Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if CMJA's PI was the person responsible for handling the HD? Do we know for sure said person was a forensics expert at all?

http://courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6467813.pdf

Based on Defense Motion to Release Property and there being no objection by the State,
IT IS ORDERED granting the motion and affirming that the Defense investigator may
pick up the property listed in the motion.
Filed: Defendant’s Motion to Release Property

I'm watching Nurmi with Chris Hughes, and Nurmi was reading Sky's email to him where she was asking what age Travis preferred… and I just lost quite a bit of respect for Sky. She just immediately went with what Nurmi said, didn't miss a beat and it doesn't appear she lost any time in shock or denial. She just said wow who would thunk it? As judgmental as she is, and as quick as she was to believe that crap, there is no way she was a friend to him. IMO. Now I'm not sure about Chris. I hope he was a bit more loyal to Travis than that. I hate to be as "judgmental" and quick to jump to conclusions as she was, but I would certainly hope and pray it would take my friends a whole lot longer to believe that about me and that it would take much more than someone saying "I have proof" before they just caved right in and believed something so heinous of me.

SMH. Looking from the outside in here (Of course), but based on the e-mails discussed in court I get the feeling that a part of her - a huge part of her - might have seriously disliked him because of the way he chose to live his life. She didn't like that he was such a flirt. She didn't like that he was a "womanizer". I think she went way beyond being a "concerned friend" to being judge and jury. Her dislike of that aspect of his personality made it easier for her to believe a DEFENSE (!!) attorney's lies. The fact that she was so quick in condemning Travis afterwards makes me agree with you and think that she was never a close friends of his. Maybe superficially then - because when it truly counted, she was quick to assume the worst - and spread the news.

And I guess now we know why Juan Martinez won't be calling them to the stand.

Based on Defense Motion to Release Property and there being no objection by the State,
IT IS ORDERED granting the motion and affirming that the Defense investigator may

If PI picks up property (laptop). Is he supervised or can he just obtain it on his own, which I consider risky. Meaning he could of took it anywhere and done anything with it including damaging the hard drive. He then thinks what he has done will throw a wrench in the case and he then thinks he can become famous and start raking in some blood money. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If PI picks up property (laptop). Is he supervised or can he just obtain it on his own, which I consider risky. Meaning he could of took it anywhere and done anything with it including damaging the hard drive. He then thinks what he has done will throw a wrench in the case and he then thinks he can become famous and start raking in some blood money. Just my opinion.

When JSS finally hears the motions we'll all find out more information, but it's all very sus to me.

This doesn't list what the property was. Is it the date that means it was the computer.

Was this the period when JA was representing herself?

Things are starting to make some sense perhaps. It could be that JA lined up some shady "expert" who concocted "evidence" from the hard drive and then messed up the hard drive to the point where it's impossible to disprove his "findings". That seems far-fetched, but I would put nothing past JA. I darn sure hope the state has an image of what left their office.

If i remember correctly, didn't CMJA admit to Dectective Flores that Travis' computer HAD a virus? I am sure Juan will get that interrogation tape. This virus is a non issue to me, although her DT wants her conviction thrown out b/o it. I remember back then using our first PC, I accidentally hit something that made *advertiser censored* flash up on my screen & had to purchase an anti virus software to clean it up, although I remember the computer used to freeze up alot back then. Now, thankfully, internet providers include antivirus software in their services, at least mine does.
I hope the testimony moves along this week, it was a boring, waste of time last week. I will bet Juan is raring to go tomorrow, unless JSS allows Nurmi to draw this so called "expert" out a few more days.
Can't wait til Dr Demarte gets back on the witness stand.
Per Juan, the jury were told the trial will end around December 17. JSS needs to get control of her courtroom and keep this trial on schedule.
Unfortunately, I will guess that the murderess will not get the death penalty. As much as I think she deserves it, I don't think the jury will unanimously vote for it. Although an AZ jury did give Wendy Devault the DP, but I think CMJA chances are 80/20 against getting the DP. In any case, Perryville awaits hopefully by Christmas.
I am not convinced the "secret witness" was CMJA either (with AZ lawyer on this).
Let's see what motions the Nurm can file this week. I was rather appalled that JSS allowed the courtroom to be cleared for the "secret witness" whomever that was. That is truly unconstitutional. What was she thinking? Women who were raped have to testify (think about the Castro case) as do other victims of child molestation (think Jerry Sandusky) who does she think she is?

If i remember correctly, didn't CMJA admit to Dectective Flores that Travis' computer HAD a virus? I am sure Juan will get that interrogation tape. This virus is a non issue to me, although her DT wants her conviction thrown out b/o it. I remember back then using our first PC, I accidentally hit something that made *advertiser censored* flash up on my screen & had to purchase an anti virus software to clean it up, although I remember the computer used to freeze up alot back then. Now, thankfully, internet providers include antivirus software in their services, at least mine does.
I hope the testimony moves along this week, it was a boring, waste of time last week. I will bet Juan is raring to go tomorrow, unless JSS allows Nurmi to draw this so called "expert" out a few more days.
Per Juan, the jury were told the trial will end around December 17. JSS needs to get control of her courtroom and keep this trial on schedule.
Unfortunately, I will guess that the murderess will not get the death penalty. As much as I think she deserves it, I don't think the jury will unanimously vote for it. Although an AZ jury did give Wendy Devault the DP, but I think CMJA chances are 80/20 against getting the DP. In any case, Perryville awaits hopefully by Christmas.
I am not convinced the "secret witness" was CMJA either (with AZ lawyer on this).
Let's see what motions the Nurm can file this week. I was rather appalled that JSS allowed the courtroom to be cleared for the "secret witness" whomever that was. That is truly unconstitutional. What was she thinking? Women who were raped have to testify (think about the Castro case) as do other victims of child molestation (think Jerry Sandusky) who does she think she is?

I agree. I think the odds are in her favor. AZ only has 4 women on deathrow. And she's young. Plus some people might be for the DP but think that only child-murderers and serial killers deserve it. Next to that, some of them jury might think she can be rehabilitated. Not! She's evil.

But honestly, after this computer-scare, I'll be happy just to see her conviction stand. Nurmi's motion left me with PTMD (Post Traumatic Motion Disorder).

She relinquished her rights to represent herself in mid September. It looks like the motion for the PI was submitted September 2nd. Suspicious timing.

As previously reported on here Chris Hughes has been chatting via the blog on Karasoncrime.com. He made 2 points that I hadn't heard before; Lisa broke up with Travis because JA deliberately told a friend of Lisa's sister that her & Travis were still seeing each other and also that JA hadn't worked consistently since the summer before she met Travis. JA owed Travis a lot of money because of that & the only reason she moved back to Yreka was that she was financially destitute. Travis had stopped helping her out financially & nobody else would lend her any more money.

Could JA's "computer forensics expert" be the person who wanted to testify in secret? If it turns out he is a shady character who did something nefarious, then it would fit that this is all a big setup. KN and JW are off the hook in terms of being part of it, because it apparently took place during that short period when officially JA represented herself. So they can just take this genius's word for everything now - they didn't engage in any crime by abetting his destroying evidence. They'll claim the state must have done that themselves.

I'm usually too cynical for my own good, but this is all starting to look really fishy. The pile of carp seems to keep growing.

Attachments

• carp.jpg
    carp.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 195
This doesn't list what the property was. Is it the date that means it was the computer.

Was this the period when JA was representing herself?

Things are starting to make some sense perhaps. It could be that JA lined up some shady "expert" who concocted "evidence" from the hard drive and then messed up the hard drive to the point where it's impossible to disprove his "findings". That seems far-fetched, but I would put nothing past JA. I darn sure hope the state has an image of what left their office.

Yes to both

Thanks, but I think you missed the point of my post. Please re-read and if I didn't state it clearly, let me know and I'll try again. :-)

No, I understood your point. I think Juan is free to make that assumption based on the strong circumstantial evidence. The standards are not the same as if he were presenting evidence in front of a jury. It's a reasonable assumption from the facts, and he is not required to believe any differently. The judge or anyone reading the motion is free to disagree, but he can make that claim with no legal ramifications because it's a logical assumption, IMO.

This is a younger jury, DeMarte will nullify anything the DT will put before the jury I have complete faith in her & Juan

This is a younger jury, DeMarte will nullify anything the DT will put before the jury I have complete faith in her & Juan

Maybe the DT is going all in and aiming everything toward the older lady on the jury. They only need 1; Juan needs 12.

BBM

It's possible that Dworkin and Melendez said they didn't find any because they didn't actually look for any, because they weren't asked to. For instance, Dworkin said that after running the standard protocols, the next task was to "turn to specific areas of interest" - the internet history, photos and messages - and it's hard to imagine why either Melendez or Dworkin would have been asked to look at anti-malware log files. Ordinarily, they wouldn't have any probative value at all.

And, although Martinez details 24 viruses and 17 malicious items in his response, this may be the first time that anyone's looked at those log files. And the only reason they've done so is because - it seems - the defense expert has, and his meaningless findings have been presented as something they're not.

Also, there's no proof yet that any files of any kind were in fact deleted - by human hand or otherwise. Nurmi hasn't provided any and Martinez questions "if it did occur".

ETA: Gah! indeed! I'm really trying to keep my sanity on this one too.

Cindy...that's a good point. That there's room to doubt whether or not ANY files were actually deleted.

Nurmi obviously didn't do an even rudimentary fact check about what did or didn't happen on that June day. He didn't even know that Flores had removed the HD at DT counsel's request. His motion to dismiss and drop is so vague on the pertinent details ss to be useless. We know that it was CMJA who insisted on having the HD examined, and that her ethically challenged PI handled the HD,and that the HD is now broken.

None of that inspires confidence that Nurmi is shooting straight.

Cindy...that's a good point. That there's room to doubt whether or not ANY files were actually deleted.

Nurmi obviously didn't do an even rudimentary fact check about what did or didn't happen on that June day. He didn't even know that Flores had removed the HD at DT counsel's request. His motion to dismiss and drop is so vague on the pertinent details ss to be useless. We know that it was CMJA who insisted on having the HD examined, and that her ethically challenged PI handled the HD,and that the HD is now broken.

None of that inspires confidence that Nurmi is shooting straight.

The HD is now broken!?? That's very suspect. I missed a lot these last couple of days.

Maybe the DT is going all in and aiming everything toward the older lady on the jury. They only need 1; Juan needs 12.

I have faith in DeMarte, I think Nurmi is already losing this jury. He drags things out too long instead of making his point & moving on. Go to the facebook page of Juan Martinez support page & read the notes from the 13th juror. This jury was clearly frustrated with Nurmi just before lunch on Thursday.

https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage

As previously reported on here Chris Hughes has been chatting via the blog on Karasoncrime.com. He made 2 points that I hadn't heard before; Lisa broke up with Travis because JA deliberately told a friend of Lisa's sister that her & Travis were still seeing each other and also that JA hadn't worked consistently since the summer before she met Travis. JA owed Travis a lot of money because of that & the only reason she moved back to Yreka was that she was financially destitute. Travis had stopped helping her out financially & nobody else would lend her any more money.

Ok, your post made me break down and sign up for BK blog. WOW!!!! Completely worth it. She includes soooo much more detail than tweeters.

Anyway, where are CH comments you refer to? Don't see them there. Tx!

Ok, your post made me break down and sign up for BK blog. WOW!!!! Completely worth it. She includes soooo much more detail than tweeters.

Anyway, where are CH comments you refer to? Don't see them there. Tx!

I'm really impressed with it, her video entries for court days contain so much detail that you just don't get via twitter. Chris & Skye are both desperate to testify but have not been contacted by either side & aren't on any witness list. For Chris' comments go to the home page & click on the blog for the last court day. At the end of the blog is where all the chat starts, there's a lot of comments from Chris on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez