Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/19-1/5 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to one of the latest DT motions, she is one of the witnesses that they are trying to keep out. We can only hope that JSS disregards this, surely the PT has the right to counter anything the DT witnesses have claimed, especially when they're sneaking in testimony through an expert so as to not have to call the actual witness(testimony that would otherwise be known as hearsay)?

They are trying to keep pretty much all the state witnesses out, so she is no different in that regard. She will testify. And they've redone the whole trial in the past two months, but will argue relevance on everything DeMarte says. It's lunacy.

I wonder how much freedom Juan has to point out the seeming legal flaw in this defense logic. The trial would have been the place to argue insanity. She wasn't found not guilty by reason of insanity then, so she's not insane period. That's not even open for the jury's consideration. So it's a given that she knew right from wrong and they have to assume that, correct?

She was already found guilty of especially cruel murder in the first degree. The premeditation and cover-up proved her consciousness of guilt in the first phase of this trial-in-perpetuity. That's as responsible as it gets.

This phase isn't about guilt or awareness of same.

It's about convincing jurors that her defense counselor was correct when he told her that she has "no mitigating factors."

Instead, they're falsely portraying her victim as a violent and controlling sexual predator of young children.

Just found this article. I cannot wait to hear your comments.

How does a prisoner in solitary confinement operate a business? :jail:

Several months ago, I contacted Arias at Estrella Jail and asked if she'd cooperate with me writing a column about her art - and the business of selling her art - while in jail convicted of first-degree murder.

Her answer: "A story about my artwork (for a change) and not my case? I'm SO on board!"

I do not mean to glamorize Arias or boost her sales. I'm only curious - how does this notorious murderer run a business from jail? And how is it allowed to go on?

Arias also claimed that "scammers" are selling counterfeit drawings with her forged signature. She authenticates her pieces with a thumbprint on the back. I asked how she does a thumbprint.

"I used to use mascara, now I use an ink pad,"
she said.

Read more here
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/lif...r-Jodi-Arias-expresses-herself-5657264.php#/0

About those journals... I write. I'm published (no blockbusters, but I do know a bit about writing). JA's writing style is contrived, over-reaching junior-high angst. The most striking thing is that her writings are for an audience. She did not write for self-discovery. She wrote in a narcissistic fury and possibly to create an alibi after the fact. We know that she is verbose and intoxicated by the sound of her own voice (spoken and written). She's a lousy writer, prolific yet sloppy liar, but she is good at murder and manipulation.

Several months ago, I contacted Arias at Estrella Jail and asked if she'd cooperate with me writing a column about her art - and the business of selling her art - while in jail convicted of first-degree murder.

Her answer: "A story about my artwork (for a change) and not my case? I'm SO on board!"

I do not mean to glamorize Arias or boost her sales. I'm only curious - how does this notorious murderer run a business from jail? And how is it allowed to go on?

Arias also claimed that "scammers" are selling counterfeit drawings with her forged signature. She authenticates her pieces with a thumbprint on the back. I asked how she does a thumbprint.

she said.

Read more here
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/lif...r-Jodi-Arias-expresses-herself-5657264.php#/0

She claims to love photography but instead of using her 'passion' for good she used it for evil--she used it to trap and murder Travis. Luckily, the camera 'betrayed' her...we have actual photographs of the minutes leading up to the crime. Now she has next to nothing to do in jail. She is incapable of introspection, repentance and remorse. What's a girl to do? Sell worthless tracings and make money of course! This 'I'm so innocent, talented and beautiful' act will continue for as long as she lives. As Travis said 'That's the sociopath I know so well.'

She could have also pulled out her weapons at that point which would account for Travis' startled face. He does look like he is posing albeit in a constrained manner. And these poses are similar to the Psycho shower scene ones. I don't know what to think especially considering that she herself admitted that Travis liked his shower time to be private. I wish we could know for sure.

I know what you mean Rose, Idk, in those first few photos he could just be a guy taking a shower, relieved and thankful that she's finally gone. :( Or, maybe he does know she's there and he is posing, even if a coincidence it is eerily similar to the Psycho movie. I'm not that convinced he new she was there at all until the "startled" photo though, but you could be right. Maybe it was something else that happened to startle him, maybe she suddenly jerked open the door of the shower. Whatever it was, it had to have been sudden and unexpected. IMO

Good morning sleuthers! One thing I am very thankful for, is that she ended up in Joe Arpaio's (sp?) jail. He doesn't mess around and IMO, he looks at the penal system with a keen eye and clear head. I wish more would take his lead.

