Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a neighbor that has worked with Judge Sherry. He said she is a VERY nice lady.
I think that may be some of the problem in this trial.
People have different personalities and not all are suited to this type of case. I don't think their education or experience can change that. I think maybe JSS is this type of person. I am not saying this is good or bad, it just is IMO, what it is.

I tend to agree with you. Maybe JSS is too nice.

I think WS should buy a corporate subscription to BKaras' site and allow members with numbers of posts over [whatever number] access to a private thread in the jury room with links to BKaras' daily video updates. JMVHO

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 15m15 minutes ago
The jury will be sworn in at 10am tomorrow. Preliminary jury instructions will be read and then openings will begin. #jodiarias

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 2m2 minutes ago
The hearing scheduled for 4:30 pm ET in #jodiarias is not happening. It's been vacated. Trial starts tomorrow at 1 pm ET.

The death penalty must still be on if trial starts tomorrow. Was that the hearing that was vacated today? This coverage is for the (tweety) birds. I hate the confusion it's causing! :tantrum:

She gets to direct her defense whether they like it or not.

This is so weird to me! They are the ones who have put out the big bucks to further their education, to go through law school, to become lawyers and this piece of garbage (does she even have a high school diploma) tells them what to do.

No, she did not graduate high school. In jail, she studied for a GED & got that equivalent diploma. Practice tests were available & she may have enjoyed committing samples to memory. We can picture that, hmmmm.

so we are all go for tomorrow? its finally happening huh...whats the betting on it lasting til xmas :floorlaugh:

With regards to taking the DP off the table, the Alexander's are adamant about this being a DP case. Typically, IME, the State will abide by the wishes of the family if the DP criteria are met. I asked KCL if the Alexanders would consider taking it off the table and she said "Absolutely Not".

In our case, we took the DP off the case if the murderer would plead guilty which he did in the middle of the trial. The decision was up to my parents as explained by the prosecuter.

In our case, we took the DP off the case if the murderer would plead guilty which he did in the middle of the trial. The decision was up to my parents as explained by the prosecuter.

Interesting. On a completely different board there is a poster who insists that DA's offices do not consult with the victim's families on important decisions like the DP (or in the case being discussed elsewhere, plea deals). And of course they do. Thank you for sharing your situation; it's another example of exactly how the DA's offices do work with or at least consider the feelings and wishes of the victim's family in these situations.

snip
The irony rests on her that it reveals to what degree she respected her solemn oath in the trials to come. "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God."
I thought the oath she swore was "to save my sorry hide, become famous, hurt as many people as possible, and rub salt in the wounds I have already inflicted SO HELP ME GOD."

snip
The day after the murder, she confided to Leslie Udy that she hoped to watch her children & Travis' children play together. His body had not yet been discovered. Why would you entertain such a fantasy when you claim you did your utmost to keep this "pedophile" away from children, including his friends' children?
It must have been quite a lightbulb moment for Jodi when she realized that she could account for all her fond statements about this abusive pedophile, as well as her complete lack of negative statements prior to switching to the self defense story, by evoking the "Law of Attraction" as though it were as legitimate as evoking one's 5th amendment rights.

I would never say anything bad about Travis. I would never reveal his shameful secrets. I didn't want to make other people to lose respect for him. I recognized that he had the potential to become a truly good man, and I wanted to focus on this rather than on his flaws.

Well, Jodi. Isn't that special.

"When she opens a topic about her relation to God, there is an expectation of personal authenticity, even if you are irreligious, a non-believer. She is about to describe something spiritual." - Tuba

She couldn't even keep her lies straight about being a Mormon. She read the scriptures, either to deceive Travis or to lie better in court. It was apparent from her, "Thy shall not fornicate" breathlessly whispered answer to Detective Flores that she was all about the loopholes. You have hit the nail on the head about her authenticity on this. I don't believe she is religious at all. It's just another stupid ploy to appeal to the jury.

Oops. Just doing some catching up and I see you made the "fornication as scriptural loophole" point before I did. It's too late to edit my post, but I just wanted to say "oops."

Great minds...

Interesting. On a completely different board there is a poster who insists that DA's offices do not consult with the victim's families on important decisions like the DP (or in the case being discussed elsewhere, plea deals). And of course they do. Thank you for sharing your situation; it's another example of exactly how the DA's offices do work with or at least consider the feelings and wishes of the victim's family in these situations.

LE kept us up to date throughout their investigation. We knew the moment they arrested the murderers. I distinctly remember being called at work by the Chief of Detectives to tell me they had arrested the shooter. Same thing when they arrested the second guy. When the case went to trial the District Attorney himself tried the case and spoke with my parents every day throughout the trial. When they arrested the second guy that could place the shooter at the scene, that is when the DA asked my parents if they could offer a plea deal for 1st degree murder and take the DP off the table for him to plead guilty. And just like that, the first trial was over.

On the lookout for any individual who can recall the event of the killer's baptism and socializing that took place afterward. This individual must be willing to convey the information to the new jury, whether indirectly or through testifying. Maybe Pastor Vernon Parker could be helpful in locating such individual(s).

Just saw this on case history page, but don't see the motion itself:

10/20/2014 MIL - Motion In Limine - Party (001) 10/20/2014
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE:pRECLUDE DR. HORN FROM TESTIFYING REGARDING INCAPACITATION OF MR. ALEXANDER DUE TO LACK OF EXPERT KNOWLEDGE

Just saw this on case history page, but don't see the motion itself:

10/20/2014 MIL - Motion In Limine - Party (001) 10/20/2014
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE:pRECLUDE DR. HORN FROM TESTIFYING REGARDING INCAPACITATION OF MR. ALEXANDER DUE TO LACK OF EXPERT KNOWLEDGE

That's alllll Wilmott. Hhmpg.

That's alllll Wilmott. Hhmpg.

Lack of expert knowledge?

Oh nevermind. She must mean that Horn is no LaViolette or Samuels...experts extraordinaire.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 2m2 minutes ago
MC Superior Court: Judge will allow broadcast of #JodiArias opening statements if both attys agree. Statements set for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
april89