Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same thing. Went to jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com where their electronic exchanges are posted in chronological order. It appears that in November 2007 they had some sort of blow up ... By December JA was slashing tires, etc.

Anybody have more info than I? Good question, Hatfield.

Not that her word can be believed (or that my memory is accurate lol) but didn't Travis catching her snooping through his phone happen before their "break up" at the end of June '07?

Not that her word can be believed (or that my memory is accurate lol) but didn't Travis catching her snooping through his phone happen before their "break up" at the end of June '07?

I think you're right.

Not to change the subject, but when I was looking for testimony on this, I ran across Ryan Burns' testimony about Jodi using TA's phone to send text messages as if she were Travis:

Martinez then had Burns read an excerpt from their instant messaging.
In it, Arias wrote to Burns about reading Alexander's messages from another girl while he slept.
"She (the other woman) asked him what time it was, I decided to text her back 'time to go cuddle with Jodi, good night.'
I wanted to tell her, but that would have caused a lot of drama and unnecessary pain. But I felt so bad, this time I was the 'other girl.'
"Then I deleted the message, went to sleep and never mentioned it to him."

from http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...etails-meeting-with-another-man-after-killing

Great points. I totally agree that her voice would have sounded different if she had done that.

I also agree she went through great lengths to get Travis to say certain things. You could hear it in her voice as she was egging him on.

The DT tried very hard to not let the jury hear her parts of the recording.

I thought the recording of the sex tape was so bad , it reminded me of how on tv they would muffle the voice so as to not identify the person. That is what it sounded to me like, my first reaction was I wonder if family confirmed it was TA's voice. Also when I heard other recordings of TA's voice I was reminded that the sex tape sure did not sound like him. Leave's one wondering!!

I thought the recording of the sex tape was so bad , it reminded me of how on tv they would muffle the voice so as to not identify the person. That is what it sounded to me like, my first reaction was I wonder if family confirmed it was TA's voice. Also when I heard other recordings of TA's voice I was reminded that the sex tape sure did not sound like him. Leave's one wondering!!

Oh why did I get started on this dang Helio phone thing? It's sunny and spring-like ... and my weeds are calling!!!

However, I just reviewed BN's testimony during the guilt phase regarding enhancing the recordings. He did compare TA’s voice to an exemplar.

Also: He received 7 mp3 audio clips, 2 of which were redacted as they had nothing to do with this case. That means the 40-minute phone sex call was built out of 5 different audio files. If, indeed, JA's Helio had a 3 minute recording limit, she would have created 14 different audio files, not 5 @ approx 8 minutes each.

Here is a rough transcript from JA’s testimony about the recording (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/18/ng.01.html) BBM.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And the recording of the conversation, do you know how that came to exist?

ARIAS: Yes. In the, when I got, I got my Helios phone the day I moved to Arizona. The phone that I had was a Motorola Razor, and I put it in the drink cup holder in the truck, I want to sleep in the truck. And when I woke up, I realized that send in the bottom of the drink holder with whole bunch of hot chocolate that spilled the day before. And it basically soaked in hot chocolate all night. So, my phone didn`t work anymore.

I met up with Gus Steve (ph) in southern California. He had a free phone deal. And he let me have the Helios. I agreed to pay him for it. But, I don`t remember how that worked out. And so, as I had this phone, figuring out the features, and then I realized we can record on it and I told Travis, and, we joked about, recording it, and then -- we tried that.

And a few times, it failed at it. Because you have to hit a record button on the phone. And then if-up ha you hang up the phone at end of the conversation before hitting save it doesn`t save the conversation. So he like, when we recorded things like that, he liked to play it back.

And so -- the first few times I forgot to save it. Because it went all one long recording. And then I would hang up not thinking. And lost the recording. And he would get upset. So -- throughout the conversation I begin to hit, save, save, save, so I didn`t forget. At least even if I forgot the last one, at last a portion of it previously was saved.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So you recorded it at his request?

ARIAS: Yes.

Liar.

June, 2007. Snoops his phone, goes on trip with him anyway, suffering silently and Christ -like , confronts him, the end.

