Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting, I once got a *advertiser censored* site on a old PC...I did the same thing you did. My current iPad, that only I have had, has an issue when I try to write responses, will freeze up and also will tell me I do not have enough written words to reply to WS. After three attempts of rewriting my response, I just give up. I now will use the lap top for long responses. The white blinking box happens on the Apple Lap Top only....and only on WS. I got the lap top about 2 years ago. This is the second day it has not done the blinking white box. Maybe it fixed itself? I hope so. Thanks for sharing.

Same thing happening to me today from iPhone Tapatalk.

Jodi testified (day 17) that she kept "hitting save" every few minutes so the conversation could be replayed later.

Is it possible that the Judge will allow live streaming for just that one day?

That would be up to the media to ask. It would be just the attorneys so there is no reason to keep the cameras out. jmo

I was watching Investigative Discovery while ago, and it took me a long time to realize that I was watching a program about Jodi's soon-to-be lover in Perryville Prison. I had noticed that they kept talking about Gilbert, Arizona, but it took me quite a while to figure out who it was, even though they kept saying the name Marissa over and over.

FYI.

Beth Karas will have video of the entire trial as soon as it's made available. If sidebars were videotaped she'll post those too, if not she'll post the transcripts.

She put in a request to the PIO on Thursday for transcripts of the in chambers meeting about JA's secret testimony. JSS said it would be unsealed some days ago, but Beth seemed to think JSS hasn't yet ordered them unsealed. :( Sounds like it'll be coming later rather than sooner.

I believe the BMW was paid off. Not sure why he let her use the BMW to go get the Uhaul. What she was paying him back was for the repairs to the BMW because insurance would not cover the damages. That is what I understood from the testimony. Anyone have a link? At $100 a month it would take her years to pay off that car.

If we believe Jodi when she claims TA gave her the BMW we have to wonder why there was no paperwork either giving her permission to use his car, no insurance policy in her name, no contract on his computer, no paper copies that either she or Travis had. Nothing. So was she paying him for the damages or the damages plus the car. You are talking about $10,000 @ $100 a month would take her literally years. He'd be tied to her for years. Really? Certainly paints a much different person of who Travis was than what Jodi wants us to believe. jmo

I might be way off here, but, does anyone know or think that TA could have earned the BMW from Prepaid Legal? I know if you go to Legal Shield, which was Prepaid Legal it talks about accomplishing and driving your BMW. http://www.legalshield.com/opportunity (You go to performance club.)

Here's the user's manual for the Ocean Helio phone, she could text, e-mail and instant message with it as well as record, take pics, etc:

http://www.standupwireless.com/manuals/Manual_PANTECH_OCEAN.pdf

BBM - I went looking for reviews and this one seems to sum up the Helio(compared to the Iphone) quite well, at least for our purposes. The poster then goes on about how the Helio plan was great and was his/her deciding factor, unlimited data for a price that barely covered minimal needs on other plans.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/05/iphone_vs_helio.html#comment-607560964

"Thursday Dec.6, 2007 5:44AM
Now, on the Helio Ocean:

This phone is amazing. It may not be as pretty and shiny, as some of you have stated as your reasons for buying, but it is JUST AS functional. If not more.

The UI is easy to navigate and gets you what you need, right there and then. I love the interface for the messenging center, everything in one place is an awesome idea. I love I can just go to the messenging center and check my text, AIM, YIM, MSN, and e-mail.
<snip>
Oh and did I mention that it has 3G? Downloads, the Internet, and searches are extremely fast. It may not have Wi-Fi like the iPhone, but I use my MacBook Pro to browse the internet Wi-Fi, not my phone.
"

Speaking of phones and data plans... maybe JA had convinced TA to front her for the phone and plan that got "stolen" and he caught her using it after the date she said it was stolen and before she got the new one from GS(which TA may have found out about too, probably from JA herself, just to rub it in his face). I seem to recall an Ocean was on her list of things to get in 2008, or was that 2007... :lookingitup:

Edit: Found date she listed Helio phone Vol.3, P.75. "Goals for the month of January:" <snip> "12. Helio phone."

Lamb Chop,
Would you mind checking on Tuba and seeing if she (or he) is okay? Tuba used to post regularly and had some great posts and interesting points to make. Tuba isn't here anymore. :(
Thanks so much.

I have been alone all weekend so was listening to some of Arias testimony and I want to extend my hope that this new life or death jury will de edify Arias and give her death. There is nothing I was able to find in her lengthy detailed lies to cause me to believe she deserves to be edified. She has spent many hours since she slaughtered Travis Alexander attempting to de edify him and at the same time claim she didn't want to do so. She has practiced and studied how to de edify him. Now it's stop to stop this s$&@t and give her what she deserves and I am not talking about a flu shot. My sincere sympathies to the Alexander family that they had to go on so long listening to pure evil on stage.

Lamb Chop,
Would you mind checking on Tuba and seeing if she (or he) is okay? Tuba used to post regularly and had some great posts and interesting points to make. Tuba isn't here anymore. :(
Thanks so much.

I was thinking of Tuba a few days ago....Someone else was looking for her too. I will watch to see if there is a reply.

I might be way off here, but, does anyone know or think that TA could have earned the BMW from Prepaid Legal? I know if you go to Legal Shield, which was Prepaid Legal it talks about accomplishing and driving your BMW. http://www.legalshield.com/opportunity (You go to performance club.)

Good catch, it certainly looks like a possibility... the video of all the people with them was moving too fast but someone might want to peruse it to see if TA is among them.

BBM - Re the:

"RECORD CALL
Records the conversation for up to three minutes during a call.
DO NOT record any calls unless you have informed all the parties in
the call that you are recording the conversation. Not informing all
the parties that a call is being recorded may be illegal.
"

I recall that tape being way longer than 3 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNFSY5x-3w&feature=youtu.be&t=32m17s

VAL pssst! Please do not ask me to listen again. I listened twice and there are so many breaks in the tape that something is definitely going on. I THINK I remember her explaining that she had to keep hitting record because it would shut off.

That is not what I believe. If that was true then you would hear something every three minutes. The breaks are staggered. His voice changes too. I still think she manufactured the tapes and recorded them onto the Helio.

VAL pssst! Please do not ask me to listen again. I listened twice and there are so many breaks in the tape that something is definitely going on. I THINK I remember her explaining that she had to keep hitting record because it would shut off.

That is not what I believe. If that was true then you would hear something every three minutes. The breaks are staggered. His voice changes too. I still think she manufactured the tapes and recorded them onto the Helio.

I have wondered from the beginning if Gus Searcy knew he gave her this phone for nefarious purposes. Gus has said repeatedly that he had information that neither the defense nor the prosecution wanted to hear. Everyone said he was just a media hound. Maybe he was telling the truth. Jodi uses people. I think Gus does too. Maybe she sexed him up to get that phone and he realized what she did with it. We all believe she used it to record that sex conversation. What if the truth is that she used it to cut and paste several conversations and make it into one? And how about that email that was broken into parts? She is sleazy and smart that way. I wonder now how much of this Gus has figured out? I wonder how much JM can prove at this point and bring into this penalty phase? Jodi is all about harming other people, using them to her advantage. Slaughtering Travis wasn't even a big deal to Jodi. She has no human feelings for anyone.

I only listened to the tape during the trial. Does anyone know if words or parts of sentences are cut off. It seems to me that as many times as she would have to push the save button she would of forgotten to several times, being in the moment and all. Especially while she was doing the required two handed masturbation. IMO this tape is a total setup.

More about that: http://sites.legalshield.com/pdf/23323.pdf
read the "fine print" about what it is.

ETA: ^^ and from what a friend of mine told me (who's involved in a different MLM program). You buy the car. IF you continue to earn at a certain level, the MLM company, reimburses you up to $x toward the payment each month. After x years the car is paid off whether you sell enough or you have to pay on your own. The MLM company can't easily "gift" you a car because of tax ramifications. Hope that makes sense????

BBM

That right there shows what a cold hearted biotoch she is. She's sitting there with a Det b/c someone she cares about has been brutally murdered and she's more concerned with whether or not he had cashed the check....and she knew he didn't cash it.

SMH

And yes dropping off a check could have been why he let her in.

BBM ~ This is exactly how I think she conned her way in. She needed a reason to see him, because I don't think he asked her to come over.

BBM ~ This is exactly how I think she conned her way in. She needed a reason to see him, because I don't think he asked her to come over.

I believe he knew she was coming over, especially if it was 4 am. I think there is more here than has been let out about why she was coming over. I think it had to do with that last blow up they had, I still have a hard time believing after that blow up between TA and JA that they had sex or took nude pictures that day. I think TA thought JA had left by the time he went to take a shower, and from the shower pics on those were the whole, "If I can't have him, no one else will" because I believe that is exactly why she killed him. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think I am far off base here.

hmmmm. Not sure Travis would have told executor right away. But, maybe he did not give her the car, just wanted her to paid for damages.

BBM. I'm confused. You get an executor after you die. The executor organizes your estate, distributes your gifts to the relevant inheritor, hands over Napoleon officially to Deanna, pays off bills, etc.

BBM. I'm confused. You get an executor after you die. The executor organizes your estate, distributes your gifts to the relevant inheritor, hands over Napoleon officially to Deanna, pays off bills, etc.

Agree.

From my feeble memory :eek:ddsmiley: Travis sold the BMW to Jodi.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/11/ijvm.01.html
Ironically, even though Travis Alexander was born to drug addicted parents, he was a self-made success story. He lived in a beautiful new home in Mesa, Arizona, with a sprawling master suite. And after getting a Toyota Prius, he sold his other car, a BMW, to Jodi.

Same is said in Hogan's book :
https://books.google.com/books?id=iVRuAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=Travis+sold+Jodi+the+BMW&source=bl&ots=k29PtD5waW&sig=UeZiJSHoPVgTKcRNtJZuFvu_s8c&hl=en&sa=X&ei=pu7fVI3HFueIsQS5tILQBQ&ved=0CB0Q6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=Travis%20sold%20Jodi%20the%20BMW&f=false

sold the car for $6000 with the agreement of payments $100 per month or more once settled and a better job. (paraphrased)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966