Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying he would I'm trying to figure out what the question was getting at.

I was thinking the same thing MeeBee- an insinuation that he could move and "clear the slate" and no one at the new ward would be the wiser. Ha, even before the internet that would be ridiculous. This church is SO interconnected everywhere- its a model for communication. Those pioneer's stick together!

Ok. Here is my completely random thought for the day. I hope it doesn't sound too out there like some of the ideas posted on the JA support page.

We had Neumeister say that he, "Tony", and Computer Guy #3 looked at Travis' hard drive and founds tons of *advertiser censored*. Neumeister refused to name Computer Guy #3 in court and would only write his name down on a piece of paper to hand to Juan. If I recall correctly, we figured out that Sue D. Nihm was neither Tony nor Computer Guy #3.

We know that Secret Witness #1 (coughMarcMcGeecough) worked in computers.

Does anyone think that perhaps Computer Guy #3 is really Marc McGee? :escape:

Great thought! Since the DT already knew they were going to present super secret testimony from Witness # 1, maybe they instructed Mr Neumeister not to say his name in open court. :thinking:

So what's the vibe? Is she going to wriggle out?

She might but only because the jury mistakes pure evil for mental illness. She'll get the DP either way IMO. It'll just depend on whether the executioner is hired by the state or is an inmate of the state.

I don't understand either. I've thought all along that this jury would vote DP, and after yesterday I'm even more sure. Some over there think not because they believe Nurmi has succeeded in humanizing her. Gotta say that one doesn't fly for me at all.

I know one identifiable Mormon was stricken during voire dire, but some Mormon posters here and on BK seem convinced there is at least one Mormon on the jury. Say that is true. It's a pretty big (and imo insulting ) assumption that a Mormon would be more likely to spare her the DP because Travis broke chastity vows.

As pointed out here, murder ranks higher on the Mormon list of sins than does breaking chastity vows. She's demonstrably a murderer, a liar, unchaste, and the bearer of false witness. That a Mormon juror would condemn the victim and feel pity for the likes of JA simply because they are Mormon also doesn't fly either.

Last, I think that even if there is one honest holdout, eleven other jurors with strong feelings on the matter will be able to persuade that one to vote DP.

Hi Hope,
i think the one Mormon on the jury is the young man and he said he could vote for the DP when warranted. Isn't that right? In any case, I do feel there is one Mormom on the jury who asked Deanna all the questions for clarification only, just to be sure Deanna knew her stuff and was honest. She was and I feel that juror will vote for the death penalty. I thought the questions to Deanna were very invasive of her personal life but I thought they were for clarification and that the person(s) asking the questions will definitely vote for the DP.

As for the entire jury, they have all the evidence proven to give her the DP. if they do not, it is because of their personal feeling toward the DP. They are human after all and humans sometimes fail.

I contacted BK because I had a small problem with my registration and PayPal. I think it is taken care of. But FYI, she told me that JSS has another death penalty case immediately after the Arias case. Can you imagine?? JSS is so far in the weeds with this one. Wow. I imagine the attorneys are learning how to use JSS to their advantage by watching JA/KN/JW/MDLR making a mockery of this courtroom.

Court doc filed Oct. 22, 2013 by JA to remove Nurmi. It's like a peek into the mind of a mad woman.

http://wildabouttrial.com/court_docs/jodi-arias-nurmi-motion.pdf

I must admit the bit about Nurmi having selective memory made me laugh, figures that J.a would know all about that!

That document is totally a toys out of the pram moment from JA, Nurmi's comment of nine out of ten days I don't like her is the most truthful thing anyone from the DT said during the trial!

I would so love to be a little itty bitty fly on the wall in the jurors room once they get the greenlight to talk...:D

When the time comes, can we join ya. I've got a good idea of how to do it stealth :biggrin:

flies_on_the_wall_sepia_bugs_square_wallclock-rd7f7bf5c3e324009bb0752f847d1dc63_fup1y_8byvr_512.jpg

In a way Bishop Parker kind of reinforced the idea that Mormans were as human as other Christians by talking about how Jake had been living with him and did actually see the *advertiser censored* whether by searching for it or through a virus.

The points Juan made through him were great, IMO.

He was willing to come and testify for TA, even though TA had lost his TR at one point.

He said those that lost their TR spent more time in discussion with the Bishop etc. as if it was a helpful effort to bring a lost lamb back into the fold.

To me, it was another brilliant move by the Juan to not only completely destroy witless1, but to show that even though DR and TA had sex, they were human and forgiven in the eyes of God.

Just seems like that juror was thinking the only reason Travis confessed to his bishop was because Deanna confessed and once he did he moved away. And if that's what he thinks (not me, the juror) I say, who cares? What does it matter how or why or when they confessed? Idk.

Good thought: now I see where you were going...

BBM: I was just thinking that lol. I was just imagining that juror going in with that arguemnt and the other jurors going who gives a s***?!

I think it would have to take a religious person or just a very judgmental person in general to care about that. I am not religious and it is really of no concern to me how someone chooses to go about their religion. Obviously, that is not the reason Travis moved but even if it was SO WHAT? Who was he hurting? Does that really bolster the master manipulator, Jekyll and Hyde claim? T42 made a good point yesterday that Mormonism and Christianity are about failing and getting back up again. Repentance. Forgiveness. No one is perfect and Travis certainly wasn't the perfect little Mormon. It really doesn't matter.

We both know that there plenty of rigid & judgemental folks out there, religious and otherwise, who don't focus so very much on the forgiving and redemption part of the program.

So worse case, one juror is that AND a Mormon. If so, she/he is likely not to like Travis very much. From that POV, he not only violated his vows but is responsible for dragging the Church and many members through the mud, including an elder Bishop, forced to testify about child *advertiser censored* in public. Baaaaaaad.

On the other hand if there is such a juror, she/he is going to be hard pressed to rationalize any of JA's behavior. And I should think that an exceptionally judgemental juror would be especially offended by JA's lack of remorse.

So....not worried.

Something is just wrong with her whole face. Her jaw/mouth/lips. I don't know what it is but I really don't find her attractive at all, then or now.

BBM

Her face issues are what the technology industry terms 'operator error'.

Hi Hope,
i think the one Mormon on the jury is the young man and he said he could vote for the DP when warranted. Isn't that right? In any case, I do feel there is one Mormom on the jury who asked Deanna all the questions for clarification only, just to be sure Deanna knew her stuff and was honest. She was and I feel that juror will vote for the death penalty. I thought the questions to Deanna were very invasive of her personal life but I thought they were for clarification and that the person(s) asking the questions will definitely vote for the DP.

As for the entire jury, they have all the evidence proven to give her the DP. if they do not, it is because of their personal feeling toward the DP. They are human after all and humans sometimes fail.

I contacted BK because I had a small problem with my registration and PayPal. I think it is taken care of. But FYI, she told me that JSS has another death penalty case immediately after the Arias case. Can you imagine?? JSS is so far in the weeds with this one. Wow. I imagine the attorneys are learning how to use JSS to their advantage by watching JA/KN/JW/MDLR making a mockery of this courtroom.

No, that young man did not make it through jury selections, I remember very clearly. There might be another Mormon on the jury but the guy you're talking about was stricken.

In a way Bishop Parker kind of reinforced the idea that Mormans were as human as other Christians by talking about how Jake had been living with him and did actually see the *advertiser censored* whether by searching for it or through a virus.

The points Juan made through him were great, IMO.

He was willing to come and testify for TA, even though TA had lost his TR at one point.

He said those that lost their TR spent more time in discussion with the Bishop etc. as if it was a helpful effort to bring a lost lamb back into the fold.

To me, it was another brilliant move by the Juan to not only completely destroy witless1, but to show that even though DR and TA had sex, they were human and forgiven in the eyes of God.

Exactly. They are busy taking Travis to task for his sexual indiscretions and here we are learning that this is a normal thing. Normal people mess up but they keep trying.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Checking in for updates ...

So, court is on break until after the SuperBowl :gaah:

IF this case would have been managed properly by JSS, this re-trial would have been finished December 18, 2014 or maybe early to mid January 2015, and the SuperBowl would not be an issue ...

:moo:

Maybe many people are keeping their minds open to the possibility she "might" not get the death penalty. I am looking at it both ways. Hoping she gets DP but accepting she might get life. I wish I prepared myself for that type of thinking with the Casey Anthony trial. It took the wind right out of me.

Still does.

Casey Anthony was an aberration. That verdict not only stunned me but depressed me for days. It wasn't just because Caylee was a toddler, but because her very own mother didn't even report her missing. When mothers kill, they usually make up a story but report their child as missing. Casey didn't even bother. Casey could lie on the fly, just make up a story and add to it as she went along, and with a straight face. No fear. I was appalled. I vowed to never watch another trial. Caseys parents both saddened me and made me angry. Some grandparents they were!! Oh well.

Then along came Jodi. Heck, not knowing the facts beforehand, I even figured she must have had a good reason. It never occurred to me, uh oh, we have another psycho walking about. This girl has no redeeming values, no moral character, nothing inside her. I have decided like you, not to bet that the DP is a sure thing. But if anyone ever deserved it.....

From AZ Central:
http://www.azcentral.com/picture-ga...0/21/jodi-arias-trial-penalty-phase/15691619/

Deanna looks :great:

Defense Jennifer Willmott (left) questions Deanna Reid during the sentencing phase retrial of Jodi Arias at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix on Jan. 28, 2015.

Mark Henle/The Republic

635581240221622272-phxdc5-6izkpmk6o4j12p7f8hk-original.jpg

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Prosecutor Juan Martinez with an audio CD during the sentencing phase retrial of Jodi Arias at Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix on Jan. 28, 2015.

Mark Henle/The Republic

635581240335191728-phxdc5-6izkpxxxgs7xwea2hk-original.jpg

During the juror questions I kept wondering if a Mormon was on the jury and the questions were asked not necessarily because he/she needed to hear her answers but because they wanted their fellow jurors to hear them. Remember at this point they can't discuss this between themselves but he/she could've been thinking ahead to the deliberations when it would be too late for the other jurors to ask the questions. I'm not sure it that makes sense to anyone :thinking:

Additionally, I would be one to be asking questions if the area was in my field of expertise. Reason: I might be an alternate and I would want to ensure that the other jurors understood in more depth my concerns - that would be my way of ensuring that some of my input and "outing" of information/relevance was done in case I was kicked to being an alternate.

We both know that there plenty of rigid & judgemental folks out there, religious and otherwise, who don't focus so very much on the forgiving and redemption part of the program.

So worse case, one juror is that AND a Mormon. If so, she/he is likely not to like Travis very much. From that POV, he not only violated his vows but is responsible for dragging the Church and many members through the mud, including an elder Bishop, forced to testify about child *advertiser censored* in public. Baaaaaaad.

It's pretty clear that JA and her partners are the ones dragging the Mormon church through the mud. None of this was caused by TA: this will be obvious from the simple fact that the Bishop speaks for the Prosecution, which is "TA's team".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member