Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she rented the dolly to take her own car back. She was going to drive the UHaul and needed to tow her Infiniti.

Ding ding ding.....:)

JA testified in guilt phase that Travis sold her the car-- she made it sound like she had done him a favor-- and that it was a crappy car.

So you know that the BMW had value, especially to Travis (that's why she trashed it) and that he never sold it to her. I don't know what she told Travis about needing his car to go get the UHaul...or maybe she just took it without his permission.

I think she rented the dolly to take her own car back. She was going to drive the UHaul and needed to tow her Infiniti.

JA testified in guilt phase that Travis sold her the car-- she made it sound like she had done him a favor-- and that it was a crappy car.

So you know that the BMW had value, especially to Travis (that's why she trashed it) and that he never sold it to her. I don't know what she told Travis about needing his car to go get the UHaul...or maybe she just took it without his permission.

The fact that she owned an Infinity is a puzzle. My niece had one and it was very expensive, more than a Lexus, if I remember correctly. How does a waitress afford an Infinity?

Do you (or anyone else) have a reference to her laptop being smashed up when recovered by LE? Was it in testimony or elsewhere? I don't doubt it but haven't seen where that originally came from. I did read (I believe in a minute entry) that its hard drive was first thought to be inaccessble but was taken to (TLSI?) and most sectors were assessible after some work on it and a mirror image was made of what could be recovered. I'm just curious about the condition it was found in and where that info came from.

I keep seeing about the laptop. I believe it was the hard drive from the laptop that was smashed. I know it is nitpicking but that may be were the confusion is coming from.

Picking it up the Uhaul would have been empty. She had to go back to the house to get her boxes stored in his garage and her belongings that were wherever she had been staying. Plus she still had her car there. Seems strange that she would drive his car when she had to load her's onto the trailer. Why not just do it once?

IMO, she took the BMW for the express purpose of destroying it. There's no good reason why she didn't drive her own car there.

The fact that she owned an Infinity is a puzzle. My niece had one and it was very expensive, more than a Lexus, if I remember correctly. How does a waitress afford an Infinity?

If she leased the vehicle she could have put a small down payment (sometimes none at all) and monthly payments for 3 years - then option to purchase or continue leasing this car or something else. Maybe end of a lease - or she quit making lease payments?

ETA: Didn't Abe testify that she had a crappy car as she drove off from the parking lot (the night of the magic panties episode)?

Maybe she needed it because her Mom had already left with her Infiniti? lol

BOURBON from elsewhere...it is very rude to take posts from here and post them as your own. Do your own research or cite Websleuths and the names of folks here whose posts you are cut and pasting. :(

Agree.

From my feeble memory :eek:ddsmiley: Travis sold the BMW to Jodi.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/11/ijvm.01.html
Ironically, even though Travis Alexander was born to drug addicted parents, he was a self-made success story. He lived in a beautiful new home in Mesa, Arizona, with a sprawling master suite. And after getting a Toyota Prius, he sold his other car, a BMW, to Jodi.

Same is said in Hogan's book :
https://books.google.com/books?id=iVRuAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=Travis+sold+Jodi+the+BMW&source=bl&ots=k29PtD5waW&sig=UeZiJSHoPVgTKcRNtJZuFvu_s8c&hl=en&sa=X&ei=pu7fVI3HFueIsQS5tILQBQ&ved=0CB0Q6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=Travis%20sold%20Jodi%20the%20BMW&f=false

sold the car for $6000 with the agreement of payments $100 per month or more once settled and a better job. (paraphrased)

But then she had to add the repair bills to that amount, she was not happy.

BOURBON from elsewhere...it is very rude to take posts from here and post them as your own. Do your own research or cite Websleuths and the names of folks here whose posts you are cut and pasting. :(

Something you would like to say Hope?

She told Flores she had recently 'given it back to the bank' during Interrogation Day 1 but I don't recall any date being stated, at least not that I've seen.

If she knew it was getting repossessed she could have just left it in Mesa and towed the BMW. But when she wrecked it had to keep the Infinity longer.

Her Mom flew down to Mesa to help her move back, right? Could her Mom have driven the Infiniti back, seems like that would have been the original plan rather than try to tow it 1000 miles. Otherwise what would she have needed her Mom for, she had few possessions to return with.

According to JA it was a huuuuuuuge UHaul. :D. Who knows why her mother. To take turns driving the UHaul maybe. JA didn't have any friends to help her with anything, just a spoon-wielding mother.

If she knew it was getting repossessed she could have just left it in Mesa and towed the BMW. But when she wrecked it had to keep the Infinity longer.

I thought of that, but this was early April, and it wasn't repossessed until sometime before mid-July. With her though, who knows if she was ever able to make regular payments on it and how often repossession was threatened.

According to JA it was a huuuuuuuge UHaul. :D. Who knows why her mother. To take turns driving the UHaul maybe. JA didn't have any friends to help her with anything, just a spoon-wielding mother.

I tend to think she could have handled the UHaul all the way back to Yreka, she does have kinda truck-driver-sized hands.

Just asked DH (professional auto technician @ dealership) about towing a car 1000 miles that was left in gear instead of neutral. He said it would ruin transmission, trans-axle, drive train, etc. The engine is required to distribute oil to all of those gears and without it all of the parts would burn up. I asked if that wouldn't leave a trail of smoke behind her at some point - he replied "it could, but that would require someone to look behind them and notice". He did agree that it would stink but she probably didn't notice because it was behind her.

Just thought it was an interesting tidbit to add to this conversation.

For those sleuthing the Helio...

Fwiw, from guilt phase, testimony indicated she and Ryan Burns used Google IM. From screen shots looks identical to the page layout of the Helio "text."

Not sure if that's relevant....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members