Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should give some people laughs:

Jodi thinks she is just a dork....and quotes Travis "the cream always raises to the top" BUT...even though she sits in jail, she still dedicates herself to the vertical path....and more nonsense:

http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/06/dear-ryan-letter-from-jodi.html#more

AND, read captions on all the posted photos:

http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/

Poor Ryan... Oh I think Detective Flores is right, he would have been in danger.
I had never read the letter from her to Ryan before. It was insightful.

In a second motion filed yesterday, November 16, Martinez calls for the judge to sanction the defense team. Reportedly, a mirror image of a hard drive was turned over to the State on Friday, however it was to a Dell computer not a Compaq and the owner was some guy named Tony.

Juan Martinez accuses Kirk Nurmi of "stalling" and demands the correct mirror image no later than noon on Monday November 17.

SO DID NURMI TURN ANYTHING OVER YESTERDAY?

In a second motion filed yesterday, November 16, Martinez calls for the judge to sanction the defense team. Reportedly, a mirror image of a hard drive was turned over to the State on Friday, however it was to a Dell computer not a Compaq and the owner was some guy named Tony.

Juan Martinez accuses Kirk Nurmi of "stalling" and demands the correct mirror image no later than noon on Monday November 17.

Not that I have seen today.

I appreciate the information in your post about the killer's hard drive, Shadowboy. Such a sad loss for the Defense that there were no black & blue bruise images on the drive. They would have been so edifying & the killer was so sure they were there. In fact, she still blames her attorneys for not finding and producing them.

Feeling more deprived than ever that we are shut out of the proceedings, except for Twitter. FBI agent Joe Navarro tells us 80% of human communication is body language. We have good recall & we know the trial in chief was rich with visual output. Of course, he has plenty to say about such smirking and sneering as we saw. It is not just that the trial tweets leave out important material but that we cannot see justice at work and that is an aspect of trial we are entitled to. Joe Navarro is referring to such behavior in general, not in the Arias criminal proceeding. But the point is, though we are not body language experts, we react to it anyway, including Arias stretching out, laying out really, over the defense table. And now we can't. An important source of trial reality (80%!) is closed to us.

Harper Collins saw fit to publish Navarro's book. What Everybody Is Saying​.

What expert? We don't even know there was one. We only know for sure that her PI took possession of the HD.

I don't give Nurmi a free pass on anything relating to this HD, and no, I don't believe he was so careless as to turn over a HD that JM demanded after N's accusation without knowing something about it.

Well, obviously someone looked at it. Therefore, he's an expert or an "expert."

Not sure where you're getting this information. Dworkin (in my post above) was the DT computer expert; the DT entered photos taken from JA's hard drive trying to show that JA had dark hair in photos taken before her deadly road trip. So ... the recovered mirror image of JA's broken drive was definitely entered into evidence as were images from that drive. I can find no mention that the drive was broken in half, but if you can find that info, please point me in the right direction! I wasted quite a bit of time yesterday looking (unsuccessfully) for the condition of her computer when it was seized.

A while back I read almost everything on the court records page. My memory says it was way back in the first few years of the case. Interesting that they were able to use something from this drive for the defense.

Here's how I see it:

Everyone is ready for Nurmi's head to roll and accusing him. But when it was Juan Martinez we thought there should be some solid evidence before accusations should be made. Shouldn't Nurmi, even if he is a slime ball, get the same benefit?

I also see it like this: after the fear that was felt last week over Jodi possibly walking on this, I'm just glad it's all just much ado about nothing and there actually was a reasonable explanation for all of it. Trying to investigate something like this is and get people in trouble is just a misplacement of energy, especially when all involved will claim it was an honest mistake and there will be no proving otherwise and so we move on. I'm sure Juan is just focused on getting this job done and doesn't care about that other stuff. He just wants to do his job.

And besides, don't we want Nurmi to do well and not get in trouble so there's no appeals later on?

My two cents.

So JSS came back from lunch yesterday and shut the trial down, for a secret emergency. Interesting that JM had given Nurmi until NOON to turn over the correct HD. I think this flustercuck is the reason for the 2 day postponement. JSS would want to clear this mess up before finishing up with this witness. Ms. F, a Sexpert, was obviously brought on to talk about the pedo BS. I am sure NUrmi was pushing hard to allow her to speak on the computer 'discovery.' I just hope JSS can see through the krapp and move on to JM< soon.

I read from one of Trial Diaries tweets that gasps were heard throughout the courtroom when this judge said there was an emergency. I wonder why? I wish there was someone there who could tell us more than what the tweets are telling us. Like how the jury is responding to this witness, and what the behavior is from the murderer, her expressions, is she still writing or drawing, or whatever it is she does.

I totally agree. For the court room to be filled with audible gasps when the judge announced there was an emergency, thereby delaying court testimony for two full days, tells me that everyone is tired of this carp! :gaah:

What "sanctions" could the court impose? Fines? Jail time?

Goin really out on a limb here and trying to put timing of the events together. . . . .

Question for AZL or any other Atty:

Could JSS order DT members to immediate jail time for 48 hours and that is why court is delayed for 2 days?

(I think Nurmi would gladly sit his time out in a cell if he could move this delay further into a mistrial)

So, off topic but, the Appellate Court here in Tenn just released opinions for today...

http://www.tncourts.gov/courts/supr...opinions+(Tennessee+appellate+court+opinions)

We find that, under the circumstances of this case, defense counsels&#8217; failure to develop and present psychological mitigation evidence deprived their client of his right to effective assistance of counsel. While we uphold the client&#8217;s convictions, we vacate his death sentence and remand for a new capital sentencing hearing.

I was thinking hmmmmm so let the "expert" continue on and Juan will get all undone I hope lol.

I've known Lonnie for 15 years and I agree 100%. I would be shocked if he mislabeled anything, including the containers in his freezer lol. :)

Ha! I can totally see that!!! Thanks for your insight.

I appreciate the information in your post about the killer's hard drive, Shadowboy. Such a sad loss for the Defense that there were no black & blue bruise images on the drive. They would have been so edifying & the killer was so sure they were there. In fact, she still blames her attorneys for not finding and producing them.

I know, right? At least the DT found and presented the stupid "Travis'" underwear pix ... a photo taken a month and a half (or so) AFTER TA's murder.

What "sanctions" could the court impose? Fines? Jail time?

Goin really out on a limb here and trying to put timing of the events together. . . . .

Question for AZL or any other Atty:

Could JSS order DT members to immediate jail time for 48 hours and that is why court is delayed for 2 days?

(I think Nurmi would gladly sit his time out in a cell if he could move this delay further into a mistrial)

No, JM has not accused them of doing anything illegal. He also has not requested that kind of "sanctions." IIRC, his request was for the judge to deny the defense motion for sanctions, exclude the *advertiser censored* evidence, and move the heck on with the case.

:seeya:

Below is a list which contains the number of Court Days to date and the number of NO Court Days.

As a reference, I listed the name of witness who testified and if the day was spent on hearings.

This list is to keep track of what days court was held and how many days court was DELAYED.

PLEASE feel free to correct any errors or add any additional information, or any formatting suggestions.

I hope this helps ... Thank You !

Jury Selection: Began September 29, 2014

Re-Trial of the Sentencing Phase Began October 21, 2014:

Day 1: Tuesday - October 21, 2014

Opening Statements
Witnesses: Detective Flores and Officer Melendez

Day 2: Wednesday - October 22, 2014
Witnesses: Dr. Horn and Former Det. Mendes

Day 3: Thursday - October 23, 2014
Witnesses: Dr. Flores, Wal-Mart Employee, Det. Friedman

NO COURT:
Friday - October 24, 2014
Saturday - October 25, 2014
Sunday - October 26, 2014

Day 4: Monday - October 27, 2014
Witness: Detective Flores

Day 5: Tuesday - October 28, 2014
Witness: Detective Flores

NO COURT:
Wednesday - October 29, 2014

Day 6: Thursday - October 30, 2014
Victim Impact Statements: Tanisha and Steven
Witness: "MYSTERY WITNESS"

NO COURT:
Friday - October 31, 2014
Saturday - November 1, 2014
Sunday - November 2, 2014

Day 7: Monday - November 3, 2014
Hearing: Court of Appeals
Hearing: JSS Court : how to proceed re: Court of Appeals Order

Tuesday – November 4, 2014
JSS Court: Hearing on how to proceed.

NO COURT:
Wednesday – November 5, 2014
Thursday – November 6, 2014
Friday – November 7, 2014
Saturday - November 8, 2014
Sunday - November 9, 2014
Monday – November 10, 2014 [No Court – previously scheduled]
Tuesday – November 11, 2014 [Veterans Day]

Day 8: Wednesday – November 12, 2014
JSS Court: Hearing on Media/Cameras/Computer
Witness: Dr. L.C. Miccio-Fonseca

Day 9: Thursday – November 13, 2014

NO COURT:
Friday – November 14, 2014
Saturday - November 15, 2014
Sunday - November 16, 2014

Day 10: Monday – November 17, 2014

NO COURT:
Tuesday – November 18, 2014
Wednesday – November 19, 2014

Court to Resume Thursday – November 20, 2014 ?

Nurmi sure did manage to insert a lot of days between VIS and his trial. Can you imagine if he would have put this doctor on the stand after the Alexanders? The jurors wouldn't have had any tolerance for his line of questioning.

Another post by the "13th Juror" over at the Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page; there are liberal references to the DeVault trial as well, but he's probably trying to give his frame of reference (and pump his book, heh):

https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/317776501749266

As always, it's social media....take it ALL with a big fat grain of salt.

(Respectfully snipped to make a comment on this author's post on Facebook yesterday.)

It was refreshing to know that he is sitting in the court room observing this penalty phase of CMJA's trial. I liked reading this in his post since it gave me hope that this jury is not buying the carp that the Defense Team is dishing out:

"I can comfortably say that the Jury is irritated and not only at what happened at the conclusion of the day. Seventeen people were selected because they are reasonable. A reasonable man or woman in a Jury box is not looking for information on Travis Alexander.

They want to know why Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander in cold blood (as predetermined by the first Jury) and what made Jodi Arias do this cruel and heinous act." Paul Sanders (The 13th Juror)

Is there any chance that the defence team examined the wrong hard drive? Tony's harddrive.

I'd like to think there would be a protocol in place that they'd be required to follow. You know one that you'd would match up the case numbers when they received it, while looking at it, and before you return it. Kinda like the chain of command that the defense wants the state to bend over backwards for them. This , along with all the the other crap, make Nurmi and Wilmont look dishonest and inept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop