Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/3 -12/04 In recess w/hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Maybe it will change?

DGC, now there's the evidentiary hearing on Friday also.

Agreed. He didn't know it at the time. She did something to betray his trust at least that's what he seemed to imply in their exchanges.

Yeah, I have recently seen other examples lately of folks being taped and "set up" with phone calls being recorded and then those calls being put up on the internet. :pullhair: I too believe that was what Jodi/Travis fight was about also. He didn't know he was being recorded, she did. Manipulated the call big time as most of us would agree.

Great post and I hope you're right. OT I apologize because this was probably asked before. Just how many DP cases has JSS presided over?
Including Jodi Arias? That'd be one. ;) (IIRC)

Great post and I hope you're right. OT I apologize because this was probably asked before.

Just how many DP cases has JSS presided over?

:seeya: Hi Luv,

From what I recall, this is JSS 1st DP case !

I have a feeling that the defense team is going to create some new issue or cause some more drama about this hard drive that they are supposed to turn over.

Juan will get something from them and it will either be wrong again or something will be matter with it.

And once we can finally get through all of the defense team's nonsense I have a bad feeling that Jodi will cause some drama of her own. She will either be sick or flat refuse to answer any questions.

Its going to take the iron fist of the law (or courtroom law) to force the defense and Jodi to finish this phase. She is in her cell thinking to herself that so long as this phase never finishes then I am really not convicted. And to top it off, I am helping Nurmi get rich and he will surely pay me back some money I will need some day.

Maybe before this trial is over we will get to see her get dragged in shackles and physically forced to sit in the witness chair with a Silence of the Lamb mask on to prevent her from spitting on people.

Seriously though, I do think its going to take some very serious rulings to force the defense to finish this phase. There is no doubt they are purposely stalling at every turn.

Can you blame the DT? They got nuthin' 'cept a judge that's letting it proceed at a one day per week pace, and with half of that day spent wasting time. At this rate some of the youthful jurors will have died of old age before it's done.

The original trial seemed to take forever, but it was actually "only" 4 months and a few days. We are already 1-1/2 months into this one and the DT has barely gotten started and long holiday break coming up. If JA wants to go for 18 days again at this pace, she may be done by Memorial Day.

Probably regarding the motion to reconsider the motion denying the motion to reconsider the motion to seek the death penalty.

:seeya:

Thanks Dr K ! I added it to the original post !

Let me know if it is now correct -- keeping up with the day-to-day changes in the court schedule can make ya :crazy:

Hiya Becky, cold enough for you yet? I ventured outside tonight quickly and nearly froze my arse off. Brrrrrr! <3

Am I the only person that when I see Becky Sharp post or mentioned, I :giggle: remembering when she lost the ability for a month here to type a "W". She had such a funny accent, and her posts were hilarious!

(shall we steal her W again for a day or two for the heck of it?) :giggle:

Probably regarding the motion to reconsider the motion denying the motion to reconsider the motion to seek the death penalty.

:hilarious: LOL ! I tell ya, ya can't make this stuff up !

:gaah:

:seeya: Hi Luv,

From what I recall, this is JSS 1st DP case !

Thanks,dog.gone.cute,that's what I was thinking. She seems out of her league with this case. Praying for a good outcome, but I'm pessimistic right now.

Imagine being one of the jurors and having to explain to your boss whats going on.

A couple weeks in (on a mid-week day)....
Boss: Hey what are you doing back?
Juror: Just some issue with the trial. I have to go back Monday

A week later (mid-week).....
Juror: Just another issue with the trial. I have to go back Monday

Boss: Ok, this is ridiculous. Come to my office please.
Juror: Honestly Sir, the trial has been crazy.
Boss: Well so long as this is all over by December 18th like you told us.

A week later (mid-week again).....
Boss: What now?
Juror: About that December 18th day......

IIRC, the jury has to be unanimous on the DP. If not, JSS sentences her to LWP or LWOP. IMO, JSS will sentence her to LWOP. I truly don't believe the jury will come back with a unanimous verdict for the DP. IMO Fonseca successfully pointed out that TA was not the best of boyfriends and diminished CMJA. She did say He did not deserve to be murdered. After the questions from the jury yesterday, I truly don't see them coming back with the DP. JMV

BBM- this is what I don't understand. At the time of Travis' death, he wasn't JA's boyfriend. I hope someone makes that very clear to the jury. JA was convicted of pre-meditated murder. It wasn't a crime of passion..or that his behavior was intolerable, so much so that she just "snapped"...she planned and executed a brutal killing. She wanted him, she couldn't get him, she killed. IMO, end of story. I don't see how she doesn't deserve the DP.

I have to wonder how this undercover grooming issue is being taken by the largely female jurors. I would think it would be laughable at best, and highly insulting at worst to be told it's the act of a woman under the thrall of a man.

And if an older woman, she'll perhaps think pffffft, that's not a look that only pre-pubescents have... that's what happens when you get elderly over 60+ too! :floorlaugh: I'm a caretaker for an 88 year old, and well... same as a 12 year old. So perhaps the good Dr. should have stated that he liked her to look like that of an 80 year old?

I just looked at the court calendar earlier for JSS and I'm not seeing JA scheduled until 12/11.

I couldn't remember, thought it was just two days next week so I checked the calendar. One day only next week. Maybe they decided this *advertiser censored* on the computer stuff would take longer? Got me.

:seeya: I just re-checked the tweeters are AZ Central, and yes, the info is confusing so I will not re-post the tweets to cause more confusion ... lol !

But this is what I remember:

Thursday December 4 - Hearing on Computer Issue continues.

Friday December 5 - Hearing

Monday December 8 - Trial resumes.

I hope this is correct and if not, PLEASE correct me !

TIA !

I think you're right, DGC. The online court calendar is notoriously incomplete.

Great post and I hope you're right. OT I apologize because this was probably asked before. Just how many DP cases has JSS presided over?

I'm really not sure, Luvrosco. I'd thought this was her first capitol case where the DP was involved, then read somewhere it wasn't. You'd think it was her first after watching the guilt phase, then this FUBAR penalty phase so far.

I'd like to know for sure also!

Imagine being one of the jurors and having to explain to your boss whats going on.

A couple weeks in (on a mid-week day)....
Juror: Just some issue with the trial. I have to go back Monday

Boss: Ok, this is ridiculous. Come to my office please.
Juror: Honestly Sir, the trial has been crazy.
Boss: Well so long as this is all over by December 18th like you told us.

A week later (mid-week again).....
Boss: What now?
Juror: About that December 18th day......

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: LOL !

But on a serious note, this is not too far from the truth !

:seeya:

Hello everyone. I wonder if it will be possible, someway or another, to play Jodi's post-convict interviews for this jury. Who gets convicted of murder and goes on a media spree? An evil remoreseless killer that's who. (I really need to stop answering my own questions like this.) Nurmi might try to spin it as a sign of her being mentally ill though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur