Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When CMJA was under LE surveillance in Yreka, how did she manage to tape a gun in the engine compartment without being seen, and who dropped the rental car off to her? Anyone know the answers? TIA.

Me thinks they may have been taped there for her by whoever rented the car for her. I seriously doubt she could have rented a car with her poor credit history and part time job.

I think you're right.

Not to change the subject, but when I was looking for testimony on this, I ran across Ryan Burns' testimony about Jodi using TA's phone to send text messages as if she were Travis:

Martinez then had Burns read an excerpt from their instant messaging.
In it, Arias wrote to Burns about reading Alexander's messages from another girl while he slept.
"She (the other woman) asked him what time it was, I decided to text her back 'time to go cuddle with Jodi, good night.'
I wanted to tell her, but that would have caused a lot of drama and unnecessary pain. But I felt so bad, this time I was the 'other girl.'
"Then I deleted the message, went to sleep and never mentioned it to him."

from http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...etails-meeting-with-another-man-after-killing

So, JA sent the message and then deleted it?

I think an amazing graphic for Juan to use in closing would be to match these "important dates" from CMJA's timeline to the facts from Travis' communications. Like May 10. No way he made that sex tape and asked her to record it :cough: on the same day as that text/IM/email. If he does that with all the dates, he'll have a true picture of her lies in writing.. the way a Jury likes to see, feel and touch as the 13th Juror dude likes to say.

He could maybe do that while Fonseca is on the witness stand? That could be really juicy.

I wonder if Juan knows about the 3-minute recording limit on the Helio?

Does the manual even indicate that you can save save save? So you can even actually record a conversation longer than 3 minutes?

I also find her revised list of goals, Vol.5,P.81-83 rather interesting, particularly on her list of places, isn't #10 on one of the backroads between Mesa and SLC? Btw, the all caps is from her.

14. Places on the list:
1. Cooperstown
2. Hotel del Coronada
3. Death Valley
4. Mo Tab
5. Zion Nat. Park
6. Moab Desert
7. Oregon Coast
8. Shakespeare Festival
9. DC
10. LAKE POWELL!

Lake Powell (beautiful place) straddles Arizona and Utah, so yeah. I'm just glad she didn't make #9 a reality. As a DC resident, I can tell you, we have enough crazies here already. Thanks anyway, Jodi.

I do not believe JA will get the Death Penalty. I just watched the Angela Simpson interview link someone [posted earlier. Her trial was also in AZ and she tortured a guy for 3 days- pulled out his teeth and drove nails into his skull while he watched. She killed him cus he was a "snitch". She said she has no regrets and would do it over (only she would torture him for a week)and that she would kill again if she could. She expected the DP but she got Life. If anyone deserved the DP - it was her. Jodi will only get Life.

I do not believe JA will get the Death Penalty. I just watched the Angela Simpson interview link someone [posted earlier. Her trial was also in AZ and she tortured a guy for 3 days- pulled out his teeth and drove nails into his skull while he watched. She killed him cus he was a "snitch". She said she has no regrets and would do it over (only she would torture him for a week)and that she would kill again if she could. She expected the DP but she got Life. If anyone deserved the DP - it was her. Jodi will only get Life.
Disagree. Who was Angela's prosecutor? Juan's already put one woman on Death Row and he will get Jodi there. He is the best.

No Juan there...

Angela did not have a trial. She plead guilty. She was sentenced to life and there is no chance of parole. He sentence cannot be commuted either.

Angela did not have a trial. She plead guilty. She was sentenced to life and there is no chance of parole. He sentence cannot be commuted either.

Just curious, was it a plea deal as to why she got life? I.E., plead guilty and you will get life??

When CMJA was under LE surveillance in Yreka, how did she manage to tape a gun in the engine compartment without being seen, and who dropped the rental car off to her? Anyone know the answers? TIA.

Good question. The answer to which we will, likely, never know. BUT ... wasn't it JA's Mom who alerted the detectives about the 9mm? IIRC.

Just curious, was it a plea deal as to why she got life? I.E., plead guilty and you will get life??

I watched the interview and I don't think so.... she said she had expected to get the DP and was surprised at getting life.

Good question. The answer to which we will, likely, never know. BUT ... wasn't it JA's Mom who alerted the detectives about the 9mm? IIRC.

Yes and I believe she and/or JA's dad were the ones who rented and delivered it to her. Wasn't it her dad that talked about talking to JA about guns and how you can't carry them loaded etc? There's always the possibility that her grandparents assisted too... I have to say it kinda broke my heart when her grandpa tried to defend her to the cop that was doing the search warrant by pulling out her work papers to show JA had been at work, only to find that her last day of work had been May 31 and TA had been killed June 4.

I watched the interview and I don't think so.... she said she had expected to get the DP and was surprised at getting life.

I just read on Murderpedia that she entered a guilty plea and that was her sentence. I guess you would call that a plea deal. I am not a lawyer, have never played one on TV and in my many years I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn.

I really don't think we can base the results of this case by comparing it to another case. Different cases and different juries. Also different Prosecutors.

Jodi deserves death as much as this women did or WA which Juan did put on death row.

ETA: Ah now I learn she didn't even have a trial. She did a plea deal to save her life and that is not going to happen in this case. JM would never plea with JA. Seems like this woman was pretty sure if it went to trial she would get death.

I also find her revised list of goals, Vol.5,P.81-83 rather interesting, particularly on her list of places, isn't #10 on one of the backroads between Mesa and SLC? Btw, the all caps is from her.

14. Places on the list:
1. Cooperstown
2. Hotel del Coronada
3. Death Valley
4. Mo Tab
5. Zion Nat. Park
6. Moab Desert
7. Oregon Coast
8. Shakespeare Festival
9. DC
10. LAKE POWELL!
#8- Shakespeare Festival - Done! Way to battle through the PTSD, Jodi!

On a personal note, Lake Powell and nearby Arches Nat'l Park are on my "to do" list.

Me thinks they may have been taped there for her by whoever rented the car for her. I seriously doubt she could have rented a car with her poor credit history and part time job.

I suppose it could have been her mom's twin sister...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

"JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION" (via telephone): Nancy, we`re learning some absolutely amazing things from a police incident report that we have just gotten hold of. On July 14th, when Mesa police detectives went to Yreka to arrest Jodi Arias, they found her at her grandparents` house.

They visually surveilled her from outside, and they could see inside that she was packing boxes and packing suitcases. They believed she was going to flee. They stayed there watching her. In time (ph) of that night, of July 14th, a car pulled up. She came outside to talk to a female person in the driver`s seat. They believe that was her mother. It was a lengthy conversation. It ended with Jodi going back into her grandparents` house, her mother driving off.

The next day, they found a brand-new shiny rental car outside of the grandparents` house. They subsequently arrested Jodi, executed a search warrant, and found in that rental car boxes of books of Jodi Arias`s. Intermingled amongst the books were two knives. In her suitcase was a box of .9-millimeter bullets, no gun.

Less than a month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that Jodi had hidden in the rental car. They traced the rental car at that point to San Francisco, California, and they found hidden in that car a .9- millimeter gun.
"

#8- Shakespeare Festival - Done! Way to battle through the PTSD, Jodi!

On a personal note, Lake Powell and nearby Arches Nat'l Park are on my "to do" list.
Now let's mail her the rest of the 1,000 places she'll never see before she dies!

Yes and I believe she and/or JA's dad were the ones who rented and delivered it to her. Wasn't it her dad that talked about talking to JA about guns and how you can't carry them loaded etc? There's always the possibility that her grandparents assisted too... I have to say it kinda broke my heart when her grandpa tried to defend her to the cop that was doing the search warrant by pulling out her work papers to show JA had been at work, only to find that her last day of work had been May 31 and TA had been killed June 4.

I'm so there with you. This WWII veteran, defending his grand-daughter. Broke my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966