Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, tsitra01

I wrote a reply to your post but that too, went poof. Don't know if the problem is my computer or the website.

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. My heart goes out to you--truly. For what it's worth, my much adored older sister suddenly died a few months ago and I'm still trying to deal with her death. I wonder if that is why some or even many of us are members here--we're trying to wrap our minds around the bad s**t that life arbitrarily throws at us.

Rest assured, however, that we have known genuine love. We've given our heart to others and had the love reciprocated. Big hugs to you.

So sorry for your loss

I'm here Becky. i've followed the trial since the beginning but haven't posted but a few times since my DH died. My heart goes out to Travis' family. Its heartbreaking to lose someone you care about and love. DM has made such a pleasant change from the DT experts. Yes, Martinez can become very aggressive but from what I see its been called for when he has had to deal with DT experts who are showing their bias and not being honest. So obvious too. Now Wilmott and Nurmi different story. They come out with attitudes. Wilma with her brattie mouth and Nurmi with his slimey mouth. They didn't learn their lesson in the results of the first trial and now doing it again. Almost hilarious watching them try so hard to copy the excellence of Martinez. JA might not end up getting the DP but it won't be because of her attorneys. She will be put away though much to the relief of so many.

Very sorry about your loss :(

I have to share that I've personally had something positive occur as a result of this head game of a sex talk trial.

I've struggled for years to allow myself to have sympathy for myself as a child raised by my BPD mom. Connecting all of the oh so familiar behaviors of CMJA to my mom (some so eerily similar they scare me) and the sympathy I have for how difficult it must have been for TA to deal with her rude, intrusive, and guilting behavior has allowed me to let some sympathy in for my child self.

Being in a relationship with a BPD person is unique from other relationships, but often those in the relationship with the BPD person don't know BPD is running the show. I think many of us with that experience are drawn to this case because of the familiarity, it's that flavor we've tasted so many times that's so unique you only know it's the same flavor when you try it.

My apologies.

Might have been when I saw Willmott call DeMarte a wordydird the last time. Can't remember.

I however DO notice she isn't taking any chances on making that mistake again.

OR calling Dr. DeMarte a bi**h, as JW looked for papers which she offered to let Dr. DeMarte see, and then, when JW had to search for on the podium, JW said such a not so nice word. It is in a video from the first trial, just not sure which one. I did watch it several times, even the felon and LKN reacted to the word, with the felon getting a grin on her face and it is heard on tape...yes, you can see JW saying it. Such a nice set of defense lawyers. Not a way to get a point across to save your client!

Does anyone really think that the DT is going to recall their 2 not mental health experts again or was that just a threat by KN? I honestly don't think anyone (including this jury) is ready for more time with them. :gaah:

OR calling Dr. DeMarte a bi**h, as JW looked for papers which she offered to let Dr. DeMarte see, and then, when JW had to search for on the podium, JW said such a not so nice word. It is in a video from the first trial, just not sure which one. I did watch it several times, even the felon and LKN reacted to the word, with the felon getting a grin on her face and it is heard on tape...yes, you can see JW saying it. Such a nice set of defense lawyers. Not a way to get a point across to save your client!

It's interesting that JA and Nurmi heard it. Wilmont was closer to the judge, so I imagine she heard it also. Why did she not say something to Wilmont about it unless she did in secret.

What a marvellous day I had. I went shopping, had lunch out, got a massage. Enjoyed some time with hubby and the kid this evening, a day free of Nurmi and the defense BS. Just took some time to catch up and see I missed nothing. We knew what to expect from him and he delivered. I love that the jury isn't taking notes and they look bored. What I'd like to know is why haven't the defense noticed the change in the jury demeanour when they're up compared to Juan?

Loved Dr M straightening him out a few facts, Re: Dr Geffner, he absolutely did do it wrong and when Nurmi kept saying she practiced for 9 months and she said, No, actually it was a year. I think one of the things the jury will notice is that even though she's a witness for the prosecution, she's not spending all of her time bashing Jodi. She comes off very even and fair. I think they will appreciate that, as opposed to the defense witnesses who had nothing but bad to say about Travis.

Becky- my gosh, I am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine how shocking and painful the loss of your sister has been. I am sending much love and positive thoughts your way.

Tsitra, The loss of your beloved husband is just heartbreaking- my heart goes out to you- please know that I am thinking of you.

I am sending love and positive thoughts to all of the people here who have lost someone they love, there is just nothing harder. Thank you to all who feel safe enough to share their personal experiences, it is a privilege to know you feel comfortable with all of us.

I will go to sleep tonight with the hope of justice coming soon for Travis and his loved ones. I will see this through to the end. Goodnight fellow sleuthers, it is an honor to be here with you all~ Frigga

Does anyone really think that the DT is going to recall their 2 not mental health experts again or was that just a threat by KN? I honestly don't think anyone (including this jury) is ready for more time with them. :gaah:

Oh yes. They are going to call them again. And as painful as its going to be, I look forward to it because I know it's going to annoy the jury and make them look like even bigger fools.

Oh yes. They are going to call them again. And as painful as its going to be, I look forward to it because I know it's going to annoy the jury and make them look like even bigger fools.

Rats! I was hoping that KN was just making an idle threat.

To quote a Goddess :/

For me, it's when closing arguments are done, before deliberations begin. They're end of trial predictions.
Uh oh -- I thought it was for the final verdict--after deliberations.
(This is in reference to the calendar where we guessed the end of...something to do with this trial.)

The defense really found some bizarre experts to testify in this trial. Bottom of the barrel-ish

Good eve all. I tried to get here today but only time to read a few posts. Spent this eve enjoying a local production "Of Mice and Men". So in a nutshell before I turn in how bad was it today? TIA

Good eve all. I tried to get here today but only time to read a few posts. Spent this eve enjoying a local production "Of Mice and Men". So in a nutshell before I turn in how bad was it today? TIA

Nurmi was very very annoying. I am not sure he did much damage, but did get a few snarky points in here and there. But I think the jury was over it and it was said they were not taking notes.

Thanks so much. Are we back Monday? Is the Nurmster done. I know a redundant question but i had to ask

Nurmi was very very annoying. I am not sure he did much damage, but did get a few snarky points in here and there. But I think the jury was over it and it was said they were not taking notes.

Seriously painful to watch today.

Just out of idle curiosity, was Nurmi last in his class?

Yes, I believe it was 4/19/2013 and if I recall correctly Deanna was on the stand 4/23/2013.

Reminds me of the email/letter Jodi sent to Lisa. I think they were Jodi's words, AGAIN.

Sent/posted just to hurt them.

Hi Dr. Know? Where is everybody? I spent about two hours reading today's posts and am raring for some conversation, but most everyone has gone. I guess it's just you and me, baby!

I'm here, fellow Canuck!!!! Been reading off and on since 2:00 pm PST, enjoyed several glasses of vino and ready and raring too....
VVish I could think of a vvord to let you know I remember you from vvay back vvhen....

Uh oh -- I thought it was for the final verdict--after deliberations.
(This is in reference to the calendar where we guessed the end of...something to do with this trial.)

BK talked with Paul Sanders, juror on Devault case. He told her that jury deliberated FIVE WEEKS

Thanks so much. Are we back Monday? Is the Nurmster done. I know a redundant question but i had to ask

Nope, not done. He was painfully tedious. And I believe someone said he told the court he needed another day or two? :eek: I hope that is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli