Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find her revised list of goals, Vol.5,P.81-83 rather interesting, particularly on her list of places, isn't #10 on one of the backroads between Mesa and SLC? Btw, the all caps is from her.

14. Places on the list:
1. Cooperstown
2. Hotel del Coronada
3. Death Valley
4. Mo Tab
5. Zion Nat. Park
6. Moab Desert
7. Oregon Coast
8. Shakespeare Festival
9. DC
10. LAKE POWELL!

Moab can also be on the way from Phoenix to SLC if you want it to be. The Page/Lake Powell route would be east of the Grand Canyon.

But, IIRC in her interrogation with Flores, Flores had info that Jodi's phone pinged fairly well inside Arizona in the northwest corner. Flores said she pinged on the other side of a mountain range from I-15 (I am paraphrasing). I'm guessing this means she was just east of the Black Mountains. There aren't a whole lot of ways to go from Arizona into Nevada/Utah from Phoenix because the Grand Canyon is in the way.

Between Phoenix and SLC is over 1000 miles, by the way. I don't recall how much time it took her to get there. And I don't remember RB or Leslie Udy saying she looked exhausted on the other end. (Heck, she had energy enough to rearrange RB.) But I don't believe there was time on that trip for her to be doing a whole lot of napping, even though she told Flores she slept in the car for many hours between LA and SLC.

I wonder what Travis meant, when he wrote 'you're more and more like your mom everyday'. Is he going off of what the felon would tell him about her family, the false stories?

BBM ~ I would think so, since he never met her mother.

Just curious, was it a plea deal as to why she got life? I.E., plead guilty and you will get life??

She agreed to plead guilty to the charge.

Isn't it ironic how cruel and sadistic some murderers can be, but when it comes to them possibly getting the death penalty, and the thought they can be put to death ....they plea to save their own worthless lives?

#8- Shakespeare Festival - Done! Way to battle through the PTSD, Jodi!

On a personal note, Lake Powell and nearby Arches Nat'l Park are on my "to do" list.

Your personal note makes me chuckle some. Arches and Lake Powell aren't exactly "nearby", although they might give the impression that they are. It takes a good part of a day to get between them, in my experience. And that's if you don't get distracted by Monument Valley, the Goose Necks, Canyonlands.....Are you maybe from the East Coast? (It's easy to misinterpret distances in the West if you're from the East Coast.)

As far as the photo..... I wonder if the two men in the photo know even now who they're posing with.

Does anyone know what was the first thing that made things start to go bad between Travis and JA?

At first they got along pretty well, so ive been trying to figure out what went wrong at the very first. Was it just 1 thing that started things to go South OR was it that Travis began to realize she was very possessive and off her rocker?

We know a lot of the reasons toward the end and just trying to find out if there was 1 certain incident that started them down the breakup path.

It seems to me that TA did not want JA to be his wife early on (maybe after the meet-up the Hughes even) and started to disconnect from her. Then he started pursuing Lisa, JA went all sneaky stalker on him.

Moab can also be on the way from Phoenix to SLC if you want it to be. The Page/Lake Powell route would be east of the Grand Canyon.

But, IIRC in her interrogation with Flores, Flores had info that Jodi's phone pinged fairly well inside Arizona in the northwest corner. Flores said she pinged on the other side of a mountain range from I-15 (I am paraphrasing). I'm guessing this means she was just east of the Black Mountains. There aren't a whole lot of ways to go from Arizona into Nevada/Utah from Phoenix because the Grand Canyon is in the way.

Between Phoenix and SLC is over 1000 miles, by the way. I don't recall how much time it took her to get there. And I don't remember RB or Leslie Udy saying she looked exhausted on the other end. (Heck, she had energy enough to rearrange RB.) But I don't believe there was time on that trip for her to be doing a whole lot of napping, even though she told Flores she slept in the car for many hours between LA and SLC.
That's because she had photos to take, a murder to commit, and more cleaning up to do in the desert, and getting rid of the weapons too.

I do not believe JA will get the Death Penalty. I just watched the Angela Simpson interview link someone [posted earlier. Her trial was also in AZ and she tortured a guy for 3 days- pulled out his teeth and drove nails into his skull while he watched. She killed him cus he was a "snitch". She said she has no regrets and would do it over (only she would torture him for a week)and that she would kill again if she could. She expected the DP but she got Life. If anyone deserved the DP - it was her. Jodi will only get Life.

She maybe didn't have a jury trial and you have to have a jury for a death sentence?

Good question. The answer to which we will, likely, never know. BUT ... wasn't it JA's Mom who alerted the detectives about the 9mm? IIRC.

Yes, it was her Mom. I don't think it was ever told who rented that car though. IMO, the Mom knows way more than we'll ever know.

Good question. The answer to which we will, likely, never know. BUT ... wasn't it JA's Mom who alerted the detectives about the 9mm? IIRC.

IIRC, Jodi told Flores she had a 9mm during interrogation. She invented that cockamamie story about going camping with a bunch of guys she didn't know as a way to explain the purchase. The gun was found later after it had been toted around in the rental car by other renters. It was discovered in the spare tire well? I believe it was the missing phone that was reported found by a family member (probably at Jodi's behest).

Your personal note makes me chuckle some. Arches and Lake Powell aren't exactly "nearby", although they might give the impression that they are. It takes a good part of a day to get between them, in my experience. And that's if you don't get distracted by Monument Valley, the Goose Necks, Canyonlands.....Are you maybe from the East Coast? (It's easy to misinterpret distances in the West if you're from the East Coast.)

As far as the photo..... I wonder if the two men in the photo know even now who they're posing with.

Love the expression on the guy in the back. :laughing:

From her journal, Vol.3,P.40, June 5, 2007, she talks about how she thinks TA may propose to her in Niagara Falls....but she's having suspicious feelings.(snooping starts?)

Then Vol.3,P.55 on June 20, 2007, on the trip to Sacred Grove, NY/Bridal Falls/Niagara Falls JA and TA get into a disagreement:

"Travis told me when we parked that he doesn't want to "be affectionate" while we were there. I think that he's completely entitled to feel that way, but it is very telling. He said he just doesn't think it is the right kind of place to be that way. I responded by saying, "Not that I'm expecting a proposal, but this is the number one place where Mormons get engaged, so I would hardly call it a place where there shouldn't be any affection." He accused me of being mad, but I actually wasn't, and I told him I wasn't mad, but he really thought I was."

They then allegedly break up June 29, 2007.
Nothing marking that date that I can see, other than on July 1 a bunch of stuff about how she'd been dishonest and it led to her greater heartbreak and then July 3 "When I got to work, I was feeling the strong urge to call Travis and begin apologizing all over again.", after which she then goes out with DB(where he was obviously hitting on her again according to what she wrote).

This all happened before she even moved to Mesa...

So they're supposedly 'officially dating' (according to her timeline) but Travis tells her straight out he did not want any affection at this location where people get engaged and is known (or was) as a honeymoon spot? She was right about one thing, it was very telling how Travis felt, and it doesn't seem he felt they were a couple.

It seems to me that TA did not want JA to be his wife early on (maybe after the meet-up the Hughes even) and started to disconnect from her. Then he started pursuing Lisa, JA went all sneaky stalker on him.

I think so, too....after the letters from the Hughes'. Even though he might not have appreciated those exchanges about Jodi initially, I'll bet he followed up, or at least had his guard up, because he valued the Hughes' advice. This would have been especially true after the creepy encounter with Jodi listening outside a door at the Hughes' house. IRC, Travis was ordered never to bring her back. He has to have paid attention to that directive, even if at first only in the back of his mind.

Jodi was "sneaky stalker"-ish way before Lisa came into the picture. For starters, JA had moved to Mesa, and she had a long history by then of getting into his private communications.

Yes and I believe she and/or JA's dad were the ones who rented and delivered it to her. Wasn't it her dad that talked about talking to JA about guns and how you can't carry them loaded etc? There's always the possibility that her grandparents assisted too... I have to say it kinda broke my heart when her grandpa tried to defend her to the cop that was doing the search warrant by pulling out her work papers to show JA had been at work, only to find that her last day of work had been May 31 and TA had been killed June 4.

I think her Dad did mention renting that car during his talk with Flores.

When CMJA was under LE surveillance in Yreka, how did she manage to tape a gun in the engine compartment without being seen, and who dropped the rental car off to her? Anyone know the answers? TIA.

Mom rented the car for Jodi. She was also the one that went looking into finding the gun.

I can't imagine staying with people I'd just met, having sex in their house, knowing that they had arranged separate rooms to prevent that.

After being married for years I couldn't have sex in my own home when my parents were there to visit.

I don't think it happened, but if JA could make the Hughes believe it did, it would have driven a wedge in their relationship with TA. Of course JA would love that.

From her journal, Vol.3,P.40, June 5, 2007, she talks about how she thinks TA may propose to her in Niagara Falls....but she's having suspicious feelings.(snooping starts?)

Then Vol.3,P.55 on June 20, 2007, on the trip to Sacred Grove, NY/Bridal Falls/Niagara Falls JA and TA get into a disagreement:

"Travis told me when we parked that he doesn't want to "be affectionate" while we were there. I think that he's completely entitled to feel that way, but it is very telling. He said he just doesn't think it is the right kind of place to be that way. I responded by saying, "Not that I'm expecting a proposal, but this is the number one place where Mormons get engaged, so I would hardly call it a place where there shouldn't be any affection." He accused me of being mad, but I actually wasn't, and I told him I wasn't mad, but he really thought I was."

They then allegedly break up June 29, 2007.
Nothing marking that date that I can see, other than on July 1 a bunch of stuff about how she'd been dishonest and it led to her greater heartbreak and then July 3 "When I got to work, I was feeling the strong urge to call Travis and begin apologizing all over again.", after which she then goes out with DB(where he was obviously hitting on her again according to what she wrote).

This all happened before she even moved to Mesa...

Do we have any real evidence they went to Niagara Falls, etc.? That seems so unlikely. It would take 3 days or so to get there. And 3 days to get back? I'm thinking Jodi just wanted to enter some phoney baloney marriage conversation into her fantasies.

Also, if the conversation with Travis about showing affection is true, it might reflect that Travis was making it absolutely clear once and for all, that he wasn't interested in marriage, even though JA keeps bringing it up. I'll bet he's told her that any number of times, and he's fed up, and that caused the break in their association (for the time being), the break that Jodi refers to as a "break-up" when likely there never was a "boyfriend/girlfriend" thing going. I'm betting he just plain told her to "get lost".

JA was snooping at least in January (February?) 2007, because she admitted as much to the Hughes'.

Also, per Demarte, Jodi was the one who tried to get back with DB, and not vice versa.

I can't imagine staying with people I'd just met, having sex in their house, knowing that they had arranged separate rooms to prevent that.

After being married for years I couldn't have sex in my own home when my parents were there to visit.

I don't think it happened, but if JA could make the Hughes believe it did, it would have driven a wedge in their relationship with TA. Of course JA would love that.

Adding to that, I also think that Jodi's BPD manifested itself in terms of her relationship with the Hughes. On the interrogation tapes she praised them as being wonderful people, but in reality, I think she hated them, especially Sky. How could she (Sky) have such a good marriage, family, nice house, etc., when Jodi was so much more attractive and desirable? Idolizing, then devaluing. I'm thinking that's another commandment Jodi failed to commit to memory: thou shalt not covet.

I thought the recording of the sex tape was so bad , it reminded me of how on tv they would muffle the voice so as to not identify the person. That is what it sounded to me like, my first reaction was I wonder if family confirmed it was TA's voice. Also when I heard other recordings of TA's voice I was reminded that the sex tape sure did not sound like him. Leave's one wondering!!

Kind of like the "sequence of events" ie: sex on Jun4, this is something Juan did not argue. I'm quite certain it is TA on the tape.

I think i'm in the camp that the sex tape is authentic and not fabricated. The flow of it would of been really chunky. Their conversations seemed on track although JA seemed distracted and he was half asleep.

Just an FYI in case you haven't paid attention to the yellow box at the top of the page. We have a new thread of animations of the Arias case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Scene-Animation-by-Websleuths-Member-grayhuze

I only watched the last one of the "gunshot came first" theory. The video is very good, and will probably make you think, though I do not agree the shot was first. Will spend tomorrow watching the others.

I do not believe JA will get the Death Penalty. I just watched the Angela Simpson interview link someone [posted earlier. Her trial was also in AZ and she tortured a guy for 3 days- pulled out his teeth and drove nails into his skull while he watched. She killed him cus he was a "snitch". She said she has no regrets and would do it over (only she would torture him for a week)and that she would kill again if she could. She expected the DP but she got Life. If anyone deserved the DP - it was her. Jodi will only get Life.

She plead guilty to Murder 1 no trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members