Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one thing that has bothered me about the evidence. It’s a minor thing, and it doesn’t diminish the guilty verdict, but I know it to be incorrect. The evidence was about the credit card charges when Jodi rented the car. She said her reason for changing her mind on something was due to what Priceline offered on the rental car. Juan said she didn’t go to Priceline to rent the car. His proof was credit card charges were shown that the rental car agency was the vendor on her credit card receipt. He said if she had rented the car through Priceline, then Priceline would be shown as the vendor on her credit card receipt. That’s not correct. His proof was her credit card receipt showing the rental car agency as vendor as opposed to an airline ticket she purchased – Priceline was shown as the vendor for the plane fare purchase.

I’m not sure as to their current policy, but during the timeframe when Jodi rented the car, when a car was rented through Priceline, it was just a reservation. Priceline held the reservation, but no charges were made. The rental car company *would* charge credit cards directly. When the person picked up the car, that was the only time credit card information was exchanged. Priceline’s name would not appear anywhere on the credit card receipt.

For air fares, it was different. The moment the reservation was made, the ticket was purchased by Priceline, and Priceline would show up on credit card statements.

I know this to be a fact because I handled travel arrangements where I worked, and that’s just the way it transpired.

It doesn’t change anything, and that one data point is insignificant in the whole scheme of things, however.

Signed – new member anxiously awaiting transcript from testimony given chambers due to be released.

Thank You for the info and :welcome: to WS! :fireworks:

That was an LOL moment, and she said it with a straight face. Boy can she lie.

I don't think Jodi realized how an IP address works. Plus I am sure there was more that she wanted destroyed. I really think she tried to erase the emails regarding BMW. I reviewed a lot of the interviews and phone calls...and her main concern seem to be, was the check she wrote to Travis going to be cashed.

BBM

That right there shows what a cold hearted biotoch she is. She's sitting there with a Det b/c someone she cares about has been brutally murdered and she's more concerned with whether or not he had cashed the check....and she knew he didn't cash it.

SMH

And yes dropping off a check could have been why he let her in.

The hard drive that Lonny D spoke about was an external hard drive, that external was damage and LE sent it out to try and recover what they could. I don't remember him speaking about a computer/ laptop that belonged to ja.

I haven't listened to Det M so don't know what he said about the computers.

Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. I think the hard drive that was damaged was a drive that was taken from JA's laptop. Here's a summary of Dworkin's original testimony about that drive:
External drive, broken. Dworkin received this on October 25th, 2012 @ 11:26 am. 2.5 inch drive, a type of drive that would be internal to a laptop + a bag of parts from an external enclosure that would be appropriate for use for that hard drive. Appears that hard drive may have been in that enclosure at some point, but this enclosure was provided to me as a bag of parts.

Also received a mirror image of this drive on November 5, 2012 4:47 (am or pm?). Mirror image is same as that for JA’s drive. Asked to process hard drive using SOP. Used Encase, recovered all messages, photos, Internet history.

Copy received, was from original hard drive, but original hard drive was damaged. Mesa PD sent original HD to specialty service to try to make the HD operational. This third party then created Encase mirror image and returned to Mesa PD.

Would normally be able to open that mirror and would appear as any Windows system. See files, folders, etc. But front sectors of drive were damaged, so master file table that established the folders, files, etc damaged. Had to run special scripts to reconstitute the file system. Able to search drive and locate the backup file system that Windows automatically creates. Using that, could view the content on the hard drive. However, the portions of drive that were damaged, the third party had written unrecoverable.

Pulled photos off of drive. Could not always get info re: when photos taken; partially due to damage, but sometimes damage did not account for lack of when photos taken. (Ex 394 & 393)

Shown photos with time stamps; time stamps were on photos as appeared on evidence drive.

If it was Neumeister i'm pretty sure JA paid him well. Why would a witness go over to shake her hand in court in view of everyone.

It must have felt like a stab in the heart to the Alexander family. Very sickening to me. It goes to show what type of person he is.

Right around the 16 minute mark, JW asks Lisa questions about trips she took with Travis and about her finding out he took trips with Jodi.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0YdawUss0

It all sounds like a guy trying to gently shake off an ex that didn't want to go... imo.(from approx. 15:00-22:50 so unless there was something more I missed?) He may have taken a couple of trips with her(like I suggested before were they perhaps PPL related?) but JA was the only one who seemed to still be trying to create the impression that there was still something between them, this was during the time when Lisa knew that TA and JA used to date. Lisa just didn't like that TA used to text other females. She was what, 18 or 19 at the time?, not surprising at that age and that she knew he was texting other females openly tells me it was likely innocent, even if it was flirtatious, interaction on his part. Basically Lisa was setting boundaries and TA wasn't ready to abide by them, to his later regret.

So, we could be on verdict watch in two weeks... :chillout: :scared: :happydance: :scared: :please:

I've posted about this several times. He did NOT give her the car or intend to sell it to her. She contacted his executor shortly after she murdered him claiming T gave her the car, executor called Chris Hughes who told him it was a lie, exec. asked her to provide proof, she MANUFACTURED an email exchange between herself and TA, the attorney told her to scram. All that per Chris Hughes.

Thank you. I have thought that for a long time. I can't imagine he would do that without signing it over to her. It could be she never asked to use the BMW to go get the Uhaul since I think Travis would have dropped her off if she had asked. jmo

Out of everything from this part of the trial, I will miss seeing Juan's summation/closing the most (due to trial by tweet).

Wish there were someone here at WS that had a 2008 helio. They texted/chatted on my space and facebook, but could have had yahoo, not sure there was a hotmail or gmail chat at that time.

After listening to Flores/Juan testimony, I think JA calling a lawyer was about the BMW. Flores was told to read a long text exchange but all he could say about it was that Travis was very angry that Jodi had lied again to him. It was the exchange were he called her a 3holewonder and he said he felt like a dildo with a heartbeat. IIRC...that conversation was VERY long and it took hours.

Here's the user's manual for the Ocean Helio phone, she could text, e-mail and instant message with it as well as record, take pics, etc:

http://www.standupwireless.com/manuals/Manual_PANTECH_OCEAN.pdf

Out of everything from this part of the trial, I will miss seeing Juan's summation/closing the most (due to trial by tweet).

Is it possible that the Judge will allow live streaming for just that one day?

Thanks!

Here's the user's manual for the Ocean Helio phone, she could text, e-mail and instant message with it as well as record, take pics, etc:

http://www.standupwireless.com/manuals/Manual_PANTECH_OCEAN.pdf
NSTANT MESSAGING .....................................................116
EMAIL MESSAGES ...........................................................118
SEND EMAIL ....................................................................119
HELIO MAIL .....................................................................121
YAHOO!...........................................................................121
AOL ..................................................................................122

snip
RECORD CALL
Records the conversation for up to three minutes during a call.
DO NOT record any calls unless you have informed all the parties in
the call that you are recording the conversation. Not informing all
the parties that a call is being recorded may be illegal.
WINDOWS LIVE...............................................................122
GMAIL..............................................................................122
EARTHLINK ......................................................................123
EMAIL MENU OPTIONS...................................................123
CUSTOM POP3/IMAP ........

Hmmm, I wonder if you could download IM or email app with Travis' info, as if he were the owner of phone. She then could send lots of fake IMs and emails.

Also, shows this phone had memory card.

I have been re-watching the original Trial. I want to hear the confidence in the Prosecutor JM. He's GOT this.
Nurmi is being a good puppet for JA doing his job.
I re-read the Dear Judge letter from JA claiming all is not to her liking with Nurmi. I was happy to read he is so not into her the way she thinks he should be. He is about defending the defendant according to the Law of AZ not following the law of Jodi Land. I felt he should have JW school her on his lawyering skills but seems he already did that. Now she is even more upset with him. I do not think Nurmi should be stooping so low as to continue his path of bashing poor TA because he is told to by JA. I Am Happy JA isn't Happy and there is nothing that can be done about it on her end. I especially liked reading she had a melt down in chambers re the sex call and photos. Made my day.
I wonder how many attorneys feel for Nurmi in his plight with this convicted killer. I know besides being her defense lawyer he has an agenda (to win) I'm wondering as of now if his biggest agenda is to be done with her.

I am happy she's not happy. Her party is almost over I cant wait. I move the Judge should televise the closing and the sentence.

http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-12-page-letter-of-diarrhea.html

I use an IPad and it belongs to me. Last summer I had serious issues with WS. The administrator said they were working on it and it hasn't happened since. When I would go to www.websleuths.com a solid red screen would appear with men and women in horrible *advertiser censored* acts. I turned my head (because I had never seen that and find it disgusting) and the screen had no backspace, no "done" button that you would see on videos, nothing. I did a hard shutdown of my iPad. I waited hours before I had the nerve to go back. This happened three times over two days. I sent WS an email, told them I was shocked. They wrote me right back and asked if I had an iPad. Apparently, they were having issues. I haven't had problems since and I bought a tablet and it works fine also.

That is interesting, I once got a *advertiser censored* site on a old PC...I did the same thing you did. My iPad has an issue when I try to write responses, will freeze up and also will tell me I do not have written words to reply to WS. I usually will use the lap top for long responses. The white blinking box happens on the Apple Lap Top only....and only on WS. This is the second day it has not done the blinking white box. Maybe it fixed itself? I hope so. Thanks for sharing.

I use an IPad and it belongs to me. Last summer I had serious issues with WS. The administrator said they were working on it and it hasn't happened since. When I would go to www.websleuths.com a solid red screen would appear with men and women in horrible *advertiser censored* acts. I turned my head (because I had never seen that and find it disgusting) and the screen had no backspace, no "done" button that you would see on videos, nothing. I did a hard shutdown of my iPad. I waited hours before I had the nerve to go back. This happened three times over two days. I sent WS an email, told them I was shocked. They wrote me right back and asked if I had an iPad. Apparently, they were having issues. I haven't had problems since and I bought a tablet and it works fine also.

That is interesting, I once got a *advertiser censored* site on a old PC...I did the same thing you did. My current iPad, that only I have had, has an issue when I try to write responses, will freeze up and also will tell me I do not have enough written words to reply to WS. After three attempts of rewriting my response, I just give up. I now will use the lap top for long responses. The white blinking box happens on the Apple Lap Top only....and only on WS. I got the lap top about 2 years ago. This is the second day it has not done the blinking white box. Maybe it fixed itself? I hope so. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Hmmm, I wonder if you could download IM or email app with Travis' info, as if he were the owner of phone. She then could send lots of fake IMs and emails.

Also, shows this phone had memory card.

BBM - Re the:

"RECORD CALL
"

I recall that tape being way longer than 3 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNFSY5x-3w&feature=youtu.be&t=32m17s

-----------------
Hi, I am hoping they may show just that part. I think it will get on Utube one way or another..:Thinking:

Do not want to interrupt but am just curious as to why so many ppl believe that Travis let JA in on June 4th. She never had to have him "let" her in before and according to JA's own testimony she was in his house and watching him several seconds before he knew she was there.
I would like to add that to list of things JA said that was the truth... Just my opinion.

BBM - Re the:

"RECORD CALL
"

I recall that tape being way longer than 3 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNFSY5x-3w&feature=youtu.be&t=32m17s

Yes the recording was much longer. That is very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member