, but just in case it wasn't clear to others either:

Geffner appearently had JA fill out the PSTD test twice. On the same day. The first time she listed as traumatic the killing of Travis in self defense, including being body slammed, etc.

After completing the first version Dr. G asked her to do it again, taking into account the "present time." On the second try she listed the "death of Travis," domestic violence, and being incarcerated.

LOL---is the jury going to have sympathy for her blaming Travis's death for her PTSD? That's like the Menendez brothers whining about being orphans.

Maybe Geffner wants to be done. (JMO)

You would think!

I haven't read all the comments, but read the letter. I am remembering her comments to Flores on wanting to write the family, and her concern if they knew she was in custody.

So glad Travis' family decided to give the letter to Juan. Defense should be shamed at how many ****** things they had done in this case. I can see being paid to defend someone, that is the judicial system we have....but the defense has been underhanded and devious imo. Hope this case haunts their dreams!!

As for Jodi, I think the reason for the letter was reliving the murder, like a trophy. She just changed the characters slightly. And of course to paint herself a victim and hurt the family and Travis' past love interests.

Good morning everyone.... I did not sleep well last night. I could not get this evil evil letter out of my mind. I believe that Juan did not use this letter in the first trial because he wanted to spare the family/friends/and the general public (yes us on WS). He has this great big giant heart and was hoping that what he did the first time around would be enough, as it should have been finished the first time around. But once the defense started with all these motions, secret witness's and all the name calling, he said enough is enough. They should have stopped when they had the chance, cause Juan is out for blood now (JA's blood for sure). I believe he told the family, ok lets do this, and now the tiger is out of the cage. JM is not done, by a long shot, and I hope he puts every single nail, one by one into her coffin. JA and her team needs to be reminded that they are in a court of law and this is not a game, they need to be reminded that someone's life was taken in a very brutal way, and they need to be reminded every single minute of every single day that they are responsible for all the things JM is going to say and do in court in the next couple of weeks, are all on them. Beware the sleeping BEAR you have just woke up, he is going to get you now. I am very sad for the Alexander family, and do not wish this on them, but they are fully aware of every move JM is going to make, and they will stand next to him, (not behind) and fight this fight. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Juan will show them the exit with a great big bear paw on their sorry behinds, and the sooner the better. (going back to reading again, sorry for the rant)

How much personal effects could she actually have had to warrant a UHaul rental truck to move back to Yreka? I figured all her possessions would fit in the backseat of the BMW.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I guess one can ask how many toiletries you need in a backpack for a camping trip. :facepalm:

I am not so sure that anyone will feel sorry for her this time. She has not been on the stand for 18 long days, as in first trial. And she looks a lot more like a killer now, imo. And if the jury gets that she lied about the child *advertiser censored* accusations, and lied about the abuse incidents, they will not feel sorry, they will be livid, imo.

Did Juan ever get to finish all he wanted to ask about the ninja PTSD test? It seemed like he was never able to get all the way through it, but that could just be my fog.

IMO, he is trying to hit it home that Jodi did this PTSD test around the same time she wrote the letters to everyone. Which means, lies, lies, lies and the fact she can manipulate tests. This is why Juan did not want to lie detector tests in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela