Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frigga, there was ZERO proof provided. I don't know what the "rules" are regarding allowing all this garbage the DT puts out there in as fact, but it seems to me there is a disconnect on this issue all the way around.

For instance, yesterday during his testimony Geffner, in reponse to first hand info provided by the Hughes about how JA would steathily stand outside of the bathroom door while TA was in there and then run away just before he came out, just randomly threw out there that perhaps TA had summoned JA for oral sex and that is why she standing outside the door. I do not understand how this speculation was allowed to stand.

~rbbm

Did JM object, citing "Speculation" which JSS overruled, or did JM like the jury hearing something that preposterous from Geffner? Both options seem equally likely to me, after hearing JSS's secret testimony hearing role.

and it's not just threatening mail that she says she receives, it's threatening postcards. Wouldn't they immediately be screened out?

She can't receive mail at this time according to her website (YUK.. I looked) only postcard. So another lie No. 2,000,000,000,000

just read the sealed chamber transcripts and her bs reasons for not wanting to testify in public courtroom.

basically,she didn't want anyone to hear more lies come out her mouth so they couldn't be proven wrong and come back and bite her on the azz

Exactly. While her defense team are relying on the online postings to find things to write up motions for and to try to derail the whole penalty phase, it doesn't occur to her that Juan Martinez has a steel trap mind and doesn't need to comb through daily online postings to find the discrepancies and lies in her various versions of her "story" to help him "catch her out". Which is why he has always been willing to accommodate the carp that keeps getting thrown at him. She was never going to be at an advantage by concealing what she had to say from the public. JM knows more about this case and Jodi's lies than anyone. He is not easily confused or manipulated. A quality JA must really hate in him. :)

Sometimes I wish she had been left alone to finish off her testiphony so that JM could have decimated her on cross, using her own testimony from the guilt phase, once again and to get her riled up and angry to show this jury her true self.

MOO

Also, I now have a better understanding (not that I agree) as to why it was such a big ordeal about a trial watcher singing outside the courtroom. JA and her team, specifically JW, basically told the Judge at the onset of the hearing (as to the whole threatening/harassing JA) thing that there are court watchers that do this--the Judge to her credit told JW to identify the person doing this and they can have them removed from the court rather than closing down the entire courtroom. At which point JW, despite implying otherwise, said their wasn't anyone they knew specifically.

They must have been surprised when they did request it and JSS didn't cave. They probably thought they still had her approval for that even though it was for a different reason. :giggle:

Well, I only made it to page 13 because the site won't let me load the rest, but here is what I see and it is what many of us here suspected. Beyond the fact that Jodi MUST ALWAYS CONTROL how she is 'perceived' (like the letter she sent to the PPL folks and Ryan Burns) this was all about keeping her financial and emotional supporters believing her jive azz story of domestic and sexual abuse at the hands of bad, bad, Travis.

On page 10 when sometimes Judge SS recommends the media and public be moved to the overflow room and then asks Wilmott if it's the presence at the back of the courtroom (that is where the media sits) Wilmott's response is so telling- " well... the presence and the fact that they have the ability to walk away with the information she is going to say."

What the hell? The media and legal community are going to have a field day with this craziness- honestly- that is exactly what it is. It is truly Jodi's land- everyone else is just her guest. They damn well better get that through their heads and consider themselves LUCKY! I am not kidding.

Everyone else explains how the reasons morph, right before your very eyes, my 7 year old next door neighbor would be going... WHAT? What kind of ride are you trying to take me on?

On page 12 Wilmott again, gives it ALL AWAY with this little gem- Oh, and before I forget it was ALL about what was going to be tweeted out by anyone and everyone. I was like- are you kidding me? We are being punked- this is a fake, satirical motion. It has to be... anyway- this from Wilmott- "It will affect her ability to testify, her ability to be truly... to have her true feelings come forward." I would bet my life on the sentence Wilmott stopped herself from finishing was it will affect her ability to be truly REMORSEFUL!

She needs to be put away ASAP. I don't care what sentence. Lock that manipulating, controlling psychopath up. I truly believe she was on her way to kill Lisa.

Exactly. While her defense team are relying on the online postings to find things to write up motions for and to try to derail the whole penalty phase, it doesn't occur to her that Juan Martinez has a steel trap mind and doesn't need to comb through daily online postings to find the discrepancies and lies in her various versions of her "story" to help him "catch her out". Which is why he has always been willing to accommodate the carp that keeps getting thrown at him. She was never going to be at an advantage by concealing what she had to say from the public. JM knows more about this case and Jodi's lies than anyone. He is not easily confused or manipulated. A quality JA must really hate in him. :)

Sometimes I wish she had been left alone to finish off her testiphony so that JM could have decimated her on cross, using her own testimony from the guilt phase, once again and to get her riled up and angry to show this jury her true self.

MOO

BBM - Whew! I thought I was the only one around here thinking that... :)

Oh, and I want to say this- I hope Twitter lights up over the next several days commenting on this bull**** and I hope some of her few followers jump ship or drop like flies- I could care less which!

Yes but you gotta pay for Beth Karas' site if you want to read it, for now. I'm sure someone else will have it for free later on in the day but I'm anxious to read it!

I hope so. I refuse to support someone's web site in order to read what should be free of cost to read.

Frigga, there was ZERO proof provided. I don't know what the "rules" are regarding allowing all this garbage the DT puts out there in as fact, but it seems to me there is a disconnect on this issue all the way around.

For instance, yesterday during his testimony Geffner, in reponse to first hand info provided by the Hughes about how JA would steathily stand outside of the bathroom door while TA was in there and then run away just before he came out, just randomly threw out there that perhaps TA had summoned JA for oral sex and that is why she standing outside the door. I do not understand how this speculation was allowed to stand.

What I am getting from this trial: The Defense can say whatever they want without proof and then Juan has to prove they are wrong. Being proven they are wrong does not prevent the Defense from presenting the same lie over and over again.

It's even more twisted than that, IMO. Here are her attys arguing that the court be sealed because open court brings lots of scary hateful mail, the very thought of which makes her too nervous to testify.

Enter JA, who promptly undercuts her attys and the cause with her claim that actually her mail is mostly supportive.

She admits that "some" of her mail is hateful, but can't even let that stand without making that rideculous implicit comparison between how much she's hated and how many folks hate Travis enough to threaten the Alexanders by mail.

ITA Hope. It is just my opinion of course, but what I took away from the transcripts of that hearing was just who how truly Narcissistic JA really is and how determined she is to savage Travis and his family at any cost. This little display proves to me that she is eaten up with intense anger and brimming with a vile, all consuming drive to exact revenge and control the narrative.

I am happy to hear this re: Hughes book. Yet I stand by my opine that I would rather they did wait until this was over. That's just me. I do appreciate the info. I think it's important we know the real Travis. Speaking to over and above all the good we do know. He deserves that and the folks who loved him.

I have no idea about the timing but is it safe to assume that the book was written after the guilty verdict? As was JVM and Shanna Hogan's books which are already out there? How could anyone have predicted we'd still be here almost 2 years later waiting for a sentence to complete this case? I give them credit for waiting for the final verdict on sentencing before releasing it at least. More than I can say for the other two, both of whom are pocketing all profits for themselves I assume?

That said, I actually would like to see a book from the family's perspective. I think it may be a healing experience for them to get it all out and I'd love to hear about what they were really going through after hearing of the murder, during the trial(s) and especially their perception and memories of their brother from an early age until his death. But maybe that's just too much for them and perhaps would not be a healing experience at all. I don't know. But if they did write one, I'd expect them to keep the profits for themselves to do with as they choose. Not sure it would even be enough to cover the therapy they probably need. And NOT from the likes of people like Dr's G, S, M-F and ALV.

MOO

Well, I only made it to page 13 because the site won't let me load the rest, but here is what I see and it is what many of us here suspected. Beyond the fact that Jodi MUST ALWAYS CONTROL how she is 'perceived' (like the letter she sent to the PPL folks and Ryan Burns) this was all about keeping her financial and emotional supporters believing her jive azz story of domestic and sexual abuse at the hands of bad, bad, Travis.

On page 10 when sometimes Judge SS recommends the media and public be moved to the overflow room and then asks Wilmott if it's the presence at the back of the courtroom (that is where the media sits) Wilmott's response is so telling- " well... the presence and the fact that they have the ability to walk away with the information she is going to say."

What the hell? The media and legal community are going to have a field day with this craziness- honestly- that is exactly what it is. It is truly Jodi's land- everyone else is just her guest. They damn well better get that through their heads and consider themselves LUCKY! I am not kidding.

Everyone else explains how the reasons morph, right before your very eyes, my 7 year old next door neighbor would be going... WHAT? What kind of ride are you trying to take me on?

On page 12 Wilmott again, gives it ALL AWAY with this little gem- Oh, and before I forget it was ALL about what was going to be tweeted out by anyone and everyone. I was like- are you kidding me? We are being punked- this is a fake, satirical motion. It has to be... anyway- this from Wilmott- "It will affect her ability to testify, her ability to be truly... to have her true feelings come forward." I would bet my life on the sentence Wilmott stopped herself from finishing was it will affect her ability to be truly REMORSEFUL!

She needs to be put away ASAP. I don't care what sentence. Lock that manipulating, controlling psychopath up. I truly believe she was on her way to kill Lisa.

BBM

In an earlier post, IIRC Hope, listed TA's journal entries. One of the last ones stated (not exact quote) that his journal was missing, he believed it stolen, and his thoughts/feelings about Lisa were in there. I wondered just how angry JA must have been while reading over and over again how much TA said that he loved/missed Lisa, how lonely he was without her.

He repeats these thoughts in the replacement diary, so it is reasonable IMO to assume he said something similar in the stolen diary. He probably showed how happy he was when he was with Lisa and how much he loved her in the stolen journal (before things went downhill between them.)

JA must have been livid. Probably why his ring disappeared and maybe why JA was so well armed when leaving. Just something to ponder...:thinking:

JSS. Pff. I'm really starting to wonder about how differently things might have gone in this trial with another judge being in charge.

Let's just blame Geff for fostering this divisiveness and call it settled. His testimony was unprincipled and amoral. Perhaps we'll luck out and when all this is over JSS will issue a stern assessment of his performance that echoes the one he got in a prior trial. With even more luck, JSS will go on a veritable blitz and write similar "recommendation" letters for ALV and Phony-seca.
There were a couple times reading reports of JM's questions that I wondered if he was getting some things on record so that his office could file for sanctions against Geffner so that he can't testify in AZ again. Based on his testimony including both professional and personal slams toward DeMarte, he needs to be reported to the professional organization too, maybe she will. It was outrageous and unprofessional enough for all of that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi