Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this link. The call-in viewers questions are really interesting. The first one especially.

I only wish this jury could see all her smirking and duper's delight. It realllly shows her "evilness" for me. Can't hide that.

I'm sure Nurmi/Willmott read the comments from the excused juror after JA's secret testimony came out, they may have decided she has to retake the stand and cry, show remorse, say something to sway the other jurors' opinions of her, because according to the dismissed juror, her story came off as self serving and not truthful. Although, the DT may have already surmised that she just can't show remorse in a believable manner and may not want JM to get ahold of her again, now that the letter to the family is out. I'm sure she wants to retake the stand though.

She did try hard to gander sympathy from Juan with her boohooing, but did not last long as she realized it was not working so well. It would be very hard for her to cow down to Juan a second time. Should be interesting.

I second the notion that she might do too well in prison as she is in the habit of giving sexual favors so easily. Has to be DP!

JM was showing Geffner JA's answers to Samuels PTSD test, noting she checked "nonsexual assault by a stranger/s" as the main trigger but obviously TA wasn't a "stranger"; therefore, JA lied on the test. That part of the back and forth seemed clear. it's what came after that's confusing ... hints of Geffner changing answers ... to old test? ... to new PTSD test he gave her but didn't provide to the prosecution? ... I think court ended for the day with Geffner under a cloud of suspicion "I know not why" (Jodi-speak).

It was the brutal assault by the Ninja chick doncha' know? LMAO.

JM was showing Geffner JA's answers to Samuels PTSD test, noting she checked "nonsexual assault by a stranger/s" as the main trigger but obviously TA wasn't a "stranger"; therefore, JA lied on the test. That part of the back and forth seemed clear. it's what came after that's confusing ... hints of Geffner changing answers ... to old test? ... to new PTSD test he gave her but didn't provide to the prosecution? ... I think court ended for the day with Geffner under a cloud of suspicion "I know not why" (Jodi-speak).

I could be mistaken, but I thought the 'nonsexual assault by a stranger' was in reference to the 'ninjas' attacking her. Which was a lie, which made the test invalid.

I don't see a toenail. I see a dark-colored sock.

I have analyzed this photo again and again since day 6 of the trial in 2013. These images are such poor quality it's futile trying to see details. I see stitching on that hem, surely a bare foot would not be impossible to see—yet we see different things. It's like a Rorschach ink blot. I'm sorry I'm repetitive. I won't keep posting this opinion after this. You and I must agree to disagree on the photos, geevee, but I heart you just the same.

I heart you too DD, sure wish you could see what I see, the foot moving left to right and then going up, I think it's what hits the camera and makes it take the picture. But I won't persist either, I hope one day the originals are released and we can see all the detail in them.

Hope this is OK to post, if not LambChop please delete.
http://aboutjodiariasandhersupporters.blogspot.ca/2015/01/by-edie-morse.html
I don't know either. There seems to be a media blackout on this Omnibus Hearing. A FB pal posted that Judge Kreamer vacated the February 6th Oral Argument, and thus, here we sit nearing the end of January 2015, and these dates for the Omnibus Hearing have been posted on *advertiser censored*'s AZ Maricopa County Superior Court Docket:--

* 4/24/2015 - 13:30 - Status Conference
* 5/8/2015 - 13:30 - Oral Argument

I still don't think all of the jurors will vote for the death penalty. I'm afraid that at least one person will feel sorry for Jodi.

The others can rub his aging nose in the autopsy photos, slip his reading glasses on him, and paste her stupid 'I'm a coward for not trying hard enough to fight off the ninjas' letter to his bald head.

Maybe then he'll figure it out.

jodi-arias-bill-zervakos-wide.png

But I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. :innocent:

Unless I'm still misreading it...

14:34 The jury is excused for 5 to 10 minutes
14:39 Geffner admits he had JA fill out the test twice
14:42 The jury is brought back in
14:47 Geffner refuses to answer because the test is copyrighted

I don't see anything in BK's notes indicating that he testified in front of the jury that he had her re-take the test after coaching her about "the present time and DV in general."

Thank you. I don't have Beth Karas and that part was hard to follow yesterday.

How much personal effects could she actually have had to warrant a UHaul rental truck to move back to Yreka? I figured all her possessions would fit in the backseat of the BMW.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

In his interview with Det. Flores Bill said that it was all crap. Sandy said she told her to leave it and get new, and I think that is when Jodi kicked her, and Sandy got back on a plane back to Yreka.

I thought all she had would of fit in there also. I guess maybe the futon that someone gave her? and she talks about all her books and art that Travis let her store there. I wonder what all Jodi brought with her when she moved to Mesa? and did she think she'd wear Travis down and he'd marry her? She was still trying in the sex cell phone call. Jodi told Det. Flores about someone handing her affairs and that they lived a long way from there. Would that be MM? When Joid was arrested she had boxes of books that she said were for MM.

Now I have a big question. When did Jodi move to Big Sur in a snap decision when they broke up? They "broke up" June 29. 2007 ,according to the word of Jodi, she was in Palm Desert on July 27th and then she wrote that she was in Mesa and htat was where she was going to live, and on August 2,2007 she was watching movies at the Freemans.

I guess maybe Jodi is trying to distance herself from running back to Mesa right away?

I only wish this jury could see all her smirking and duper's delight. It realllly shows her "evilness" for me. Can't hide that.

They may have not seen the smirks, but this last day of trial, with her wearing such a top and the smiling at the jury area as if she was flirting, I am sure that did not go unnoticed. A change from the days before with the glasses and poor me look. I am sure the jury people did notice this but I don't know if her team did. It may have even been suggested by one of them as a ploy to get a jury member kicked off.

Hope this is OK to post, if not LambChop please delete.
http://aboutjodiariasandhersupporters.blogspot.ca/2015/01/by-edie-morse.html
I don't know either. There seems to be a media blackout on this Omnibus Hearing. A FB pal posted that Judge Kreamer vacated the February 6th Oral Argument, and thus, here we sit nearing the end of January 2015, and these dates for the Omnibus Hearing have been posted on *advertiser censored*'s AZ Maricopa County Superior Court Docket:--

* 4/24/2015 - 13:30 - Status Conference
* 5/8/2015 - 13:30 - Oral Argument

I am guessing the Defense filed this motion. Does anyone know what it is for or have a link where I can read. I did read the above link, but I want to know what it is for. Thank you

It was the brutal assault by the Ninja chick doncha' know? LMAO.

What happened to the' I had a knife held to my throat by a neighborhood kid when she was twelve or thirteen?" story she told Samuels about ? I thought that was the first shrinking of her hippocrapous brain thingy. The first fog that went through ages 12 to 14. And then there is that second one 15 - 17 that she suffered.

Some believe after this letter that she is done and JM can just close his case. I don't want him to do that. I want this second jury to know every single detail, every word she has spoken, every sick thing she has done. I don't want there to be any doubt in her mind or in the minds of her sicko friends that she is getting the DP for a reason. I hope the court house and the streets are filled with people who stand up and cheer for Travis that day.
BBM

ETA: and another thing....I want someone to remind Zervakos every day for the rest of his sorry life that Travis's family has had to endure more suffering because of him!

I came across this video the other day, taken two days after the guilty verdict, of Travis' house and neighborhood. I found it extremely poignant - so terribly sad, but heartwarming - to see many of his neighbors have blue ribbons and "Justice for Travis" signs in their yards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkX3iqm7JD0

(Incidentally, the person who shot the video is respectful, with just a couple of drive bys at more or less normal speed and not lingering. After that, most of the video is driving the route Arias most likely took, after the murder.)

ETA: I see there's a park across the street with a gazebo - great place for Arias to hide and watch his house.

Psychopaths adapt too well to incarceration. I want her to get death to limit her contact, movement, and involvement with others as much as possible. I've said this before but there are some extremely damaged souls in prison, for non-violent crimes, who would be extremely vulnerable to her. Not only would I worry she may hurt them or their families, but also that she'd be able to employ them as abuse proxies. I can totally see her befriending someone about to be released on a minor drug charge to terrorize the Alexanders...or even her own friends and family.

Hardly humanitarian of me, but I strongly believe she is one person who should never, ever have access to anyone again who doesn't have extensive experience dealing with a psychopath. The best we can get is to have her locked up for 23 hours a day though.

Totally agree.

Thank you and others so much to help those of us that are unfamiliar with the likes of a JA. It is so difficult for a lot of us as we cannot understand or even believe some of the things she does.

I agree and want her to get the DP mainly for the restrictions she would have as compared to general population. She will most likely never be executed but that is not the point of the DP for me. The main point of the sentence for me is to restrict her more and protect other prisoners. I feel it would help prevent her from being able to do more damage to the Alexanders and other people if she has more restrictions. Hopefully if she gets the DP she will not be able to communicate so freely on the internet and snail mail and do her damage that way as she is currently doing right during her own trial.

This trial fascinates me because we seldom see the likes of a JA. She is in a small unique group of incredibly evil people that has no limits on the damage she will continue to try to do. Bars and cell doors dont matter to her. She will take whatever little leverage is afforded her and cause whatever damage she can. She thrives on it. The only way to help minimize it is to give her the strongest possible sentence allowed. DP by name only for its restrictions because we all know that AZ is not like Texas and will most likely never carry out the sentence she deserves. But it will serve a great other purpose.

Thank you so much for helping us learn about her. As the recent details of the letter she sent to Travis parents has now been known, we think to ourselves that nobody can be that evil and inconsiderate to do such a thing. Well, by educating ourselves and learning about her, we realize yes she can and will do exactly that sort of thing. And she will do it over and over again if we give her the chance. We cannot let that happen and we must restrict her in the only way the court system can. With the strongest sentence allowable. DP.

What about the part where she says that "whoever did this came prepared?"

Agreed, she will stalk the Alexanders relentlessly, by proxy. I regard her letter to the family as a stalking behaviour. It served no other purpose, IMO.

I predict, once again, that if she is ever in general population, she will fixate on another inmate, perceived lover or real, and will eventually kill or be killed.

BBM - Exactly! I wish that Juan could clearly state those words vs. having the jury "get it" on their own,

She recorded the sex tape, her brother admitted, to send to Travis' love interests. This is why she was trying to get him to say on the tape Mormon girls were a bore. It was blackmail. I believe she told him she had the tape and THAT is why in that fatal last argument she mentions she'd call her lawyer. I think he told her taping that without his consent was illegal. I'm just speculating, but whatever it was....it was a line in the sand. STILL, she had delusions she could get Travis into her web
I've heard people say Jodi intended to send the sex tape to Travis' Bishop to blackmail him, but I hadn't considered Jodi sending it to any of Travis' potential girlfriends (and I don't know why I hadn't considered that because that really is part and parcel for her).

But either way, in what world does a person think blackmailing someone would endear yourself to them? "Yeah, I know he's just not in to me, but if I secretly record an x-rated conversation and threaten to expose him, I just know he'll love me then". Who thinks like that?

Another example of Jodi being quick on her feet is her telling Travis she hired a lawyer after he told her that recording a phone conversation is illegal. She really is quick and nimble. Like ninja!

Thanks for your post, Zoey. I'm going to buy the Hughes' book for sure.

I don't know if those on smaller devices can see the detail but look just above the blue arrows on this screen grab I took of Flores' courtroom monitor when 5:32:16 was up, you can see her bare foot, moving from left to right or right to left, on the bottom left edge of the monitor you can even make out a darkened (polished or bloody) toenail.

View attachment 68068

I used to see a black sock towards the bigger right arrow, now I see 2 toes, both cut near the 2 left arrows. It appears to me, as if her foot is pointed towards the lens and not sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89