Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/H9/H9A.HTM
"this Remote Commander, as it's called, is very useful for placing your camera on top of the television for slideshows and video playback. You can activate the Sony H9 in either still or movie mode from a good distance. In the lab they couldn't go further than about fifty feet, and it still worked when the camera was facing the remote."
"But it took a while to get accustomed to some of the controls, and I was disappointed at the lack of control over compression, the omission of RAW image storage(http://photo.net/learn/raw/), and the menu system."

Do you have any thoughts as to why some of the photos have the date stamp and some do not? The quality of some seemed so off to me. Also, in her interviews with Flores, she said that the dates could be changed and then backtracked by saying at least that is what she has heard (lots of liars use this method). She also drew for Flores the size of the memory cards and said that she had one the same size as Travis in a broken camera in her storage unit and she had some of the same pictures on her broken camera car.

I have found that liars sometimes like to give enough information for you to get to the truth. If you do not get there, then they have a special 'dupers delight'. She seemed like she was really enjoying that part of the interview.

BBM From reading the reviews I had posted, using the NightShot infrared system(changes the ISO iirc) especially with the noise reduction gives grainy pics accounting for some of them and like I suspect, some were taken with a different camera(aka JA's).

I do know that you can change dates on pics on some cameras, but it's that some show dates and some don't have anything that's strange if they were all taken at the same time. I suspect she used the remote for her nude shots(the focus was off in those), actually took the nude ones of TA herself(focus was much better), but all the nudes were taken in low light which leads me to suspect JA had used either TA's with the NightShot which apparently does not perform as well as would be hoped(see the reviews I had previously posted, there's a baby pic as an example) or her older camera that was apparently broken at some point. The shower pics I think she used the Zoom and perhaps the noise reduction and the NightShot so TA wouldn't notice her taking the pics, obviously he did notice(ergo the face pic we all know so well) because even the NightShot gives off a bit of a flash and that's when the jig was up imo.

Yea the memory cards... I think she was hoping to cover herself at first by claiming that they were hers, then realized that they had accessed the deleted pics too. That's when her story started changing iirc.

Hey, another comparison to Casey Anthony and her parent- Cindy choked her too. And gas cans, and diaries, oh my!!!

I still can't get over that Travis died on June 4th of 2008 and Caylee on June 16th 2008. What a horrific month that was.

At that point into the interrogation, I don't even think it was known the camera has been found. The LE did not tell anyone about that critical piece of evidence.

I like to believe Jodi knew about cameras, since she was photographer extrodinaire, and was trying to pull off the naive, sweet girl act with Flores.

Sony has their own SD cards. You cannot buy a standard SD card with a Sony camera. JMO

Det.F. told JA pics had been recovered during the interrogation on July 15, 2008 and iirc JA had an older Sony camera, I seem to recall that she mentioned something about that when telling how she'd helped TA decide what kind of camera to get. Sorry for all the quotes from the transcripts, I just thought rather than making you reread it all..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...PTS-of-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias
"05:55
DF: I traveled all the way up here to talk to you because … you know I’ve been working on Travis’s case ever since it happened, okay, and I know exactly when it happened, when he was killed, and a lot of details, and just recently we found quite a bit of evidence, and I’ll discuss that with you. The main thing that I’m looking for though is answers on why certain things happened… why they went so far and also to get your statements."

"07:37
DF: Let’s see this is July 15, 2008. Correct?"

"29:15
DF: You were at Travis’s house. You guys had a sexual encounter, which there’s pictures, and we know there are pictures, because I have them. I will show them to you. Okay? So… what I’m asking you is for you to be honest with me. I know you were there."

"30:09
DF: Remember I told you about the camera. That camera was damaged. Someone put it in the washing machine. Ran it through a wash cycle with some clothes of Travis’s, but the card is intact. Remember I told you that card was destroyed? I didn’t want to tell you the truth, because I wanted to make sure those photos were accurate and we can pull deleted photos. I don’t care if you delete ‘em six months ago, we can pull every photo that was on there… pull the little pixels together, get the time stamps, and we can verify those time stamps, and I have pictures of you in Travis’s bedroom with Travis, pictures of him, and it’s obvious you guys are having sex, taking photos of each other, and they’re dated and time stamped on the day he died."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias/page2
"09:55
JA: Is there any way I can see some of those photos?

10:00
FO: What would you do with them if you could see them?

10:03
JA: Just look at them."

"08:07
JA: Can I … Can I ask you? I don’t know if you know this. Ohhhh, I have a camera and it’s in my storage unit that I don’t use any more but Travis and I used to use frequently, and we took pictures with it. Ummmm… this is… I don’t know. This is kind of.

08:25
DF: Do you remember taking these pictures?

08:30
JA: There were many pictures. I… Vaguely. There were…we took tons and tons of pictures. Some I saved and most we deleted. Umm…Some he sent me through his phone.

08:40
DF: He usually deleted all the pictures like this.

JA: Yeah, well, before he got…

08:45
DF: Any pictures like this that I found anywhere on his computer, camera, anything, they were deleted.

08:56
JA: Well, prior to him getting his camera all of those pictures were on my camera. Umm…so,

09:05:
DF: All these same pictures?

09:09
Umm…I don’t know. I don’t know. We took…umm…we took a bunch the week before I left. Umm….we took a bunch over the last 6 or 7 months. Umm we took over the last year even when we were still dating but we would delete them mostly.

There were some that he sent me that I didn’t delete. Umm…what I’m asking… is it possible that you know that my memory card would have been in his camera, if they’re interchangeable?

09:47
DF: How do you know if they’re interchangeable?

09:49
JA: I don’t…That’s why I’m asking is what kind of memory card it was…

09:53
Just a regular little sd card.

09:56
(JA reaches across the table, picks up a pencil/pen and begins to draw on DF’s paper)
JA: Well, cos I’ve got one…I’ve got one that’s like this big, and it’s thin, like a cracker. The one I use in my professional camera is like this size, and it’s more kinda’ like that big, and the little one is really thin, and it’s got like little thingy’s here. (unintelligible)…one looks like that in the middle part, so that one obviously probably wouldn’t be interchangeable because it’s a Canon and it’s…

10:23
DF: It’s not interchangeable.

10:25
JA: But… the other one… (Sighs) I don’t know. I don’t know.

10:30
DF: Your camera’s here. His camera’s there. He just bought that camera.

10:33
JA: Well, the other camera that I used before that’s broken now it’s in my storage unit. But it’s still there.

10:39
DF: And you’re saying those pictures are on that camera?

10:42
JA: I’m… no… what I’m saying is, I had several memory cards for this camera that I don’t have any more, and so, I guess… it’s so far fetched… I would guess it’s possible that my card…

10:57
DF: You’re saying somebody took your pictures or your card and is framing you and put that into his camera and…

11:04
JA: No, no, no, no. I’m just saying that if… if my memory cards were left at his house he could…he would have used those for his camera. I don’t know. I don’t know. I can explain the blood though and I can explain the hair. I don’t know about the palm print."

Detective Melendez testified on day 5 of the guilt phase of the trial that the time stamps on the photos retrieved from the unallocated space of the camera's SD card were added in EnCase.

In JA's testimony on cross on day 25 she tries to weasel out of saying that she deleted photos, but ultimately she admits that she did delete the ones that were deleted.

If she had copied images from her camera to this memory card, the EXIF and other metadata would have made it obvious. That did not happen.

But she didn't have to copy anything if she used a memory card that already had pics on it, it would just add more pics to it. Now whether it would show dates... anything actually taken with the new camera apparently would, but the old pics already on the card would have had to be altered or left blank. Some of the pics had no dates.

In on of the interviews (I think with the Policewoman), JA asks about when she can get camera because she has photos of a wedding she just shot, her little brother and her little sister. Then she says that her mother wanted the ones of the sister's prom photos so that she can sent them to her because she is away at a rehab place for something. She elaborates wildly during this time, gives a million details, fake cries and pretty much looks like the liar we now know.

Thanks, I just wish the old links I had were still viable.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias/page2
"23:10
JA: and also on my external drive as well, maybe my computer and hard drive, too. There were pictures of my little sister and I, and for whatever reason, she’s in some kind of rehab program right now."

Det.F. told JA pics had been recovered during the interrogation on July 15, 2008 and iirc JA had an older Sony camera, I seem to recall that she mentioned something about that when telling how she'd helped TA decide what kind of camera to get. Sorry for all the quotes from the transcripts, I just thought rather than making you reread it all..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...PTS-of-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias
"05:55
DF: I traveled all the way up here to talk to you because … you know I’ve been working on Travis’s case ever since it happened, okay, and I know exactly when it happened, when he was killed, and a lot of details, and just recently we found quite a bit of evidence, and I’ll discuss that with you. The main thing that I’m looking for though is answers on why certain things happened… why they went so far and also to get your statements."

"07:37
DF: Let’s see this is July 15, 2008. Correct?"

"29:15
DF: You were at Travis’s house. You guys had a sexual encounter, which there’s pictures, and we know there are pictures, because I have them. I will show them to you. Okay? So… what I’m asking you is for you to be honest with me. I know you were there."

"30:09
DF: Remember I told you about the camera. That camera was damaged. Someone put it in the washing machine. Ran it through a wash cycle with some clothes of Travis’s, but the card is intact. Remember I told you that card was destroyed? I didn’t want to tell you the truth, because I wanted to make sure those photos were accurate and we can pull deleted photos. I don’t care if you delete ‘em six months ago, we can pull every photo that was on there… pull the little pixels together, get the time stamps, and we can verify those time stamps, and I have pictures of you in Travis’s bedroom with Travis, pictures of him, and it’s obvious you guys are having sex, taking photos of each other, and they’re dated and time stamped on the day he died."

"09:55
JA: Is there any way I can see some of those photos?

10:00
FO: What would you do with them if you could see them?

10:03
JA: Just look at them."

"08:07
JA: Can I … Can I ask you? I don’t know if you know this. Ohhhh, I have a camera and it’s in my storage unit that I don’t use any more but Travis and I used to use frequently, and we took pictures with it. Ummmm… this is… I don’t know. This is kind of.

08:25
DF: Do you remember taking these pictures?

JA: There were many pictures. I… Vaguely. There were…we took tons and tons of pictures. Some I saved and most we deleted. Umm…Some he sent me through his phone.

DF: Any pictures like this that I found anywhere on his computer, camera, anything, they were deleted.

08:56
JA: Well, prior to him getting his camera all of those pictures were on my camera. Umm…so,

09:05:
DF: All these same pictures?

09:09
Umm…I don’t know. I don’t know. We took…umm…we took a bunch the week before I left. Umm….we took a bunch over the last 6 or 7 months. Umm we took over the last year even when we were still dating but we would delete them mostly.

There were some that he sent me that I didn’t delete. Umm…what I’m asking… is it possible that you know that my memory card would have been in his camera, if they’re interchangeable?

09:47
DF: How do you know if they’re interchangeable?

09:49
JA: I don’t…That’s why I’m asking is what kind of memory card it was…

09:53
Just a regular little sd card.

09:56
(JA reaches across the table, picks up a pencil/pen and begins to draw on DF’s paper)
JA: Well, cos I’ve got one…I’ve got one that’s like this big, and it’s thin, like a cracker. The one I use in my professional camera is like this size, and it’s more kinda’ like that big, and the little one is really thin, and it’s got like little thingy’s here. (unintelligible)…one looks like that in the middle part, so that one obviously probably wouldn’t be interchangeable because it’s a Canon and it’s…

10:23
DF: It’s not interchangeable.

10:25
JA: But… the other one… (Sighs) I don’t know. I don’t know.

10:30
DF: Your camera’s here. His camera’s there. He just bought that camera.

10:33
JA: Well, the other camera that I used before that’s broken now it’s in my storage unit. But it’s still there.

10:39
DF: And you’re saying those pictures are on that camera?

10:42
JA: I’m… no… what I’m saying is, I had several memory cards for this camera that I don’t have any more, and so, I guess… it’s so far fetched… I would guess it’s possible that my card…

10:57
DF: You’re saying somebody took your pictures or your card and is framing you and put that into his camera and…

11:04
JA: No, no, no, no. I’m just saying that if… if my memory cards were left at his house he could…he would have used those for his camera. I don’t know. I don’t know. I can explain the blood though and I can explain the hair. I don’t know about the palm print."

I have got to say, she is quite the spontaneous, calm, LIAR. Wow.

DF throws her a huge curveball, and tells her he has photos from the day she murdered Travis. And instead of freaking out, she instantly tries to craft a lie concerning her memory cards from her old camera, being in his camera, so pix were from an earlier date/time. She is pretty quick/ :liar: :liar: :liar: :jail: :jail: :jail: :denied:

The pedophilia smear was a time consuming flop but Arias refuses to relinquish this. Does she think she will be seen as a champion for the protection of children, if she can just make her allegation stick? That it will be known she "did the world a favor"? That anyone will believe that was her motive in the murder? She seems unaware of the legal truism that a defendant's analysis of why he or she did the act, in a crime of intent, may be seen as self-serving. Judge & jury might more likely conclude that, if they have perceived egocentric behavior in her personal history or in court. Another facet of these pedophilia explorations is the shock value, the sensational power when presented. We long ago figured she elected this as her favored stratagem for this exact dramatic effect, not because she believed the slander she was applying to her victim.

Even though her slander of Travis fails to mitigate or defend her actions, B is scheduled to return to reinforce it. If he does, our prosecutor will make short work of him. What next, Arias? Are we moving over to the plaint that you & your witnesses are in fear of death threats? The higher court finds no purpose in hiding testimony since both content & identity come to light after the fact and does find for David Bodney that you are violating the 1st & 6th Amendments in secreting yourself. The peril involved in facing the death penalty is not more dangerous, not more threatening because we know who you are and what you have to say. One of the important principles of due process is its public nature. That protects you, Miss Arias as it also serves and informs the People of the State of Arizona who have charged you with this crime of aggravated, premeditated murder.

The pedophilia smear has always been central to her legal and subliminal strategy, as well as a fine tactic to destroy Travis again and again.

The pedo lie is meant to explain why Travis abused her, and only her. She knew his secret , blah blah. Without that connection to the abuse it would never have been allowed in.

From the DT view: pedo explains the abuse, slimes Travis, and mitigates the slaughter because he was a deceptive abuser pedophile who deserved to die.

Flores is asking Jodi what was the purpose of the visit

02:40
JA: I’m just starting to remember. I’m just trying to remember that week, that whole week, and the week prior had a lot to do with it… the weekend or Friday night prior, I think
. - ( Travis telling her off and the gun was stolen.)

No. He was supposed to come twice. He was gonna’ maybe come up as… and I kinda’ like was hoping he would come by March, I’m sorry, May 24th, because I was singing the National Anthem at the races and I thought… I just... it’s part of one of my goals for this year was one of my fears to overcome was being in front of large crowds or public speaking, um…so - (Travis didn't go up there for that weekend, but Jodi did something that caused the rant because he didn't go?)
and

JA: Yes, we had sex a couple of times. Once was in his bed and once was again downstairs in his office. He was looking at some pictures that I had brought for him, but he has a virus on his computer, so when he clicked the Start menu on Windows XP or Windows 2000 or whatever, you have like My Pictures, My Music, My Computer. You can usually click on My Computer and then go into the disc drive and open that. He clicked the Windows and it come up and none of that My Pictures, My Music, none of that would come up, so he had some kind of virus he was dealing with. His screensaver was a bunch of little bugs eating up the screen. It was just weird, and he said that is from the virus, too. I said, “That’s a cute screensaver,” and he said, “Yeah, it’s my stupid virus.” For some reason, that was frustrating for both of us, because we couldn’t look at the pictures, and they were from a lot of our church history trips which are on my other external drive which I haven’t been able to access for a long time, since after Christmas, because it just quit, and I just haven’t had the money to spend to get all that stuff back. - ( the hard drive that had the two penis photos )

It's like she talks in circles in the above paragraph. She starts out saying "He was looking at some pictures that I had brought for him" then a little later she says "For some reason, that was frustrating for both of us, because we couldn’t look at the pictures." I am up way too early to try and decipher her .

BBM I don't have the actual transcript but this is one account of what the expert said, which is/was what I'm questioning.

http://************.com/2013/04/22/jodi-arias-trial-rebuttal-winds-down-fog-fugue-freed-or-fraud-are-the-sex-pics-from-months-before-travis-alexanders-murder-do-they-show-arias-broke-in/

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why the link isn't being allowed.

"In testimony from Detective Michael Melendez where the images allegedly taken by Travis’s camera were recovered from the deleted or unallocated portions of the memory stick via Encase software we learned that the infamous afternoon of highly graphic sex images of both Travis and Jodi that were dated and time-stamped on June 4th took place that afternoon prior to Travis’s murder."

As you say, that's an account, or summary. In the actual testimony (Day 6, I think it is) Det. Melendez provides the specific details, including the fact that some pics didn't have time/date stamps (or any other photo-specific data) because they were found in unallocated clusters, where this information becomes separated/lost from the photos.

Don't forget Travis went to visit Samantha....http://www.travisalexanderjustice.com/support

It's the pic she had shown of them during the first time around. It's on the right side, and under it, she says it was taken "2 and 1/5th weeks" before Travis was murdered.....that makes it around the end of May, as well, along with all the other crap going on with JA.

Might not be relevant, but it DOES seems like things were really buzzing around at the end of May.

* Did anyone ever find out if she DID, in fact, sing at "the races" as she said was on May 24th????

Also, Memorial Day weekend was Fri - Mon....May 23rd - 26th.

* I apologize, but all this "cluster" around the end of May is bonkers. Also, the "*advertiser censored*-o-rama" allegedly happened at the end of May, then again in June.

You would have to ask Det. Flores and Maricopa LE that directly. Personally I have no reason to doubt his word. This trial may be rife with untrustworthy characters, but he is not one of them, imo.

Yes, continued assumptions do prove the point.

I have got to say, she is quite the spontaneous, calm, LIAR. Wow.

DF throws her a huge curveball, and tells her he has photos from the day she murdered Travis. And instead of freaking out, she instantly tries to craft a lie concerning her memory cards from her old camera, being in his camera, so pix were from an earlier date/time. She is pretty quick/ :liar: :liar: :liar: :jail: :jail: :jail: :denied:

This segment of the interview also shows how she spins things so widely so as not to get nailed on anything. She does it a number of times.

For instance, taking pix of one another. She starts of saying they had taken some a week before she left, then goes on to keep widening the time frame. "Umm…I don’t know. I don’t know. We took…umm…we took a bunch the week before I left. Umm….we took a bunch over the last 6 or 7 months. "Umm we took over the last year even when we were still dating but we would delete them mostly."

The damaged drive she's talking about is not from her laptop, its an external hard drive. Most likely this is the one mentioned in the recent motions to dismiss where the heads of the drive won't spin. Also, I don't recall her having a Sony camera. Her DSLR camera was a Canon and she had an Olympus ready to shoot digital camera.

A lot of her testimony and the defense charges against Travis were put together from some of her statements during this long interview. Notice Here:

It is unclear exactly what Flores meant by "any pictures like this", because Melendez testified that no pictures of *advertiser censored* were found on Travis' computer or cell phone.

I agree there was never the possibility of her giving Flores what he wanted: a confession and explanation. She was fully in control the entire time, because she was completely un-intimidated. Everything that he said to her, she just used to try to get something of what she wanted. When he brought up the pictures, most people would think "uh oh, the jig is up." She thought, "ok, let me see them." When he brought up all the suspicion in the community directed towards her, she simply made assertions to the contrary, as if her opinion could outweigh that of any number of others. Bringing up the gun was a distraction, in that anything that she said or volunteered would have been a distraction, since she had no intention of giving him anything of what he wanted. Still, I think the gun reference was unique because it's the first time she brought something new into the conversation. She was there to be interviewed, to answer questions, and Flores introduced every subject and steered the conversation throughout except the gun reference, so, there has to be a deeper message there than mere distraction. Bringing up guns, devices designed for the purpose of killing, is no mere distraction. It's an intentional step deeper into the territory through which he was leading her, and in which he hoped she would find relief via confession and explanation. Her bringing up guns was an attempt by her to show him that she was anything but intimidated and on the verge of confession, she was self-possessed and comfortable, and anything but in his control.

Really good observations, I agree with you. That first day she was very confident and that's where I noticed the way she is able to defect ANY and criticism. And the singing and laughing? Seemed a little taken with herself. She takes responsibility for nothing.

Like Juan has pointed out repeatedly and she hates hearing: "....everything is always someone else's fault...."

Lol!!! This week has been so crazy, I swear I thought it was Monday! Thanks for setting me right, Lambchop. Who knows when it would've finally struck me today. But yay, I have more time than I thought left to accomplish things around my house before the Thief Of Time that is work reclaims it's ownership of my life.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member