July 2007. Moved to Mesa despite his strong objections. Stayed at Rachel's then found a room even closer to Travis. Travis starts dating Lisa within a week of JA "ending" "official" relationship.

August, 2007. JA has major regrets over confronting Travis. He was supposed to feel consumed with guilt, owe her more, and get more deeply entangled. Instead, he moved on to Lisa.

JA wrestles with dark thoughts for all of August 2007. She's very aware that's going on. She writes about "playing out horrible scenarios" in her mind. And "I've got to douse my mind in some kind of mental Round-Up, kill all that is not serving me, eradicate those thoughts."

On August 26th she writes she didn't take her journal to LV convention because it would be a "horrible nightmare" if it fell into the wrong hands.

She talks of suicide, of going away for a weekend to spend time with "some very successful PPL ring earners"(she doesn't go), and that she's trying hard to remember how she feels is not Travis' fault. She is very often over at his house, whether or not he's home, and she is very often on his computer.

....snipped to highlight 1 part....

I met up with Gus Steve (ph) in southern California. He had a free phone deal. And he let me have the Helios. I agreed to pay him for it. But, I don`t remember how that worked out.

Sure JA. Well we know how it worked out.
You either did a "service" for the phone OR you just conventiently forgot to ever pay him back.

She is so predictible and yet she thinks she pulls the wool over everyone's eyes.

That works, too. IMO, JA didn't use a mic in combo with a speaker phone because there isn't enough "room tone" in her voice. She would sound more hollow, based on my experience (which is in professional video and audio production). I mentioned up thread about recording directly to a computer by jacking out of the headphone output; every time I did that, the speaker on the other end of the line had extremely low audio levels compared to mine.

Either way, she went to a lot of work to get TA saying bad things about some members of PPL and Mormon women, plus recording the phone sex. Adding: IMO, that recording did not take place on May 10th. TA and JA had a texting argument that day, and TA was looking forward to a date that night (according to his journals).

I agree completely that it wasn't recorded on May 10. She was a busy little bee producing faux Travis loves me items around that time, though, probably because she'd hacked and knew Mimi was expressing guarded interest. And isn't this around the time he'd invited Mimi to Cancun and she'd accepted?

Originally post by Hope4More ~
Respectively sniped by me ~

June, 2007. Snoops his phone, goes on trip with him anyway, suffering silently and Christ -like , confronts him, the end.

Thanks Hope ~ I needed that chuckle :lol:

Originally post by hope4More ~
Respectively sniped by me ~

Thanks Hope ~ I needed that chuckle :lol:

:). I think a great punishment for her would be, right after hearing the DP verdict, that she turns around to look at the gallery and everyone is laughing at her. Mocking her. She's a great many evil things, but one bottom line to her is that she's simply ridiculous.

I was wondering that too and I think you are right. I bet JA would tell him all kinds of lies about what her mother would do and then Travis was probably thinking she is acting just like what she had told him about her mother.

Jodi accused her mother of "snooping", basically boundary issues. Imagine that.

Travis said it best..."you are paranoid because you have no respect for other people's privacy...." May 10, 2008

Travis said it best..."you are paranoid because you have no respect for other people's privacy...." May 10, 2008

I think an amazing graphic for Juan to use in closing would be to match these "important dates" from CMJA's timeline to the facts from Travis' communications. Like May 10. No way he made that sex tape and asked her to record it :cough: on the same day as that text/IM/email. If he does that with all the dates, he'll have a true picture of her lies in writing.. the way a Jury likes to see, feel and touch as the 13th Juror dude likes to say.

I'm sure defense will be focused on those mitigation factors she has listed.

Age - Can be argued but then she knew what she was doing.

No criminal record - With this crime I would think no other criminal record would be necessary. This one was bad enough.

Remorse - None that we can see.

Abuse from family - No other's reporting abuse other than Jodi.

Physical abuse from Travis - No evidence other than what JA, herself, has reported.

There were 9. Not sure what the rest are but I bet they are all about Travis.

I'm sure defense will be focused on those mitigation factors she has listed.

Age - Can be argued but then she knew what she was doing.

No criminal record - With this crime I would think no other criminal record would be necessary. This one was bad enough.

Remorse - None that we can see.

Abuse from family - No other's reporting abuse other than Jodi.

Physical abuse from Travis - No evidence other than what JA, herself, has reported.

There were 9. Not sure what the rest are but I bet they are all about Travis.

This is the list I have ... and other than BPD, I don't see one mitigator the DT has proven.

No prior criminal history
Just 27 years old when she committed her offense
Remorseful for her conduct
Suffered both physical and emotional abuse as a child
Ditto, during her relationship with Mr. Alexander
Abusive nature of the relationship caused Ms. Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time of the incident
Diagnosed with PTSD
Diagnosed with BPD
Psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with tumultuous relationship with M. Alexander

Wow, great observation!!! She must have been a treat to raise. And this from a person with absolutely NO sense of boundaries, much less a sense of shame, guilt or empathy.

:). I think a great punishment for her would be, right after hearing the DP verdict, that she turns around to look at the gallery and everyone is laughing at her. Mocking her. She's a great many evil things, but one bottom line to her is that she's simply ridiculous.

Do you mean rediculous ?

My interest in the phones is because I do not think she lost or destroyed any of them. And I think there is probably more than one external HD hidden out there, which will further destroy her texts and diary writings.

But, above all for this part of the trial I hope Juan humanizes Travis. For me that is of utmost importance. Especially, after Jodi's shrinks got up there for days spouting lies.

I agree completely that it wasn't recorded on May 10. She was a busy little bee producing faux Travis loves me items around that time, though, probably because she'd hacked and knew Mimi was expressing guarded interest. And isn't this around the time he'd invited Mimi to Cancun and she'd accepted?

BBM - TA invited Mimi to Cancun on April 29, 2008(Journal Vol 6, P.13-14). May 19, 2008 was the RH texts. Yet the sex tape was allegedly made May 10... hmm which year was that again? Since we hear JA now claims to have gotten a Helio from GS when she first moved to Mesa the end of July 2007 or beginning of Aug.2007, added to her journal claims:

Taken from two of my previous posts:
According to the journals, JA didn't actually leave until late April 3, 2008. The car was trashed on March 29, 2008. She says she was at her sister's on April 6, 2008(allegedly spent 2 nights in the truck) and was driving to Redding then Yreka the next day. Sounds like she'd done a trial run in reverse...

JA says on April 6, 2008. "P.S. I got a Helio phone! It's on."

Everything is making more sense, other than we don't know what "phone" she may have had/used between when she claim's her Helio was stolen on May 18th and when she got her new Helio on May 22nd. It is clear that she was making plans at least back on April 6th, "It's on.", imo(though I still think it started way back in July 2007).

I think an amazing graphic for Juan to use in closing would be to match these "important dates" from CMJA's timeline to the facts from Travis' communications. Like May 10. No way he made that sex tape and asked her to record it :cough: on the same day as that text/IM/email. If he does that with all the dates, he'll have a true picture of her lies in writing.. the way a Jury likes to see, feel and touch as the 13th Juror dude likes to say.

I like the idea of Juan using some sort of simple graphic overviews in his closing like that.

One thing I noticed with these long complex trials is that even though there are tons of good documents that are placed into evidence, I suspect the jury hardly ever asks to recall any of them during their deliberations. Because it is simply too overwhelming for them.

I think they most likely deliberate mostly from their memory and from some key things they may have written down. They may request 1 or 2 documents if one of them has written something down and wants the document recalled to show the others. But I suspect most all the evidence documents never gets requested by the jury.

Even though the trials last for months and months, the jury deliberations are done relatively quickly in a matter of days so they dont spend the time to go back and review much of the actual documents.

Which is why I think its important that Juan does use whatever is the main thing he wants the jury to remember before they head back for deliberations.

A couple of Travis texts where he is telling Jodi that she is a lying conniving manipulator would be good to include in his overview.
And maybe the one where he tells his friend that if he comes up dead, it would be Jodi that did him in (or something to that effect).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member