Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the jury has been paying attention, I doubt they'll be discussing whatever happened sexually between JA and Travis much, if at all. It always was simply an extremely offensive sideshow intended to slime Travis, nothing else.

But if they do go there, now they have a view of what was normal for Travis. One woman he wanted very much to marry. Expressions of devotion. No sex talk in letters or we would have been subjected to listening to it, line by line.

YEARS of a devoted relationship before there was sexual contact of any kind. Sexual intercourse ONCE. A year of sexual contact that consisted of oral sex and likely grinding. Then nothing after confession.

All the "kinky" stuff? Didn't happen before JA. One more of Deanna's contributions.

On those photos, way to go Deanna! She radiates equanimity.

Is JM preparing to BOOM? He looks quite pleased with himself!

I was thinking the same thing MeeBee- an insinuation that he could move and "clear the slate" and no one at the new ward would be the wiser. Ha, even before the internet that would be ridiculous. This church is SO interconnected everywhere- its a model for communication. Those pioneer's stick together!

maybe Travis was advised to move so the temptation was far away? Deanna may have been told the same thing, but Travis , being the gentleman, moved so Deanna would not have to start over.

We both know that there plenty of rigid & judgemental folks out there, religious and otherwise, who don't focus so very much on the forgiving and redemption part of the program.

So worse case, one juror is that AND a Mormon. If so, she/he is likely not to like Travis very much. From that POV, he not only violated his vows but is responsible for dragging the Church and many members through the mud, including an elder Bishop, forced to testify about child *advertiser censored* in public. Baaaaaaad.

On the other hand if there is such a juror, she/he is going to be hard pressed to rationalize any of JA's behavior. And I should think that an exceptionally judgemental juror would be especially offended by JA's lack of remorse.

So....not worried.

I think there is something that non Christians and non Mormons aren't getting so I hope I can make the point for them. If there is ANY individual on earth who can recognize the sin of the person, hate it but still forgive and love them, it is a Christian. I am guessing that Mormons refer to themselves as Christians, I really do not know. We are not so judgmental and rigid as you might believe. All of us came from somewhere. All of us sin every single day! If we love Jesus, we also love that guy who hates us. You don't just love those that love you.

I am able now to recognize that Travis did some things that some would say are sinning. But Jesus would forgive him a thousand times, only by him asking forgiveness. And I certainly believe he was good and decent and had many qualities. I truly believe no Mormon is judging him right now. Listen to his friends who are Mormon. And even his Bishop wasn't there yesterday to condemn him.

I truly believe the persons on the jury who are asking the questions, if they are Mormon, are only doing so for clarification, to make sure they get it right. That's a good thing.

IMO, if John Smith was Mark McGee, the press would have been all over it as they would have recognized him from all his pics. FWIW, IMO John Smith was a former hacker that now works in high level security for corporations. Kinda like it takes one to know one. IMO

Great thought! Since the DT already knew they were going to present super secret testimony from Witness # 1, maybe they instructed Mr Neumeister not to say his name in open court. :thinking:

In any other trial, this theory would be laughed at as a cray-cray conspiracy theory. In this courtroom, it makes perfect sense. Why else would a plain old 'computer guy' be allowed to remain anonymous! On the other hand, if it is true, there is absolutely no excuse for JSS agreeing to conceal this connection. None at all. IMO.

Yesterday was wonderful, excepting Deanna's torture. I can't help thinking how brilliant Juan's strategy was, to introduce the magazine codes again, seemingly to undermine Geff's credibility, when in actual fact he was deliberately leaving the jurors with the impression that it was Arias controlling W1. Brilliant!

We know TA's May 26, 2008, dx of the killer:

View attachment 68424

How is it that we still don't know the reason Travis sent this email or txt to Jodi? Just like "You are the worst thing that has ever happened to me."

They emailed and texted like crazy. Why isn't the details in writing somewhere? I know we speculate what she did or was going to do but wouldn't it have been great if the reason for him turning on her was in writing?

This email must have really pissed her off. Of course we know what happened next. There was a break in at her grandfather's house within days of this correspondence and a gun was stolen.

Something is just wrong with her whole face. Her jaw/mouth/lips. I don't know what it is but I really don't find her attractive at all, then or now.

I have the same reaction. I find her looks repellent.

