Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing - Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that it was during a hearing on 10/6 in front of the judge. Arias got up and tried to submit a written motion, but Martinez stopped it straight off the bat, saying she was no longer acting pro per, and thus not entitled to submit motions. Stephens agreed and it was determined that another judge would address the motion.

I have not been able to track this any further. I did not see it appear on the docket, as it should have if it was indeed filed.

On 10/20, there was an ex parte motion made by Arias to change counsel that was only recorded on the docket on 10/31.

I remember this also, but what is the reason / purpose for it to be addressed by another judge ? If this has already been addressed here I must have missed it. TIA

I hereby note that my prediction last year of this re-sentencing phase of the trial not concluding before 2015 is rapidly becoming reality.

"First, Arias' attorney, Kirk Nurmi, enlightened the court on a little detail that we hadn't heard until now. He believes he will need until late January 2015 to finish this trial. That is quite a bit different than the Dec. 18 date Judge Sherry Stephens gave the jury and prosecutor Juan Martinez agrees with."

~ Monica Lindstrom, KTAR News (emphasis added)

If these have been asked and answered, my apologies. Is there someone JSS turns to for help with this case? Are judges not subject to oversight in the courtrooms? If JSS was doing something unlawful, wouldn't Juan be doing something about it? I personally think she doesn't know what she is doing but I am not a lawyer nor do I even begin to understand most of what has been going on. But following Websleuths, has led me to believe certain things about this case and it isn't good in her favor. I tried asking this kind of question right as there was something very pressing going on with this case and my questions got buried. Thanks for any and all answers.

Wow. I can only wonder how you do when you haven't taken NYQUIL.

You should submit this for publication.

LMAO yesterday i came down with a cold..( please everyone wipe your keys with alcohol or a disinfectant). I did the zinc lozenges and the alka seltzer cold plus daytime then night-time ..and was out like a light for the past 24 hours. Feeling better today and trying to catch up.

Again everyone please wipe your keys with alchohol or a disinfectant as we can't have a virus going through the threads

:D
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

If these have been asked and answered, my apologies. Is there someone JSS turns to for help with this case? Are judges not subject to oversight in the courtrooms? If JSS was doing something unlawful, wouldn't Juan be doing something about it? I personally think she doesn't know what she is doing but I am not a lawyer nor do I even begin to understand most of what has been going on. But following Websleuths, has led me to believe certain things about this case and it isn't good in her favor. I tried asking this kind of question right as there was something very pressing going on with this case and my questions got buried. Thanks for any and all answers.

I have to agree with you that there is something seriously wrong with this judge. BUT she is still THE BOSS in her courtroom. If anything comes of this, it will be far down the road, in my humble opinion.

The end of January is 11 weeks from now. How is that possible since the State is finished and we are into a week with the defense and they only have 3 witnesses to testify and some written statements? At some point you are going to lose the jury just out of sheer boredom.

Not an attorney but I believe she was judged by a jury of her peers to be guilty of the crime of murder in the 1st degree, jury also finding extreme cruelty. At the termination of this retrial of the penalty stage Jodi will be sentenced and convicted of the crime of murder in the first degree and sentenced accordingly. So she is guilty, just not sentenced yet. Maybe one of the attorneys can explain it in better terms. jmo

BBM Just FYI: This is a pic of the uniform that she has to wear- see the "unsentenced" on the front (and it's on the back, too):

8363482791_403de54fef_z.jpg

Nobody will testify for her this time just like nobody testified for her last time. This is all just a bunch of misdirection and sleight of hand. All the secret witnesses will disappear into thin air with a flourish of indignant Nurmi motions for mistrial. Then we'll have JA's power point allocution version 2.0. Then the DT will pull the hung jury card from the new foreperson's ear in January.

Question, who is footing the bill for MDLR and who is her boss? Does she have any license what sui ever or part of an association that has a code of ethics? If I were a taxpayer in Arizona I'd be mighty upset to be paying MDLR to play BFFs with CMJA on my dime

BBM. Speaking of MDLR, whoever is paying her should get their money back. That power point allocution was not only infuriating, but TOTALLY inappropriate!

It's been on the Internet how JA's parents are seeking donations to have her conviction overturned. Does anyone hear with some legal knowledge know if this could be possible? Sorry, if this was already discussed.

It's my understanding they did have a website asking for funds, but it has since closed down...

ETA- Correction - I just googled JA Appellate fund and there is still a website which asks for donations, and links to many 'JA is Innocent' type of blogs...

Nope. According to AZl on the legal thread, she has not been convicted as she has not been sentenced. (Post #14 on legal thread)

:waitasec:
Read the back of her County Jailhouse scrubs, it reads: Unsentenced. I thinks it's stenciled into the fabric in a red hue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

LMAO yesterday i came down with a cold..( please everyone wipe your keys with alcohol or a disinfectant). I did the zinc lozenges and the alka seltzer cold plus daytime then night-time ..and was out like a light for the past 24 hours. Feeling better today and trying to catch up.

Again everyone please wipe your keys with alchohol or a disinfectant as we can't have a virus going through the threads

:D
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I read this as making sure to wipe my car keys........which, as careful as I am about controlling the spread of germs, I had neglected wiping my car keys......which I did just after reading your post!! A second read just now makes a bit more sense......but I would bet I have the cleanest, germ free, disinfected car keys!

BBM Just FYI: This is a pic of the uniform that she has to wear- see the "unsentenced" on the front (and it's on the back, too):

8363482791_403de54fef_z.jpg

Too bad it can't also say, "First degree murder with cruelty".

I remember this also, but what is the reason / purpose for it to be addressed by another judge ? If this has already been addressed here I must have missed it. TIA

It fell into the secrecy black hole after that day. Another judge is odd. I'm guessing a tangential civil matter, or more cynically, a complaint about JSS.

It is "joinder", and Joinder refers to the uniting of claims or parties in a single lawsuit or single action/request/whatever.

They are trying to combine 2 or more things together.

It can also mean for parties or party to join in on a motion.

The end of January is 11 weeks from now. How is that possible since the State is finished and we are into a week with the defense and they only have 3 witnesses to testify and some written statements? At some point you are going to lose the jury just out of sheer boredom.

I don't believe Nurmi. I think he's either playing mind games or he is hoping JSS raises the possibility of extended time to the jury and a few more plead unavailability.

The point is to get as much distance and time as the defense can from those autopsy photos. The defense WANTS to drag this out. The more time the better and they think the more time will also increase the likelihood of loosing jurors. Bonus points if they are female jurors.

BBM. Speaking of MDR, whoever is paying her should get their money back. That power point allocution was not only infuriating, but TOTALLY inappropriate!
I thought I read many many threads ago, the she collects $90.00 USD per hour. Anyone remember this? tia

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It fell into the secrecy black hole after that day. Another judge is odd. I'm guessing a tangential civil matter, or more cynically, a complaint about JSS.
Or about JM. You asked earlier who handles judicial/attorney misconduct. I laughed, because I had just finished researching that to see if that could be who this other judge could be, and thought maybe we were on the same wave length. Complaints are taken and then investigated or resolved by the AZ State Bar. Cases found to be of merit are then sent on to the AZ Supreme Court for a hearing.
I wonder if they have submitted a formal complaint to the bar (I say JM) and that may explain some of the sealing? Might have to do with obtaining records, transcripts etc. Surely the courts wouldn't hear anything like this while the case is ongoing, but the motion today did make me wonder about it. I notice too that the other DA often sits in @ the table with JM now, which would make sense if the defense targeted him for sanction and the DA is making sure they have a witness, etc. Won't go into detail about much BS this is, IMO, and how childish if true, but I will admit my blood pressure is spiking just thinking about it...

eta: This possibility also reminded me of a certain reporter's articles on prosecutorial misconduct and how many were from Maricopa County, etc. Another anti-DP guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58