Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read DeMarta's testimony, she confirmed TA went downstairs on FIRST level and turned circuit breakers back on. It was in the TESTIMONY, as well as friends saying so. Can we put this issue to rest. I realize you dislike PS and wish to discredit him but on this issue you were wrong, I am sure you can come up with a number of other things he said incorrectly just like BK and the rest, but unfortuately this is not one of them. DrDM testified to the circuit breakers. No offense meant

I would enjoy reading DeMarte's testimony. But all we get in this Twial (Twitter trial) are tweets and reports from courtroom observers. I really wish we had transcripts of actual testimony

I haven't heard any further reports of injuries to her fingers other than to that ring finger, Spellbound. Nothing would surprise me though! Maybe punching in walls or doors? That index finger is certainly not a normal size and neither are her hands.

She is so disgusting!

JA and Nurmi need to trade hands. His are quite delicate and wee... nurmi.jpg

To go with the above remark, any one of the jury members could have taken several classes in psych but did not minor or get a degree in that field. Also, some states let seniors monitor classes without having to pay, so maybe one or more have sat in on psych classes. Then any of these people may have more knowledge of tests, illnesses etc. then the normal person. That may be why we are getting some in depth questions. Or maybe someone is just very smart.

Or a know-it-all. I can't imagine a mental health professional asking those challenging questions as it is so glaringly obvious that DeMarte is a pro and knows what she's doing. While it is also glaringly obvious to any mental health professional that the others are unethical hired guns presenting biased, invalid conclusions and opinions. To say that they do MH professionals a disservice is an understatement. They're an embarrassment, IMO. And a danger.

BK reported it this way

JD spoke to Lisa Andrews. Lisa and TA were alone at TA's. All of a sudden a light went off. TA investigated it. It was JA but he didn't admit it to Lisa until shortly before he died.

Thank you! I knew I read it somewhere. So, it can be any light, right?

Can't believe we are going over these trivial details. :)

It is an exaggeration by Sanders. There are already dozens and dozens of posts in at least several threads correcting Sanders on this point. And it's still getting repeated and defended as fact.

There have been even more discussions about Sanders and his accuracy versus embellishments. He's entitled to write whatever and however he wants, but yikes, it's irritating to have his embellishments repeated as fact, especially when the "facts" aren't even being attributed to him. At least if they were I'd know to take them with a grain of salt.

I heard the story from Demarte during her testimony. Is the only part you are saying was embellished is just use of the word "basement"? Because Demarte did say he went downstairs if I recall correctly.

I'm still puzzled as to how Judge Stephens decided that the Constitution was insignificant in the face of the murderer's putative rights. I would love to read her reasoning. Why are we not privy to her reasoning?

Her reasoning is Nurmi saying this is for the safety of JA and her famiy. :rolleyes:

Open your eyes Nurmi! There is no media this time around! :gaah:

I knew I had heard that about the circuit breakers lately but I wasn't sure where, Thanks ICit for posting that. One of TA's friends also talked about the breakers, I think it was Clancy Talbot but I'm not postive. Anyway you settled the issue with your post. Thank you again

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ICit
What about the lights?
On Day 32 when Demartes testified she stated;

“One incident references that Travis Alexander was upstairs in his house with Lisa Andrews. The lights suddenly went out,” DeMarte explains. “Travis went downstairs to investigate and he turned the circuit breakers back on. He did not admit until later to Lisa that he discovered Arias downstairs.

I missed that. First I knew about circuit breakers. Thanks, ICit.

Read DeMarta's testimony, she confirmed TA went downstairs on FIRST level and turned circuit breakers back on. It was in the TESTIMONY, as well as friends saying so. Can we put this issue to rest. I realize you dislike PS and wish to discredit him but on this issue you were wrong, I am sure you can come up with a number of other things he said incorrectly just like BK and the rest, but unfortuately this is not one of them. DrDM testified to the circuit breakers. No offense meant

Last try. Read DM's testimony? Yes, I've done that multiple times on BK and by Twitter. No circuit breaker. Where are YOU reading DM's testimony?

I'm not trying to discredit Sanders. To say he is not accurate about something is to say.....he's not accurate about something. That's pretty straight forward.

I care about accuracy. I've followed this trial from day 1, have read and listened and viewed virtually everything put out by credible sources. Sanders has his place, IMO, but not for verifying the accuracy of testimony.

Thank you! I knew I read it somewhere. So, it can be any light, right?

Can't believe we are going over these trivial details. :)

BK reported :

JD spoke to Lisa Andrews. Lisa and TA were alone at TA's. All of a sudden a light went off. TA investigated it. It was JA but he didn't admit it to Lisa until shortly before he died.

Who knows? But whatever happened was Jodi stalking behavior

While we all can opine which tweeter is the most accurate we will not know until we can hear the audio from the trial with our own ears! Why can't we all get along? She is the murderer!

"Trial by Tweet" at its finest. :)

Tomorrow new day new witness, will it be Det Smith or someone else???? Hmm I wonder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard the story from Demarte during her testimony. Is the only part you are saying was embellished is just use of the word "basement"? Because Demarte did say he went downstairs if I recall correctly.

He went downstairs from upstairs. In the loft.

FYI, lisasalinger has permission from the owners to discuss her book on Websleuths.

Tomorrow new day new witness, will it be Det Smith or someone else???? Hmm I wonder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many hours will they actually be in session? Slowest court case I ever knew. And will all the jurors still be there? And how late will they get started? Sheesh.... I have so many questions before it even starts! And will JA get back on the stand., I doubt it. :dunno:

For any who might be concerned about LWP vs LWOP:

County Attorney Praises Passage of “Life Means Life” Law

PHOENIX, AZ (July 30, 2012) – Convicted murderers will now be required to serve longer prison sentences for certain first and second degree murder convictions thanks to changes to state sentencing statutes enacted in Arizona’s last legislative session. HB 2373, also known as “Life Means Life,” increases the maximum sentence for second degree murder and eliminates the possibility of early release for those convicted of premeditated first degree murder or first degree murder of a law enforcement officer. Supporters of the bill attended a ceremonial signing by Governor Janice K. Brewer at the State Capitol this morning.

“Victims of crime in Arizona have a constitutional right to a final conclusion of a case after a sentence. Permitting a convicted first degree premeditated murderer to seek release even after 25 years betrays the guarantee of finality,” remarked Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery, who attended today’s signing ceremony. “These changes to our sentencing laws will go a long way toward honoring the rights of victims of crime and safeguarding society from those who commit the worst of crimes.”

Sponsored by Representative Eddie Farnsworth (R – District 22), who chairs the House Judiciary Committee, HB 2373 increases the maximum sentence for second degree murder and from 22 to 25 calendar years and from 25 to 29 calendar years if aggravating circumstances are proven. The legislation also mandates a sentence of death or natural life for adults convicted of first degree premeditated murder or first degree murder of a police officer, thereby eliminating the possibility of release from confinement.

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.o...y-Praises-Passage-of-Life-Means-Life-Law.html

That is a great read. It sure makes it clear. With her guilty of 1st degree Murder plus the added factor of extreme cruelty, Judge Sherry will not issue a mere life sentence. If not the death penalty, then she would never be let out on the streets.

It is an exaggeration by Sanders. There are already dozens and dozens of posts in at least several threads correcting Sanders on this point. And it's still getting repeated and defended as fact.

There have been even more discussions about Sanders and his accuracy versus embellishments. He's entitled to write whatever and however he wants, but yikes, it's irritating to have his embellishments repeated as fact, especially when the "facts" aren't even being attributed to him. At least if they were I'd know to take them with a grain of salt.

Thanks Hope!

ITA, IMO it's not fact until I hear it with my own ears.

I will just stick to my own belief that a motion sensor light came on when JA sneaked in.

:deadhorse:

Amen. I'm sure everyone's straight now that JA threw a circuit breaker in the basement, and that when Travis went to investigate he found her on his computer hacking his bank accounts and diverting his PPL startups.

He chased her away, but she evaded him, then spun around and pulled out her stun gun. Too late, Travis had already gone back inside to turn on the circuit breakers.

You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member