Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/3 -12/04 In recess w/hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, with trial cancelled for Wed. they tried to get the hearing for Thu. moved into its place, but the genius had plans.

Thank you! And was the trial canceled today because the defense had no witnesses, as I suspect?

Remember this little ditty from the trial? Arias thinks she's on the same IQ level as Einstein. Yet she is signing Manifesto's which would/could also make her on the same level as Hitler, who by the way was also an artist :giggle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nsIPCBHEaA

The appellate courts definitely consider whether errors at trial mattered to the outcome. IMO the AZ Supreme Court as currently constituted would find it was "harmless error" if some *advertiser censored* evidence didn't come in.

ETA: The hearing, of course, is not about whether *advertiser censored* evidence comes in but whether the police/prosecution destroyed evidence of child *advertiser censored*.

Thanks for the insight - I was speaking as a general matter re 99% of the whining from the defense, not so much this instance where if the state is judged to have destroyed evidence then Katy bar the door. Presumably JSS isn't worried whether or not there will be appeals because there will be. She just wants to ensure she does nothing that causes the verdict or sentence to be overturned / remanded / whatever on appeal.

Of course if it later goes to the 9th Circus anything is possible, since I'm guessing there are several justices there who'll look for any excuse to overturn a DP verdict. If it's life then maybe they don't care as much; while they might hate to see her or anyone get death, they may not care so much if a first degree murderer rots for life.

Yup, that's the same impression I got.

Yet this same woman can analyze a person and relationships based on text messages and IMs. Yup, yup.
Yep, the same one that says Jodi acts as if she had a incestuous dad..bet he doesn't like the mischaracterization.

"You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." Are you kidding that neither Jodi nor the snotty Dr. F figured out why he was upset? Dr. saying Travis was ranting for hours because he was so disgusted and disappointed in Jodi's character, and she's doesn't bother to figure out why, but discusses how long he supposedly ranted. Jodi never figured out why either...yeah sure...that's not important, only that Travis was upset for a long time. Jodi only cares about herself, and didn't even gather why Travis was upset? What is wrong with her? Is it just me or will the jurors also find that twilight zone strange? What new, low, and evil thing did Jodi do to upset Travis that much? He certainly tried to convey it to her.

Travis was dead just over a week after this exchange. CMJA had to drive over 1,000 miles to kill him.

Dr. F characterized it as a rant, yet the person ranting ended up slaughtered and the doc blithely repeats that Arias didn't know what the argument was all about. Yet she is able to go merrily on her way to visit him and somehow he is the one who ends up dead. But Travis was ranting.

Makes no sense at all. We all know this. Everyone wants to know what happened to set off that argument. Including this new jury.

I just hope that nothing Dr. F said on the stand sticks with this jury. The two things I am most concerned about are the inferences to child *advertiser censored*/pedophilia and the repeated use of the phrase "master manipulator".

I wonder why a juror question was something along of the lines of Dr. F not having all the information she needed to testify?
It seems as though at least one of the jurors believed in what she was saying, and not impressed by Juan; or is it because she could not directly answer Juan's questions... IDK, just seemed like an odd question.

What's interesting to me is that Dr. F said she interviewed the convicted murderer twice, once in May and once in August.

On the 13th of August one witness was turned away for not being on the DT list during the convicted murderers pro se. The witness wouldn't be available till the end of August so the convicted murderer requested an extension and was granted one. Was the witness Dr. F? Maybe.

On about 10th of Sep there was a motion to reconsider by the convicted murderer.

My point is if the witness was Dr. F the convicted murderer was the one who provided her with the material to read and advised her what she thought was important and damaging.

Dr. F stated she watched some videos on the internet and I'm sure she could have gotten material from JW and Nurmi but I would bet she got her main story from the convicted murderer who was representing herself at the time.

So LOL if Dr. F didn't feel she had enough material or didn't realize she only had one side of the equation as I juror I would disregard her BS, especially after her nasty attitude surfaced.

Thank you! And was the trial canceled today because the defense had no witnesses, as I suspect?

I don't know, but that's what I suspect too, plus Arias refusing to continue, and I'm guessing she wants that *advertiser censored* in and can't do that until after the hearing on Thursday. I'm hoping that gets shot down and then whats she got?

His is a lonely job. Notice that he's not up there with a ton of support. He's by himself. I really admire the man.

All right except jodi cannot be made to testify. If she has though and refuses to be crossed, I believe all her testimony would eb thrown out and the jury instructed to disregard it.

Yup!

WTH? Issuing jury instructions? Please do tell. What was that about? What did she do?

Me too. I defended JSS all long the trial but the secrecy stuff? That's where I draw the line. Insanity.

I never ask an open ended question in cross. Especially of a combative, horrible woman like that one!

:cheers: :tyou: :party: Gitana for your 10,000th post! :blowkiss: for helping us out with your legal knowledge!

No, with trial cancelled for Wed. they tried to get the hearing for Thu. moved into its place, but the genius had plans.

Nurmi calling BN Tuesday afternoon: "No way you can swing by the courtroom on Wednesday so we can get this party started, huh? Naw, man, didn't think so. 'Kay, bye!"

Surprise, surprise, we have to wait another week for the next episode the JSS Reality Show. The good news is that Dr. Fonseca-Jekyll-Hyde is done and if I wasn’t so angry at her testimony I’d laugh at her demeanor and out of context/character responses, appalling.

I so wish we were watching the trial. It is hindsight, but I feel the judge could have allowed the cameras in with a delay and/or allowed the media to broadcast the video at the end of the day. This trial by twitter is absurd, trying to make sense of tweets, tone, inflection of what is being said and/or projected in the court is frustrating . . . so it goes. :sigh:

RBM: :hilarious: LOL !

BBM: I agree ... trial by twitter is :notgood:

Is that true, no trial until Thursday? Didn't they say yesterday back on Monday?

I just looked at the court calendar earlier for JSS and I'm not seeing JA scheduled until 12/11.

I couldn't remember, thought it was just two days next week so I checked the calendar. One day only next week. Maybe they decided this *advertiser censored* on the computer stuff would take longer? Got me.

Nurmi calling BN:

"No way you can swing by the courtroom on Wednesday so we can get this party started, huh?

Naw, man, didn't think so. 'Kay, bye!"

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: LOL !

:seeya: Nice to hear from ya, LaLaw . . . and keep 'em coming !

I just looked at the court calendar earlier for JSS and I'm not seeing JA scheduled until 12/11.

I couldn't remember, thought it was just two days next week so I checked the calendar. One day only next week. Maybe they decided this *advertiser censored* on the computer stuff would take longer? Got me.

But the tweeters yesterday said jury back on Monday. I'm confused.

I have a feeling that the defense team is going to create some new issue or cause some more drama about this hard drive that they are supposed to turn over.

Juan will get something from them and it will either be wrong again or something will be matter with it.

And once we can finally get through all of the defense team's nonsense I have a bad feeling that Jodi will cause some drama of her own. She will either be sick or flat refuse to answer any questions.

Its going to take the iron fist of the law (or courtroom law) to force the defense and Jodi to finish this phase. She is in her cell thinking to herself that so long as this phase never finishes then I am really not convicted. And to top it off, I am helping Nurmi get rich and he will surely pay me back some money I will need some day.

Maybe before this trial is over we will get to see her get dragged in shackles and physically forced to sit in the witness chair with a Silence of the Lamb mask on to prevent her from spitting on people.

Seriously though, I do think its going to take some very serious rulings to force the defense to finish this phase. There is no doubt they are purposely stalling at every turn.

I know I'm interrupting the flow here, but I just have to stop and agree with Hope4More on CMJA getting the Death Penalty.

I have read here day after day not commenting often. I have read all the tweets and articles concerning this case. I've gone back and looked at quite a few videos of the guilt phase, then her interviews and so forth.

CMJA's journey into the criminal world began with hitting her brother in the head with a baseball bat, then kicking the poor dog (I suspect she killed him), and growing pot on the roof. She moved from her parents home to live with Bobby at a young age because she wasn't about to follow her parents rules. And this is just what we know about!

The only female friend I have heard of CMJA having is the one she had in school whose wedding she was in. That was probably her one and only true friend. Leslie Udy (?) was supposedly her friend but did not know the real Jodie or certainly would not have been.

CMJA wanted male friends, IMO. I think she used them all and did not want to let go even when she moved on to another one. CMJA was promiscuous, IMO. She also certainly wound up treating Darryl like crap and screwing up his credit with home foreclosure, but did not hesitate to borrow gas cans from him and have a cozy breakfast with he and his son.

Then she latches onto Travis and certainly had no intention of ever letting him go, IMO. I do believe it was a case of extreme jealousy and as the old saying goes, "If I can't have him, no one can." No way was she going to let him go to Cancun with another woman. CMJA is crazy, but not the legal definition of insane. She's not even criminally insane, IMO. She is a cold blooded murderer with no conscience whatsoever, IMO. She fully deserves the death penalty and I'd certainly give it to her.

Approximately an hour into the defense theatrics of this penalty phase I was already asking just who was on trial here. Who was being judged? Travis Victor Alexander was being judged and accused of so many vile things. I just have to believe that this jury is wondering just where any mitigating factors are for CMJA. I would be wondering why this judge is letting Travis be dragged through the mud every second of this mess as he is the victim. I would be wondering why Nurmi wasn't trying to convince me that CMJA deserved to live. Where is her family? Friends? I would be mad as all h3ll that I had spent all these hours having to listen to some paid crazy woman spout all kinds of nonsense. I would wonder as a juror why the only bit of acknowledgement given us by the judge was a tiny grimace meant to pass for a smile as we walked into the courtroom. I would wonder why we couldn't have court 5 days a week and get this over and done. I would wonder why the judge didn't issue Nurmi and Willmott skates so they could skate up to the bench 100 times a day, and why she would allow them so many sidebars anyway. I would be wondering these things were I on this jury.

We were here for the guilt phase, but these jurors weren't. We are too accustomed to this circus and familiar with it. Step back a moment and try to see it through a new jurors eyes. I would think they would be upset that this trial isn't moving along faster. They are giving up a portion of their civil liberties to do their civic duty. Their Thanksgiving and now their Christmas holidays are impacted by this circus. They were back this week expecting the trial to move forward. I would be mad as h3ll if I were them. I would have already surmised that the defense and CMJA had nothing going for them at all except a lurid, abnormal fascination with sex.

I lost respect for this judge during the guilt phase of this trial and know there is no way for me to recover it.

After Juan gets done and this jury is free to deliberate, a death sentence is what CMJA will be getting, IMO. Juan will bring everything back to the reality of just how brutally Travis was murdered, and that he and his family deserve justice!

:moo:

*Sorry for the long post but boy, do I feel better!!
RBBM

Absolutely spot on. Jodi would have used her sexuality to manipulate men from a relatively young age (I'd guess early to mid teens) but other girls and women would have been nothing but competition. I also believe she thought she was pushing boundaries sexually - especially perhaps to a Mormon man relatively inexperienced in relationships - deliberately to make herself seem superior to 'normal' girls. She would have let Travis do anything he expressed having fantasized about - not because she was humiliated and subjugated but because that was her hook all along. She used sex and every emotion it drew forth as a means of control, manipulation, coercion, etc. To make him feel ashamed; threaten to 'out' him; to increase her importance.

However, though Jodi views women as competition I feel she'll use absolutely anyone to her gain and that has me concerned. If she's ever allowed in gen pop, my heart truly goes out to the women she's allowed access to. Female institutions are full of very vulnerable people that can be easily victimized and ill-equipped to deal with the likes of Jodi.
If permitted, I don't for a second believe she'll ever be done hurting and using others just to get what she wants. Ever.

Jodi is running this defense. Much of what's being brought up is what Jodi either promised- to drag Travis through the mud(pedo allegations)- or stuff she previously complained about in writing, like Deanna supposedly lying. That bugs Jodi- any other women in his life before her or the promise of after her-like Lisa, whom she wrote a letter calling her a *advertiser censored*, or Mimi, who might have gotten to go to Cancun. She held a woman hostage in a bathroom at a convention that she thought showed an interest in Travis.
Yes, she's running it and her thirst for revenge is on open display. Have to think that JM might be near the top of her list now though, and since that would please Nurmi too, we're in for a another resuming a bumpy ride. This last witness was obviously prepared to belittle him. Neither JA nor her supporters seem to understand that she is already convicted, and needs to present mitigation in this phase rather argue appeal issues. Or maybe they're convinced that LWOP is going to be it, and this phase might be their last hurrah in terms of getting any public notice of the allegations for her little revenge plots, thus keeping her fans happy and sending in $ ?

Is that the page that ripped off my photo and cropped me out of it claiming it was one of theirs? That would be "Gypsywoman" aka Mikal Anne aka another word I can't say on here without getting in trouble.
Not sure, but I don't think that JM page is hers, she has one with her name on it where they're saying the JM page called her out on the error. Apparently "mdee" that has been tweeting from court is one of her buddies, because her page has a group pic w/ Mikal on it, and they have both apologized for the info re: subpoenas. Mikal is the one that also claimed to have reported JA as the mystery witness first, but now blames Troy Hayden for making her take it off her blog by threatening to take away her blog privileges:ufo:. Beginning to spot a pattern when it comes to her understanding spoken word...

Yesterday Jen posted that the dismissed juror is the lady who submitted strange questions. I just read a post from a member stating otherwise. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!
It seems who is juror #3 is the question, although you'd think if a chair was empty they'd be able to figure it out, wouldn't you?

But the tweeters yesterday said jury back on Monday. I'm confused.

:seeya: I just re-checked the tweeters are AZ Central, and yes, the info is confusing so I will not re-post the tweets to cause more confusion ... lol !

But this is what I remember:

Thursday December 4 - Hearing on Computer Issue continues.

Friday December 5 - Hearing

Monday December 8 - Trial resumes.

I hope this is correct and if not, PLEASE correct me !

TIA !

I know I'm interrupting the flow here, but I just have to stop and agree with Hope4More on CMJA getting the Death Penalty.

I have read here day after day not commenting often. I have read all the tweets and articles concerning this case. I've gone back and looked at quite a few videos of the guilt phase, then her interviews and so forth.

CMJA's journey into the criminal world began with hitting her brother in the head with a baseball bat, then kicking the poor dog (I suspect she killed him), and growing pot on the roof. She moved from her parents home to live with Bobby at a young age because she wasn't about to follow her parents rules. And this is just what we know about!

The only female friend I have heard of CMJA having is the one she had in school whose wedding she was in. That was probably her one and only true friend. Leslie Udy (?) was supposedly her friend but did not know the real Jodie or certainly would not have been.

CMJA wanted male friends, IMO. I think she used them all and did not want to let go even when she moved on to another one. CMJA was promiscuous, IMO. She also certainly wound up treating Darryl like crap and screwing up his credit with home foreclosure, but did not hesitate to borrow gas cans from him and have a cozy breakfast with he and his son.

Then she latches onto Travis and certainly had no intention of ever letting him go, IMO. I do believe it was a case of extreme jealousy and as the old saying goes, "If I can't have him, no one can." No way was she going to let him go to Cancun with another woman. CMJA is crazy, but not the legal definition of insane. She's not even criminally insane, IMO. She is a cold blooded murderer with no conscience whatsoever, IMO. She fully deserves the death penalty and I'd certainly give it to her.

Approximately an hour into the defense theatrics of this penalty phase I was already asking just who was on trial here. Who was being judged? Travis Victor Alexander was being judged and accused of so many vile things. I just have to believe that this jury is wondering just where any mitigating factors are for CMJA. I would be wondering why this judge is letting Travis be dragged through the mud every second of this mess as he is the victim. I would be wondering why Nurmi wasn't trying to convince me that CMJA deserved to live. Where is her family? Friends? I would be mad as all h3ll that I had spent all these hours having to listen to some paid crazy woman spout all kinds of nonsense. I would wonder as a juror why the only bit of acknowledgement given us by the judge was a tiny grimace meant to pass for a smile as we walked into the courtroom. I would wonder why we couldn't have court 5 days a week and get this over and done. I would wonder why the judge didn't issue Nurmi and Willmott skates so they could skate up to the bench 100 times a day, and why she would allow them so many sidebars anyway. I would be wondering these things were I on this jury.

We were here for the guilt phase, but these jurors weren't. We are too accustomed to this circus and familiar with it. Step back a moment and try to see it through a new jurors eyes. I would think they would be upset that this trial isn't moving along faster. They are giving up a portion of their civil liberties to do their civic duty. Their Thanksgiving and now their Christmas holidays are impacted by this circus. They were back this week expecting the trial to move forward. I would be mad as h3ll if I were them. I would have already surmised that the defense and CMJA had nothing going for them at all except a lurid, abnormal fascination with sex.

I lost respect for this judge during the guilt phase of this trial and know there is no way for me to recover it.

After Juan gets done and this jury is free to deliberate, a death sentence is what CMJA will be getting, IMO. Juan will bring everything back to the reality of just how brutally Travis was murdered, and that he and his family deserve justice!

:moo:

*Sorry for the long post but boy, do I feel better!!
Great post and I hope you're right. OT I apologize because this was probably asked before. Just how many DP cases has JSS presided over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState