Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting, thanks! I'd be really interested to hear YOUR impressions of Walkman juror. How many more days will you be going to court?

Just because Walkman isolates himself in public doesn't mean he's like that in the jury room. Nor does it mean that he'll arrive at a different conclusion than the others or hold out.....

From what you've tweeted so far, I'd trust your take over Sanders. :). And that the media folk think not DP? Pffft.

will do.

Anyone know how I can get a job with a media outlet doing this? Dream job.

Sick, childish joke IMO. I wonder how the women felt.
As Travis sent the message to two of his own female friends, presumably familiar with his sense of humor, I'd guess they took it for the joke it was. Maybe not to everyone's taste, as humor goes, and yes, perhaps childish, but hardly (imo) what I'd call "sick".

my snip of post...

So, in my humble opinion, she went to Costa Rica as an exchange student just like I went to Venus to mine golden marshmallows in the Popdiddly Mountains. :gaah:

:ufo: coming to pick you up for your ride back to Venus!

:laughing:

Does anyone know why Travis, or well, any other young Mormons had brief stays at Bishop Parker's home? I know absolutely nothing about the Mormon religion but I know there are a few Mormon posters on here who might know the answer. IMO, it probably has something to do with locales and teachings, studies. It isn't really important, I am just curious.

Oooh! I like that idea! The blog feature here on Websleuths is easy to use and we'll know where to find your posts, Ziggy. You won't get lost in the threads. I would have missed your earlier post had someone (Hatfield?) not quoted it. Consider a WS blog?

ETA: I totally understand if you don't. I think I remember KCL getting really burned out doing the verified insider thing. No demands; it's really nice of you to share with us what you already have.

Sure I will try a blog. Will be easier with my laptop next week. I can update it during recess since I usually stay in the courtroom anyway.

Ziggy, thanks for all your great posts. I love reading the information. I think the jury may hang. Guess I don't have faith in humankind to see through the lies. :(. I hope they make a decision one way or the other. Paul Sanders (13th juror) is awesome. We are grateful for you. The media leaves much to be desired in their tweets. Oh and thanks for staring down the killer. Hope this is all over soon.

BBM ~ Yes, this is true, however given all the facts given, maybe the one who is not onboard would just need a refresher. The autopsy photos would help.

Sick, childish joke IMO. I wonder how the women felt.

Everyone is different but if I had received a message like that I would have just laughed out loud at how childish men are sometimes. I do not think "sick" would have even entered my mind.

she writes in her letter to the family "...but as I flew down the stairs I swear I could hear footsteps behind me. I ran out the front door, leaving behind my shoes, ...." I highly doubt a pair of Capezio flats were ever found. Nay.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

He caught her more than once. I think this last time he may have caught her taking money from his bank account. I read somewhere that she had $10,000 in CASH in a small safe at her grandparents house when she was arrested. I was surprised that someone who barely worked, had to borrow money from a friend to go on her murder trip and had borrowed money from Travis on a regular basis, would have a dime to her name. I wish I could find that source!

I have always wondered about that also. I do not think what we know, has even scratched the surface of Jodi Arias. I am not sure anyone will ever know

I do not believe Travis ever gave her the BMW. If it was not transferred into her name she would have had to have the title change to get insurance on the car. There is just no way Travis would have given her something that would keep him bound to her for years. My guess is she agreed to pay him for the damages. jmo

He caught her more than once. I think this last time he may have caught her taking money from his bank account. I read somewhere that she had $10,000 in CASH in a small safe at her grandparents house when she was arrested. I was surprised that someone who barely worked, had to borrow money from a friend to go on her murder trip and had borrowed money from Travis on a regular basis, would have a dime to her name. I wish I could find that source!

This is the first I have heard of this. You will need a link for that.

See, we're going to have to disagree on this. He wasn't understanding. If he was, he'd have never let her get a claw-hold. He was naive and forgiving to a fault

While I don't judge people on material posessions, it's important to be able to accurately assess them. And had Travis done that, he'd still be around today.

I think Travis was naive about many things. But I do believe he preferred to see the good in people, including Arias. He knew that no one is perfect and that knowledge came from the kind of childhood he had. I think at times along the way the truth about Jodi surfaced to the point where he could certainly have seen it, but he pushed those thoughts away, and I have no doubt that is how the killer managed to worm her way into his home one more time on June 4, 2008.

I do agree that Travis should have been more cautious and should have heeded the warnings of others and, more importantly, those coming from his own common sense. The messages were there and he ignored them; he chose to believe people tend to be good more often than evil.

late as usual - but JUST in case no one answered your question - this is a quote from JVM's book I'm reading now; and also posting excerpts from the book on the SideBar thread.

Hardcover book from Page 121: (Okay - I've never read this before - sky's account of what happened after the baptism, which took place at the LDS church in Palm Desert (Jodi's town).

...After the ceremony, the two went back to her house - {now wasn't that a motel in her testiphony?}, began to kiss, and got intimate again.
Sky was at the baptism that day and said it was an awkward ceremony, with not many people in attendance. But, more than that, she doubted Jodi's recollection was accurate. She seemed to recall Travis going back to her house after the ritual, contradicting Jodi's version. Sky note that Jodi's vivid juxtaposition of religious and sexual rites seemed designed to inspire anger against Travis and sympathy for her. Jodi's absurd anecdote wasn't just about anal sex; it was anal sex after a baptism, a sacred ceremony.
BBM. That was my point too, who does that? Nobody but Jodi. Travis probably didn't either, another lie of Jodi's.

BBM

I am so curious how Nurmi is going to try and have a go at him. Juan never even brought up the 'couch scuffle'--so I am not sure if Nurmi can even ask about that. But maybe he can because Juan had the affidavit up on the screen, I believe. So IDK.

I imagine Nurmi will say " You have told us that TA only lived with you during these 2 months, etc .....DO U HAVE ANY PROOF of that?"

I am also wondering if Nurmi might go after the Bishops son a bit ?

I'm not worried about Nurmi going after Bishop Parker, he has his own attorney. :D

I don't think how the Bishop felt about TA as a person has been mentioned. I would imagine if he thought of TA in a negative way, Juan wouldn't have the Bishop on the stand. JMO

Isn't BVP only on the stand to rebut the DT with regards to witness #1 (MMcG) saying Travis put child *advertiser censored* on the computer?

Nurmi shouldn't be asking questions on Travis other than the *advertiser censored* thing, right?

From Hogan I'm getting that his mortgage financing caused the (temporary) problem. Real estate bubble time. His home value appreciated dramatically on paper, not in reality. He refinanced and like many others drew down his equity, thinking it profit. T took out $75k of equity in cash, and spent it on travel and house decoration, some investing.

House value decreased, mortgage went up, and in early 2008 he was stressed financially. He dealt with it proactively.... gathered funds to throw at principal and refinanced, to lower interest rate and monthly mortgage. And then set about working more and harder.

This also ties in with TA putting pressure on JA to start paying back what she owed. Her journals note several payments made to him in early 2008

IMO what's sick is a DT knowingly taking those texts out of context and using them to try to make a murdered man look bad in order to spare their client, his murderer, the indignity of being held accountable for his murder.

How did the women respond? They all knew TA and his sense of humor. If I'd received the text I would have replied....too late, I'm already pregnant and expecting triplets.

My reply to it.... "Nah, you'd fall in love, and I'd fall asleep", but I like your comeback!!

When Travis's body was discovered his Temple garments were in either the washer or the dryer.

I believe Travis was keeping the tenants set by the church to keep from losing his Temple Recommend. One of his roommates told the police that they were Travis's undergarments because he always wore them. He had already lost his Temple Recommend twice and had even penned in his blog about how he was looking for a wife.

There is no way I believe he had sex with her that day.
Especially after she had done something so heinous that he called her a sociopath and said that she had hurt him worse than the death of his father. No way he invited someone into his home that had made him feel that way.

IMO JA had been planning Travis's murder for months. She had also been planning to Kill His Life. He was getting ready to expose her for who she really was and she had to stop him before he Killed Her Life.

BBM ~ Then how could of the pictures ended up on Travis' camera which he bought after she moved back to Yreka?

Unless she copied the pics from her SD to his? Wouldn't this have to been in the investigation of TAs laptop? :gaah: Now, you got me thinking.

I believe, and I know this is not what most believe, that she snuck in overnight, uploaded her sex photos, waited in his closet until he got up that morning and secretly took most of the photos from the closet. The only one with proper lighting and composition was the face that seemed startled. It was the only one where a flash was used. I believe she did that to temporarily blind him. I believe that was when she stabbed him in the heart. If his camera time was set to PM instead of AM in error, or by her on purpose, then the time stamps would have been wrong.

So many days passed before he was found that there was no way to tell exactly when he died. He did not make or return any calls that day. The only thing in his stomach was oatmeal. One text was responded to but she could have easily done that. The computer was used but that could have been her also.

I really, really want to believe that she manufactured the sex tape and snuck into his house planted the pictures and attacked TA but I don't think she is that smart. On top of that if his family thought either of those were possible Juan would be fighting tooth and nail to prove she premeditated everything. He has decimated the child *advertiser censored* claim and provided doubt whether they truly were official, I think it would be fairly easy to prove the tape was manufactured and the pics were added not taken?

[video=youtube;1s_MoStf1Gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1s_MoStf1Gs&x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428[/video]

Dr DeMarte video regarding diagnosis of Jodi with borderline personality disorder. Can't wait until she is back on the stand!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member