Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/04 In recess Computer Exp Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but even BN said it was "impossible" for it not be found.

Was all the *advertiser censored* cleaned off with 22 anti-virus programs?

So confusing. Wish they would stream this part of the trial since Jodi is not there.

And, yet, Dworkin didn't find it but it was there. So is he going to say Dworkin is just lying too?

BN is also the guy that told us you can only get a virus from *advertiser censored* and that he could see a person in the reflection of Travis's eyes. He's a character. He may be knowledgable about computers but he doesn't seem to have much experience with forensics. They are a little different.

And, yet, Dworkin didn't find it but it was there. So is he going to say Dworkin is just lying too?

BN is also the guy that told us you can only get a virus from *advertiser censored* and that he could see a person in the reflection of Travis's eyes. He's a character. He may be knowledgable about computers but he doesn't seem to have much experience with forensics. They are a little different.

Somebody posted that BN and Lonnie Dworkin worked together last week, right? I can't find it, it was probably Beth Karas' blog which I can't seem to get on to right now. I'm tempted to phone up Lonnie and ask him what he thinks is going on here.

(ETA I am kidding! I feel terrible for anyone who has been part of this trial and now gets random emails from trial watchers.)

I could maybe buy that if her odd behavior had just started lately but really JSS has been like no other Judge I have ever seen....starting from day one. I wish I did have some sympathy for her but I truly blame her for a lot of the craziness and sooooo much wasted time that has gone on from the beginning.

Do they do peer reviews on Judges? If so, JSS would get a dressing down by the way she has conducted this trial throughout. Imo, she is the main reason this case has cost the taxpayers so much money and there never seems to be an end in sight.

Even talking head lawyers don't understand what she is doing..........such as the sidebars even when the jury isn't present. Always letting them approach 99% of the time. That is why when she occasionally says 'no' when asked can they approach it shocks us to the core because it is so unlike the JSS that we have seen. This case cant be normal procedures to hold much of this case in total darkness and secrecy. Even the media is dumfounded by all the secrecy that has gone on from moment one. And what other Judge that you have ever seen has this many in-chamber meetings? I cant think of one Judge who has conducted their courtroom like she has throughout.

Look how she has let BN get away with not bringing what she told him to bring. He has no respect for her or what she says and keeps stalling and she lets him. He knew what Juan wanted when he came there today and I have never seen an expert just thumb their nose at the court and has the arrogant attitude they will get around to it whenever it suits them.:mad:

How she thought it was wise to let JA testify behind closed doors shutting the taxpayers out and the media I still don't understand her logic. I seriously doubt she has ever seen one case where a Judge let a defendant do as they wish by setting up the ground rules that they would only testify if the doors were closed to everyone but the jury. If she thought that was the logical and ethical thing to do then it shows just how flawed her thought processes are. Now because she made such a ridiculous ruling she has been rebuked by the COA.

Instead of taking full control of her courtroom like other Judges she lets the DT lead her by the nose. So much so, that now she has a critical ruling against her by the COA three Judge panel. I thought after she erred greatly in that ruling she would be more assertive but nope, it still hasn't happened.

She lets the crazy defense so called experts call the state prosecutor demeaning names and saying such disrespectful things to him. When she does not come down hard on the witnesses who acts like nothing more than arrogant disrespectful bullies she is sending a subliminal message that it is ok with her if Juan is disrespected. This may make the jury think poorly of Juan who is the only one doing his job professionally trying to seek justice for the victim. The jury does pick up vibes from the Judge by her rulings and demeanor toward each side. She has not been even handed inside the courtroom and I really cant see her being fair to Juan even in a closed door meeting or sidebar.

Juan has been one lone soldier having to fight everyone in the courtroom from JA, the DT and all of their underhandedness, witnesses and JSS. That is shameful. Both sides deserve to have a fair trial but Juan has fought an uphill battle from the get go.

I saw a photo of Juan that was tweeted the last day MF testified and I have never seen Juan's jaws clenched so tight. Whatever caused it he was furious. This look was very different than I had ever seen of him. Juan himself........is about to explode from all the continuous drama and torturous mind games played by the defense in this case. I am worried about him and his health.......he looks extremely tired and stressed. He has constantly had to do battle with KN who has accused Juan of prosecutorial misconduct every time the wind blows.

It really is unbelievable that a Judge will let people get away with what has been done by the DT and their witnesses. She sets no boundaries and its a free for all knock down drag out in her courtroom. Not once has she said to the wacky DT or to the DT witnesses if they don't stop their bully rude behavior she will find them in contempt of court. While I fault Judge Perry for allowing some of the things he did to come in that other infamous trial he wouldn't have put up with this constant petty BS for a nano second and neither would 99.99% of the Judges in our nation.

She has absolutely been even worse in this second phase. I truly didn't think that would be possible. She acts more like a Den Mother for the DT and anything they do or their witnesses do... no matter how unprofessional or crude the behavior is .........she says nothing.....nada.......zip.

In my state I have seen death penalty cases, (both phases) take less than a week to put on and that is including the CIC from both sides. If it is high profile it may take three weeks like Lynn Turner's case who received the death penalty. Even the Georgia mass murderer of 8, Guy Heinz Jr's case didn't take long at trial. It may have been 2-3 weeks....if that long.

IMO, there is no other case like this in history where it takes this long to have a sentencing phase.

If they have multiple witnesses I don't think I will be able to last until the end of this case. I am so tired of feeling the evilness that has permeated every inch of that courtroom for so long now. Something is very wrong and sinister with the justice system in this particular case. Something is off and it just doesn't feel like justice. Its become like the Jerry Springer show with JSS at the helm of all the strange madness.

So while Travis did receive justice is the quilt phase he has been robbed of true justice and fairness in this sentencing retrial. Its beyond sickening, vile, and disgusting by what has been allowed to happen in that courtroom. I feel like I am keeping up with a case where the defense witnesses, defendant, and DT are working their evil all in tandem.. ganging up against one defenseless man who was silenced forever by the one that now tries to punish him and his family even more.:(

I've seen many brilliant posts on this website, many, but you just topped them all. Thank you for your wise and observant commentary. Oceanblueeyes.

Bombshell for me today - 14 DT witnesses? So, 14 men/woman who are idoling Jodi? That is the first thing that comes to my mind.

This is actually, IIRC, a feint. Because I recall the DT telling Judge Stephens that they had 3 witnesses. What gives?

She ordered BN to turn over the encryption key (which is a way of coding the info to secure it so it can't be viewed). That's when he consulted with Wilmott & Nurmi instead of complying. Why didn't he have to immediately comply and turn over this password???

JSS may issue orders, but seems to allow way to much time to any DT witnesses to comply with those orders.
It's been asked before, but once again, I'd like to ask
Where Are The Consequences?

I went back to read Beth's notes to clarify some of this, b/c some of the tweets were confusing. BN said he made a compressed & encrypted copy on his first visit and made a working copy of that, which he turned over to Juan. Was vague on what he used to do it, or who the person was that encrypted it. On his 2nd visit, he made a raw clone, which he used as his work copy so what he has is what remained after all the viruses were removed. Juan wants the actual image copy that was made on the first visit without encryption and not these work copies. BN says the 2nd copy w/o the viruses still has what Juan needs to see, but can't seem to understand why Juan won't settle for that. Says if Dworkin's file had the viruses removed it would equal this work copy. He also said that he and Dworkin went over Dworkin's file together last weekend and they did find the *advertiser censored* websites on it.

I read those tweets where he supposedly said all the files were created in 2009 too, but per Beth, what he said was if the image copy Dworkin examined was made in July 2008, then why are there 2009 files on it?

Also, this is to one of AZlawyer's questions. Juan did say he was not challenging content today, he would do that in court. Today he was trying to bring the subject back around to the allegations made of tampering, etc. and wants the evidence the defense used to bring those charges.

Perhaps firing up the pc to make that compressed and encrypted copy on his first visit is what updated all those programs(this would also update any still viable keystroke trojans and viruses) and caused spybot and any other malware programs to find and then delete or quarantine all the crap they discovered(most of us know that if anti-virus programs are set to a schedule and you miss it because of power failure or you forgot to leave it on, it will start as soon as it's turned back on). To then make a working copy of that, or even a new "raw" clone after that first visit would of course then show thousands of entries... I'm not sure that you can even copy a drive without it being fired up first, because if you can, then why the heck hasn't my computer shop been able to when I've had pc's die in the past so I could recover any of my files?

I think JM wants BN's first clone to see if and how it changed from the one Dworkin first made and then compare them to the second visit's "raw" working clone. Heck, just look at when Windows updates at all the files that are affected, let alone an antivirus program that not only reads your whole pc(hundreds of thousands of files on mine and I barely save anything to disk compared to my hb or sons) but it still leaves tracks showing it's been read.

Maybe her blood pressure is out of control. I don't mean that in a mean way. I used to think that JSS used a lot of blush on her cheeks, forehead, and chin. Now I wonder if it isn't blush because my face gets red in those same areas when my blood pressure goes way up. I also get white around the mouth. Your opinion, kaRN?

With all due respect why is this even an issue? Would you ask the same of a man?

Maybe her blood pressure is out of control. I don't mean that in a mean way. I used to think that JSS used a lot of blush on her cheeks, forehead, and chin. Now I wonder if it isn't blush because my face gets red in those same areas when my blood pressure goes way up. I also get white around the mouth. Your opinion, kaRN?
It's the lack of lipstick that's really throwing me for a loop. She usually has crimson red lips and much darker eye make-up. Women I know who wear red lipstick daily, usually feel naked and don't leave the house without putting it on. (love you Mom!! LOL) It looks to me that the red on her cheeks etc. is make-up quickly applied more than high BP but it could be. I know that I feel agitated when my BP is up and I lose my patience easily and it seems JSS just coasted through today's BS. So I don't know.
She didn't look well in that picture. I hope she isn't battling something in private that's affecting how we perceive her handling of her courtroom. Something that comes to light at the end of trial that makes us all feel bad for criticizing her for not pouncing on the DT :(

With all due respect why is this even an issue? Would you ask the same of a man?

If he was pale and fanning himself with a court transcript and allowing his orders to the court to be ignored while he did, then I sure would. Wouldn't you?

Whether the judge was male or female would make absolutely no difference in trying to understand why the judge is making so many questionable decisions, IMO.

Could she just be a bad judge? Sure, but the fact that this judge does not have that history begs the question--what changed? FTR, I don't believe she was a great judge in the guilt phase but until then she at least had the respect of the legal community.

He has expert backup who inform him of what he needs to know. Not sure about your point.

I'm not sure about anyone's point, but just jumping off here.

LE and criminal attorneys know a lot about computer forensics. They deal with this every day. All kinds of criminals are using tech to at least research their crimes if not to communicate with accomplices. I'm sure that in almost every case MesaPD has today there is a smart phone and a laptop in evidence. The detective who wheels out the cart for the lawyers in 2014 has a Faraday bag and a USB write blocker on the cart. This might have been different seven years ago, but I'm sure Juan Martinez is not just now learning about Bryan Neumeister's line of work.

@jeffgoldesq: Watch 2 min #GoldPatrol Update on today's hearing "#JodiArias *advertiser censored*:" http://t.co/uceIMarJJ7 @thegoldpatrol @courtchatter

Jeff Gold talks abt today's hearing

Oh, my goodness! People were/are concerned about JSS not feeling well. I certainly didn't say it was an issue, and I have high blood pressure with redness. What in the world is wrong with asking?

Yes, I would ask the same concerning a man with the same redness I have. Mine IS high blood pressure. It can be very serious.

All I can say is I'm going to a party tomorrow night where many local criminal attorneys (both sides) and journalists will be and I will conduct an informal survey about how people think JSS is doing and basically WTH is wrong with her. :seeya:

And of course will report back.

Following this trial (faithfully), but watching this defense team's "strategery" is right up there with watching "Sharknado". Just unbelievable. Only this time the flying sharks are wearing expensive color-coordinated suits..... .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx