Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there was. Deanna Reid. She and Travis both felt the conflict between their experiments with sex and the prohibitions of their Mormon faith. They went to their bishop after about a year of intimacy. The heavy serious relationship then ended.

What a shocker that people in conservative churches don't shout about their sexual activities!

I agree! It is the concerns (doubts) for Travis' "afterlife" part that emphasizes JA's true cruelty to Travis and his friends and family members (turning the knife once again). Because for Jodi, she just can't kill (or hurt) him enough; death is still not enough; she wants to make sure that those close will always wonder if attained his coveted place in the afterlife. (JMO)

They are entitled to their beliefs about "afterlife" and such. As long as they don't give the killer a religious pass. That is what matters here. The rest is probably a discussion for another time and place. (I don't like to get into religion and the like any more than absolutely necessary for discussion of the case. Reason should be obvious.)

Not true if you are LDS. In order to receive a temple recommend the Bishop literally asks the questions if you have masturbated, fornicated, or had thoughts of ill-repute.

Bottom line here is Travis did lie, he did portray himself as a 30 y/o virgin.

Again, I think the DT strategy is to go after 1 devout LDS juror. (JMO)

BBM

I was my understanding the church already knew he wasn't a virgin due to his previous long term relationship with Deanna Reid with whom he engaged in intercourse with. They both went to the church and confessed to the higher ups didn't they?

I'm v. grateful for all of the observers who tweet from court; how horrible if we didn't have them. But Juror13 made clear how much we miss by being shut out. What will the C.O.A. rule?

I'm v. grateful for all of the observers who tweet from court; how horrible if we didn't have them. But Juror13 made clear how much we miss by being shut out. What will the C.O.A. rule?

Are we expecting a ruling today?

Are we expecting a ruling today?

The judges' conference on this case is not scheduled until this afternoon (no specific time--they just have a morning conference case list and an afternoon list). So they haven't started discussing it yet. I expect they have spent some time already thinking about this one, though. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a ruling tomorrow.

ot . . . Does anyone remember a poster in the first trial who decided to do a drinking game every time the word "sidebar" was uttered? I just remember that poster being extremely hungover the following day.

lolol!!

The only thing "closeted" in this entire trial is the imaginary gun, on top of the 7 foot shelve pushed wayyyy back in a holster...that could ONLY be seen by JA as she was dusting....in the closet

Great post!

I am hoping for a COA ruling to be announced as soon as lunch recess is over. The slapdown comes down and the court cameras are turned on. (ok, huge wish in fantasy land for cameras on - but still)

I am hoping for a COA ruling to be announced as soon as lunch recess is over. The slapdown comes down and the court cameras are turned on. (ok, huge wish in fantasy land for cameras on - but still)

As far as I know, the cameras have been on the whole time, but the media is not allowed to air the recordings until after the verdict.

ETA: No one has appealed that ruling, so the Ct App has no authority to change it.

It's long. I edited out some of the possibly Sidebar-ish Tweets. Everyone here keeps up with WAT pretty well, and this is all in one long chunk so I hid it behind a spoiler. Hope that's ok?

09:19AM@WildAboutTrialBeck reviews his many pages of notes as we wait for Dr. F to review yet more exhibits. #JodiAriasTwitter
09:23AM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias looks like she has a smile on as Dr. F and Juan discuss her relationship with McCartney.Twitter
09:25AM@WildAboutTrialInteresting. Juan uses an accent when he says Bobby Juarez but not when he says Martinez. I am not sure the rules on accents. #JodiAriasTwitter
09:28AM@WildAboutTrialDr F thinks she heard about Bobby Juarez in an interview but she isn't sure. Juan pulls up a transcript for some refreshollectin' #JodiAriasTwitter
09:29AM@WildAboutTrialCounsel proaches as Dr F refreshollects. #JodiAriasTwitter
09:35AM@WildAboutTrialDr F explains that Bobby Juarez and #JodiArias separated. Juan is going over Dr F's testimony about this incident.Twitter
09:41AM@WildAboutTrial@neevebrody A juror who reminds me of the musician Beck. He takes hella notes.Twitter
09:50AM@WildAboutTrialDr F agrees that TA and #JodiArias broke up on June 29 2007. Juan asks if she was ready to break up weeks before. Dr. F doesn't recall.Twitter
09:53AM@WildAboutTrialJurors busy taking notes as Dr F and Juan discuss #JodiArias' relationships and the break up between TA and her.Twitter
09:55AM@WildAboutTrialDr. F didn't speak of the balloon festival. She recalls a photograph of them travelling but not balloons in the bg. SIZZLE! #JodiAriasTwitter
09:58AM@WildAboutTrial#JodiArias just turned around to glance at the gallery. Slight smile then back forward. We are still in a side bar.Twitter
10:43AM@WildAboutTrialNurmi reclinates with knee on desk and continues to fire out jection after jection. Judge is like "proach pleeeee". Sizzling. #JodiAriasTwitter
10:47AM@WildAboutTrialI love how Dr. F rephrases every question Juan asks in her own psychologistical way. #SoSmart #JodiAriasTwitter
10:48AM@WildAboutTrialDr F is talking about how TA was not open about sexy time with #JodiArias. He projected the image he was a virginal 30 y o man.Twitter
10:48AM@WildAboutTrialI think a majority of the many objections from nurmi about mischaracterizing testimony have been over ruled. #JodiAriasTwitter
10:54AM@WildAboutTrialJurors aren't taking many notes during this part of the testimony. It has been a confusing morning. #JodiAriasTwitter
10:56AM@WildAboutTrialThe privacy action that TA showed was also done by #JodiArias. Both kept their sexual relationship "closeted".Twitter

Contractors here again (granite counters today, woo!), so won't be regularly posting tweets. But I did want to share these:

JustDaTruth ‏@ 26m26 minutes ago
Respectful couples don't disclose their sex life to the public, particularly if it can bring shame or humiliation to their partner.

JustDaTruth ‏@ 27m27 minutes ago
If Travis had disclosed he was having sex 2 his friends/church, the next question would be 'with who?" which would be disrespectful 2 Jodi

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 4m4 minutes ago
#JodiArias mom talking about whether she gets thanksgiving dinner in jail

Seriously? I think my eyes just rolled all the way out of my head.

TA DIDN'T have a Temple Recommend at that time so it shouldn't have any bearing on any die hard LDS member. TA did what the LDS church requires you to do when you "back slide". If anything, any devout Mormon would applaud him for admitting his transgression. Not many Mormons DO.

You are so right Bernina! I have to wonder though if because Travis did not have his temple recommend at that time, and now the facts of the sexual relationship have come out in court and common knowledge among other LDS members, if Travis were to have told his Bishop that he again had sexual relations (since Deanna) with Jodi - wouldn't that be enough for him to be excommunicated?

I'm pretty sure that if you are on "probation" (for lack of a better word) for "backsliding" and you are already being reprimanded for behaviors - a second time would up the ante' - no?

Just a question rolling round in my brain.

I want to thank all the tweeters for taking the time to bring this phase of the trial to us in real time. My thanks button rarely works but I'm so grateful for the updates!!

With no view into the courtroom, we can only imagine the defendent's reaction to the cross examination. She believes she owes society & Justice zot for the premeditated murder, no debt whatsoever. Warranted because of who her victim was. I think she is temporarily appeased by the focus on the particulars (manufactured or not) of her past. It is attention and the content presented by the defense team is as she would have it. They are complying If some results from testimony are not desired, there is always another chance, another try. IOW, she keeps quite busy feeding her delusions. We could determine quite a bit, if we could see her.

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Sidebar #7? lol #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Pool camera is here so you will see pic's soon #jodiarias #3tvarias

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 30s30 seconds ago
Dr. Fonseca and Martinez continue. #JodiArias

In my personal experience becoming an LDS church member was like being a Christian on steroids! The LDS does follow the King James version of the Bible, in addition to the Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price, and The Doctorine and Covenants. (The latter book is the one with the Law of Chastity IIRC).

There is one more "higher standard" that Travis held in his church that Jodi did not. He was a "Priesthood holder" - something Jodi could never attain. No female has been allowed this opportunity in the history of the church but people (men) of color became allowed to attain in the late 1970's.

I do agree with you that it is a slimy way to destroy Travis. I think the thing that is even slimmier (sic?) is that the DT is placing doubts in his family member's minds of Travis' chances for eternal salvation. That is what breaks my heart the most. This defense and Jodi is all about hurting Travis and his family, not only in ths life - but also the afterlife.

Wenwe I am not upset with you and I don't want Lamb chop to disown us for talking about religion. ;)
But I do agree with you about defense. As for the Mormon church, Catholic, Pentecostal, Baptist and any other I have left out.....they canNOT keep you out of heaven. That is a man taught rule. God is the only one who can do that. I would dare any man to try it and see where he ends up at.

LambChop, don't ban me. I cannot stand the thought of Travis's family thinking he may not have eternal life because he was weak and sinned and some psychopath slaughtered him before he could do penance for his sin.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
#Jodiarias stares at the jury as they walk in with a sad face #3tvarias

boohoo
woe is me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics