Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I can't believe I'm stomping around like a herd of water buffalo (is that what Juan said that blood puddle was?) into this lights talk.

Here's my take on it:
* Travis was with Lisa
* Travis saw a light go ON (While reading the tweets as they were coming in that day, "ON" was the mental picture I had)
* I assumed the light was downstairs.
* He left the Lisa in the LuvSak to check it out
* He finds the interior front area downstairs was on by JA, and when he found her, he and shoooo'd her away.
* Came back to Lisa

Then when Paul wrote about the circuit breaker thing, I was miffed, like WTF, I read 5 or 6 tweets that all said "a light"

Now the other side of it is, what if it was an exterior motion light that TA could see out of the corner of his eye, and he knew no roommates are home so he went to check on it and he shooo'd her away. If it was a motion light then he could tell Lisa it was Naps (not JA), and then later tell her the truth.

~~ a post by me on ambien ... enjoy

I'd answer, but I'm officially now allergic to even the word...L.ig.h.t. :D

QUOTE=Caylee Advocate;11480383]Not yet, see my post, LMAO.

:gasp: :hills:[/QUOTE]

I love it. I ate a snickers and I am back to myself. LMAO. I just don't know if that is good or bad though? All clear bsk come on out.

It is an exaggeration by Sanders. There are already dozens and dozens of posts in at least several threads correcting Sanders on this point. And it's still getting repeated and defended as fact.

There have been even more discussions about Sanders and his accuracy versus embellishments. He's entitled to write whatever and however he wants, but yikes, it's irritating to have his embellishments repeated as fact, especially when the "facts" aren't even being attributed to him. At least if they were I'd know to take them with a grain of salt.

Thanks for saying this. I don't read Sanders any more because he mixes reality with stuff he's made up and there aren't clear delineations between the two. In particular, I intensely dislike that he speaks for how the jury is thinking, when he can't possibly know what's in someone else's head, let alone 15 heads or whatever we're down to. And his projections were way off when it came to what the collective jurors evidently are thinking about Demarte.

I prefer to read reporting that is more factually based, but I can see others like Sanders' style. It's just not for me. At all.

Trial by tweet aggravates me. So much of the time there is an objection not explained at all, or a question is asked and no answer given by tweet. That said, I do appreciate the tweets that do actually tell us something.

*I always appreciate our WS people who posts what tweets there are.

When I told my son about this controversy, he laughed and said, "If all the lights went out then someone flipped a breaker or the power went off due to a storm, an unpaid light bill, or some other unfortunate insident. It didn't happen by wishing or magic" then he laughed again and walked off. I felt stupid I didn't think of it myself. I have an upstairs and it has a lot of lights up there. In order for them all to go off all at once, somone would have to flip a number of breakers because they are not all on the same circuit, or the main breaker. So all I'm saying TexMex is that it is common sense.

All I'm saying is I wish we could actually read testimony instead of tweets and reports. One report says circuit breakers. Another says "a light". Some tweets say lights were turned ON. Still others say OFF. Until we can watch the video or read a transcript we don't know what was testified to in this Twial

I love Dr Hayes most of all. I hope she is on his witness list but wonder why the DT wouldn't have filed a motion or 10 to stop her if she was.

I thought the DT did file a motion to preclude? Dr. Hayes was listed with several others on Juan's list of witnesses, IIRC?

I am sad that we are stuck with tweets for this trial. Each tweeter puts their take on what they heard in 40 characters and we are left trying to figure out not only who said what, when it happened, what was said, what the mood was in the courtroom at that moment, was it true, did the DT object and if so what was the ruling, what are they quoting, if there was a question posed, and . . . . what was the point again?

It's just too much to try and piece together tidbits of "tweets" and understand what was actually happening and why this was being brought up as a mitigation factor. We really have not enough information to know what was actually said - we just have the ability to repeat tweets and ponder. I think it is truly sad that the trial has been so secret - the transparency factor feels greatly compromised (IMO)

Hear, hear. But with what we have.... I think Ziggy does a better job than any of the tweeters or journalists or writers. She has the whole package: legal training, a trial watcher's sensibilities, an eye for detail, seems to read people well, and she actually reports grounds for objections and JSS' rulings.

Wish she could be there every day.

Let me ask everyone a question here, "How do you turn all the lights out in your house without flipping the circuit breakers?" I have an upstairs and there are at least ten different switches that turn lights off and on not counting the Lamps that are plugged in. I can't turn those lights out all at one time without flipping a number of breakers or flip the main breaker. Does anyone have a magic house that you can turn lights out from somewhere else in the house without touching the breakers or the switches and plugs that control the lights? Sounds like common sense to me just doesn't exist in some peoples minds. JMHO

It's all about context. Seeing a light go off in another part of a house is different than ALL the lights going out.

Okay, I can't believe I'm stomping around like a herd of water buffalo (is that what Juan said that blood puddle was?) into this lights talk.

Here's my take on it:
* Travis was with Lisa
* Travis saw a light go ON (While reading the tweets as they were coming in that day, "ON" was the mental picture I had)
* I assumed the light was downstairs.
* He left the Lisa in the LuvSak to check it out
* He finds the interior front area downstairs was on by JA, and when he found her, he and shoooo'd her away.
* Came back to Lisa

Then when Paul wrote about the circuit breaker thing, I was miffed, like WTF, I read 5 or 6 tweets that all said "a light"

Now the other side of it is, what if it was an exterior motion light that TA could see out of the corner of his eye, and he knew no roommates are home so he went to check on it and he shooo'd her away. If it was a motion light then he could tell Lisa it was Naps (not JA), and then later tell her the truth.

~~ a post by me on ambien ... enjoy

Great ambien post. ITA.

From 2/03/15:

From Ziggy @ 4:00 p.m. AZ time:

Dr. JD talked to TA ex-fiance: she was uncomfortable with TA spanking her in public as a joke and asked him not to do it. She was also uncomfortable with the kissing.

TA did not agree with her career choice as a teacher because of lack of good salary compensation.

She said any sexual activity was consensual, not forced - he never physically abused her.
She told Dr. JD when she was with TA late at night at his house and they saw a light that came on when, Ta went to investigate he said it was not Jodi (they both thought it was). Then shortly before TA death, he confessed to her that it was Jodi.
--

From TexMex @ 4:00 p.m. AZ time:

BK

Lisa described for Demarte being at TA's house. A light went on in the house. TA went to investigate. TA said it wasn't JA but later--not long before he died--TA admitted to Lisa that it was, in fact, JA that night.
---

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 54s 54 seconds ago

DeMarte repeats the story of Alexander being home with Lisa Andrews when he notices a light go out.

When he checks, it's #jodiarias.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 48s 49 seconds ago
Lisa told DeMarte when TA and Lisa were in a house a light came on/ TA went to check it out it was JA who snuck in and was turning them on
--

From 2/04/15:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 54s 54 seconds ago

DeMarte repeats the story of Alexander being home with Lisa Andrews when he notices a light go out.

When he checks, it's #jodiarias.
----

These are all the tweets/posts I found on the subject. Welcome to WS, Samspace!

Trial by tweet aggravates me. So much of the time there is an objection not explained at all, or a question is asked and no answer given by tweet. That said, I do appreciate the tweets that do actually tell us something.

*I always appreciate our WS people who posts what tweets there are.

Yes.

I hugely appreciate that we finally were allowed to read transcripts of her secret testimony. No wee tweets that. And no misinterpretation by anyone. But still not the same as watching her testify. Did she do that lizard lip licking thing? Did she smirk? Look smug? Roll out the meek girl routine? Body language says what words can't. I'll definitely watch whatever video comes out post trial, just to see for myself.

Thank you for replying.

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree but we can have respectful opposing opinions.

And this is mine on the subject.

I don't find Travis any different from females who have endured their own domestic violence abuser... except males are the least likely to report being a victim of domestic abuse.

I did many things.. that I am sure if people had known about them... would have questioned my sanity and reasoning in my 10 year abusive relationship with my ex-husband who came very close to killing me. Did I do unexplainable things? I suppose so to those who have never had to endure the situation I was living at the time. I did everything in my power to appease him in any way I could think of doing so.

Even after I separated from him and he stalked me for 10.5 months, I had sex with him, every time he demanded it...... even though inwardly it tied me up in a knot of anxiety and repulsion. I felt rightly or wrongly ...if I got him to stay calm and gave into his demands then I was safe and would not lose my life by him acting out violently. When I tried to stand tall against him at times is when he would either beat me unmercifully or he would put a .44 Magnum to my head and make me beg for my life, which I did.

Even the thought of me dating someone else (which I hadn't) threw him into an obsessive jealous rage. Finally he took it too far and almost beat me to death putting me in ICU for three weeks. It was at that time it was finally out of my hands altogether and in the hands of the police for once. I never dared call the police on him, not for the stalking, not for vandalizing my vehicle, and not for the other times he had beat me. But this time my best friend found me lying in the floor unconscious. All I wanted was peace and to be able to be a good mother to our children. He, being the great manipulator himself, never hurt me in front of the kids. It wasn't until I was in the hospital they finally knew the truth. After then was the turning point in my life and I got my divorce three months later. Two years later I met the most caring loving man imaginable who would become my husband and with his total love and support it has healed all old wounds.

I do not carry around old tired old baggage of yesterday that would only weigh me down. Eventually, years later, when my ex begged for forgiveness, I forgave him, and have never had one regret that I did. I knew my life was not about the past but about the present and future that held many blessings for me beyond words.

I also do not automatically believe a murderer because they claim they have been abused. I look for evidence and there is none in this case whatsoever. Suffering from childhood abuse as well as adult abuse it has never left me close minded.

So to me, Travis, like most all victims of domestic violence, learned to appease, and stroke the beast he had come to fear. He had already seen what happened when she acted out of rage. I will not blame him in any way for what his victimizer did nor how he chose to try and deal with her.

He said he feared her and he did and we know he had every right in the world to fear her. The only difference in this case is the victim is named Travis......instead of Tammy.

Just because he was a male victim and she was female abuser made her no less deadly. Imo, his fear was no less than any other domestic violence victim and his actions were the same mistakes that so many other victims (men and women) have made and will make in the future.

He, like so many others, thought he could handle it on his own. After all he was a male and men are expected to react differently when a female goes off the rails because of a relationship. One day I hope that people will come to know that men are just as uncertain about what to do in their violent situation as females who face their own hell.

As far as ALV my opinion has not changed. Imo, she was one of the most disgusting witnesses in the last trial. Geff and MF is enough this time and I am glad they did not call back ALV along with all of her biases.

Oceanblueeyes, you seem to have a very healthy outlook and I admire your courage. Its those like you who can see that Arias claims of abuse are ludicrous. And you also understand that men can be abused by women. Here is the link to a person of notoriety, a man, who along with his children, endured years of abuse from a wife who finally committed suicide. He lived a horrible life and could not stop it. I'm speculating too, when I add that 'divorce' was not looked at favorably, since his family are known to be Catholic. (I think that is true of the Catholics, but I'm not certain.) But she was Borderline.

Here's the link: The New Face of Borderline Personality Disorder: Mary Richardson Kennedy Abused Her Husband and Children and Committed Suicide as a Final Act of Revenge for Perceived Abandonment
http://shrink4men.com/2012/06/11/th...nal-act-of-revenge-for-perceived-abandonment/

Since this is information so easy to check on I am not going to correct you here.

This was confusing to me too. I don't think Travis had a basement so the circuit breaker would be on the side of his house with access from the yard. I do recall a tweet that he told Lisa he was going to check the breaker. It will be interesting if we actually get trial video. Ok, i am back to catching up.

Oh, thank you. I had not reasoned it that way! Makes sense though.

I think JSS did give Nurmi time to interview Smith. IIRC, JM also said the law did not require a report from Smith but there would be one in approximately 2 weeks or so.

*I really think the defense has just about run out of motions to file and out of delays to ask for.

MOO

When I was looking for the lights tweets I came across one that stated JSS told Nurmi he could interview Det. Smith last Friday, hopefully he did that and we're all go for testimony from him tomorrow.

Diggin....they didn't have a joint bank account. JA used the expression to mean a reservoir of good will, and was accusing TA of overdrawing on it because he hadn't called her.

Oh thanks! I had not reasoned it that way, but it makes sense.

This was confusing to me too. I don't think Travis had a basement so the circuit breaker would be on the side of his house with access from the yard. I do recall a tweet that he told Lisa he was going to check the breaker. It will be interesting if we actually get trial video. Ok, i am back to catching up.

It seems Kiefer was the only one reporting lights going off, everyone else said (a) light came on and Travis went to investigate.

When I told my son about this controversy, he laughed and said, "If all the lights went out then someone flipped a breaker or the power went off due to a storm, an unpaid light bill, or some other unfortunate insident. It didn't happen by wishing or magic" then he laughed again and walked off. I felt stupid I didn't think of it myself. I have an upstairs and it has a lot of lights up there. In order for them all to go off all at once, somone would have to flip a number of breakers because they are not all on the same circuit, or the main breaker. So all I'm saying TexMex is that it is common sense.

Well look at it this way, this conservation proves one thing, regardless of how the lights went out, this proves TA was not a violent man as he did not harm the intruder!!! Whoever that was!

Hey if the house was old enough she could have unscrewed a fuse. :innocent:

'scuse me while I dive into a bomb shelter....

Now, you've done it, bsk. It will be all over the internet world that Travis unscrewed Arias' short fuse, so she butchered him. (Gotta be careful what we say in cyber space!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3