Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it different from others. I took it as Jodi *thinks* she is winning as she is doing all the things she said she would do...destroy/delay/cause havoc as the socio/phycho wanted. Her motives are not winning the *end*...but leaving a trail of control and destruction along the way...just as she had promised.

:moo:

ETA: I see that paintr said pretty much the same 4 posts above me.

Thing is, the massive destruction she thinks she's causing is another of her grandiose delusions. Her lies don't have the power to change anything, other than the votes of jurors who might otherwise have voted for LWOP.

If she had expressed insincere remorse and offered her hair forever, she'd at least have kept her Big Lie uncovered. Besides most likely earning the DP, her twisted campaign to humiliate everyone she hates has only served to strip away her foundational lie that Travis ever thought her worthy. He didn't. Their relationship only existed in her own twisted mind.

She murdered him to keep him from telling the truth about her. Now she's ensured that everyone who is still paying attention knows that truth.

Yes, she's put those who loved Travis through hell. All of them, though, from the very beginning , have been clear that the DP is the justice they seek, and that they were willing to endure the evil they all knew her to be capable of if that's what it took.

In every sense of the word, JA has lost. She just hasn't realized it yet.

Additionally, I would be one to be asking questions if the area was in my field of expertise. Reason: I might be an alternate and I would want to ensure that the other jurors understood in more depth my concerns - that would be my way of ensuring that some of my input and "outing" of information/relevance was done in case I was kicked to being an alternate.

Catching up.

Just wanted to highlight this excellent post from earlier.
Very good point. The mormon Juror(s) may have been trying to be sure the other jurors got confirmation on some things in case he/she becomes an alternate.

Remember with AZ court procedures the alternates are not known until right before they go to deliberate so none of them know if they will be chosen or not. Which is a great way to do it so they all pay attention. I like AZ methods and like the fact they can ask questions.

Likewise, some of the other juror questions could be along the same line. Some of the jurors may be asking questions just to get their points out to the rest of the jurors. In case they are chosen to be an alternate.

Even in the captions on her pics she gives herself away, IMO.

On one she refers to herself as the girl with the insatiable appetite and on another she references her year round tan suggesting you take a closer look at her body.

She really thought she WAS a goddess and could get anything she wanted through sex.

What a biotch!!

Wow--that makes a lot of sense! CMJA probably threatened to expose him to the Bishop and that is what caused Travis' heated response to her.

Still don't know if TA had already lost his TR in 2008. Though even if he had already, maybe a threat of exposure would have been bad because it would indicate a lack of remorse or whatever? Don't know how that works.

If the jury has been paying attention, I doubt they'll be discussing whatever happened sexually between JA and Travis much, if at all. It always was simply an extremely offensive sideshow intended to slime Travis, nothing else.

But if they do go there, now they have a view of what was normal for Travis. One woman he wanted very much to marry. Expressions of devotion. No sex talk in letters or we would have been subjected to listening to it, line by line.

YEARS of a devoted relationship before there was sexual contact of any kind. Sexual intercourse ONCE. A year of sexual contact that consisted of oral sex and likely grinding. Then nothing after confession.

All the "kinky" stuff? Didn't happen before JA. One more of Deanna's contributions.

And on top of that, how much "kinky" stuff was there really? The state proved that all the kiddie *advertiser censored* and DR assault business was just a complete lie. I'd think some jurors are presuming all the rest of the defense case is a lie too, which would be accurate. They're going to start wondering if JA rewrote journals (thanks JW!), faked calls/emails/msgs, etc.

I think BK has said that Nurmi is doing a good job....so, I guess a lot of her followers agree.

So many times I have seen journalists cozy up to defense just to get exclusives or information, it just makes me uncomfortable. I know it's just a job, but jeez...I could not do it.

I'd like to see Jodi throw her defense under the table in her allocution by saying she is really remorseful over what happened, she went batchit crazy because she really loved Travis, and it was all her lawyer's strategy to trash Travis' memory, and she was just honestly answering her lawyer's questions, and had no control over what they brought up and she is really sad over how the trial has gone......she sends love to Travis' family and asks for forgiveness, especially how her defense has treated the memory of Travis.....etc, etc, etc.

Just for good measure.
[belch]

I think BK has said that Nurmi is doing a good job....so, I guess a lot of her followers agree.

Does she just make that statement...or does she clarify how he is doing a good job?

I think he has done a good job on specific things, mostly that he is doing anything at all involved in a case he clearly does not want and has not wanted to be involved in for a very long time. However, as a whole, I think Nurmi's performance in this mitigation phase is really off the wall as I see little to no actual mitigation being presented. His hands may be tied by what the killer demands he do but still there is nothing that indicates that he is doing a good job.

I would really be interested in how BK sees Nurmi as doing a good job with this retrial.

Does she just make that statement...or does she clarify how he is doing a good job?

I think he has done a good job on specific things, mostly that he is doing anything at all involved in a case he clearly does not want and has not wanted to be involved in for a very long time. However, as a whole, I think Nurmi's performance in this mitigation phase is really off the wall as I see little to no actual mitigation being presented. His hands may be tied by what the killer demands he do but still there is nothing that indicates that he is doing a good job.

I would really be interested in how BK sees Nurmi as doing a good job with this retrial.

I think he's doing a fantastic job of letting his client hang herself. Pun intended.

MOO

FWIW......I read there (don't watch her videos) and haven't seen her express that opinion of Nurmi.

The questions to DR also bothered me because they had nothing to do with the lying statement giving by that MM creep. they were about the religious aspects of her faith and sex questions. So I believe someone on that jury is a stealth juror and is trying to get information to use at deliberation. One of the former jurors on the first trial said one of them submitted a lot of questions and a lot of them didn't submit any. They cant talk to each other so these bad questions could be coming from only one juror. The former juror said you can submit as many as you want, no limit per juror.

I would be curious to get specifics also.

All JMO, and I dont have her site so I havent followed.

I really like Beth as a person but sometimes I think she throws out general analysis comments without thinking them through all the way. We as a spectator are forced to pick apart whatever little nugget we can because we cannot see this trial. And so when Beth indicates the Defense is doing a good job, I think she maybe meaning something entirely different.

Like maybe she really meant they are trying everything under the sun to get JA a break somehow. Which we can all agree that the DT sure has tried everything under the sun. I cant hardly believe that Beth would agree with some of the sleazy tactics the DT used and if she does then I would wonder more.

Ive seen a lot of general off the cuff comments from Beth that give me pause and I just wonder if she is more casual sometimes with her statements than what she realizes.

I think she also likes to stay neutral or at least give the Defense a good accounting in cases. So sometimes I feel she purposely makes her comments lean to the defense to give them a fair shake.

Anyway without knowing more of what she really meant, I tend to treat these kinds of things as just general opinions that are given quickly without over analyzing her comments.

When she gets down to the nitty gritty it usually is obvious and she offers an expansion on things. That is where I like to pay more attention to what she is saying. But a general comment like DT is doing good job, i kind of let it roll off my sleave because I am not certain she really meant it the way it came out.

Nurmi might be doing a good job, but Juan is doing an even better job. :)

Travis moved to Mesa in 2004 and didn't lose his temple recommend until 2005 per the tweets, so I don't see how a juror would have been thinking he moved to avoid the temple recommend loss "following" him to a new home.

Travis moved to Mesa in 2004 and didn't lose his temple recommend until 2005 per the tweets, so I don't see how a juror would have been thinking he moved to avoid the temple recommend loss "following" him to a new home.

I think he lost it for a year after he went to the bishop in 2005 after he and Deanna had sex. So he got it back in 2006. Not sure if he ever lost it again

Right AZL. But, did he lose it again in 2008? Or is that just rumour?

You mentioned the captions on her pics, but I don't see any captions on the pics I access from the link given. Is there a way to change that?
What a biotch!![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member