Not astigmatism: I have that and it doesn't make my eyes look in different directions. She is cross-eyed or has strabismus or something. It's probably exacerbated by looking in the mirror at herself overly much, especially in profile. Usually this can be corrected, at least somewhat. I'll bet she was too vain to undergo the treatment.

My daughter had a lazy eye, showed up around four years old. Wore a patch for a month then went glasses. She wore them until she was in the second grade and it was corrected. If Jodi did was there anything done about it? There are photo's of Jodi when she around three and you can see it, then at age eleven, when she's holding Angela after she is born. It's more noticeable when she's tired.

Hi Hope,
i think the one Mormon on the jury is the young man and he said he could vote for the DP when warranted. Isn't that right? In any case, I do feel there is one Mormom on the jury who asked Deanna all the questions for clarification only, just to be sure Deanna knew her stuff and was honest. She was and I feel that juror will vote for the death penalty. I thought the questions to Deanna were very invasive of her personal life but I thought they were for clarification and that the person(s) asking the questions will definitely vote for the DP.

As for the entire jury, they have all the evidence proven to give her the DP. if they do not, it is because of their personal feeling toward the DP. They are human after all and humans sometimes fail.

I contacted BK because I had a small problem with my registration and PayPal. I think it is taken care of. But FYI, she told me that JSS has another death penalty case immediately after the Arias case. Can you imagine?? JSS is so far in the weeds with this one. Wow. I imagine the attorneys are learning how to use JSS to their advantage by watching JA/KN/JW/MDLR making a mockery of this courtroom.

Know what the case is?

From AZ Central:

Mark Henle/The Republic

635581240221622272-phxdc5-6izkpmk6o4j12p7f8hk-original.jpg

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Prosecutor Juan Martinez with an audio CD during the sentencing phase retrial of Jodi Arias at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix on Jan. 28, 2015.

Mark Henle/The Republic

635581240335191728-phxdc5-6izkpxxxgs7xwea2hk-original.jpg

What a 'cat ate the canary' chuckle!

Re: affidavit - is there anywhere to read the affidavit on line? TIA

ETA: I thought you were talking about JW's question when I answered....now I think you were asking about the juror question. So my answer makes no sense. Sorry....:blushing:

MeeBee, I couldn't figure out the line of questioning either. My best guess is that JW wants to portray DR as a liar. That is the only chance she has of getting the jury to believe DR over Secret Witness 1's affidavit. She couldn't get her on the "you lied in your interview" business so my guess is she wanted to catch DR in any lie she possibly could. So she asked about the workings of a temple recommend (do they transfer?) in hopes of tripping DR up on the workings of Mormonism, and tried to trip her up on whether Travis told his new bishop about it (because honestly, DR probably didn't know the answer to the question and JW was hoping she would answer "yes" or "no" rather than "I don't know" and catch her in a lie).

I know others were asking about the temple recommend and how it affects your life. I am not a Mormon but my best understanding of the recommend is that without one, you cannot go into a Mormon Temple, which isn't the same thing as a Mormon "church". For example when I lived in VA we had a Mormon "church" (not sure whether they are called "church" or something else) in our town which functioned the same way as any other Christian church (service on Sunday, events during the week). The Temple was the big fancy building that was right outside of Washington, DC. If you lose your temple recommend I understand you could still go to events at the "church", regular worship, ward events, singles events, etc. you just could not go to any events at the Temple. And from the one Mormon family I knew, being able to go to the Temple was a huge deal. Their children were married there, which means they were deemed "worthy" and so were the spouses. To be of age and not have a temple recommend was, to them, sort of the equivalent of a modern day scarlet letter and a real stigma.

From AZ Central:
http://www.azcentral.com/picture-ga...0/21/jodi-arias-trial-penalty-phase/15691619/

Deanna looks :great:

Defense Jennifer Willmott (left) questions Deanna Reid during the sentencing phase retrial of Jodi Arias at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix on Jan. 28, 2015.

Mark Henle/The Republic

635581240221622272-phxdc5-6izkpmk6o4j12p7f8hk-original.jpg

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Prosecutor Juan Martinez with an audio CD during the sentencing phase retrial of Jodi Arias at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix on Jan. 28, 2015.

Mark Henle/The Republic

635581240335191728-phxdc5-6izkpxxxgs7xwea2hk-original.jpg

Juan looks so very, very good in this picture!
Certified Juanette!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members