Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any truth to it, then my only guess is maybe Mr. Flores was not aware of what she was doing. I could envision a possible scenario where the wife gets really mad and lashes out at JA supporters without her husband knowing about it.

But i do want to see solid proof from the hosting site of who had the online accounts. And even if it is proven, then I suspect it is a bunch of "he said/she said" and nothing that really has a basis to cause a mistrial or anything.
Because Mrs. Flores does probably have a legal right to go online and give her opinions on things just like anybody else does.

Now, if it is proven she released some private information that somehow could affect jury decisions then maybe there is something the defense could use in their arguments.

BBM

Thank you. Mrs. Flores wasn't under a gag order. She has every right to participate on social media, express her opinions and say what she wants to. I doubt that her husband came home at night and told her privileged information. I know cops and doctors and people the last thing they want to talk about when they get home is shop. She probably watched the trial on TV like us.

I didn't see all her Twitter comments, just a few of them, but there wasn't anything I recall as "secret info" being released. I do think it was a tit for tat with JA supporters in general, she defended her husband's work, and comments like that, along with how horrible Arias is, blah, blah, blah. Standard type of content one sees on Twitter, with the exception that she identified herself as the wife of the lead investigator and was quite vocal about her disdain for the killer.

I personally thought it was weird for the wife to be engaging with anyone about the case or her husband, on social media (never seen that before), and it's not something I would do were I in her position. Fodder for the defense to use? Sure, but they will try to use anything to get this phase dismissed and buy more time for their client, which is their job. Actual issue that should cause a mistrial? IMO, no. The phase was not in trial, there were no jurors seated, and unless one were looking for info about the case on Twitter, one wouldn't have seen her postings. And like I said, this was many months ago, maybe even more than a year ago.

The only part I can read is that they were DMs—not public posts. That doesn't really make it any better if it really is Mrs. Flores, but it does make me wonder about the identity of the other party and the circumstances and context of the conversation. Did the defense team get these from the prosecution?

Not a big Twitter fan in general. Live video of this trial would be so much better than having the lion's share of the live reporting done on Twitter. The signal to noise ratio is so awful. Glad to have WS here to filter it for me. :)

:seeya: Thank You, geevee !

JMO but wouldn't it be a waste of time to continue jury selection with that motion pending ?

I read some of the motion, but will read it in entirety later when I have more time ...

:eek: Det. Flores' wife and these social media allegations ? The first I heard about that was yesterday when the motion was filed.

JMO but I do think the DT and CMJA are "blowing smoke" ...

As I said before, JSS wants nothing more than this re-trial to go away . . .

:moo:

Good Morning DGC! :seeya: I hope that the Judge deals with this motion today. This trial seems to be never ending. If it is exhausting for us then I can only imagine how it must be for Travis' family. They are the only reason I'm still holding on and keeping the Faith.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 10m 10 minutes ago

Jen Willmott and Juan are here so let's go! #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9m 9 minutes ago

If Nurmi reclines anymore he's going to fall backwards #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 7m 7 minutes ago

Well jingle jangle #jodiarias is here!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 5m 5 minutes ago

They are striking jurors right now #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago

7 jurors have been released #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago

Jurors will be coming in on Monday at 10:15am MST #jodiarias

My god I just came home from picked my daughter up from nursery,turned the corner and saw this outside my house...I heard the bus driver talking to the police officer and a girl maybe about 12 ran out to cross the road behind the bus,was hit by a car and went flying into the air and smashed to the ground. He was giving her first aid and her eyes were rolling into the back of her head. Sooooo scary.

Sorry for o/t
5ehy3u3y.jpg

:) Some questions for AZLawyer about that "60 page" Motion:

- Does the State file a written opposition to that Motion and if so, when is it due with the court ?

:) If so, hopefully the reporters will be on it and get us a copy before the Hearing.

- The Hearing is scheduled for 10/14/14. So will the Hearing be held in open court for everyone to see -- or -- in chambers ?

- Will the Judge rule from the bench on the Motion -- or take it under advisement?

- And finally, do you think the Motion has any "merit" ?

:tyou: Thank You very much for your responses !

My god I just came home from picked my daughter up from nursery,turned the corner and saw this outside my house...I heard the bus driver talking to the police officer and a girl maybe about 12 ran out to cross the road behind the bus,was hit by a car and went flying into the air and smashed to the ground. He was giving her first aid and her eyes were rolling into the back of her head. Sooooo scary.

Sorry for o/t
5ehy3u3y.jpg

Omg. I hope she's ok. Poor bairn

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi asked for more time to question jurors...Judge says 45 min is enough but will give more time if necessary #jodiarias

I'll let you post the tweets Josie, I'm having all kinds of trouble here today.

Hope that little girl that was hit will be okay.

How much more time would he like...another 5 years?

I'm glad I wasn't in,must hAve just happened as I left the house

That makes me angry. It's not the nonprofit's fault & they should not be harmed because of who decides to donate monies. How petty can people be? Yes I know Arias is manipulative & she's doing it to benefit herself, I get that, but don't begrudge the organizations who do need donations and are providing valuable services. Would it be better for her to keep all the monies for herself and add that to her canteen fund? Better some nonprofits get something, even if the money is what some call "blood money."

I would be willing to bet that the food bank would get more donations if they went public and said under the circumstances they could not keep the money but would be turning it over to the Alexander family. If the Alexander family wants to donate that money back to them they will be ahead. Also the publicity would probably bring more donations in to cover the cost of what they have lost by not keeping the money donated from Jodi. She is not very well liked in the area. This would also make Jodi think twice before doing this again. There was only one reason for her to donate that money. jmo

I would be willing to bet that the food bank would get more donations if they went public and said under the circumstances they could not keep the money but would be turning it over to the Alexander family. If the Alexander family wants to donate that money back to them they will be ahead. Also the publicity would probably bring more donations in to cover the cost of what they have lost by not keeping the money donated from Jodi. She is not very well liked in the area. This would also make Jodi think twice before doing this again. There was only one reason for her to donate that money. jmo

Would the Alexander's really want money that she has raised?

Crowd mentality and the "burn her at the stake" type of sentiments show how absolutely ignorant people can be. The Internet reveals all of that and more. It's exactly the kind of behavior one would expect in a middle east or third world country. We have a system here, backed by a constitution. I realize a lot of people don't remember that or even if they do they don't care, but darn if it isn't troubling to see how many idiots there are.

As for the food bank or any other nonprofit, they should not have to spend their time and administrative resources (which costs $, btw) to address other peoples' feelings about who donated. It's not their fault and money is money. I don't think they should have to refuse a donation. It's not like there's any quid pro quo.

How much more time would he like...another 5 years?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: LOL !

I tell ya, this re-trial is never going to end ..................................

:seeya:

Can you please post a link to where you read the jury selection posts? Thanks in advance!

Would the Alexander's really want money that she has raised?

No, they would probably donate the money back and not advertise the fact, at least not during the retrial. It would just trump Jodi from using it as a mitigating factor, which is the only reason it was done.

I believe the food bank may be upset because Jodi's "people" posted it online that she had donated the money and the food bank is upset because that was done and they are getting negative feed back on it. I imagine they feel they were used. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx