Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was raised the same as you so I know exactly where you are coming from. Even if Travis told everyone what was going on in his personal life with that <modsnip>, she would've used that against him in this trial too. She is the core of evil. And I don't believe for a second that she was a "true" Mormon. My friend was at her "baptism" and said even then everyone thought there was something not quite right about her... Poor Travis... His poor family...

It's interesting you have friends who saw her baptized. What did they think was "off" about her? How did she behave towards Travis that day in public? Demure and respectful of the occasion or already paws on possessive?

Would anyone happen to know why my "thanks" button only works on about every other post? It just started today. Not that I need to thank every post, but some I do. :dunno:
When I loose the thank you button I refresh the page and it brings it back. Hope that helps.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2282946/lan-wan/google-blog-used-to-spread-malware.html
Jan 31, 2008
A Google-hosted blog is running phony security content that's linked to malware, as well as using Google's automated notification service to try to entice subscribers to click on an infected link, says one security expert. &#8230;.
&#8230;. Anyone who clicked on links in the Google e-mail alert, or on the Google blog site with the fake security vendor information, would find themselves re-directed to a *advertiser censored* site and subject to attack code that would attempt to load malware onto their machine.
"This is the first time we've seen something like this," Elzam says. "If you get a message from a Google alert, you might think this is a service you can trust. But it's directing you to a rogue site with fake security software. And it's tricking Google, too."
&#8230; "They use a blog to get your attention and then drag you to a Web site for downloading malware," Gillis says. "We're seeing this all the time now."

Okay. Then.

I wonder if CMJA's PI was the person responsible for handling the HD? Do we know for sure said person was a forensics expert at all?

Sitting in the Court of Public Opinion, I personally concluded that JA committed the tire slashings and the theft of gun resulting from a burglary at the home of her grandparents. Neither incident was charged and both are still open cases, afaik.

The following sentence in the State's Motion in Limine filed 11/11/14 caught my eye (typed from doc and bbm):

It is also coincidental that the victim allegedly only began to access these sites on May 28, 2008, the same day defendant staged the burglary at her grandparents' home.

Will this statement of fact re the burglary cause problems for the State in any way, and/or will the Defense make a big and imo unnecessary deal out of it?

~jmo~

I doubt it. There is strong circumstantial evidence that her grandparents' stolen gun was the gun she used. We know she used a .25 caliber, the same caliber as stolen from her grandparents on the 28th, the 28th was post-argument with TA and clearly while she was planning the crime. She also conveniently hid her laptop in a laundry basket prior to the burglary, this shows she had knowledge that the burglary would take place and either put someone up to it, and thus hid her laptop so they wouldn't 'go rogue' and take it, too, or she committed the burglary herself and used the fact that her laptop was 'hidden' as a convenient excuse as to WTH the 'thief' didn't take it, too. In either case it shows she was likely involved in the theft, even if not directly, and used it to 'obtain' the murder weapon.

I just know Jodi is behind this motion re: "*advertiser censored*" on the computer. She had to become her own attorney to get her forged letters looked at and I bet she knew about the *advertiser censored* virus because she planted it there.

It's interesting you have friends who saw her baptized. What did they think was "off" about her? How did she behave towards Travis that day in public? Demure and respectful of the occasion or already paws on possessive?

Just that it was the general consensus that she was odd. People thought she was kinda weird as well as the situation. She wanted to become Mormon because she was obsessed Travis from the get-go. But you guys already know that..... :)

TAs' Laptop per Dworkin:

Each action is logged, might be user initiated or an auto re-direct. Discuss websites visited.

YouTube, June 4th, 4:08:11 am; Deanna Reid is profile name used. User sets this up. Name of file accessed: (Drunk) Daft Punk &#8211;Hard Bodies, Faster Stronger(Drunk).

Next action is June 4, 2008, 4:11:04 am. You Tube. Daft Hands- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Next action is June 4, 2008, 4:15:13 am. YouTube. Daft Hands &#8211; Double Speed (Faster, Better).

NOTE: 9 minute break between last &#8220;Daft&#8221; YouTube viewing to this:

Next action June 4 2008, 4:24;00 am. YouTube. URL: Freeweb proxy-Air-proxy.com

NOTES: Free Air Proxy allows you to bypass website filters at your school or workplace, and surf the web anonymously. You can use this site to unblock Facebook, Youtube, twitter, myspace, or any other website. Free Air Proxy also allows you to visit websites anonymously. The purpose of this service is to allow visitors a safe and secure way to keep their legal surfing habits private. It is prohibited to use the Free Air Proxy service for any illegal activity.
Proxy Features
&#8226; Hides your real IP providing an anonymous connection
&#8226; 100% Youtube Compatible
&#8226; Works great with Facebook & Twitter
&#8226; No downloads limits
&#8226; Completely FREE!

June 4, 2008, 4:30:27 G-mail (Mail.google.com)

June 4, 2008. 4:33:55 am www.travisalexander.net; URL: Pagead2.googlesyndication.com,

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080721170650AAjnJo2
NOTE: What does this mean: "pagead2.googlesyndication.com... and how do I get rid of it?
Every other time I try and go to a different website or load content from a website, "Waiting for pagead2.googlesyndication.com..." will appear on the bottom of my browser (Firefox) and it takes about 5 seconds, sometimes even a minute until it finally loads the page I was intending on viewing. I don't really care what it is, I just want to know how to get rid of it. How do I stop this? Please explain thoroughly. Thank You!

RESPONSE: simple, that is an ad placed on pages. They are sold by google (usually google adwords) all this is, is advertising content. Likely, you have an ad blocking software which is preventing this content from loading, exactly like it is supposed to do. You do not need to take any action here. You could disable your adblocking software or add the site to the allowed list to stop this, but then that is sort of contrary to having ad blocking in the first place
%%%%

June 4, 2008. 4:35:45 am www.travisalexander.net and a path unnamed in testimony. Same URL as above. (Pagead2.googlesyndication.com)

Last action on TA&#8217;s computer. On Direct by DT.

TAs' Laptop per Dworkin:

Each action is logged, might be user initiated or an auto re-direct. Discuss websites visited.

YouTube, June 4th, 4:08:11 am; Deanna Reid is profile name used. User sets this up. Name of file accessed: (Drunk) Daft Punk &#8211;Hard Bodies, Faster Stronger(Drunk).

Next action is June 4, 2008, 4:11:04 am. You Tube. Daft Hands- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Next action is June 4, 2008, 4:15:13 am. YouTube. Daft Hands &#8211; Double Speed (Faster, Better).

NOTE: 9 minute break between last &#8220;Daft&#8221; YouTube viewing to this:

Next action June 4 2008, 4:24;00 am. YouTube. URL: Freeweb proxy-Air-proxy.com

NOTES: Free Air Proxy allows you to bypass website filters at your school or workplace, and surf the web anonymously. You can use this site to unblock Facebook, Youtube, twitter, myspace, or any other website. Free Air Proxy also allows you to visit websites anonymously. The purpose of this service is to allow visitors a safe and secure way to keep their legal surfing habits private. It is prohibited to use the Free Air Proxy service for any illegal activity.
Proxy Features
&#8226; Hides your real IP providing an anonymous connection
&#8226; 100% Youtube Compatible
&#8226; Works great with Facebook & Twitter
&#8226; No downloads limits
&#8226; Completely FREE!

June 4, 2008, 4:30:27 G-mail (Mail.google.com)

June 4, 2008. 4:33:55 am www.travisalexander.net; URL: Pagead2.googlesyndication.com,

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080721170650AAjnJo2
NOTE: What does this mean: "pagead2.googlesyndication.com... and how do I get rid of it?
Every other time I try and go to a different website or load content from a website, "Waiting for pagead2.googlesyndication.com..." will appear on the bottom of my browser (Firefox) and it takes about 5 seconds, sometimes even a minute until it finally loads the page I was intending on viewing. I don't really care what it is, I just want to know how to get rid of it. How do I stop this? Please explain thoroughly. Thank You!

RESPONSE: simple, that is an ad placed on pages. They are sold by google (usually google adwords) all this is, is advertising content. Likely, you have an ad blocking software which is preventing this content from loading, exactly like it is supposed to do. You do not need to take any action here. You could disable your adblocking software or add the site to the allowed list to stop this, but then that is sort of contrary to having ad blocking in the first place
%%%%

June 4, 2008. 4:35:45 am www.travisalexander.net and a path unnamed in testimony. Same URL as above. (Pagead2.googlesyndication.com)

Last action on TA&#8217;s computer. On Direct by DT.

Very Interesting ShadowBoy. Do you think there is a connection between your post up page, about the GOOGLE malaware trap and the last action on TA's computer?

Could JA have been the one that did that action, which possibly infected the computer right then?

In suppose it depends on the software. Some of them will run in the background and you'll never know it's doing it's work, perhaps why neither the DT or the state knew deletions were happening. They weren't working with the clone that day, they were viewing the actual computer. The deletions happened. I don't know. It's the only thing I can think of that would target thousands of virus files and delete them in such a short amount of time.

There is something fishy about this latest examination though. Why were they so determined to get that lap top now? What kind of analysis did they do on it? How/why did they damage the hard drive? What is the credentials of the expert doing these analyses? A mistake was made when it was turned on that day. But the defense and the state had been working with a copy made in 2008 so deletions are not relevant nor does it make sense that Juan would do that. But clearly Jodi knew she would find something and was determined to get the computer so she could find it. This is a very strange thing.

And the one thing that is confounding me is why did Melendez testify (if he did) that there were no viruses if the viruses were found back in 2008? Why didn't Dworkin detect them? Gah!

BBM

It's possible that Dworkin and Melendez said they didn't find any because they didn't actually look for any, because they weren't asked to. For instance, Dworkin said that after running the standard protocols, the next task was to "turn to specific areas of interest" - the internet history, photos and messages - and it's hard to imagine why either Melendez or Dworkin would have been asked to look at anti-malware log files. Ordinarily, they wouldn't have any probative value at all.

And, although Martinez details 24 viruses and 17 malicious items in his response, this may be the first time that anyone's looked at those log files. And the only reason they've done so is because - it seems - the defense expert has, and his meaningless findings have been presented as something they're not.

Also, there's no proof yet that any files of any kind were in fact deleted - by human hand or otherwise. Nurmi hasn't provided any and Martinez questions "if it did occur".

ETA: Gah! indeed! I'm really trying to keep my sanity on this one too.

We know she shot him with a gun she brought with her. That's not circumstantial, and it is premed. Where she got the gun is more circumstantial, imo, but ultimately irrelevant.

She's always claimed she shot Travis with his own gun. (I don't believe her, but she's never admitted she brought a gun.)

I doubt it. There is strong circumstantial evidence that her grandparents' stolen gun was the gun she used. We know she used a .25 caliber, the same caliber as stolen from her grandparents on the 28th, the 28th was post-argument with TA and clearly while she was planning the crime. She also conveniently hid her laptop in a laundry basket prior to the burglary, this shows she had knowledge that the burglary would take place and either put someone up to it, and thus hid her laptop so they wouldn't 'go rogue' and take it, too, or she committed the burglary herself and used the fact that her laptop was 'hidden' as a convenient excuse as to WTH the 'thief' didn't take it, too. In either case it shows she was likely involved in the theft, even if not directly, and used it to 'obtain' the murder weapon.

Thanks, but I think you missed the point of my post. Please re-read and if I didn't state it clearly, let me know and I'll try again. :-)

Very Interesting ShadowBoy. Do you think there is a connection between your post up page, about the GOOGLE malaware trap and the last action on TA's computer?

Could JA have been the one that did that action, which possibly infected the computer right then?
I have no idea. [/QUOTE]

I have no idea.
[/QUOTE]

People have sometimes speculated that it was actually JA that was on the computer and NOT Travis. It was 4 am. It is quite possible she snuck in and went into the office and looked at his computer, snooping around, before she went up to his bedroom, where he was asleep.

Her version is that he was up playing on the computer when she arrived. But I never believe much of what she says.

I'd be in shock. I might be in doubt. But I wouldn't immediately assume the worse and talk badly about my dead friend to someone else.
I'm probably being hard on them. I don't know exactly what I would do but I just have this gut feeling...
Anyways if the book is just an apology, they can gift it for free to anyone who's interested.

I'm watching Nurmi with Chris Hughes, and Nurmi was reading Sky's email to him where she was asking what age Travis preferred… and I just lost quite a bit of respect for Sky. She just immediately went with what Nurmi said, didn't miss a beat and it doesn't appear she lost any time in shock or denial. She just said wow who would thunk it? As judgmental as she is, and as quick as she was to believe that crap, there is no way she was a friend to him. IMO. Now I'm not sure about Chris. I hope he was a bit more loyal to Travis than that. I hate to be as "judgmental" and quick to jump to conclusions as she was, but I would certainly hope and pray it would take my friends a whole lot longer to believe that about me and that it would take much more than someone saying "I have proof" before they just caved right in and believed something so heinous of me.

I am having problems thanking people, too.....refreshing and refreshing...isn't this bad for WS?

I must admit it happened to me. When I first posted on WS, I worded something wrong and was promptly called out. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember (it was a long time ago) and I will be the first to admit I am an extremely overly-sensitive person. But it has kept me from posting. I am the epitome of a "lurker" and I think that's why.

Thank you is not enough because I have tried all day to figure out how so many intelligent people could go off so quickly on a difference of opinion. I have absolutely no doubt that CMJA is the creature who murdered Travis but when someone suggested he thought it may have been two people I mistakenly replied with my thoughts on that. Now I know I'm not the sharpest pencil in the cup but I don't appreciate anyone scolding me for my opinion or thinking I may be a troll. Sorry for the rant and thanks again angelrae. back to lurking.

Greetings all, < Waves>
Thought I'd pop in and say hi during the awkward pause.

I've been reading along, and would like to thank everyone for the Thread Compilations,
Court Documents, Videos, and, AZL, and her awesome trench-coat.
Thank you for walking us through/ making sense of, Chaos.

The lesson I've learned from this trial, is Patience,
and the necessity of its practice.
It's been painful at times.
I may have squeezed Raggedy Ann a little too hard.
Sorry, Ann.

So many familiar and New faces... I am lovin' all the wordiness.

Forgiveness, is the fragrance crushed violets leave under our heel. ~ Mark Twain.

BBM

It's possible that Dworkin and Melendez said they didn't find any because they didn't actually look for any, because they weren't asked to. For instance, Dworkin said that after running the standard protocols, the next task was to "turn to specific areas of interest" - the internet history, photos and messages - and it's hard to imagine why either Melendez or Dworkin would have been asked to look at anti-malware log files. Ordinarily, they wouldn't have any probative value at all.

And, although Martinez details 24 viruses and 17 malicious items in his response, this may be the first time that anyone's looked at those log files. And the only reason they've done so is because - it seems - the defense expert has, and his meaningless findings have been presented as something they're not.

Also, there's no proof yet that any files of any kind were in fact deleted - by human hand or otherwise. Nurmi hasn't provided any and Martinez questions "if it did occur".

ETA: Gah! indeed! I'm really trying to keep my sanity on this one too.
Melendez stopped working for Mesa in 11/2008. Correct? Maybe he was never asked to look for *advertiser censored* because this outrageous claim came years later at trial? Just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez