Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only got to the Flores part because that was all I found interesting...and did not remember about jurors being dismissed etc. followed case but maybe not as close as most here...the point I am making is why have any on line presence at all if your husband is involved in a profession such as Esteban Flores is? I say low profile is the way to go and maybe a protected facebook to keep up with your family and friends but does not permit weirdos from sleuthing you. He is a high profile guy...just my opinion

BBM: I agree totally, based on the assumption that she ever did post anything about the trial or Arias. I am so sceptical of everything JA's team puts forth that, until it's verified by a reliable source, I shall consider it as something stemming from the defendant's camp.

I did personally see Twitter postings that were allegedly posted by Flores' wife. This was many months ago. She was name calling Arias and basically saying what a horrible lying human she is. I was surprised to see that and have no idea if that was really Mrs. Flores or not. The profile picture was a very attractive blonde woman.

I only got to the Flores part because that was all I found interesting...and did not remember about jurors being dismissed etc. followed case but maybe not as close as most here...the point I am making is why have any on line presence at all if your husband is involved in a profession such as Esteban Flores is? I say low profile is the way to go and maybe a protected facebook to keep up with your family and friends but does not permit weirdos from sleuthing you. He is a high profile guy...just my opinion

Turaj, I remember very clearly when the juror was dismissed and I remember very clearly we learned rather quickly why she was dismissed. Someone told on her and she got the boot for making a joke about ALV. Perhaps the juror meeting was under seal, but she gave an interview, like Lamb Chop said, immediately after about what she did and why she was let go. As for the other thing, I don't know. There might be a good reason she knows this and there might not be. We will find out. But I'm personally gonna withhold my judgment of her until we get all the facts.

According to this minute entry:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6504977.pdf

They will have oral arguments on 10/14 for that motion as well as the motions to preclude witnesses and compel.

:seeya: Thank You, geevee !

JMO but wouldn't it be a waste of time to continue jury selection with that motion pending ?

I read some of the motion, but will read it in entirety later when I have more time ...

:eek: Det. Flores' wife and these social media allegations ? The first I heard about that was yesterday when the motion was filed.

JMO but I do think the DT and CMJA are "blowing smoke" ...

As I said before, JSS wants nothing more than this re-trial to go away . . .

:moo:

They should probably revise their info to potential jurors...I believe they were telling them the "trial" would go up to about Dec. 20th....implying it would be over prior to the holidays....I think based on what is going on so far and you know it will be motion after motion...all which require hearing etc. they should probably be telling them more like Feb. 2015!! Lots of people make travel plans etc. for the holidays and if they don't make it clear they will have jurors saying they have air tickets and can't continue. Wonder if Judge Stephens has thought it out...I would error on the side of telling them too long. Not too many going to be available for this amount of time. If it was a tight very controlled trial such as Healy ran in Dunn retrial (which was a total retrial not just sentence phase) they could do it in much shorter time but AZ won't sequester...won't work on Fridays or Sat. and on and on so should be interesting.

I did personally see Twitter postings that were allegedly posted by Flores' wife. This was many months ago. She was name calling Arias and basically saying what a horrible lying human she is. I was surprised to see that and have no idea if that was really Mrs. Flores or not. The profile picture was a very attractive blonde woman.

If there is any truth to it, then my only guess is maybe Mr. Flores was not aware of what she was doing. I could envision a possible scenario where the wife gets really mad and lashes out at JA supporters without her husband knowing about it.

But i do want to see solid proof from the hosting site of who had the online accounts. And even if it is proven, then I suspect it is a bunch of "he said/she said" and nothing that really has a basis to cause a mistrial or anything.
Because Mrs. Flores does probably have a legal right to go online and give her opinions on things just like anybody else does.

Now, if it is proven she released some private information that somehow could affect jury decisions then maybe there is something the defense could use in their arguments.

If there is any truth to it, then my only guess is maybe Mr. Flores was not aware of what she was doing. I could envision a possible scenario where the wife gets really mad and lashes out at JA supporters without her husband knowing about it.

But i do want to see solid proof from the hosting site of who had the online accounts. And even if it is proven, then I suspect it is a bunch of "he said/she said" and nothing that really has a basis to cause a mistrial or anything.
Because Mrs. Flores does probably have a legal right to go online and give her opinions on things just like anybody else does.

Now, if it is proven she released some private information that somehow could affect jury decisions then maybe there is something the defense could use in their arguments.

I'd also like a little more proof it was actually Mrs. Flores. Anybody can pull pictures off FB and set up fake accounts.

I'd also like a little more proof it was actually Mrs. Flores. Anybody can pull pictures off FB and set up fake accounts.

Exactly ! And we already know that CMJA and her bunch like to play around on social media ...

JMO but I just cannot see Mrs. F doing something like that -- knowing her husband's position and the high profile status of this trial !

:seeya:

Exactly ! And we already know that CMJA and her bunch like to play around on social media ...

JMO but I just cannot see Mrs. F doing something like that -- knowing her husband's position and the high profile status of this trial !

:seeya:

I really can't either. But anything is possible.

well it would be great to have hard facts on this account but from what I understand the twitter account was shut down in March of this year which seems odd to me and of course there are many woman with this name and also some bogus accounts set up with Arias stuff...so lots more work for the court to do on this.

Oh I am quite sure she does have that right so this probably will go nowhere but frankly as the wife of a detective involved in a high profile murder case I would think she would steer clear of anything to do with any of his cases and want to maintain a very private life. Again she has the right...but really not appropriate as far as I'm concerned. It would be the same if Jennifer Willmot or Nurmi's spouses started a tweet and u tube campaign supporting Jodi...spouses just don't do that.Juan is very smart...if he were married his wife or in his case girlfriend would not be online talking about his case.

Oh I am quite sure she does have that right so this probably will go nowhere but frankly as the wife of a detective involved in a high profile murder case I would think she would steer clear of anything to do with any of his cases and want to maintain a very private life. Again she has the right...but really not appropriate as far as I'm concerned. It would be the same if Jennifer Willmot or Nurmi's spouses started a tweet and u tube campaign supporting Jodi...spouses just don't do that.Juan is very smart...if he were married his wife or in his case girlfriend would not be online talking about his case.

I just don't know. She's the wife of a veteran detective who's dealt with many, many cases in his career. I just feel like she would know better. I really do. But people can let their emotions run them sometimes and we know Flores' daughter has been fiercely supportive of Travis. So...we'll see. I'm sure Mrs. Flores will need to testify at some point.

I didn't see all her Twitter comments, just a few of them, but there wasn't anything I recall as "secret info" being released. I do think it was a tit for tat with JA supporters in general, she defended her husband's work, and comments like that, along with how horrible Arias is, blah, blah, blah. Standard type of content one sees on Twitter, with the exception that she identified herself as the wife of the lead investigator and was quite vocal about her disdain for the killer.

I personally thought it was weird for the wife to be engaging with anyone about the case or her husband, on social media (never seen that before), and it's not something I would do were I in her position. Fodder for the defense to use? Sure, but they will try to use anything to get this phase dismissed and buy more time for their client, which is their job. Actual issue that should cause a mistrial? IMO, no. The phase was not in trial, there were no jurors seated, and unless one were looking for info about the case on Twitter, one wouldn't have seen her postings. And like I said, this was many months ago, maybe even more than a year ago.

Just an FYI, Juan's long time gf is a fellow prosecutor so she definitely knows better, lol.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4m 4 minutes ago

So far the hearing is open. Nurmi has arrived #jodiarias

That makes me angry. It's not the nonprofit's fault & they should not be harmed because of who decides to donate monies. How petty can people be? Yes I know Arias is manipulative & she's doing it to benefit herself, I get that, but don't begrudge the organizations who do need donations and are providing valuable services. Would it be better for her to keep all the monies for herself and add that to her canteen fund? Better some nonprofits get something, even if the money is what some call "blood money."

That makes me angry. It's not the nonprofit's fault & they should not be harmed because of who decides to donate monies. How petty can people be? Yes I know Arias is manipulative & she's doing it to benefit herself, I get that, but don't begrudge the organizations who do need donations and are providing valuable services. Would it be better for her to keep all the monies for herself and add that to her canteen fund? Better some nonprofits get something, even if the money is what some call "blood money."

I completely agree. Sometimes the way the people who follow this case bothers me. It gives J4TA supporters a bad name and gives the defense and the Kiefer machine more fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston