Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM ~ Then how could of the pictures ended up on Travis' camera which he bought after she moved back to Yreka?

Unless she copied the pics from her SD to his? Wouldn't this have to been in the investigation of TAs laptop? :gaah: Now, you got me thinking.

There was what appeared to be blood on the computer cord in one of the crime scene photos. It was not tested. He story does not mention getting on the computer after she killed him. I think she downloaded the sex photos and that is why they are all thumbnails.

I believe, and I know this is not what most believe, that she snuck in overnight, uploaded her sex photos, waited in his closet until he got up that morning and secretly took most of the photos from the closet. The only one with proper lighting and composition was the face that seemed startled. It was the only one where a flash was used. I believe she did that to temporarily blind him. I believe that was when she stabbed him in the heart. If his camera time was set to PM instead of AM in error, or by her on purpose, then the time stamps would have been wrong.

So many days passed before he was found that there was no way to tell exactly when he died. He did not make or return any calls that day. The only thing in his stomach was oatmeal. One text was responded to but she could have easily done that. The computer was used but that could have been her also.

Hi geevee! :)

3 reasons why I believe he let her in at 4am:

1. Travis was a night owl.
2. His roomates and Naps was home, so someone would of heard JA if she was in the office.
3. Juan did not argue the sequence of events for that day.

I think Travis was naive about many things. But I do believe he preferred to see the good in people, including Arias. He knew that no one is perfect and that knowledge came from the kind of childhood he had. I think at times along the way the truth about Jodi surfaced to the point where he could certainly have seen it, but he pushed those thoughts away, and I have no doubt that is how the killer managed to worm her way into his home one more time on June 4, 2008.

I do agree that Travis should have been more cautious and should have heeded the warnings of others and, more importantly, those coming from his own common sense. The messages were there and he ignored them; he chose to believe people tend to be good more often than evil.

I agree.
I don't think he chose to see the good in JA and for that reason kept hanging with her though. I think he was very much aware that she wasn't a good person and that he thought she was crazy but I think he figured she was harmless. Plus there was the sex. Those are the reasons he kept letting her back in his life and in his bed.

I really, really want to believe that she manufactured the sex tape and snuck into his house planted the pictures and attacked TA but I don't think she is that smart. On top of that if his family thought either of those were possible Juan would be fighting tooth and nail to prove she premeditated everything. He has decimated the child *advertiser censored* claim and provided doubt whether they truly were official, I think it would be fairly easy to prove the tape was manufactured and the pics were added not taken?

The tape was not talked about much. I guess you cannot prove a negative. I look at it like the pedophile letters. They were a copy and were not allowed in because of that. The pictures were thumbnails. ONLY the sex photos.

She is not that smart. She got caught. But the evidence is there that she did a awful lot of premeditation.
She destroyed her hard drive, smashing it in half. Early reports show that it was repaired and some info was taken from it. That information was not allowed into evidence because Nurmi argued that it was impossible to tell what was missing and how it would change what they were able to recover.

Does anyone know why Travis, or well, any other young Mormons had brief stays at Bishop Parker's home? I know absolutely nothing about the Mormon religion but I know there are a few Mormon posters on here who might know the answer. IMO, it probably has something to do with locales and teachings, studies. It isn't really important, I am just curious.

I can only speculate, and can only tell you what I have observed. The singles in any ward come from all over and may not have friends or family where they have decided to move for employment or whatever. The Bishop usually has an actual house, often with extra bedrooms and some singles stay there until an apartment space opens up with the other singles in the ward. Singles ward's really are like family units in many ways. That's why they have their own Family Home Evening groups. They are for young unmarried adults without family (or sometimes with family) in the area.

I understand Travis stayed with the Bishop upon his return from his mission and was probably just waiting for a roommate situation to open up with someone in the ward.

Hi geevee! :)

3 reasons why I believe he let her in at 4am:

1. Travis was a night owl.
2. His roomates and Naps was home, so someone would of her JA if she was in the office.
3. Juan did not argue the sequence of events for that day.

Number 3 is a good point. I also remember that there were a lot of pictures that haven't been made public; both parties agreed to leave them out and some of us assume that they show penetration. Det Flores also said very clear to JA "I know you had sex" based on the pictures. I doubt that she was in a closet taking nude pictures of him unaware because of those other more intimate pics and her brown hair color that day.

ETA: Why would she upload sexual pictures on the camera, then delete them( and throw the camera in the washing machine)? Why would she take pics of him in the shower sneakily and delete them?

He caught her more than once. I think this last time he may have caught her taking money from his bank account. I read somewhere that she had $10,000 in CASH in a small safe at her grandparents house when she was arrested. I was surprised that someone who barely worked, had to borrow money from a friend to go on her murder trip and had borrowed money from Travis on a regular basis, would have a dime to her name. I wish I could find that source!

That is hard to believe.......$10K? Thinking that is probably not true.

Jen is the DP qualified Atty. Nurmi has to have co counsel who is DP qualified

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/jodi-arias-trial-update-murder_n_1181779.html

During today's case-management hearing, Stephens appointed Jennifer Willmott, a death penalty-qualified defense attorney, to represent Arias. Willmott will have roughly 10 months to get up to speed on the case.

Yes, we're saying the same thing: JW is Dp-qualified and had to be for this trial. I think maybe she can't be lead because this is her first DP case. I'm not even sure she's done a lot of homicides.

My theory is this..

She came prepared to seduce and if seduction failed, then to kill.
I think TA let her in but was unaware she was coming. She couldn't risk him telling anyone.
They tested out his new camera, took sex pictures and had sex.
He doesn't want a relationship with her and makes that clear again.
But they had sex.
Sex means Jodi's DNA all over TA.. So she tells him she'd love to take nude pics of him in the shower..
This means that all traces of her are washed off AND he's naked and vulnerable in a small space.
And then she kills him.

I agree.
I don't think he chose to see the good in JA and for that reason kept hanging with her though. I think he was very much aware that she wasn't a good person and that he thought she was crazy but I think he figured she was harmless. Plus there was the sex. Those are the reasons he kept letting her back in his life and in his bed.

Yes, he thought she was harmless, but knew she wasn't perfect. IOW, he knew that she had issues, but he didn't know she was evil.

I meant that in his view the world consists of far more good people than evil ones. A lot of people believe that but in recent years it has become apparent to many that the gap is closing.

It's also possible she was trying to lure him up there and he would "disappear" after going on one of his trips. That would have saved her a lot of money and hustling to get the job done.

My theory is this..

She came prepared to seduce and if seduction failed, then to kill.
I think TA let her in but was unaware she was coming. She couldn't risk him telling anyone.
They tested out his new camera, took sex pictures and had sex.
He doesn't want a relationship with her and makes that clear again.
But they had sex.
Sex means Jodi's DNA all over TA.. So she tells him she'd love to take nude pics of him in the shower..
This means that all traces of her are washed off AND he's naked and vulnerable in a small space.
And then she kills him.

...and in the event that all traces were not washed off (she did, after all, sustain a cut or two) she was sure to mention in the letter to his family that her toenails were bleeding after she kicked the female ninja.

...and in the event that all traces were not washed off (she did, after all, sustain a cut or two) she was sure to mention in the letter to his family that her toenails were bleeding after she kicked the female ninja.

When you think about it.. She killed him almost like a professional didn't she? Like she was very quick and didn't suffer any wounds herself. She must have been very focused. Pfff. Evil man.

Number 3 is a good point. I also remember that there were a lot of pictures that haven't been made public; both parties agreed to leave them out and some of us assume that they show penetration. Det Flores also said very clear to JA "I know you had sex" based on the pictures. I doubt that she was in a closet taking nude pictures of him unaware because of those other more intimate pics and her brown hair color that day.

ETA: Why would she upload sexual pictures on the camera, then delete them( and throw the camera in the washing machine)? Why would she take pics of him in the shower sneakily and delete them?

Agree.
IMO the pics are what they are and what Juan and the experts said they are. Jodi and Travis took pics during sex (they talked about some poses during phone sex). It is not logical to contend the time stamps are altered on the sex pics but not on the shower pics. Jodi only admitted to being in Mesa at all on June 4 after learning of the camera evidence. She went there to kill him -not anything else. The photos were just to put him at ease and later to get him into a vulernable position in the shower.

I hope the jury dissects that letter, line by line. The letter by itself should be enough to earn her the DP!

In her *secretestiphony she says after they woke up, had sex and came downstairs he went into his office and had breakfast, she intoned how the picture of him in his pajamas sitting at his desk with his feet up eating a bowl of oatmeal is clear as daylight in her mind - it makes no sense that after waking around 1:00 that he would dress in pajamas and have breakfast in his office (something she never said on the stand the first time). It makes more sense if, when she snuck in to his house that morning, that's where he was and what he was doing, likely after putting the floor cleaner together and moving furniture off the tile in preparation to clean his floors. And imo closer to 10:00 a.m. after Zach left to return his rental car.

*ETA: Sorry, another post downthread reminded me it was the letter to Travis' family where she says this, not in the transcript of her closed-door testimony, my mistake.

In the Mesa Probable Cause:

Eight pictures total of nude Jodi and nude TA were time stamped beginning at 1340 on 6/04/08

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.co...ias-Mesa-Police-Probable-Cause-Statement-.pdf

Page 4 for the above info. Pages are not numbered, so you have to count. lol

I've always believed he (and she) liked the sex.

But I've never believed he genuinely liked her a lot.

I wonder if in LDS circles the words "like" and "love" and even the phrase "I love you" are commonly invoked. That is to say, more often than in strictly committed, monogamous (real monogamy, not JA's version where she doesn't do two guys at once), long-term exclusive relationships.

In Jodi's interrogation she tells Flores :

* We didn’t say I Love You during our relationship but we said it afterward. It was weird.

LambChop, where did ZoeyW go? She was posting lists of good links, etc and someone asked her to post them on media thread I think and then she disappeared.
i liked her posts! I hope her feelings aren't hurt. :(

In the Mesa Probable Cause:

Eight pictures total of nude Jodi and nude TA were time stamped beginning at 1340 on 6/04/08

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.co...ias-Mesa-Police-Probable-Cause-Statement-.pdf

Page 4 for the above info. Pages are not numbered, so you have to count. lol

And of course, there just had to be 6 of the 8 of her naked. Interesting that there were none of actual sex acts, because IIRC, didn't Flores tell CMJA that "he had proof they had sex that day?" Those aren't proof of sex IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela