Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, coeurfragile, moving the court to remove the designation of victim from Travis is an outrage that denies what we saw in his shower. The failed motion has me spinning on my ear still today. After her slaughter of a human being she professes even yet to love, should we be surprised at anything she sinks to? Sometimes, it is not just how low she goes but the twists and distortions she introduces and relies on.

We have some able reporters covering her case and soon they may provide hints as to the killer's expectations of her P.I. and her expert. Since I believe her to be hugely deluded (she buys her own clap trap), they will disappoint her. Who doesn't disappoint Arias? Her attorneys, the jury who "betrayed" her, the haters who interview her, her parents, her friendly witnesses, the cameras, the sheriff, the acquaintances in Mesa, Travis and his family, it's endless.

Beyond disappointment, there is paralyzing fear. Da jig is up and a death sentence looms as a very real possible outcome. This is a woman unable to tolerate a mere nick when she thought to slit her wrists. Such a powerful contrast to what she is willing to inflict on another. She is frozen in alarm confronting her fate, shrinking from it, and I think she will be relieved of the rôle she assumed, full of pluck and bold offers so recently.

*advertiser censored* and an Infinity. She said in her interrogation with Det. Flores that she "gave [the Infinity] back to the bank." Good old Jodi, generous to a fault. I guess breast implants can't be repossessed, so she's still got those. That investment isn't really paying off for her in the way she'd no doubt hoped. She hasn't even shown cleavage in court, let alone worn anything "figure enhancing."

My impression (as a straight woman, old enough to be Jodi's mother but thank God NOT her mother) is that her looks are quite ho-hum. (Or maybe just "ho"?) She can spiff herself up or tone herself down, depending on her target audience. I guess that's true for everyone, but Jodi's "blank slate" is a little blanker than most.

Who doesn't disappoint Arias? Her attorneys, the jury who "betrayed" her, the haters who interview her, her parents, her friendly witnesses, the cameras, the sheriff, the acquaintances in Mesa, Travis and his family, it's endless.

Buckets ready? Here's a bit of the Troy Hayden "hater" interview, transcribed at http://nation.foxnews.com/jodi-aria...ecord-will-air-exclusive-interview-jodi-arias

HAYDEN: Do you have a sense of where the public feeling is about you, whether you're liked or not liked? I mean...

ARIAS: I get the sense that there is great division on both sides, but I believe the majority is against me.

HAYDEN: What are your thoughts on that?

ARIAS: A psychologist once explained to me that society has this need to persecute people. They get some sort of gratification from it. So there might be something going on there.

---
Well, we know that Jodi gets some big-time gratification from persecuting people.

The ruling I posted was actually in response to JA's motion to allow the results of some polygraph examination she apparently planned to take. But I agree that the judge made it perfectly clear how she feels about residual doubt evidence in her ruling on the polygraph motion. And she granted JM's motion, which was about residual doubt regardless of the title.

I don't think there will be any actual motion about "lingering doubt" defined as it was in the one article someone posted a while back. I believe the article said "lingering doubt" was about any doubt in a juror's mind regarding whether mitigation was sufficient to call for leniency. I think it would be perfectly appropriate for the defense to argue that jurors should resolve any lingering doubt on that issue in favor of JA. But that argument isn't going to allow JA to bring in "innocence" evidence.
Jodi planned to take a polygraph post-conviction??? To prove her innocence? That's just laughable... especially when she's been proven to be a liar.

Travis not the victim ?!!! :stormingmad: Yeah, sure. I guess CMJA is the one who was stabbed 29 times and was almost beheaded. I want to say she's delusional, but that would be implying that she has a true mental illness. Which she does not, IMO. This psycho is a just an evil person, a remorseless habitual liar, and absolutely refuses to admit or acknowledge her guilt. She is truly one scary person. :scared: and needs to be locked away for effing ever.
Don'tcha know Jodi's the victim because it traumatized her to have to kill Travis the way she did? NOT!!!

Will all of Jodi's witnesses be hostile? Chris and Sky Hughes for example. I think they did initially feel that Travis was toying with Jodi's affections, and I suppose they'd have to admit that on the stand. But would Jodi want JM to have a crack at them in cross examination? I doubt it very much.

While she's blinded by narcissism, her drive to survive overrides even her pride.

During this phase of the trial, she must know -- to the very word and its intonation -- what her witnesses will say before she even dreams of calling them.

The very last thing she wants to do is call hostile witnesses. That's why we won't be seeing Deanna Reid, either.

Because I don't see the especially cruel lying torture murderess 'flipping' Mr. and Mrs. Hughes or Miss Reid to the dark side.

While she's blinded by narcissism, her drive to survive overrides even her pride.

During this phase of the trial, she must know -- to the very word and its intonation -- what her witnesses will say before she even dreams of calling them.

The very last thing she wants to do is call hostile witnesses. That's why we won't be seeing Deanna Reid, either.

Because I don't see the especially cruel lying torture murderess 'flipping' Mr. and Mrs. Hughes or Miss Reid to the dark side.
She might do it just to torture them. I've seen portions of a couple of televised trials on other crime shows like Snapped, where the murderer put the victim or other hostile witnesses on the stand to do just that. One was Sheila Davaloo, the other was a guy in Florida who killed his bride of 4 days with help from his girlfriend. Although the girlfriend turned state's witness against him, he insisted on cross-examining her!

Troy Hayden@troyhaydenfox10 · 2h

Documentary filmmaker says #JodiArias gave ok for interview behind bars. @RealSheriffJoe says no to " tale of woe." pic.twitter.com/QnQkIR7pXo

https://twitter.com/troyhaydenfox10

It never ceases to amaze me how odd this trial is. Surely it is going to end soon! She only wants media when she wants it, on her terms.

My computer is cranky but the documents are in the twitter link, I can't seem to post them here.

Random thought... I read or heard somewhere that at Jodi's first Prepaid Legal event, where she met Travis and he (sadly) invited her to the big-whup "Executive Directors' Banquet," Jodi didn't have the requisite formal wear so Sky Hughes lent her a dress.

Ew.

She might do it just to torture them. I've seen portions of a couple of televised trials on other crime shows like Snapped, where the murderer put the victim or other hostile witnesses on the stand to do just that. One was Sheila Davaloo, the other was a guy in Florida who killed his bride of 4 days with help from his girlfriend. Although the girlfriend turned state's witness against him, he insisted on cross-examining her!

I do think she would like to torture some more but I question if she is really going to continue with this on her own. I think she will bail at the last minute and then blame, blame some more. One never knows , maybe someone will turn against her. Not that anyone really stood by her in the first place. Actually no one ever testified for her in her penalty phase. Crazy but I am with it as you are until the end. Justice for Travis and the Alexanders.

Don'tcha know Jodi's the victim because it traumatized her to have to kill Travis the way she did? NOT!!!

She "doesn't remember" the specifics, but does remember that it was traumatizing. Shut up. Shutupshutupshutupshutup. Shut. Up.

Jodi planned to take a polygraph post-conviction??? To prove her innocence? That's just laughable... especially when she's been proven to be a liar.

She could well be psycho enough to pass a polygraph test. No guilt, remorse, regret... I think she might actually pull it off. During the "I Wasn't There" part of her interrogation with Det. Flores, Jodi asked if she could take a polygraph test to prove her innocence (ha!), and he told her she could take polygraph but it wouldn't be admissible at trial. It sounded as though she thought she could beat the test.

She tried to argue everything including the kitchen sink

She's not someone who ever does things by halves. Want to be with a Mormon? Convert! Want to wow him in bed? Go *advertiser censored*-star crazy! Want to kill the guy? Shoot him in the head, almost decapitate him, and stab him 27 times. Want to get back at the world for not loving you as much as you love yourself? Do exactly what you've been doing for all these YEARS since your arrest!

The idea of Hester Prynne and her scarlet "A" has always offended me for about a gazillion different reasons... but oh my gosh, Jodi deserves an entire wardrobe of "shame-wear," especially since her own t-shirt designs are so pathetically uncreative (yet she still insists on calling herself an "artist"). Let's see...

• Travis Alexander's no longer here to defend himself.
• I killed a man in cold blood and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.
• Been there, done that. But I swear it was self-defense.
• Mitigating factors are for wimps
• Got Pop Rocks?
• Hell on Rented Wheels
• hole[SUP]3[/SUP]
• Puts the "shoot" in photo shoot
• Here Comes the Fog Again
• Hello, Nurmi!
• Oh Holy sh** (I forgot the camera!)
• Objects in rear view mirror may be Jodi
• KY-not?
• Enjoy sunny Cancun!

OK, I'll stop.

LMAO!!

Here comes the fog again
I swear to god I have no memory
But, judge, I can remember emotions

Just from the perspective of a trial watcher (and IF we are allowed to view the trial), I would love to see JA try to tangle with the Hughes. I think they wold rip her apart. JMO.

I think, most of all, with Jodi representing herself, this is what I'm most looking forward to if she does call the Hughes'. I don't know what she's thinking.

She could well be psycho enough to pass a polygraph test. No guilt, remorse, regret... I think she might actually pull it off. During the "I Wasn't There" part of her interrogation with Det. Flores, Jodi asked if she could take a polygraph test to prove her innocence (ha!), and he told her she could take polygraph but it wouldn't be admissible at trial. It sounded as though she thought she could beat the test.

She probably could. Not only does she believe her own lies but sociopaths don't have the same reaction to lying that normal people do. That's why they're not admissible, sociopaths can pass them.

You can see this during the guilt/innocence phase of a trial, but not during the sentencing phase where her focus will necessarily be on mitigating evidence and testimony.

Even JSKS wouldn't allow that irrelevant cr@p.

Random thought... I read or heard somewhere that at Jodi's first Prepaid Legal event, where she met Travis and he (sadly) invited her to the big-whup "Executive Directors' Banquet," Jodi didn't have the requisite formal wear so Sky Hughes lent her a dress.

Ew.

Don't get any on ya, Sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members