I do have to say that I am surprised he hasn't found a way to put a stop to her supposed "indigent status"- that pizzes me off- to no end.

The inventory list someone posted yesterday (sorry, can't remember who) of her items under the heading of indigent really made me mad and I am shocked good old Joe hasn't found a loophole or method to put the kibosh on it.

Any thoughts?

ETA- i don't mean to derail the conversation, just reading about the "article" and her "business" made me wonder... sorry, I couldn't even bring myself to read it.

she said.

Read more here

What? They actually allow the prisoner the convenience of an ink pad ? And why are they allowing contact for her to have stories written about her "art" in the first place. She should be allowed no extra privileges outside of being stuck in jail and just being a prisoner, IMO. This whole thing just makes me even more angry and disgusted :stormingmad:

I have to laugh at the reason that JA's refusing to testify in an open courtroom. It's because of all the threatening mail and death threats she is getting in jail. :confused:

I mean come on! She is only allowed to receive postcards :giggle:

We all know that after sitting in jail another year, she has came up with a brand new story lie. It happened between the ages of 12-14, and it has traumatized poor little JA's so badly that she can't remember it. Another fog, if you will. But I'm sure she can remember this scripted lie, if the darn media would just let her testify in private.

It's probably something her father did to her. I don't believe it for a minute, but I think this is where this is headed :no: This monster, who is a manipulating pathological liar, has come up with a 4th story.

"Geffner says something traumatic happened to Jodi between 12-14yrs but he doesn’t know what it is and Jodi doesn’t know either" #jodiarias

Also, I personally don't believe that Dr. Geff actually interviewed Carl Arias, or any of the co-workers he has talked about on the stand. I am under the impression that he is being paid by the defense $250 an hour to evaluate JA's, review interviews with family and friends and to testify. MOO ~

I can't read it. You need to be a subscriber

I know what you mean Rose, Idk, in those first few photos he could just be a guy taking a shower, relieved and thankful that she's finally gone. :( Or, maybe he does know she's there and he is posing, even if a coincidence it is eerily similar to the Psycho movie. I'm not that convinced he new she was there at all until the "startled" photo though, but you could be right. Maybe it was something else that happened to startle him, maybe she suddenly jerked open the door of the shower. Whatever it was, it had to have been sudden and unexpected. IMO

I always figured they did (whatever) and then he went to take a shower when he thought she was on her way out. So while he was in the shower he assumed she was gone and it would have been easy for her to catch him by surprise.

Brought over from previous thread:

Posted by Hatfield Post #933

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?265730-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-18&p=11320528#post11320528

Thank you Hatfield, that's the very photo, at 5:27:18, that has always had me convinced, from the very beginning that he had absolutely no idea that she was there... According to the expression on his face in this photo, he was completely taken off guard, totally shocked at her appearance. He had believed she was long gone. :( That photo is very telling, IMO.

Posted by Val1 Post #934:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?265730-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-18&p=11320560#post11320560

collage_zpsba572278.jpg

Still think he was zapped first before he fell.

He saw shun gun, made a fist to protect himself, got zapped and went down. I can't figure out what I am seeing on 5:28:54....

"Arias said she gives her drawings to an "art administrator" who manages her website. She said she doesn't keep any of the money from the sales."

Maria D.R of course?

And Arias calls her sketches "fine art", does she know the meaning of fine art???

AND:
Literary plagiarism is a tangible, normally taught and understood moral that echoes the moral that "stealing is wrong." But, I don't get why it's not common understanding what it means to plagiarize art. So first, let's look at what literary plagiarism is: taking the original ideas in another's work and reproducing it with the intent of mimicking the original. This isn't just "tracing"--or, in the literary sense, copying word-for-word another's work, even when wording is rearranged or changed slightly. You may not be wholly quoting a work if you write it in your own words, but paraphrasing it is still stealing the ideas of the original piece. You're still stealing a paper if you keep the same thesis statement and supporting details, even *if* you wrote the paper entirely in your own words.

Similarly, art plagiarism is taking the basic composition of a piece of art and using that as basis to make your own image. Many examples I've seen of art plagiarism are really just tracings with minimal self-effort thrown in. You may not have a print-out of the "reference work" directly beneath your paper, and you may even be changing which character(s) are portrayed, but that still doesn't change the fact that the composition of a piece of art is the intellectual property of the original owner.

snip

You must have explicit permission from the original creator of a piece in order to use it in any way that you can claim as your own.

snip

..: How Can I Avoid Being Called on Art Plagiarism? :..

I cannot say this enough: Don't dupe your audience. If you made a work with the intent of copying or alluding to another work, SAY SO IN YOUR DESCRIPTION.

http://sacredflamingheart.deviantart.com/journal/What-Is-Art-Plagiarism-READ-THIS-234951828

I'm watching a good movie about Marie Hilley -- the woman who poisoned her husband to death and then tried to poison her daughter as well. She reminds me so much of Arias. She is manipulative, cruel, uses sex to seduce men and... she even paints! I am so glad that Arias never had the chance to become a mother. Can you imagine the way she would used and then discarded her own babies? How scary. She can still get pregnant and give birth in prison but I doubt she'll be allowed to have any meaningful contact. The one thing that puzzles me is why Arias never used the old 'I'm pregnant with your baby' excuse to get Travis to marry her. She could have even faked it given her expertise in all that is fake and phony. I do think that she murdered Travis because he threatened to expose her evil-doings. I don't think jealousy was the only reason or even the main one. It's really upsetting to think about how lucky she turned out given the risks she took during that trip. Those gas cans could have caused an explosion but they did not. Travis could have successfully defended himself but he did not. A neighbour could have heard the screams and called 911 but I guess no one heard anything. Just so many things worked in her favour. :gaah:

I'm watching a good movie about Marie Hilley -- the woman who poisoned her husband to death and then tried to poison her daughter as well. She reminds me so much of Arias. She is manipulative, cruel, uses sex to seduce men and... she even paints! I am so glad that Arias never had the chance to become a mother. Can you imagine the way she would used and then discarded her own babies? How scary. She can still get pregnant and give birth in prison but I doubt she'll be allowed to have any meaningful contact. The one thing that puzzles me is why Arias never used the old 'I'm pregnant with your baby' excuse to get Travis to marry her. She could have even faked it given her expertise in all that is fake and phony. I do think that she murdered Travis because he threatened to expose her evil-doings. I don't think jealousy was the only reason or even the main one. It's really upsetting to think about how lucky she turned out given the risks she took during that trip. Those gas cans could have caused an explosion but they did not. Travis could have successfully defended himself but he did not. A neighbour could have heard the screams and called 911 but I guess no one heard anything. Just so many things worked in her favour. :gaah:

I did read somewhere she said she was pregnant with his baby, but miscarried.
Not sure if it was her journal, or one of travis' or her friends

Also, just saw that pic of CMJA with the braids again.... how creepy .
She's trying way too hard to look young and innocent. And since when are braids only meant for little girls? Women in dance classes often braid their hair before pinning it up to keep it out of their eyes while they are moving, especially if it is thick as well as long. The photo clearly shows her as the fraud she it.

I keep wondering if JA had the knife in her hand while picture taking of Travis in the shower. She may have swiped at him with the knife and he ducked to the floor - hence the floor pic in the shower. He then attempted to scramble out on hands & knees where she started stabbing him in the back.

I think the pic @ 5:28:54 might be both of TA's arms crossed - maybe the right arm over the left - he is attempting to open or hold the door closed? Just a guess

I have to laugh at the reason that JA's refusing to testify in an open courtroom. It's because of all the threatening mail and death threats she is getting in jail. :confused:

I mean come on! She is only allowed to receive postcards :giggle:

We all know that after sitting in jail another year, she has came up with a brand new story lie. It happened between the ages of 12-14, and it has traumatized poor little JA's so badly that she can't remember it. Another fog, if you will. But I'm sure she can remember this scripted lie, if the darn media would just let her testify in private.

It's probably something her father did to her. I don't believe it for a minute, but I think this is where this is headed :no: This monster, who is a manipulating pathological liar, has come up with a 4th story.

"Geffner says something traumatic happened to Jodi between 12-14yrs but he doesn’t know what it is and Jodi doesn’t know either" #jodiarias

Also, I personally don't believe that Dr. Geff actually interviewed Carl Arias, or any of the co-workers he has talked about on the stand. I am under the impression that he is being paid by the defense $250 an hour to evaluate JA's, review interviews with family and friends and to testify. MOO ~

Wouldn't having a knife at your throat be traumatic enough to send you into a fog. She kicked Doggyboy between twelve and fourteen range. She said it changed in how she look at things.

That is the next book I have on my to re-read list. I'm re- reading Death Sentence about Velma Barfield. She was the first woman to be executed in the United Sates. She, like Marie poisoned her victims. Her execution was on November 2, 1984 televised by CNN.

Maria and Velma were about the same age also.

wenwe4, that is the one photo I made a note on. I don't remember seeing it before, probably because I can't make it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member